2022 Tundra photos leaked

33,045 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El_duderino
AggieFrog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Naveronski said:

You know how they love chrome...

Better chrome than a painted bumper.
VitruvianAg
AG
Chicom market love them a big grill, whole lot more of them than us.
mts6175
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I have a feeling we're looking at TRD or special edition grilles. I bet the production grille, for most the line up is a bit toned down.

But maybe not...guess we'll see.
The white truck photo that everyone is using for their renderings is the TRD Pro version.
drumboy
AG
mts6175 said:

AgGrad99 said:

I have a feeling we're looking at TRD or special edition grilles. I bet the production grille, for most the line up is a bit toned down.

But maybe not...guess we'll see.
The white truck photo that everyone is using for their renderings is the TRD Pro version.

[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Nov/Dec release date FYI
FJB
OXDL45
AG
Any idea what color options will be available for the TRD Pro lineup?
aggiepaintrain
AG
OXDL45 said:

Any idea what color options will be available for the TRD Pro lineup?

Black, white, magnetic grey metallic
FJB
OXDL45
AG
Sweet. If they bring back the cement color for the TRD Pro I won't be able to keep myself from buying one.
mts6175
AG
OK, this is interesting if this is the new infotainment system...

RushHour
mts6175 said:

This would be miles ahead of what is currently in Toyota's, especially the 4Runner/Tundra/Sequoia/Tacoma.

I'm currently driving (working for Gulf States Toyota I get a new Toyota every couple of months) a '21 Sequoia Nightshade and the Infotainment is a freakin' joke for a $60k+ vehicle.

It's barely a step above what my '03 Land Cruiser had.
txags92
AG
RushHour said:

mts6175 said:

This would be miles ahead of what is currently in Toyota's, especially the 4Runner/Tundra/Sequoia/Tacoma.

I'm currently driving (working for Gulf States Toyota I get a new Toyota every couple of months) a '21 Sequoia Nightshade and the Infotainment is a freakin' joke for a $60k+ vehicle.

If you are working for GST, can you convince them to get some manual transmission Tacomas and some Double Cab Long Bed Tacomas every now and then? When I was buying my 2016 DCLB, the salesmen at nearly every dealership in Houston were convinced that Toyota didn't offer either one in a Tacoma because they never saw them in the Build tool on the Toyota website that pulls options from the GST inventory. In another 10 years or so, I will be ready for another, and would love to not have to special order or go outside of GST territory to get one.
AustinCountyAg
AgGrad99 said:

That was frustrating, when I was truck shopping last year.

It seemed like everything but the lowest trim levels had either a ton of chrome, or was blacked out. Finding a truck without all the chrome was tough, unless you wanted black everything (wheels).

That's one reason I bought an AT4 last year
OXDL45
AG
Do you know if they are taking preorders or reservations for the new TRD Pros?
Sazerac
AG
As someone who took possession of a 21 Nightshade today, I realllly hope they don't put that in a '22 or there is going to be some envy in this house which may cause some problems.

The tiny screen is hard to stomach in a vehicle of this cost.but at least it has apple play that works seamlessly.
TRIDENT
AG
Tiny screens.
El_duderino
Toyota sure is taking their sweet time revealing this with no info
AggieKatie2
AG
El_duderino said:

Toyota sure is taking their sweet time revealing this with no info

My thoughts exactly. Seem to have some of the worst marketing people on releases.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I trust they'll put out another great truck, but I don't trust they'll put something out that moves the needle much for buyers. In late 14 when the'15 TRDPro hit the streets I was really excited about the potential. They closed the gaps in my must have list the next year when I got my 16.

They'll still get people that were going to buy a Tundra anyway, and Ford/GM/Ram will still maintain their market share. I think that because there goal is to just hold ground, they aren't going for a homerun, which is why they aren't doing...anything really...in advance.

I know Toyota plays it safe. I just hope they bring the Tundra into at least the last 5 years of technology/performance.

I love my Tundra and still think it is one of the best looking vehicles on the road. Mechanically and tech-wise it is a dinosaur. Not the fastest on the road by any stretch, but the V8 still sounds sublime through the dual exhaust. I'm trying to keep my expectations low. Unless they do something earth shattering, I won't replace my current truck for at least 5 more years.
El_duderino
https://instagr.am/p/CRQ9gajD2Bk
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Nice. Love the back window
aggiepaintrain
AG
cool, narrows down the choices to the ones that don't have a sunroof, no way I would want that
FJB
Pahdz
I see a lot of people always swearing off the sunroofs, they're guaranteed to leak, etc.

Is that just leftover stigma from 80's/90's sunroofs? Don't want to jinx myself but is this really an issue on newer cars?

I mean it's not like we're talking about skylights on roofs
Sazerac
AG
my 2013 infiniti (and many nissan/infinity) have issues with the valve that goes through the firewall. only issue I've ever had with sunroofs....it was traumatic, but won't stop me from owning one on another brand. personally I very rarely open the cover anyways, and I never crack them or open them up all the way. The panoramic ones are pretty nice though.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Just need to be deligent about blowing out the drain line once a year or so.
If you park outside regularly it's going to clog. If it's garage kept you should be fine.
vansprinkle
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

If you park outside regularly it's going to clog. If it's garage kept you should be fine.

Now that I've read this I'm going to have issues. I've never blown the lines in my 2013 F150 and it has been outside it's whole life, in the Houston area.
maverick12
AG
I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I love my sunroof and use it all the time. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I don't have issues.
Guitarsoup
AG
Pahdz said:

I see a lot of people always swearing off the sunroofs, they're guaranteed to leak, etc.

Is that just leftover stigma from 80's/90's sunroofs? Don't want to jinx myself but is this really an issue on newer cars?

I mean it's not like we're talking about skylights on roofs

It still ****ing happens
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
vansprinkle said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Now that I've read this I'm going to have issues. I've never blown the lines in my 2013 F150 and it has been outside it's whole life, in the Houston area.

Just google how to clean them out. Shouldn't take 10 min or so
longeryak
RushHour said:

mts6175 said:

Never putting new tech in until others have proven it for years is pretty much the foundation of Toyota reliability.
evan_aggie
AG
longeryak said:

RushHour said:

mts6175 said:

Never putting new tech in until others have proven it for years is pretty much the foundation of Toyota reliability.

I like this approach conceptually, but 6-sigma might be overkill. In other words: how long as Ford (and everyone else) had smaller displacement turbo-charged engines with proven 150,000 mile reliability? Now having said that I do know the early Fords had oil seals go on the turbos etc. But the tech Toyota could have put in their 2016-2020 trucks was already proven for 5-10 years in mass-consumer vehicles.

Hell, you could really argue much earlier than that.
aggiedata
AG
Sazerac said:

As someone who took possession of a 21 Nightshade today, I realllly hope they don't put that in a '22 or there is going to be some envy in this house which may cause some problems.

The tiny screen is hard to stomach in a vehicle of this cost.but at least it has apple play that works seamlessly.

Hi Sazerac,
How long did it take to get the 4Runner in once you decided on it at the dealership?
YouBet
AG
mts6175 said:

Here's my issue with any of these systems like this. All of the interaction that gal is doing with the system is while not driving. It's a full blown computer and using a computer while driving is not efficient nor safe.

Thus, the reason you need analog buttons and knobs while driving that give you immediate tactile control, function, and feedback. As long as these systems don't forget that it's more important to have functional and safe access while driving then go for it on the 47in screens in the car.
Sazerac
AG
It was a sequoia.
It was about 2 weeks from when they found one. I don't know if it came from another dealer or off the line (what I assume).

Sequoia doesn't do much volume though so I think it was a little easier to snag one.
aggiedata
AG
Sazerac said:

It was a sequoia.
It was about 2 weeks from when they found one. I don't know if it came from another dealer or off the line (what I assume).

Sequoia doesn't do much volume though so I think it was a little easier to snag one.

Thanks for the info!
Street Fighter
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.