2022 Tundra photos leaked

32,636 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El_duderino
RushHour
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So there was a Toyota dealer meeting yesterday via webinar, and one of the Dealers leaked a few photos.

The V6 twin turbo powertrain has already been confirmed (roughly 400hp/450ftlb), but there is an still un-confirmed "game changing" powertrain that will be available.

Charlie Murphy
Not enough grill.
Brad_97
AG
It's uh red. I may be in the minority but I don't understand some of these front ends / current design cycles. Toyota, Lexus, BMW. Sophisticated grills? Naw, let's just go big. Ever seen a large mouth bass? Let's do that. I admit to liking it on t he Audi's though.
3rd Platoon
AG
That looks eerily similar to a GMC Sierra to me.
Ag for Life
AG
Looks like a Raptor and a Tacoma had a baby.
FarmerJohn
AG
It looks like a fish.

RushHour
3rd Platoon said:

That looks eerily similar to a GMC Sierra to me.
I agree, The B-Pillar back looks near identical.
RushHour
Brad_97 said:

It's uh red. I may be in the minority but I don't understand some of these front ends / current design cycles. Toyota, Lexus, BMW. Sophisticated grills? Naw, let's just go big. Ever seen a large mouth bass? Let's do that. I admit to liking it on t he Audi's though.
I like the look, but keep in mind these photos are of the "off-road" trim level, so there is a chance the grill will look different on other trim levels.
RushHour
Ag for Life said:

Considering those are the 2 best looking trucks currently on the market, I'm OK with that.
ktownag08
AG
I like it
Ag for Life
AG
RushHour said:

Ag for Life said:

Considering those are the 2 best looking trucks currently on the market, I'm OK with that.
I don't disagree. I hated the 2007 Tundras when they were released but then bought one in 2009 and put 240,000 miles on it. I hope they knock this redesign out of the park and they are on the right track if these are real pictures.
AGHouston11
AG
I like metal bumpers on a truck.
Buck Turgidson
What a good analogy - large mouthed bass! I hate the current trend of oversized front grilles.
Buck Turgidson
I wonder if the "game changer" is a hybrid engine like Ford just debuted?
RushHour
AGHouston11 said:

I like metal bumpers on a truck.
There are always Ram, Ford and GM Work Trucks with vinyl floors and seats if you want a basic truck.
RushHour
Buck Turgidson said:

That's the assumption.
End Of Message
AG
That's terrible. Posters above hit it square: fish mouth.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Not a fan but I'll hold judgement until I see it in person.
FarmerJohn
AG
Get ready for a battery pack between the frame rails. As for "game changer", well that's a stretch if a hybrid engine is all there is.
MGS
RushHour said:

but there is an still un-confirmed "game changing" powertrain that will be available.
Toyota marketing is still trying to come up with a dinosaur name to one-up the TRX.
tk for tu juan
MGS said:

RushHour said:

but there is an still un-confirmed "game changing" powertrain that will be available.
Toyota marketing is still trying to come up with a dinosaur name to one-up the TRX.

Siats, the bigger, older, and less cool predator
AgGrad99
AG
I think it looks pretty good, but I'll withhold judgment until I see it in person.

It kind of looks like a Silverado with a Ram/Tacoma front end.

fwag04
AG
Toyota gallery

Another pic
Picard
AG
fwag04 said:

Toyota gallery

Another pic

How many Stormtroopers does it seat?
Guitarsoup
AG
RushHour said:

AggieKatie2
AG
Holy grill batman....the clear picture makes the grill even more massive
txags92
AG
RushHour said:

Buck Turgidson said:

That's the assumption.
A guy who does tuning for the Tacoma and has reportedly done work for Toyota directly claimed late last year that there was a 99+% chance of a V6 twin turbo power plant availability for the next gen Tundra.
File5
AG
Maybe this release is only to gauge public opinion unofficially and see if they want to change it ahead of time... You know, like Ford should have done with the Mustang Mach E
Pahdz
If the bumper beneath the grill was white instead of black like the grill I don't think it stands out as much. That is the change I'd make.
RushHour
txags92 said:

RushHour said:

Buck Turgidson said:

That's the assumption.
A guy who does tuning for the Tacoma and has reportedly done work for Toyota directly claimed late last year that there was a 99+% chance of a V6 twin turbo power plant availability for the next gen Tundra.

The TTV6 has already been confirmed, but the "upgrade" engine which is supposed to be the game changer has yet to be announced.
RushHour
Pahdz said:

If the bumper beneath the grill was white instead of black like the grill I don't think it stands out as much. That is the change I'd make.
I agree and I'd bet that is only an accent that occurs on TRD PRO's, which these pictures are of.
Garrelli 5000
AG
The profile definitely resembles the Taco more than the current Tundra.

I think the black lower bumper won't be as noticeable on the magnetic gray paint (assuming that is still an option).

I'm excited to see more shots. Plan on driving my pro another 5 years, but you never know.

Looks like they're still putting crappy looking tires on the TRD. Admittedly I know nothing about Falken but this is the first I've ever heard of them and they certainly are <edit>not<edit> what other Tundra owners talk about putting on their trucks.
OXDL45
AG
I like it. Took me a bit to come to that realization but curious about the interior and the engine specs.
WildcatAg
AG
I like the looks of the current Taco vs the current Tundra so I like it.

Hopefully they have increased the frame stiffness.
Naveronski
AG
I don't hate it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.