2022 Tundra photos leaked

33,041 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El_duderino
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

My dad had a 70 challenger with red seats and dash. Reminds me of that car. I like it. Like the "camo" pattern in the leather.
Pahdz
I dig the location of the wireless charging
Madman
AG
Just noticed the power outlet in the change tray at the top of the dash.
Pahdz
Tow Haul Mode - yay

Still no "set it and forget it" AWD - nay (would be nice here in the frozen tundra of MN...no pun intended)
AustinCountyAg
Very glad I got my AT4 when I did and didn't wait for the tundra. Very blah
Madman
AG

Interior looks great.
Madman
AG
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/the-2022-toyota-tundra-trd-pro-packs-437-hybrid-ponies-and-technical-camo/
scd88
AG
Yuck. The American trucks have a way more aesthetic interior.
Madman
AG
scd88 said:

Other than the giant touchscreen not sitting flush I think it looks great.
scd88
AG
Fair enough. I'm admittedly an old so I lean more traditional.

Edit to add - can I change my opinion? I looked at the photos and the red was throwing me off. The gray is pretty nice. I like the way the gauges are laid out.
El_duderino
The land cruiser with the same engine is getting close to the same fuel mileage as the previous gen apparently, so we'll see
Max Power
AG
Why was the mileage not released? As important as the engine change to a turbo V6 should be its fuel efficiency. My current vehicle is pretty darn near the end of its usable life, and I like the current Tundra for everything other than its awful MPG. Also, pricing projections? Are they shy on that as well because they know they don't have enough? They expect price gouging from dealers?

Perhaps I'm touchy because this is just about the worst time ever for anyone that is considering buying a new or used vehicle. And inflation to boot is going to exceed any salary increases I'll see over the next few years.
evan_aggie
AG
Well you certainly aren't going to get any deals. That much is for sure.

And yes, dealers are going to want their pound of flesh regardless of msrp. I'm not sure if Toyota has a different structure than Hyundai/Kia, but they were asking (and still are) $4,000-$5,000 over msrp due to high demand for the Telluride.
Ag for Life
AG
Max Power said:

Why was the mileage not released? As important as the engine change to a turbo V6 should be its fuel efficiency. My current vehicle is pretty darn near the end of its usable life, and I like the current Tundra for everything other than its awful MPG. Also, pricing projections? Are they shy on that as well because they know they don't have enough? They expect price gouging from dealers?

Perhaps I'm touchy because this is just about the worst time ever for anyone that is considering buying a new or used vehicle. And inflation to boot is going to exceed any salary increases I'll see over the next few years.
I doubt they have finished jumping through all the EPA hoops and nonsense for MPG certification. For pricing just look at the current prices of new Tundras and add 5-10% to the MSRP. The microchip shortage has hit everyone so the new Tundra won't be exempt. My local dealer has had 2 or less (usually 0) Tundras on their lot for over a year now.

It's a brand new Tundra design so you can bet your ass the dealers will be price gouging on it.

You're not enjoying biden's America? Me neither
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Not my preferred color scheme, but a big fan of the interior. A massive and massively-needed upgrade.
coastalAg
AG
Need to see more pictures of non TRD Pro trims, but what they have on the Toyota site look promising.
coastalAg
AG
Limited interior

1794 front end

Limited tailgate
longeryak
El_duderino said:

Should've just kept the 5.7, paired it with the 10 speed, and then offer the hybrid option. The power numbers for the base ttv6 are pathetic.
Those numbers are above Chevy, Ford, and Ram's base engine numbers.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-toyota-tundra-vs-chevy-silverado-ford-f-150-ram-1500-spec-comparison/
Madman
AG
Regular models available in December, TRD Pro in March. I would be in position to buy a TRD in that time frame but I don't want to pay over sticker and I am guessing March-June deliveries of the TRD Pro will be over sticker.
Madman
AG
I love the looks in white on the TRD Pro

El_duderino
I'm comparing it to the ford ecoboost which is 400/500 stock and then even more with 5 star tuning
mts6175
AG
longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

Should've just kept the 5.7, paired it with the 10 speed, and then offer the hybrid option. The power numbers for the base ttv6 are pathetic.
Those numbers are above Chevy, Ford, and Ram's base engine numbers.
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-toyota-tundra-vs-chevy-silverado-ford-f-150-ram-1500-spec-comparison/

The problem is there is no higher engine that is not a hybrid like the others. And if you buy the hybrid, you lose any storage under the rear seat because that's where they put the battery.
Madman
AG
so you are saying when the battery bursts into flames the backseat becomes a BBQ pit?

I guess my dog sits in the front seat then.
YouBet
AG
Looks like the gauges in the Limited are analog vs digital in the TRD Pro. If that matters to anyone.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Price and MPG estimates are somewhat important missing info
txcincinnatus
AG
"The TRD Pro model that gets all the best off-road goodies. Available only with the i-Force Max hybrid powertrain".

That's really surprising to me. I'm not sold on the hybrid, but would love a TRD Pro..

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-toyota-tundra-pickup-truck-debut/
trailrunner
AG
Will be interesting to see real vehicle payloads that are not base 2wd vehicles. I only plan to do light towing so a half ton is fine but in the past when looking at the sticker inside the door on tundras, the payload was very low, I remeber seeing them in the 1200-1300 range...
YouBet
AG
Madman said:

scd88 said:

Other than the giant touchscreen not sitting flush I think it looks great.
Sounds like there is a better option to resolve this:

Quote:

The Tundra comes standard with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, though drivers can opt for a 14-inch, horizontally oriented center display.
longeryak
El_duderino said:

I'm comparing it to the ford ecoboost which is 400/500 stock and then even more with 5 star tuning
I'm sure 2-3% more HP and 4% more torque will be hugely noticeable.

Street Fighter
AG
Looks like you could slap 35s on there stock. Pics are often misleading though.
evan_aggie
AG
longeryak said:

El_duderino said:

I'm sure 2-3% more HP and 4% more torque will be hugely noticeable.

Hah.

Hell, most people who will complain or compare at this level have probably never towed or loaded the bed to capacity anyway.

99% of my driving is moving the weight of the truck and 2-3 people + dog + kid.

El_duderino
The limited trim truck TFL showed only had 1,270lbs of payload.
El_duderino
I was expecting numbers to at least match the ecoboost since they hyped it up so much and took so long to bring the change. Regardless, I think it's awesome they offer a 6.5' bed crewmax and hope it's just as reliable as previous Gen tundras.
Furlock Bones
AG
trailrunner said:

Will be interesting to see real vehicle payloads that are not base 2wd vehicles. I only plan to do light towing so a half ton is fine but in the past when looking at the sticker inside the door on tundras, the payload was very low, I remeber seeing them in the 1200-1300 range...
yup. always been the Tundra's biggest problem. it was due to that stupid "hybrid" frame rather than a fully boxed frame.
Furlock Bones
AG
Madman said:

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/09/the-2022-toyota-tundra-trd-pro-packs-437-hybrid-ponies-and-technical-camo/
did not see any mention of a rear locker. that's disappointing. i'm not sure why Toyota has no problem putting a locker in the Tacoma but not in the Tundra.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.