2022 Tundra photos leaked

33,047 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El_duderino
evan_aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Completely with you. I don't know how they don't get this feedback long ago early in the design process.

My gripe with Dodge is that there were too many buttons and knobs all over the place cluttering up the console.

Street Fighter
AG
Just a complete disappointment.

RushHour
evan_aggie said:

Completely with you. I don't know how they don't get this feedback long ago early in the design process.

My gripe with Dodge is that there were too many buttons and knobs all over the place cluttering up the console.

The thing is, There's a handful of people who don't like the big screens, and then everyone else who wants them.
evan_aggie
AG
Big screens are fine, but don't mount a lcd monitor like the mazda3 and Mercedes entry sedan.
aggiemike02
AG
It's really weird these photos were taken from inside a car.
YouBet
AG
evan_aggie said:

Yes, at least the Dodge panel aligns with top of dash but still....
JSKolache
AG
evan_aggie said:

Are those two different variants? Or one bed is loaded up with weight. Cab looks different too.

Maybe even different trim as one has chrome around the window.

Double Cab on left is running a 3-4 inch drop from the truck on right. LIKE. Frickin beds are too high these day, almost unusable without crawling in.
aggiepaintrain
AG
My 2021 TRD Pro will be in at the EOM.

Hearing of large price increase in Pro's as well for 2022

Garrelli 5000
AG
What's going on w/the tailgate? It looks like it is wearing a diaper.
aggiegolf86
AG
So if I am looking to get a tundra in the next 2 years should I get a 2021 now or wait till 2023?

Have a Tacoma now that's in good shape but thinking I might want to upgrade to a full size truck
evan_aggie
AG
aggiegolf86 said:

So if I am looking to get a tundra in the next 2 years should I get a 2021 now or wait till 2023?

Have a Tacoma now that's in good shape but thinking I might want to upgrade to a full size truck

I'm in the same boat. It did piss me off that they went to standard power driver seat and power rear center window after 2016.
JSKolache
AG
aggiegolf86 said:

Depends on which creature comforts & design you like. Other than that, both will last forever ha
Pahdz
Problem with snagging a 2021 has got to be finding any with everything you want. Assuming inventory is tight and dwindling down
longeryak
JSKolache said:

evan_aggie said:

Are those two different variants? Or one bed is loaded up with weight. Cab looks different too.

Maybe even different trim as one has chrome around the window.

Double Cab on left is running a 3-4 inch drop from the truck on right. LIKE. Frickin beds are too high these day, almost unusable without crawling in.
I noticed that as well. The truck in the back is a CrewMax, likely the TRD Pro. Looks like the double has a 6.5' bed and the CrewMax a 5.5'.

If Toyota has brought bed heights back down to where people can actually reach without steps that would be fanatasic.
longeryak
Garrelli 5000 said:

What's going on w/the tailgate? It looks like it is wearing a diaper.
I was thinking, 'the tailgate doubles as a Jerry can'? Best open swinging sideways.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Looks like the public unveiling is 1 week from today at a show in Michigan.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/the-all-new-2022-toyota-tundra-is-heading-to-motor-bella/

Althought this says the 19th: https://www.thedrive.com/news/42366/2022-toyota-tundra-well-finally-see-it-sept-19
Madman
AG
Madman
AG
I really like that pic I just posted. The other recent spy pics look terrible so hard to tell. But the TRD model looks great and I want one.
RushHour
Toyota has confirmed the first "launch commercial" this Sunday 9/19. https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/tundra/

"The next generation is here. Brute strength. Terrain-tackling capability. 137 Advanced towing technologies. 136 The all-new 2022 Toyota Tundra is a force to be reckoned with. This Sunday, September 19, at 9:00 p.m. ET, come back here to get an in-depth look at the all-new design, features and specs. And tune in to Sunday Night Football to see the big reveal during halftime. The wait is almost over."
03_Aggie
Madman said:

MySpace angles. Buyer beware.
Madman
AG
The press event is tonight at 8:00 central.
Buck Turgidson
Toyotas designers may be the worst in the world at this point. They also took Lexus over the edge with those horrible Battle Star Galactica Centurion grilles. Just inexplicable design choices. They used to have some nice looking vehicles.
Madman
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

Toyotas designers may be the worst in the world at this point. They also took Lexus over the edge with those horrible Battle Star Galactica Centurion grilles. Just inexplicable design choices. They used to have some nice looking vehicles.
Excuse me!

That Lexus grill is a fat girl's party dress on a hanger.
Madman
AG

Well if the dress was silver but still. You get my point.
El_duderino
Nah that's just how good the $80,000 TRD pro looks. Anything remotely affordable would look better in a brown paper bag
Terk
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

Battle Star Galactica Centurion grilles.

Madman
AG
Madman
AG
437 HP, 583 Torque for the Hybrid V6 Twin turbo. 10 speed.
Madman
AG
The TRD Pro looks great. Some of the other colors and trims less so.
Madman
AG

El_duderino
Should've just kept the 5.7, paired it with the 10 speed, and then offer the hybrid option. The power numbers for the base ttv6 are pathetic.
evan_aggie
AG
That video has the production quality and narration from a 90s sitcom.
Madman
AG
El_duderino said:

Should've just kept the 5.7, paired it with the 10 speed, and then offer the hybrid option. The power numbers for the base ttv6 are pathetic.
for me the lower engine power is good if the MPG is way up.
mts6175
AG
El_duderino said:

Yea, feel like that was a big let down.

Lot of sag towing that boat too.
Madman
AG
mts6175 said:

El_duderino said:

Yea, feel like that was a big let down.

Lot of sag towing that boat too.

because of the air suspension?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.