2022 Tundra photos leaked

33,055 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El_duderino
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RushHour said:

txags92 said:

RushHour said:

Buck Turgidson said:

I wonder if the "game changer" is a hybrid engine like Ford just debuted?
That's the assumption.
A guy who does tuning for the Tacoma and has reportedly done work for Toyota directly claimed late last year that there was a 99+% chance of a V6 twin turbo power plant availability for the next gen Tundra.

The TTV6 has already been confirmed, but the "upgrade" engine which is supposed to be the game changer has yet to be announced.

I'd bet dollars to donuts the "game changer" engine will be putting the TT V8 from the LS/LC F in the Tundra
YouBet
AG
I do not like the "snakeskin" wheel well trim.
Naveronski
AG
Some of the photoshops are kinda cool, too.
scd88
AG
That turbo will get some Ford Boost drivers to take a look.
TXAGFAN
AG
I'm so confused by these giant grills Toyota is putting on their cars and trucks. The recently updated Avalon is crazy for example.
RushHour
Garrelli 5000 said:

The profile definitely resembles the Taco more than the current Tundra.

I think the black lower bumper won't be as noticeable on the magnetic gray paint (assuming that is still an option).

I'm excited to see more shots. Plan on driving my pro another 5 years, but you never know.

Looks like they're still putting crappy looking tires on the TRD. Admittedly I know nothing about Falken but this is the first I've ever heard of them and they certainly are <edit>not<edit> what other Tundra owners talk about putting on their trucks.
The Falken Wild Peaks look really good in person for an AT, IMO.
meggy09
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

I think the black lower bumper won't be as noticeable on the magnetic gray paint (assuming that is still an option).

I'm excited to see more shots. Plan on driving my pro another 5 years, but you never know.

Looks like they're still putting crappy looking tires on the TRD. Admittedly I know nothing about Falken but this is the first I've ever heard of them and they certainly are <edit>not<edit> what other Tundra owners talk about putting on their trucks.

The wild peaks are one of if not the best AT tires on the market right now. Idk where you're reading what tires tundra owners are running but I bet the Falkens are top 3 most popular.
txags92
AG
meggy09 said:

Garrelli 5000 said:

The wild peaks are one of if not the best AT tires on the market right now. Idk where you're reading what tires tundra owners are running but I bet the Falkens are top 3 most popular.
Yeah, I would say they are probably #2 behind BFG AT for Taco owners for off-roading.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Admittedly haven't looked in a few years. I have bfg ko2s and have been happy. At the time it was those or the nito terra grapplers that everyone loved.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Black or grey exterior will soften the grill, when the 07 came out most everyone hated it, those models shown are TRD Pro's
FJB
longeryak
RushHour said:

txags92 said:

RushHour said:

Buck Turgidson said:

I wonder if the "game changer" is a hybrid engine like Ford just debuted?
That's the assumption.
A guy who does tuning for the Tacoma and has reportedly done work for Toyota directly claimed late last year that there was a 99+% chance of a V6 twin turbo power plant availability for the next gen Tundra.

The TTV6 has already been confirmed, but the "upgrade" engine which is supposed to be the game changer has yet to be announced.
Hybrid with battery torque down low is the safe guess.
MelvinUdall
Hopefully with that large grill, the mileage will be 16+. I like it, I own a Tundra and will buy another one when it comes time.
JYDog90
AG
RushHour said:

So there was a Toyota dealer meeting yesterday via webinar, and one of the Dealers leaked a few photos.

The V6 twin turbo powertrain has already been confirmed (roughly 400hp/450ftlb), but there is an still un-confirmed "game changing" powertrain that will be available.

The hood is longer than the bed.
Formerly Willy Wonka
evan_aggie
AG
Naveronski said:

I don't hate it.

I don't love it.
txags92
AG
Just saw four or five trucks that looked suspiciously like Tundras headed south down Utah 191 towards Moab cloaked with fabric shrouding all the way around to hide their features. Two or three had tan shrouding and the rest had a black and white patterned print to obscure any angles. I was driving and going the opposite direction at 70 while on hold with Southwest Airlines or I would have snapped a pic. Suspect some magazine writers are getting a test drive out in Moab this week.
Street Fighter
AG

I'll hold off judgement until there are some clear pics from all angles.
Sazerac
AG
Chances the 2022 sequoia gets similar upgrades?
RushHour
Sazerac said:

Chances the 2022 sequoia gets similar upgrades?
0% Chance for 2022.

The next sequoia Change will be 2023 or 2024 model year, but it will be based on the same chassis as the new Land Cruiser/LX/Tundra and share similar drivelines.
txags92
AG
Not going to be a new Land Cruiser unless something has changed.
Sazerac
AG
There is a new LC, just not coming to US.
tamuags08
AG
What's the feeling of the MSRP on say the TRD pro for the refreshed Tundra?
RushHour
txags92 said:

Not going to be a new Land Cruiser unless something has changed.
Might want to tell Toyota.

https://www.toyota.ae/en/new-cars/land-cruiser-2022/

But really, it's going everywhere but North America, and the LC/LX/Sequoia/Tundra will all be on the same TNGA-F platform. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_New_Global_Architecture#TNGA-F_(GA-F)
End Of Message
AG
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
RushHour
tamuags08 said:

What's the feeling of the MSRP on say the TRD pro for the refreshed Tundra?
Currently $53k or so. With all of the changes I'd put money on another $10k-15k depending on driveline they put in it.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Considering Ford announced the Bronco with a full on movie all these snippets are super annoying.

I think the pricing will be within $1000 of current models.
Hybrid engine option, who knows, $5k more?
That said, I'm still buying one...
FJB
Street Fighter
AG

Another photo edit. think the grill issue could be overcome with he right aftermarket bumper. Don't have too much faith in that though as those aftermarket guys love to make snow plows.
Street Fighter
AG
meggy09
AG
Any idea when actual info is gonna come out? All I want is something definitive if there will be a crewmax 6.5' box option.
Furlock Bones
AG
Street Fighter said:

Even in that rendering. There's way too much Bane going on with the grill.
AgGrad99
AG
I have a feeling we're looking at TRD or special edition grilles. I bet the production grille, for most the line up is a bit toned down.

But maybe not...guess we'll see.
Naveronski
AG
You know how they love chrome...
AgGrad99
AG
That was frustrating, when I was truck shopping last year.

It seemed like everything but the lowest trim levels had either a ton of chrome, or was blacked out. Finding a truck without all the chrome was tough, unless you wanted black everything (wheels).
Buck Turgidson
evan_aggie said:

Naveronski said:

I don't hate it.

I don't love it.

The current ones look much better.
evan_aggie
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

evan_aggie said:

Naveronski said:

I don't hate it.

I don't love it.

The current ones look much better.

Toyota would have probably sold just as many with a tiny exterior refresh but brand new engine/drivetrain + infotainment.
jwright4288
AG
I think every new truck that comes out is uglier than the last gen. Give it a couple years though and you get used to it, probably.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.