Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR 2k20

64,673 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGHouston11
agenjake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Take the hog show back to Brenham!
Dr. Horrible
I will go spend my money on the kids if they show and auction at Katy or cy fair facilities.
Ag_07
AG
Sucks for sure for all the contestants. It'll be interesting to see how they still hand out the scholarships.

I'm just not sure even if it's bare minimum personnel somewhere off the beaten path you're still gonna have a good amount of people in a small area.
David_Puddy
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Boo Weekley said:

I hate to be "that guy", but I am kind of glad this is happening. Selfishly, I hope it knocks HLSR down a peg or two. As someone who would like to see more Cody Jinks and Jamey Johnson type acts and fewer homo erotic K-pop bands and Bad Bunny wannabes.

And we all get spared Lizzo's fat naked body! This is great for everyone.

I really do feel bad for the volunteers etc. But maybe we can go back to having badass country and classic rock acts and one day for the Tejanos.
For someone who hates to be "that guy", you sure are "that guy" pretty often. I hope you're not the insufferable, narrowminded, bigoted ******* in person that you are online. You must be pretty miserable.

Be careful when taking that hook out of your mouth.
cap-n-jack
Sly is just twirling his Nigerian lollipop. This city and county are absolutely leaderless.
Liquid Wrench
Makes me sad to think of all the unused drink tickets.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Soooo looks like the shot block in the Devil River tent at cookoff was a bad idea
Liquid Wrench
Grown up version of apple bobbing. No thanks.
CFTXAG10
AG
Email from AXS - the Rodeo ticket provider

if you purchased tickets direct it will take 7-10 business days for a refund to the original form of payment

if you purchased through AXS resale marketplace or through Flashseats it is 21-31 days for a refund
jetch17
AG
Took the kids out this morning when it opened - shoulda known something was up when admission was free - was whack to watch it all unfold in real time though
Ducks4brkfast
AG
jetch17 said:

Took the kids out this morning when it opened - shoulda known something was up when admission was free - was whack to watch it all unfold in real time though
Sat in Crowley's office across the desk from him as we were on the phone with Mayor Turner telling us he was pulling the plug on the rodeo. As soon as Joe hung up the phone all I could do was stand up and walk to the window and look out over the carnival at all the folks down there. Was very surreal.
Bondag
AG
jetch17 said:

yea, my nephew called the mayor a meanie because he was next in line for whatever ride when they shut it down.
jetch17
AG
Was getting my boots shined when all those folks started hearing about it - sad to watch folks like that get down knowing their shine $$$ & rodeo business was fixing to dry up
Chewy
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

jetch17 said:

Sat in Crowley's office across the desk from him as we were on the phone with Mayor Turner telling us he was pulling the plug on the rodeo. As soon as Joe hung up the phone all I could do was stand up and walk to the window and look out over the carnival at all the folks down there. Was very surreal.

If Crowley didn't give him a good dog cussing before hanging up the phone I'll be as disappointed in him as I am of Turner for this idiotic decision.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Chewy said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

jetch17 said:

If Crowley didn't give him a good dog cussing before hanging up the phone I'll be as disappointed in him as I am of Turner for this idiotic decision.
I actually made that all up so we can just pretend he did
Cromagnum
AG
Hopefully this riles up the masses enough to throw people like Turner out on their ass next time they have a chance to vote them out.
Diggity
AG
you really painted a picture.

Last thing we need is a caravan of angry carnies leaving town. They'll be missing kids left and right.
Liquid Wrench
I'd like to hear some of the old redneck ladies from my committee cussing him out. The ones who never talk to anyone unless they have something to ***** about and try to sound like their welder daddies from Pasadena. "That sum***** don't wanna talk to me, he knows me! I know why he ain't answering his phone. He's knows what Imma tell him."
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Diggity said:

you really painted a picture.

Last thing we need is a caravan of angry carnies leaving town. They'll be missing kids left and right.
ty

and do you still office on washington?
Diggity
AG
No sir. It's been about 8 years. I think our spot is now a juice bar.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Diggity said:

No sir. It's been about 8 years. I think our spot is now a juice bar.

Oh wow ok. I remember everytime I'd walk by pressing my face up to the glass and looking for you. I'd watch you for a couple seconds before heading into Max's or getting into the car.
Diggity
AG
I always felt something but thought I was being paranoid.
aTm2004
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Soooo looks like the shot block in the Devil River tent at cookoff was a bad idea
yeah you're probably gonna die. I would suggest that you panic- binge spend/drink/gamble/abuse drugs/engage hookers before the end comes.
Al Bula
AG
Yes it is dumb to succumb to the fear of getting sued by libtards but the response by Lifetime Alternate Vice Captains Donnie and Sheila on the Molehill Committee are taking it too far as well.

aTm2004
AG
But they're right.
BowSowy
AG
That other guy is right, you really are a drama queen
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
Also Joel's office don't look out over anything.
But on another note, if they kept operating without the permits that the libtards pulled, would they forcibly shut them down, arrest Joel and crew?
aTm2004
AG
This was 100% politics by Turner. There's no denying that. If that makes me a drama queen, so be it.
AGHouston11
AG
Turner is terrible. What's the big surprise!
Ag_07
AG
I'm having trouble connecting the dots but how does cancelling HLSR benefit Turner politically?
BowSowy
AG
You're agreeing that Turner killed Rodeo. You're absolutely a drama queen
aTm2004
AG
BowSowy said:

You're agreeing that Turner killed Rodeo. You're absolutely a drama queen

But he did. The CoH is the reason it was cancelled, and last I checked, Turner was mayor.
aTm2004
AG
Probably federal funds available if a state of emergency is announced.
gougler08
AG
Nm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.