Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR 2k20

64,680 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGHouston11
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would love to know the Chance the rapper timeline and who else was booked or being talked to before him. Pretty clear he wouldn't have come had he just done his tour at Toyota Center a few weeks back.
Ag_07
AG
I saw his tour was cancelled due to low ticket sales.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Did you see that a couple posts up when I said that?
Ag_07
AG
Haha! Probably.

Knew I read that somewhere recently.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Lizzo, Chance the rapper and Marshmello

Don't hold me to this, but I could see a Htown rapper joining Chance

Sticking with this?
yessir
Was it true Lizzo was booked in July?
Contracts are negotiated a year plus in advance. Not sure when she signed the deal, that is a paid staff deal.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Would love to know the Chance the rapper timeline and who else was booked or being talked to before him. Pretty clear he wouldn't have come had he just done his tour at Toyota Center a few weeks back.
He was signed before December, not sure on exact date either. I am intrigued to see what kind of attendance he gets since it is a Friday and being in Texas with a more faith based audience might help.
Aggie09Derek
AG
He will do okay attendance wise since such a big built in rodeo crowd that goes no matter what and Friday night and just a night for that crowd to go.

Sales at Toyota were not great, they started doing BOGO offers to move tickets.

Just wonder the timeline because I highly doubt he would have done both shows in Houston - wonder if he was a late add after someone else backed out or couldn't come to terms.

Edit: tour was cancelled Dec 15th but I'm sure they knew good possibility a bit before that.
TXAG 05
AG
I thought he was pretty popular, he hosted SNL not that long ago. Didn't know about the tour being cancelled.
Aggie09Derek
AG
He is popular for sure. Just his last tour wasn't selling well at all. Not sure if that has to do with his last album, price points, or what..
cajunaggie08
AG
I'm too old to know what level of popularity certain artists are at, but I've noticed theres a certain group of musicians that are what I consider to be "music festival popular." They are mainstream enough to headline a music festival and appear in tv commercials and shows as well as critically acclaimed enough to win the music awards. However, if they were to do a nationwide tour, they would struggle to fill up the lower bowl of most arenas outside of LA, NY, and maybe the artists hometown. It seems to be more common now in the current state of the music business. People will be excited and pay over $250 to go to a 3-day music fest to see this tier of artist, but not drop $120 to see them at a place like Toyota Center. This tier of artists works great for the rodeo because despite not being able to sell out multiple arenas for a nationwide tour, their level of fame is just right for the rodeo ticket price.
Aggie09Derek
AG
pretty much

also benefit from 75% of the tickets already sold at some point and the draw of rodeo/fair grounds/rides etc and just something to do on a friday night.
David_Puddy
AG

Aggie09Derek said:

He was signed before December, not sure on exact date either. I am intrigued to see what kind of attendance he gets since it is a Friday and being in Texas with a more faith based audience might help.

If one more small crowd tries to stop me, there's gon be some dread head Canucks in the lobby......HUH HUH
David_Puddy
AG
They need to bring Travis Scott.....auto sell out. Likely faster sell out than George Strait
Texan_Aggie
AG
HPD does not have enough officers.
Al Bula
AG
I enjoy finding EDM that sounds good. What Marshmellow songs should I be listening to?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Shife said:

I enjoy finding EDM that sounds good. What Marshmellow songs should I be listening to?

Alone is the main one he is known for. Start there and work the YouTube videos from there.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Is anyone selling discount tickets (carnival) this year? Looking to buy and would support an Aggie.

~egon
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

Is anyone selling discount tickets (carnival) this year? Looking to buy and would support an Aggie.

~egon
I can, but if someone else needs the sales I will defer to them.
Dr. Doctor
AG
What's the link, since no one else seems to want to step up...
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
How big is the paid HLSR staff? Can't be more than like 10-15 people, right?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
https://www.rodeohouston.com/About-Us/Our-Team/Staff
Diggity
AG
This is who I buy from. Kids are all Aggies.

https://secure.rodeohouston.com/CarnivalTickets/?SalesCode=1074200
TXAG 05
AG
blindey said:

How big is the paid HLSR staff? Can't be more than like 10-15 people, right?

It's a lot more than that.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

I'm getting a list of rookies that need help with sales. It will likely be Saturday before I get the info, the person sending it to me is part of Trailblazers today and is out of pocket today. I'll keep you posted.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Yesterday was a good day
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

NEW THIS YEAR!: Half-Price Carnival Packs are Going Digital!
It's the same great half-price carnival packs (including ride/game tickets and coupons) without the paper! Rodeo carnival guests will need a smartphone to access their ride/game tickets and coupons by downloading the free RODEOHOUSTON App and the Rodeo Carnival App.

TO ORDER NOW ONLINE- Click the link below:
https://Secure.RodeoHouston.com/CarnivalTickets/?SalesCode=909363

Salesman is Michael Tisdel

HALF PRICE CARNIVAL PACKS: Save money!!
This is the best deal in town!! Our volunteers sell HALF PRICE carnival packs that include tickets for games, rides and additional refreshment coupons. These half-price packs bring a huge savings to our customers. Once the Show begins, these half price packs are no longer available to the public. Buy NOW!!

CARNIVAL FOOD CARD: Save $10!
Enjoy $30 of midway refreshments for only $20!! The Carnival Food Card is valid only at RCS Midway food and beverage stands and is not valid at food and beverage stands operated by
ARAMARK or Show commercial exhibitors.

NRG PARK ADMISSION TICKETS: Don't waste time in line!!
If you do not have a Rodeo ticket, you will be required to purchase a NRG Park admission ticket to enter the Show grounds. Avoid the lines and pre-purchase now!

SEASON PASSES:
The $35 Season Pass gains you entrance to the Show grounds (not valid for entrance to the concert) as many times as you would like to attend. This includes the World's Championship BBQ Contest weekend. A real cost savings if you are planning on attend multiple times!

WCBBQC ADMISSION TICKETS:
We offer Adult and Child admission tickets to the World Championship BBQ Contest. Avoid the lines and pre-purchase now!

DONATIONS: A Gift from the heart!
It costs approximately $15 to send a deserving child to the Livestock Show & Carnival. A visit to the Show is an exciting day for kids who would normally not have the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful experience. We have a long list of charities that we serve so every dollar helps! YOU can donate as little as a dollar!!
The Wonderer
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The Wonderer said:

That is funny AF
The Wonderer
AG
Al Bula
AG
The Wonderer said:

damn, this is spot on. Tempted to reach out to a click farm in Bangladesh to have new accounts created so this can be starred more.
Jack Klompus
AG
Does anyone know anything about the Lil Rustlers Rodeo? My kid who is autistic was invited to participate in it with the place he does horse therapy. Just want to know what to expect and how it all works.
TXAG 05
AG
Jack Klompus said:

Does anyone know anything about the Lil Rustlers Rodeo? My kid who is autistic was invited to participate in it with the place he does horse therapy. Just want to know what to expect and how it all works.

Yes, I'm on Special Childrens Committee that puts it on.

It's a great event where you kid will be paired with a "cowboy" who is a rodeo VIP, sometimes we are able to get Texas Rangers to come as well. After that, there is a little Grand Entry for all the participants and after that we have a bunch of stations for events, from petting animals, roping, cornhole, fake bulls and broncos for riding, as well as real horses to ride(which is usually the most popular). It's up to your kid which "events" they do and what order. It's in the arena in the back of the center and the crowd always gets into it. I recommend anyone that is around those days to come watch. I'll be working it on the 16th but will probably be around the other two days as well.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
TXAG 05
AG

Here is a video showing Lil Rustlers
Jack Klompus
AG
See you there. That is the day we are going.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.