Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR 2k20

64,652 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGHouston11
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gig’em Aggies!
CFTXAG10
AG
smango05 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Kind of strange that the Chron is the only one reporting this when it would be a HUGE deal

Channel 2 is reporting this
Yea I see more outlets jumping on board now.

T&P to everyone having to work with buyers and seller on ticket refunds
jh0400
AG
drumboy said:

****, wonder what'll happen w/ my Kane Brown tickets I bought via Flash Seats.

Also, teenage daughter is gonna be pissed

My wife bought Chris Stapleton tickets on Stubhub last night. She's going to be pissed.
dshedd41
S
Press conference at noon
Gig’em Aggies!
pasquale
AG
We are on Spring Break in New Mexico. What is going on in Harris County? I feel like we will be coming back to the Apocalypse
Ag_07
AG
Sucks for all the kids.

Lots of contestants see HLSR as their Super Bowl. Can't imagine some of the seniors who were going for scholarships this year.
suburban cowboy
AG
Yeah that really sucks
AustinCountyAg
I just don't see the need for shutting down.
TexAgs1992
This is utter lunacy. And this is coming from someone who is not attending mass gatherings by choice due to a mother with a compromised immune system. Let attendees make the choice of what they should and should not attend. The health department should not be having a say in something that is not the black plague.
Dr. Horrible
14 cases in the Houston area out of what, 3 million people? Stupid decision.
JobSecurity
AG
Anybody with a connection know when the cancellation begins?
cajunaggie08
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

You dont see why an event where tens of thousands of people interact and are in close quarters as a contagious virus with a estimated fatality rate of 5% is starting to spread in the local community needs to be shut down? You must have a lot of faith in that people will do the right thing and stay home if they think they have been exposed.
AustinCountyAg
What's funny is schools are closing, rodeo closing, and it's spring break. Kids and parents are still going to get out and do ***** Good luck trying to contain family's inside houses with spring break going on.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
cajunaggie said:

estimated fatality rate of 5%
uhhhhhhhhhhh
AustinCountyAg
cajunaggie08 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

You dont see why an event where tens of thousands of people interact and are in close quarters as a contagious virus with a estimated fatality rate of 5% is starting to spread in the local community needs to be shut down? You must have a lot of faith in that people will do the right thing and stay home if they think they have been exposed.

What's the difference between going to the rodeo and going to a mall, HEB, etc? You can't shut down the whole damn world.

Seems like drunk drivers and murders on the daily kill more people. Better throw away all the alcohol and stop driving as well because of car wreck fatalities.
cajunaggie08
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Considering it was zero 2 weeks ago, do we just wait for the number to spike up to 300 or 3000 before we go "why didn't they do more to stop the spread."
AustinCountyAg
If airports aren't shutting down, the rodeo doesn't need to shut down
David_Puddy
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Considering it was zero 2 weeks ago, do we just wait for the number to spike up to 300 or 3000 before we go "why didn't they do more to stop the spread."

Nice to identify those who have bought into the liberal media fear mongering.
JobSecurity
AG
Nobody is forced to go to these things. So confusing
Boo Weekley
I hate to be "that guy", but I am kind of glad this is happening. Selfishly, I hope it knocks HLSR down a peg or two. As someone who would like to see more Cody Jinks and Jamey Johnson type acts and fewer homo erotic K-pop bands and Bad Bunny wannabes.

And we all get spared Lizzo's fat naked body! This is great for everyone.

I really do feel bad for the volunteers etc. But maybe we can go back to having badass country and classic rock acts and one day for the Tejanos.
cajunaggie08
AG
David_Puddy said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Scary to see just how many people would rather stick their head in the sand and down play it until it is their life directly impacted.

Now who wants a good deal on toilet paper and hand sanitizer?
Al Bula
AG
Sucks but I guess it's time for CYA mode.

There are no doubt many demotards out there who would love to sue an org like HLSR for failing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Thanks, libtards. This is why we can't have nice things.
TXAG14
What a stupid, selfish take.
mrsbeer05
AG
It's not about the performers. It's about the kids who have worked their asses off all year raising their animals.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Channel 2 just told everyone that the Gate Keepers are letting everyone in for free today.

Prepare for an onslaught
Anti-taxxer
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

It's not about the performers. It's about the kids who have worked their asses off all year raising their animals.
TXAG 05
AG
Boo Weekley said:

I hate to be "that guy", but I am kind of glad this is happening. Selfishly, I hope it knocks HLSR down a peg or two. As someone who would like to see more Cody Jinks and Jamey Johnson type acts and fewer homo erotic K-pop bands and Bad Bunny wannabes.

And we all get spares Lizzo's fat naked body! This is great for everyone.

The reason why they don't bring those guys in is because they don't sell tickets. Remember when they had Aaron Watson opening night? Nobody came.
Bubba smollett
Cstrickland05 said:

Boo Weekley said:

The reason why they don't bring those guys in is because they don't sell tickets. Remember when they had Aaron Watson opening night? Nobody came.
Thats sad for our society that people actually like Lizo and her songs.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
David_Puddy
AG
Boo Weekley said:

I don't think this is going to impact any of the performance acts. This isn't great for anyone, especially the kids who are dependent on $ and scholarships which will be lost.
David_Puddy
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

David_Puddy said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Scary to see just how many people would rather stick their head in the sand and down play it until it is their life directly impacted.

Now who wants a good deal on toilet paper and hand sanitizer?

14 cases in a city with a population of almost 4 million means I have my head in the sand? Ok buddy
Ag_07
AG
TXAG14 said:

What a stupid, selfish take.

Look who posted it
BBRex
AG
I wonder if some of the performers might be wanting to back out?
cypress-ag
AG
City of Houston in response to Austin - Hold My Beer.
elfurioso92
AG
I would hope that they would still have the livestock show, just not the rodeo and carnival.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.