Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR 2k20

64,674 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGHouston11
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yesterday seemed like a light crowd. The concert was the best I have seen on Tejano day. I think we will see attendances rise, the WG was a **** show saturday for sure. Couldnt get in the entrance at all.
TXAG 05
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Saturday was slightly down from last year, Sunday was slightly up.

But not for Tejano Day, which is normally the 2nd Sunday
schmellba99
AG
Went yesterday to see my daughter's artwork on display, only to discover that it wasn't on display and pretty much nobody had a clue how that small slice of the pie at the rodeo worked.

Also re-discovered that without "credentials", you can't go to about 99% of the grounds it seems. Such is the way of being a casual rodeo fan, it is what it is.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

without "credentials", you can't go to about 99% of the grounds it seems.
What?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
schmellba99 said:

Went yesterday to see my daughter's artwork on display, only to discover that it wasn't on display and pretty much nobody had a clue how that small slice of the pie at the rodeo worked.

Also re-discovered that without "credentials", you can't go to about 99% of the grounds it seems. Such is the way of being a casual rodeo fan, it is what it is.
Where can you not go?
YellAg2004
AG
About the only places you can't go with just a grounds access ticket are NRG stadium and the various Corral Clubs.
schmellba99
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

schmellba99 said:

Where can you not go?
Pretty much everywhere not the carnival it seems.

I had one dude tell me that I needed to turn around and walk clear the hell around the entire carnival area just to get to where I was heading (on my way out at that, so it wasn't like I was trying to sneak in some place that requires extra payment or anything) instead of walking the 100 or so feet to get out of the gate.
TXAG 05
AG
The artwork is usually on display on the first floor of the Center, which everybody can go to.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
schmellba99 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

schmellba99 said:

Where can you not go?

I had one dude tell me that I needed to turn around and walk clear the hell around the entire carnival area just to get to where I was heading (on my way out at that, so it wasn't like I was trying to sneak in some place that requires extra payment or anything) instead of walking the 100 or so feet to get out of the gate.
Sounds like either you didnt understand the dude, he didnt know what he was talking about or yall both were confused.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

schmellba99 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

schmellba99 said:

Where can you not go?

Sounds like either you didnt understand the dude, he didnt know what he was talking about or yall both were confused.
Agree - none of this makes sense.

And school art is on both levels of the Center. I walked past it about a 100 times this weekend.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Went to see Midland last week. Overall, not bad for an opening night. I remember Aaron Watson opening a few years back and, yikes, there wasn't anybody there. I will be beating a dead horse here, but gosh that sound system sucks. Couldn't understand a word they were singing as the echo and guitars covered up most of their lyrics. Every year I hope it'll get better, but it may just be one of those things that will never happen. Good thing the suite had free booze and ice cream, fun night overall.
AustinCountyAg
It's not the sound system that sucks. It's the acoustics of the building and add in the fact your projecting sound in a 360 degree environment that's what u get
Bassmaster
AG
The sound has always sucked at the rodeo.
H-town ag
AG
I think the sound depends on where you sit. I think it is best on the 300s and below (the lower levels). This year I have sat in both (lower and higher levels) and it definitely suffers in the upper levels. I think it also suffers for the lower attendance crowds also ... if the upper level (600s) is only 10-20% full, I think the acoustics suffer with the empty seats.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
H-town ag said:

I think the sound depends on where you sit. I think it is best on the 300s and below (the lower levels). This year I have sat in both (lower and higher levels) and it definitely suffers in the upper levels. I think it also suffers for the lower attendance crowds also ... if the upper level (600s) is only 10-20% full, I think the acoustics suffer with the empty seats.
100% agree with this.
Liquid Wrench
It's kind of amazing how some people ***** about the same **** every year. Some people just like to *****.
Al Bula
AG
What in the actual f ck? Can the dome please fall on these cretins?

https://www.facebook.com/125775334463/posts/10158093386999464/
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
NCT127 has this place rocking. Loud AF.
Liquid Wrench
Crowded?
Dr. Horrible
Surprised to see that. We couldn't sell our tickets for face value.
The Kraken
AG
Maybe half full but an enthusiastic audience.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I can't describe this other than the 25k is louder than the 70k for every other show. It's a sight to behold
TXAG 05
AG
It was pretty crazy when the lights went out. Less than half full but they were screaming loud and banging their light sticks. Looked pretty cool
chimpanzee
I'm recognizing fewer performers lately, and that's a consistent trend, but even I'm surprised that they brought in some Korean animatronics.
The Kraken
AG
Wife got tickets. I came along just to see the actual rodeo and wasn't looking forward to a bunch of Korean guys lip syncing while doing dance routines. Not really my taste in music but I can honestly say had more fun than listening to dewsh bro country
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Teddy Perkins
AG
Ag_07
AG
Shife said:

What in the actual f ck? Can the dome please fall on these cretins?

https://www.facebook.com/125775334463/posts/10158093386999464/

Why?

Same shlt happens when Boot Scootin Boogey or Copperhead Road comes on anywhere.
CFTXAG10
AG
Kind of strange that the Chron is the only one reporting this when it would be a HUGE deal
dragmagpuff
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Kind of strange that the Chron is the only one reporting this when it would be a HUGE deal
We will find out if they are right at noon.
TXAG14
Just confirmed with a board member. It is shutting down.
TXAG 05
AG
So stupid if true
Anti-taxxer
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Channel 2 is reporting this
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
dragmagpuff said:

CFTXAG10 said:

We will find out if they are right at noon.
our lovely mayor forcing the hand...
drumboy
AG
****, wonder what'll happen w/ my Kane Brown tickets I bought via Flash Seats.

Also, teenage daughter is gonna be pissed
Ducks4brkfast
AG
whoa

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.