Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR 2k20

64,260 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AGHouston11
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

I'm having trouble connecting the dots but how does cancelling HLSR benefit Turner politically?

It doesn't and it doesn't need to. He is term limited. Contempt for county and out of county unaffiliated people.
Chewy
AG
I have to imagine if Tony Buzbee had won the mayoral election he'd be on the RodeoHouston Ferris Wheel eating a corn dog shooting a finger at COVID19.

#whatcouldhavebeen
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Chewy said:

I have to imagine if Tony Buzbee had won the mayoral election he'd be on the RodeoHouston Ferris Wheel eating a corn dog shooting a finger at COVID19.

#whatcouldhavebeen

Yes 100%
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Will you take down that link please?
ChemAg15
AG
If it doesn't benefit him politically, then it benefits him financially.
aTm2004
AG
ChemAg15 said:

Exactly. I'd imagine in order for CoH to get some of that $8.3 billion, they'd have to declare a state of emergency, which would be hard to do with a giant public event going on. City gets the money, Turner and Boobs Hildago distribute it to "approved" vendors, and a % gets channeled back to them.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
aTm2004 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Exactly. I'd imagine in order for CoH to get some of that $8.3 billion, they'd have to declare a state of emergency, which would be hard to do with a giant public event going on. City gets the money, Turner and Boobs Hildago distribute it to "approved" vendors, and a % gets channeled back to them.
https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/legal/Pages/phedeclaration.aspx
Dr. Horrible
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I think I got it. I didn't remember posting a link, but then found the quote. Let me know if you meant something else.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I think I got it. I didn't remember posting a link, but then found the quote. Let me know if you meant something else.
gracias
Caliber
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/health/2020/03/07/latest-follow-the-developments-of-the-coronavirus-cases-in-the-houston-area/

Quote:

Girl diagnosed with coronavirus in Houston attended rodeo on March 8
JSKolache
AG
Chewy said:

#whatcouldhavebeen
Has Tony filed a suit yet?? What's taking so long?????
aTm2004
AG
Brad06ag said:

https://www.click2houston.com/health/2020/03/07/latest-follow-the-developments-of-the-coronavirus-cases-in-the-houston-area/

Quote:

Let me help you out...

Quote:

Officials believe the girls' case is travel-related through direct contact with a known case in New York.
I'll say it again, as long as people can hop on a plane, train, subway, etc and are free to mingle about, closing big events won't do crap. Only a moron would believe she only went to the rodeo. She's probably been to numerous places.

[url=https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/15-25-year-old-female-becomes-houstons-3rd-covid-19-case/285-63465b2a-61ce-46d8-93a0-456b2c0f5502?Fb-Thursday?Fb-Thursday]KHOU...[/Lyle][/url]

Quote:

The girl recently traveled to the state of New York and is a resident of that state. Health officials are in the process of identifying who may have come in contact with her and may have been exposed to the virus.

"The case is travel-related through direct contact with a known case in New York state and there is no evidence of local community spread," the Houston Health Department stated Thursday.
Bondag
AG
aTm2004 said:

Brad06ag said:

Quote:

Let me help you out...

Quote:

Officials believe the girls' case is travel-related through direct contact with a known case in New York.
I'll say it again, as long as people can hop on a plane, train, subway, etc and are free to mingle about, closing big events won't do crap. Only a moron would believe she only went to the rodeo. She's probably been to numerous places.

[url=https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/15-25-year-old-female-becomes-houstons-3rd-covid-19-case/285-63465b2a-61ce-46d8-93a0-456b2c0f5502?Fb-Thursday?Fb-Thursday]KHOU...[/Lyle][/url]

Quote:

The girl recently traveled to the state of New York and is a resident of that state. Health officials are in the process of identifying who may have come in contact with her and may have been exposed to the virus.

"The case is travel-related through direct contact with a known case in New York state and there is no evidence of local community spread," the Houston Health Department stated Thursday.

cajunaggie08
AG
So are you saying since people can still travel and be exposed to large public spaces, we should let large events still continue on because we can't stop it?
aTm2004
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

So are you saying since people can still travel and be exposed to large public spaces, we should let large events still continue on because we can't stop it?
I'm saying that doing so really isn't changing anything as long as other large gathering areas are still OK. Approximately 60k people travel through IAH daily, and busier airports like LAX and ATL double that.
Dr. Horrible
Pretty much...
NCNJ1217
AG
I don't understand, or maybe I do, but...

if these people ALREADY WENT to the rodeo, how is closing the rodeo supposed to stop the virus?

I mean who gives a **** if some dude went to cookoff? It already happened. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Unless you are saying everyone who happened to be at the rodeo on those days are infected, and they all somehow are presumed to be gong BACK to the rodeo again.

Not trying go all politics board here, but if not for the news media, water and toilet paper would be available and I would be going to the rodeo tomorrow.
htxag09
AG
Trying to decide if you're trolling or really this dense.

Everyday the rodeo occurs, more and more people are in close contact. Someone going to the rodeo with corona virus a week ago doesn't mean it can't happen again. Also, it means that every vendor who came into contact with those people could have been exposed. And those vendors are serving more people every single day
NCNJ1217
AG
All the thoughts running through my head are political related in regard to this, so I will respectfully decline to respond due to wrong forum. Can pm me though if you want
jh0400
AG
The goal isn't to stop the spread. It's to slow it to avoid overwhelming the health care system.

Aggie09Derek
AG
jh0400 said:

The goal isn't to stop the spread. It's to slow it to avoid overwhelming the health care system.

TXAG 05
AG
Joel Cowley stepping down.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/entertainment/events/rodeohouston/houston-rodeo-ceo-ceo-and-president-joel-cowley-is-leaving/285-8c4eec8a-208d-40b9-a89a-0f427e588ea7
Diggity
AG
ahhhh....memories of people thinking we should have never shut down the rodeo.
RK
AG
....and the memories of when the goal was simply to not overwhelm the healthcare system.
Diggity
AG
simpler times
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Diggity said:

ahhhh....memories of people thinking we should have never shut down the rodeo.
trying to not get hooked.....

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

Ciboag96
Chris Boleman
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Chris Boleman

Chris is good people. Pretty crazy how fast he came up.

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

DustysLineup
AG
Interview w/ Cowley said Boleman was hired with succession in mind.
AGHouston11
AG
RK said:

....and the memories of when the goal was simply to not overwhelm the healthcare system.

What a sham!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.