Houston
Sponsored by

*** Official Houston Beer Thread ***

74,534 Views | 1687 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by wessimo
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Before Louisiana changed their laws the Abita tour was free and at the end you poured your own beers from the tap wall, as much as you wanted for an hour or so. Good times.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, I had always heard there was a TABC law against doing all you can drink deals, guess it must've been a myth.
drumboy
AG
Jock 07 said:

Diggity said:

I remember the old days of St. Arnold's. You would pay like 8 bucks for the tour, then get a few wooden tokens to "sample" the beer. It was all volunteer run so you could basically drink for hours on those tokens.

Guess those days are long gone.

Goin into the way back machine to the OG Dacoma location, so many good times there.

No AC killed my romantic date plans at the OG brewery but my beautiful now wife won a kegerator there.
spadilly
S
Shoot, those were the days. I remember having to make sure I took camping chairs to sit on at the original location. Then off to Speedys for some go karting afterwards.
jetch17
AG
For OG Petrol patrons of yesteryear - Rancor returns!

94chem
Even after Saint Arnold's moved from 290, the beer hall had an $18 lunch special which included all you can drink. At 160 lbs and 4 pints in, I vaguely remember walking back downtown to my hotel on Main Street and watching the CWS. Now that's a good Friday afternoon.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BBRex
AG
I went to a Buffalo Bayou Christmas in July event at the old location that was, I don't know, $20 a person? You got a glass and drank as much as you wanted for the event. My wife and went, and wound up sharing the table with a larger group. It was a great time.
wessimo
AG
jetch17 said:

For OG Petrol patrons of yesteryear - Rancor returns!

Man I miss Petrol.

Anybody know what is up with the concept that was supposed to replace it (Grease Monkey Cantina)? It was supposed to open three years ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.