Burger Mojo

47,613 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EliteElectric
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who all has been to Eccell's new Burger Mojo? Went today and thought it was awesome and priced extremely well. Very much like Shake Shack from what I could tell. Sign on the door said breakfast is coming soon. Check it out!
bushytailed
AG
There had been some talk about it on the Coming & Going thread. I went to the soft opening. Had the GOAT burger (goat cheese, fried onions, bacon) and whichever fries had the goat cheese, fried egg, and bacon on them. My friend had the same burger and whichever fries had a sauce and cheese in them. Everything was fantastic.

Costa says that the drive through and the breakfast menu are a couple weeks out.

Another friends husband had the PB & J burger and he couldn't say enough good things about it.

It's pretty close to my house. I'll be a regular.
Costa and Andreas
Thanks guys for your acknowledgment. We will keep working on mojo's evolution.

In addition to the regular breakfast menu I've already got a smoked salmon, hand cracked egg and goat cheese sandwich I'm thinking about as well as some other items.

We want to get production perfected on the core menu and then it's gonna be on!!

Thanks!!
redd38
AG
Is it full open now? Is it crazy busy, should I wait for the students to leave town?
AggiePhil
AG
redd38 said:

Is it full open now? Is it crazy busy, should I wait for the students to leave town?

No wait when we went today at 1140.
Costa and Andreas
It's open dine in 11am daily right now.

+Drive thru, 7am in about 10 days.

+24 hours in January
deh40
AG
We went at noon today. There was a long line but it moved fairly quick and the food came out fast. Thought the food was great and the price for burger, fries and drink combo is hard to beat. We will definitely go back.
Bucketrunner
Can't handle the goat cheese.
BCSLocal01
We went tonight! The group tried three different burgers, one chicken sandwich, and the mojo fries . It's safe to say I'm addicted to the mojo fries now! All of the food was tasty and we will definitely return.
Overall service was good, except for the cashier. We asked her questions about the items and she literally said "I don't know I don't work in the back" and then just stared at us. It surprised us, since the cashier is the face of the restaurant and she had no interest in answering any questions we had. Seemed rude. But that's just 1 employee.
The layout has a good feel, but we noticed the drink machine is right next to the kitchen door, and when the runners come out with the food and customers are trying to get their drinks, it becomes a very congested area very quickly.
Just a few observations we had.
Costa and Andreas
BCSLocal,

Thank you for your observations. I've circled your comments around to my team. I would tend to agree with you that at this early stage one area of improvement would be the level of menu training with the new FOH staff. We are going to be working on that daily as we go. Although they've all been introduced to the menu, menu knowledge will be a residual concern. In summation, many of the people you will encounter are still just trainees as we are literally on our second day of business going into today.

As far as traffic flow by the soda fountain, I think that any time we are busy it will go in and out of intensity as with any high traffic area. I witnessed it do that all day long; slow, busy, slow, busy. I''ve frankly experienced the same thing as a customer at many busy counter service places. Just part of the deal I suppose.

Again, and I can't say this enough, thank you all for the feedback. Many patrons that I engaged face to face gave me a lot of great feedback. Most was stellar, some was in need of correction, and some were things that were a function of the concept that we could examine as we evolve. ALL was valuable.

Enjoy your weekend and I hope I see you soon. Come unleash your "mojo"!

Costa
bobinator
AG
I still want to know how to get on the secret 'soft opening' list that everyone on here seems to be on.
new straw
I haven't been able to find a menu/menu picture online. Anyone see one?
bushytailed
AG
bobinator said:

I still want to know how to get on the secret 'soft opening' list that everyone on here seems to be on.
Of the 4 I've been to in the last couple years:

Burger Mojo - social media
Chicken Salad Chick - social media
Stella Southern Cafe - social media
Hopdoddy - I knew the beer guy
Costa and Andreas
burgermojo.com
cs69ag
AG
$8.00 for one 1/4 lb burger? add reg fries and medium drink $13.00 ?

are these prices correct??
nought
AG
cs69ag said:

Not sure if serious.

Did you go to the wrong website?

Cheapest burger is $3.75, with the combo including fries and drink being only $6.50. Want to make that a double? $5.95 or $8.75 for the combo.

Most expensive burger with combo including fries and a drink is $8.95.

My concern isn't that the place is too expensive -- I'm worried it is too cheap to be true!
halibut sinclair
He's looking at this website:

http://www.mojoburger.com/menu

Some place in San Jose, CA

You need to go here:

https://www.burgermojo.com/
bcstx06
nought said:

cs69ag said:

Not sure if serious.

Did you go to the wrong website?

Cheapest burger is $3.75, with the combo including fries and drink being only $6.50. Want to make that a double? $5.95 or $8.75 for the combo.

Most expensive burger with combo including fries and a drink is $8.95.

My concern isn't that the place is too expensive -- I'm worried it is too cheap to be true!

Yeah, great prices. Just like https://pterrys.com/

Finally I can say "I got it!" when it comes time to pay. Lol

Can't wait to try it!
taxpreparer
AG

Quote:

As far as traffic flow by the soda fountain, I think that any time we are busy it will go in and out of intensity as with any high traffic area. I witnessed it do that all day long; slow, busy, slow, busy. I''ve frankly experienced the same thing as a customer at many busy counter service places. Just part of the deal I suppose.
This is true of every restaurant with self-serve soft drinks.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
cs69ag
AG
thanks for the correct site! looks good
Tailgate88
AG
halibut sinclair said:

He's looking at this website:

http://www.mojoburger.com/menu

Some place in San Jose, CA

You need to go here:

https://www.burgermojo.com/
Let's just all take a moment to give thanks that we live in the great state of Texas.
new straw
Thanks! Can't wait to try it!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Nice to meet you tonight Costa! Drove in town for the volleyball games at Reed and experience was great. This concept is going to kill it.
EliteElectric
Daughter and I went tonight and I thought it was awesome. Reminded me of the SoCal hamburger joints I ate at as a kid. Great job boys.
Costa and Andreas
Derek,
I enjoyed meeting you guys, albeit briefly. I sincerely appreciate you trying us out and I hope you visit again when you're in town.

Elite,
You're daughter is a character and a precious little lady. Appreciate your business and the good you do for others and the community! Also it's nice to share stories of our common Greek heritage! Need to get a some pastrami in the house ASAP so we can do mustard, pickle and pastrami burgers Greek style!!
chloelee
Went last night - it was delish....Buns are awesome, meat had great flavor, vegetables were fresh.
Nice atmosphere!
Costa and Andreas
Wow thanks chloelee! Working on our consistency and speed so we can get that drive thru open at 10am daily in about a week!
Chrundle the Great
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Wow thanks chloelee! Working on our consistency and speed so we can get that drive thru open at 10am daily in about a week!

Don't want to create too big a thread derail, but will la bodega express make a return after things are less hectic for y'all?
Costa and Andreas
Hi and thanks,

I don't believe we will do Bodega Express again. We are full steam ahead on Mojo and then we have something big planned for Cafe Eccell, hopefully summer 2020.
tfunk02
AG
Deleted because I was misinformed.
Chrundle the Great
AG
That's ok, thanks for the response! Going to miss those nachos/breakfast tacos though.

We'll be sure to try burger mojo soon too
Fleen
Costa and Andreas said:

Need to get a some pastrami in the house ASAP so we can do mustard, pickle and pastrami burgers Greek style!!

Oh sweet baby Jesus, make this happen!

I know you mentioned some brisket introduction on the Coming & Going thread, wife and I were thinking that brisket (or another meat option) on the fries would be awesome...
Costa and Andreas
tfunk02,

We ABSOLUTELY have gluten free buns! One of our new staff must have misinformed you!

Hope to see you soon!

Fleen-

When we get that brisket we will definitely be able to add it to fries!
AggieBarstool
bushytailed said:

bobinator said:

Of the 4 I've been to in the last couple years:

Burger Mojo - social media
Chicken Salad Chick - social media
Stella Southern Cafe - social media
Hopdoddy - I knew the beer guy
I asked the same thing in the "Coming and Going" thread.

The answer, in hindsight, is kind of obvious. And I avoid social media like the plague, so it doesn't surprise me I miss most of these things.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Took fam in for early dinner today. Enjoyed it but have a bit of feedback:

There are some sloppy menu items and your napkins are terrible. Please consider upgrading those.

The boats are too small for a place with no plates. Kids burger fit, but had no place for a fry overflowing from its container when all 3 kids meals came out on a single tray.

The meat is dangerously close to burnt. I like my burger medium, but the wife, who likes hers medium well thought the patties were a little crisp too.

Love the concept. Food was good. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to getting one at Tower Point!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.