Burger Mojo

48,038 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EliteElectric
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you for your feedback!

Noted on the napkins. May have to go to roll towels. Many customers have commented on how juicy and messy the burgers can be.

Will look into other presentation items you mentioned.

Your "dangerously close to burnt" issue is definitely isolated. The kiss of death on a burger is overcooking to be sure. We intend for our burgers to come out juicy, and the vast majority have. If you get an overcooked product in the future, please mention to us and we will quickly prepare another to standard for you! There will be human error from time to time but we are committed to making it right!
JMac03
AG
Ate there last night with my daughter. I thought it was fantastic! A couple of things:

• The order line was nearly halfway around the restaurant, but it went fairly quick (I am thinking 10-15 minutes max). My food came out in 5 minutes or so.
  • My burger was very much on the pink side. While I do not mind this, for how pink it was, I think it may bother some folks.
  • My burger was excellent. I had the Mojo with cheese. It was extremely juicy, as when I pulled it out of the bag, liquid came pouring out onto my carseat. Now I should have been more careful, however these are very wet burgers, so I would not recommend eating it in your car. I love the bun. Meat very good as were the veggies.
  • The fries were great. I had the Queso ones.
  • My daughter loved hers too.

All in all, great prices and excellent food. I cannot wait until they open for breakfast as they had some non-egg items on there.
tfunk02
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

tfunk02,

We ABSOLUTELY have gluten free buns! One of our new staff must have misinformed you!

Hope to see you soon!

Fleen-

When we get that brisket we will definitely be able to add it to fries!

Maybe it was miscommunication... Well then, I'd recommend putting it on the menu or the website. I looked for it on both before asking and was expecting a "no" since I didn't see it.

One more question then... Are the fries fried in their own fryer or commingled with the other fried foods that are fried?
dallasiteinsa02
We went last night and thought it was very good for the price.

One recommendation would be to have some sort of labeling on the burgers. We had 6 of us and we had to guess what each burger was since the girl bringing it out didn't know anything. We asked and she dropped the tray on the table and said I don't know.
Costa and Andreas
Thanks!!

Noted on labeling. Did you dine in or take to go? On dine in they served exposed so I'm trying to get your experience details.....
dallasiteinsa02
It was dine in. They are exposed but when you have a few burgers that are similar with a few changes you have to take them apart to tell.
Costa and Andreas
The fries are in their own fryer, yes.
Costa and Andreas
That will be a matter of staff training then..Thanks!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Went for lunch today, and thought it was excellent.

I got the Lovestack Cheeseburger, and would definitely recommend it
JMac03
AG
JMac03 said:

Ate there last night with my daughter. I thought it was fantastic! A couple of things:

• The order line was nearly halfway around the restaurant, but it went fairly quick (I am thinking 10-15 minutes max). My food came out in 5 minutes or so.
  • My burger was very much on the pink side. While I do not mind this, for how pink it was, I think it may bother some folks.
  • My burger was excellent. I had the Mojo with cheese. It was extremely juicy, as when I pulled it out of the bag, liquid came pouring out onto my carseat. Now I should have been more careful, however these are very wet burgers, so I would not recommend eating it in your car. I love the bun. Meat very good as were the veggies.
  • The fries were great. I had the Queso ones.
  • My daughter loved hers too.

All in all, great prices and excellent food. I cannot wait until they open for breakfast as they had some non-egg items on there.
It was so good last night, I went again today for lunch with some coworkers. Today I got the Mojo burger with the avocado salsa instead of cheese. Burger was cooked through today and it wasn't near as messy. Line went quick and food was out in about 3-4 minutes tops. Everything was excellent. I am assuming it was Costas that went around to all of the tables to make sure everything was okay, and the staff were checking too. It was excellent!
jamesf
AG
We ate there yesterday after my wife ran the half marathon. It was a very good burger. My kids, who are notoriously hard to feed at a restaurant, were also very satisfied. All three ate all of their food, which hardly ever happens.

On that note, I think it would be good to have a kids menu. We were able to feed my kids affordably off the regular menu, but it would have been nice to have a kids menu to choose from. It doesn't have to be long, just burger, grilled cheese, and chicken tenders.
Costa and Andreas
Thank you kindly and yes that was me! Working towards drive thru next week. You'll probably see me wandering in the parking lot like a crazy man.
JMac03
AG
jamesf said:

We ate there yesterday after my wife ran the half marathon. It was a very good burger. My kids, who are notoriously hard to feed at a restaurant, were also very satisfied. All three ate all of their food, which hardly ever happens.

On that note, I think it would be good to have a kids menu. We were able to feed my kids affordably off the regular menu, but it would have been nice to have a kids menu to choose from. It doesn't have to be long, just burger, grilled cheese, and chicken tenders.
The kids menu is listed at the register on one of the several white pages they have on the counter facing the customer. I saw it last night and today at lunch. I think it had a burger, chicken strips, and maybe grilled cheese and PB&J? (Going off memory).
jamesf
AG
We must have missed it. It would be good to have it up on the wall with the rest of the menu.
Costa and Andreas
Thank you as well.

We actually do have a kids menu on the counter at the point of sale. The cashier should point it out to you if you ask.

We do our single plain and dry at a reduced rate, chicken tenders, toasted pb&j and grilled cheese!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Went there a couple of days ago and here's my thoughts:

-Very well priced. Don't change a thing on that.

-The burger was very well cooked. Don't change a thing on that. It was well done, but not overdone. Pink is great for steaks, not for burgers imho. The bun matches the meat perfectly btw.

-The fries were not 100% fresh that day, but you could tell that when they are fresh, they are probably damn good. They were still solid.

-I do like that the condiments are right there at each table

In short, do what you were doing and maybe just adjust the small stuff people here are mentioning. Do not mess with the pricing, burger, or fries . Those things are just right imho.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

-I do like that the condiments are right there at each table

Forgot to mention this, the condiments were awesome. Lots of great choices.

Stubs BBQ
Valentinas hot sauce
Their own fry seasoning
standard ketchup/mustard

I think I may be forgetting one too.
Costa and Andreas
Thank you guys. We really don't intend to change anything and will need to collect a good bank of data for at least a month before examining a product mix.

We did have a couple rounds of fries that just weren't perfect like the rest. We couldn't understand what went wrong but then discovered a rotation timing issue that happened with those rounds. For the record, we use a Washington Kennebec and fresh cut/fry them. So, they should always be good unless something is in the process fails from human error.

The one condiment missing from that list is the hot honey. The intent of its inclusion is for fried chicken and specifically for the upcoming Early Bird breakfast sandwich and Chicken/Waffle Foldie.
CN
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

-The fries were not 100% fresh that day, but you could tell that when they are fresh, they are probably damn good. They were still solid.
Maybe they were made from the potatoes stored in the boxes near the entrance that say something to the effect of best stored between 50-55 degrees? Me and my buddy got a good laugh looking at those boxes while we were waiting in line.

FWIW, we thought the burgers and fries were great.
birdman
Big group from work went for lunch today. It was terrific. I had the GOAT burger.
halibut sinclair
We went a couple days ago and thought it was fantastic. We will return.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Knew I missed one, pretty good choices all around.
BaitShack
AG
I had dinner there tonight. Everything was great. Will be back.
Costa and Andreas
Haha no it's definitely not that. They are all made from those potatoes and we go through them too fast for that to be an issue.

When we open the drive through and go 24 hrs it really won't be an issue!! We will be moving through a lot of product very quickly I hope!!

And thank you all for the compliments. We will continue pressing for consistency and quality!
Counterpoint
AG
I wish I hadn't eaten here because now I'm addicted to those burgers!
Nitpicky things I'd change (if you want feedback from someone who loves the restaurant):

1. Sparkling water option at the fountain
2. More options without bacon (without decreasing the current number of bacon items of course!)
3. More detail on the menu about which items do/do not include a hamburger.
4. Better signage for when people have to take the Texas/Cooner/Eisenhower route (and a front entrance!). Those back roads behind the restaurant were PACKED with cars and people walking around on one of the nights we went. I think there was a party in one of those houses or something.

Costa and Andreas
Counterpoint said:

I wish I hadn't eaten here because now I'm addicted to those burgers!
Nitpicky things I'd change (if you want feedback from someone who loves the restaurant):

1. Sparkling water option at the fountain
2. More options without bacon (without decreasing the current number of bacon items of course!)
3. More detail on the menu about which items do/do not include a hamburger.
4. Better signage for when people have to take the Texas/Cooner/Eisenhower route (and a front entrance!). Those back roads behind the restaurant were PACKED with cars and people walking around on one of the nights we went. I think there was a party in one of those houses or something.

Thanks so much. Let's do this.

1. Noted, I will inquire about that. Also, would like to see what's not popular before making a change. There's no more room at the fountain, so we'd have to lose something.

2. When we start the WBF "weekly burger feature" you will see more variety. We are being extremely cautious not to overload production as we want the drive thru to function at the most efficient clip as possible.

3. This one I will need clarification on as the menu is in sections i.e. "burger rebellion", "all natural chicken", "craft fry".

4. I suppose we could investigate a ground mounted sign at our entrance from Eisenhower. I know the city disallows yard signs/real estate style signs. Conversely, I'm pretty sure people are quickly getting the process down. As for a front entrance, this was a no go from day 1 as TXDot and the COCS would not allow it.

Thanks!
AggieBarstool
Costa and Andreas said:

Chicken/Waffle Foldie.
I haven't been there yet, but I'm so freakin' stoked to try this place, esp. the aforementioned "foldie."

My wife and I are planning a visit around 4:30 on Sunday. I know it's graduation; any expected/unexpected throughput issues we should be worried about? We're catching a movie at The Queen right after, so we want to avoid any unexpected hangups.
Costa and Andreas
AggieBarstool said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Chicken/Waffle Foldie.
I haven't been there yet, but I'm so freakin' stoked to try this place, esp. the aforementioned "foldie."

My wife and I are planning a visit around 4:30 on Sunday. I know it's graduation; any expected/unexpected throughput issues we should be worried about? We're catching a movie at The Queen right after, so we want to avoid any unexpected hangups.
Howdy!

Great to hear you're stoked! Just an FYI that the foldie (breakfast) isn't until January so don't get mad at me.

Graduation will be long done by that time as it ends on Saturday and the kids don't waste any time getting the heck outta here so you should be fine. Our food tends to come out pretty fast as well. Unless we have an afternoon rush with soccer players or something it should be all good!
stonebase
Wife and I visited for lunch today. Had the Mojo Burger and fries, juiciest burger I've had in a long time, everything was great!

Costa-it was nice meeting you, thanks for your hospitality, you're going to kill it there!
Costa and Andreas
Stone-

Man you've made me so happy saying that. I really appreciate it. We have put a lot into this venture over almost 2.5 years and feel so fortunate for the opportunity.

We just can't wait to get our chef on in the spring after we've worked out production etc....
src94
AG
I too, braved the cold, rainy day to try out the Burger with the Mojo. Very juicy, very tasty, very fresh. From the door of my truck, waiting in line and ordering, and back out to my truck after having consumed the deliciousness was a whopping 23 minutes. I will be back, and I will be bringing friends. Nice job Costa and nice meeting you. It'll really be nice when the drive-through is open.
src94
Costa and Andreas
Man thanks so much! Nice meeting you as well! I have met so many great people in such a short period of time, it's been fun.

We are doing an internal test of the drive thru system tomorrow (not open in drive thru!). Wish us luck.

thanks!
Belton Ag
AG
Went today with the wife and had a great experience. Burgers were great, fries were incredible and the price was spot on.

Costa it was great meeting you today and you'll definitely see me in there again.
Costa and Andreas
Yes sir good deal!
Counterpoint
AG
Will Eccell Group gift cards work at Mojo?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.