Burger Mojo

48,105 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EliteElectric
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know that eventually they will. We are in the process of producing proprietary cards for mojo. I will have to get an answer from our point of sale people or my operations manager on this.
summergal
Our work group joined you yesterday. Everyone of us said what we ordered was on point! Thanks for stopping by the table for a quick chat. We will definitely be back.
bobinator
AG
Wife and I went last night and everything was great! We'll definitely be going back. Only issue we had is this place is already too popular because we couldn't find a parking spot! (kidding, that's obviously not an actual issue, glad to see this place is already hoppin'.)

I think what the person might be referring to with the burger is that on some of them it's not clear on if the described meat is a burger or is in addition to a burger. I think one of them says it has 'carved ham' and one has some kind of sausage on it. My wife and I were also unsure on if that means those meats replace the burger, or are they on top of the burger, or is it a burger with those meats incorporated... That might be what they're referring to.
Costa and Andreas
bobinator said:

Wife and I went last night and everything was great! We'll definitely be going back. Only issue we had is this place is already too popular because we couldn't find a parking spot! (kidding, that's obviously not an actual issue, glad to see this place is already hoppin'.)

I think what the person might be referring to with the burger is that on some of them it's not clear on if the described meat is a burger or is in addition to a burger. I think one of them says it has 'carved ham' and one has some kind of sausage on it. My wife and I were also unsure on if that means those meats replace the burger, or are they on top of the burger, or is it a burger with those meats incorporated... That might be what they're referring to.
Thanks so much!

noted on the menu but to explain the menu design.....

Just so you guys know we thought about this and its not just random....

we had a little bit of a debate during the design process and we found that listing "burger, patty, ground beef " over and over got a little redundant and cluttered so we removed it. We all agreed that since the burgers are all listed under the header "Burger Rebellion" along with the Certifed Angus Beef descriptor that it would suffice.

Clearly its not perfect but I suspect as customers come in more it should work out!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Maybe a note could be added under "Burger Rebellion" that states that they all come with a ground beef patty. Then when you have the double meat burger you could say that it doubles the beef or something like that

Edit: I was a little confused myself as to whether The Jimbo had the sausage in addition to the patty, or if it was jalapeno-cheese sausage instead of a patty
chickencoupe16
AG
My wife and I were in on Monday and loved it. We had a Lovestack Burger, a Snuff the Rooster, and the Mojo Fires. Everything was great. The burger had just a hint of pink inside which I thought was perfect. The Snuff the Rooster was the best chicken sandwich I've ever had and will probably become my go to order. The fries were great as well and I liked the selection of beer on tap.

I would suggest an over easy egg on the Lovestack, though. I didn't feel like the fried egg added anything to the burger other than filler. I also agree with the need for clarification on the burgers having a patty or not.
Counterpoint
AG
bobinator said:

That is exactly what I meant, and I'm glad it wasn't just us! But to reiterate, we absolutely love this restaurant and were just looking for little things that could make it even better.
dubi
AG
Counterpoint said:

Will Eccell Group gift cards work at Mojo?
I asked that and was told it is currently no.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Good news for Burger Mojo : Pretty soon this parking lots is going to be jam packed and accessibility is going to get hard.

Bad news for Burger Mojo: Pretty soon this parking lots is going to be jam packed and accessibility is going to get hard.

Costa and Andreas
Geralt of Rivia said:

Maybe a note could be added under "Burger Rebellion" that states that they all come with a ground beef patty. Then when you have the double meat burger you could say that it doubles the beef or something like that

Edit: I was a little confused myself as to whether The Jimbo had the sausage in addition to the patty, or if it was jalapeno-cheese sausage instead of a patty

Well there seems to be a pattern here so we might explore some language adjustment on the next menu iteration. I don't expect to update it until spring.

thanks for feedback!
Costa and Andreas
chickencoupe16 said:

My wife and I were in on Monday and loved it. We had a Lovestack Burger, a Snuff the Rooster, and the Mojo Fires. Everything was great. The burger had just a hint of pink inside which I thought was perfect. The Snuff the Rooster was the best chicken sandwich I've ever had and will probably become my go to order. The fries were great as well and I liked the selection of beer on tap.

I would suggest and over easy egg on the Lovestack, though. I didn't feel like the fried egg added anything to the burger. other than filler. I also agree with the need for clarification on the burgers having a patty or not.

Thanks so much! Internally there are many of us that have the various chicken sandwiches as favorites over the burgers!

As far as the egg, I tend to agree and that would be my preference personally as well. However, to feed and please the mass majority at a fast clip we elected to go with the fried egg.

thanks!
bobinator
AG
Yeah like I'm still not sure which it is. Like does the lovestack have ham instead of ground beef or does it have both?

Obviously you're the expert, but there are a couple of potentially pretty easy solutions.

Put 'burger' in the name of all of the ones that have ground beef. The lovestack and rebel yell (which is what I got and was amazing) already have it in the name, so just add that to the other ones (Mojo, GOAT, Bulls on Parade) to differentiate the ones that are beef burgers from the ones that are other.

Or, just a small other section called 'sandwiches' with those listed.
Costa and Andreas
In summation:

Everything under the "burger rebellion" heading are beef patty burgers + additional toppings.

When we did have "burger" in various names it was very cluttered, hence the path we chose.

Finally, we will definitely consider all of this on the next menu iteration.

Thanks!
Broncos
Hoping to get in this weekend to try this place. You guys are making me hungry just reading about it.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
This is easily the most positive new restaurant thread I've ever seen on TexAgs. It's borderline astonishing honestly. Well done Mojo team!
dubi
AG
chrisfield said:

This is easily the most positive new restaurant thread I've ever seen on TexAgs. It's borderline astonishing honestly. Well done Mojo team!
A Texags Christmas miracle!
Costa and Andreas
chrisfield said:

Wow Chris, thanks! And thanks for your business as well. Hope the BCS marathon this year mirrored the success from previous years. You guys have done so much for the community!
Jetty
AG
Question Costa?? Do your buns/burgers contain any lactose? I have a severe problem with lactose/dairy?

Can't wait to enjoy your newest restaurant.
Costa and Andreas
Jetty said:

Question Costa?? Do your buns/burgers contain any lactose? I have a severe problem with lactose/dairy?

Can't wait to enjoy your newest restaurant.

Firstly, thank you for your inquiry.

For me to do a thorough examination it would take some time as I would hate to give you an inaccurate answer. That said, thus far I do not see any lactose product in our bun. There are quite a few components to many of our burgers. Consequently I would play it safe when you order with what you know not to contain lactose typically.

I will examine all of the sauce recipes and various components over the next few days with my team. I'm pretty much our head busboy right now and we're open till 3am tonight and friday night. Hopefully next week after we get the drive thru running!

Thanks!
EliteElectric
That snuff the rooster is legit .
Costa and Andreas
EliteElectric said:

That snuff the rooster is legit .

Haha it was bound to be on the menu given our love for Alice in Chains and Jerry Cantrell!
new straw
Trying not to derail, but I watched the marathon and half this year from the finish line. The positivity from all of you really encourages me.
Jetty
AG
Thanks!! We'll be in soon!!
BCSWguru
might have to make a degradation trip to this burger joint
tfunk02
AG
Quote:

I will examine all of the sauce recipes and various components over the next few days with my team.
Going through this... you might want to just mark them on the menu. Thanks for your hard work!
Fleen
Andreas and Costa lost their father last week, this was shared by Andreas on FB but I will obviously delete this if they wish. I just thought that with the supporters here of their newest endeavor, some may wish to know and offer condolences on your next visit.

https://www.callawayjones.com/athanasios-tommy-dallis/?fbclid=IwAR2RkAGucUd_0LIGHywO5NtEUwGl5OOeBKXfQsoi1sWE6QjMEjoAzJz7Id0
Costa and Andreas
Thank you Fleen. It was tough opening the restaurant simultaneously with our Dad in ICU etc. With his passing on Thursday we've been semi absentee from work. Thankfully we have wonderful family, friends and staff. We've leaned on our staff and they've really risen to the occasion. However, they have been a little less staffed at times as a result. If anyone has received less than our best service during this time I apologize in advance. We will be back after tomorrow as our Dad would want us to be working and taking care of business.
Thank you again Fleen
chloelee
Raising a glass of Red Wine to Mr. Tommy!!!!
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Thank you Fleen. It was tough opening the restaurant simultaneously with our Dad in ICU etc. With his passing on Thursday we've been semi absentee from work. Thankfully we have wonderful family, friends and staff. We've leaned on our staff and they've really risen to the occasion. However, they have been a little less staffed at times as a result. If anyone has received less than our best service during this time I apologize in advance. We will be back after tomorrow as our Dad would want us to be working and taking care of business.
Thank you again Fleen

Went today for the first time and the food and service were fantastic. Sorry for your loss.
AggieBarstool
Went with the wife this evening (around 4pm).

I had the #3 burger combo (double cheeseburger, whatever it's called). I once thought Stover Brothers made the best burger I ever had; Burgo Mojo just exceeded that distinction by a lot.

Easily the list of top 3 I've ever had. We'll def. be back.
Costa and Andreas
Thank you guys for your feedback and business. We sincerely appreciate it. Thank you also for your condolences and toast!
IMnAg79
AG
That Rebel Yell is one messy but tasty burger..I suggest picking up lots of napkins on the way to your seat.

IWannaGoFast1
AG
Went twice over the weekend and was very pleased. I don't think it is the best burger in the area (Margies, Top of the Hill, Mr. Hamburger for me), but for the price it was fantastic. I'll definitely be back...A lot.
MB19
AG
IMnAg79 said:

That Rebel Yell is one messy but tasty burger..I suggest picking up lots of napkins on the way to your seat.

Truth. I went today, and it was great. I will be going back.
BCS12
Is the drive thru open yet? I'm so sorry for your loss.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.