Burger Mojo

48,152 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EliteElectric
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've got our eyes on the south side, but it will be a while. Still very early until we see some trends and data.
halibut sinclair
The old "we'd go more if it in was south CS" trope. There's a reason not everything is in south CS. The world doesn't revolve around south CS.
BCS12
aggiepaintrain said:

The PB&J Cheeseburger is an EXPERIENCE.

GET IT!
I was really wondering about this. It sounds interesting enough and I love peanut butter...I just don't know about it being on a burger.

Their sweet tea is perfect. Not overly sweet.
bcstx06
halibut sinclair said:

The old "we'd go more if it in was south CS" trope. There's a reason not everything is in south CS. The world doesn't revolve around south CS.

With that said, how about a West Bryan location. It's booming with new houses going up now (so is East Bryan and College Station as well). People need it eat over there too, and it's not a lot of competition at this time.
Costa and Andreas
Yes we've had some conversations about west Bryan. I suppose we will wait and see what beckons us.
bcstx06
Costa and Andreas said:

Yes we've had some conversations about west Bryan. I suppose we will wait and see what beckons us.

I look forward to it! I have been to Burger Mojo several times already. I love everything about it, even the local soda. I need to try some of the other burgers on the menu. I have already made the Mojo burger my favorite and I haven't tried the others yet.
Broncos
Double rebel yell was legit. Will definitely be back.
Thisguy1
Went last night and thought it was good. We tried once before but the parking lot was full so we left. Couple things my wife and I talked about:

-I agree about what others have said about not knowing what's on the burgers. My wife talked about The Jimbo (I think) and thought it was just sausage and I thought the sausage was just a topping on a burger. Sounds like it was a topping.

-I'll second another comment about the messiness+napkins=a mess. I got the Rebel Yell as just a single and it was hard to keep the patty between the buns. It tasted great, it was just a mess.

-Getting back to our house from there is a pain. We're on the other side of 6, so we have to go right and find a way to turn around to get back home. I'm sure there's a way through the neighborhood.

-I wasn't really a fan of the fry seasoning. Smelled like Tony's so I figured I'd like it but it just had a dry taste to it that didn't compliment the fry like other fry seasonings usually do.

We both agreed we wouldn't ever object to going there if a group wanted to go, but didn't know if we'd go out of our way to go back. Mainly because I'm a big convenience guy and the location and lack of parking are a bigger deal to me than others.
Costa and Andreas
Thisguy1 said:

Went last night and thought it was good. We tried once before but the parking lot was full so we left. Couple things my wife and I talked about:

-I agree about what others have said about not knowing what's on the burgers. My wife talked about The Jimbo (I think) and thought it was just sausage and I thought the sausage was just a topping on a burger. Sounds like it was a topping.

-I'll second another comment about the messiness+napkins=a mess. I got the Rebel Yell as just a single and it was hard to keep the patty between the buns. It tasted great, it was just a mess.

-Getting back to our house from there is a pain. We're on the other side of 6, so we have to go right and find a way to turn around to get back home. I'm sure there's a way through the neighborhood.

-I wasn't really a fan of the fry seasoning. Smelled like Tony's so I figured I'd like it but it just had a dry taste to it that didn't compliment the fry like other fry seasonings usually do.

We both agreed we wouldn't ever object to going there if a group wanted to go, but didn't know if we'd go out of our way to go back. Mainly because I'm a big convenience guy and the location and lack of parking are a bigger deal to me than others.

Hi and thank you so much for your comments!

Re: How the burger section of the menu reads-we are definitely considering the feedback for the next menu iteration. Conversely, we are discovering that the issue has been a very, very small percentage of patrons and upon second visit folks "know the deal". So, we will continue to monitor.

Re: Messy burger. The Rebel Yell Queso burger is actually our second "messiest" behind the PB Cool J. The nature of those burgers is to be pretty messy indeed. We've recently added an entire roll towel section at the end of our beverage counter for customers to use. Our friend Paul owns Fuego and he had to do the same thing way back as his tacos can be deliciously messy!

Re: Location. YES, there is a neighborhood way to go East on University. Just go back from Mojo, right on Cooner, right on Nimitz. It's basically the same way you would leave Aggieland Outfitters to go home. We knew going into this that the trade off for being located at the two main arterials for BCS would be a monumental density increase. With the addition of medians all over town and the density increasing in general, we're fine with that trade off! FYI Nimitz is getting a light soon so it will be even easier.

Re: Mojo Fry Dust. Not for everyone but, what can I say, people have gone crazy for it! We ourselves are surprised at the response. As I've said before, we know that not everyone will like everything we do, that's just business. We are pragmatic about that and try to keep our ears and eyes open.

Re: Convenience. Understand that as well. We did just open our very convenient drive thru about 2 weeks ago! This business model is built on having that option in addition to dine in as we had a very small lot to work with. We drew inspiration from some out of town concepts that were on small lots....

Thanks again!
Broncos
Thisguy1 said:

Please don't change this. The mess is just fine.
Costa and Andreas
Broncos said:

Thisguy1 said:

Please don't change this. The mess is just fine.
Haha thanks Broncos. We think the trade off is worth it as well. Thanks for your business.
Thisguy1
All good stuff. The burger was really good, I was just echoing what others have said about it being messy. It won't stop me from ordering the same thing next time.
jskin261
So is the hotel ok with you parking in the garage to eat at Mojo?
Costa and Andreas
We've not engaged them about that. Some of their patrons park in our lot on occasion.
JMac03
AG
jskin261 said:

So is the hotel ok with you parking in the garage to eat at Mojo?
I have twice. I park in the small section closest to the road, only about 8-10 spots. There are zero signs about to towing or parking, so I have done it so far.
AggiePhil
AG
I love the fry dust! Reminds me of the Greek seasoning at Zand's (can't think what it's called ATM).
ag009
AG
Another vote for West Bryan!! I think y'all would kill it.
BCSWguru
great burger, great fries, and doesnt break the bank. will be back for sure.
Turf96
Went about a week ago. Burgers were great and fries were good. Everything seemed to flow really well. People were friendly. Liked the prices as well. Location to get out was odd but didn't mind it. Overall very good place. Congrats.

My family said they may go back but would rather not due to the sodas. I somewhat agree as most of those sodas just don't taste great. Other businesses have had Boots as well and many friends and family didn't like them either. Had a group come into town say let's go to Krutz but get it to go so we can get soft drinks we like at home. May be cost and may be supporting something small business.

Wish you guys luck as I thought it was good but may end up going alone. My kids said burger was great but why did they have to ruin it with those drinks. Sorry. Not complaining or saying change just giving you honest feed back as many on here have done. May be best business/Texags thread I have seen. I admire your answers. Sure you get tired of responding. Best of luck to you and your family.
halibut sinclair
Sodas are bad for you. Water, tea, have a beer. All is well.

Krutz?
Costa and Andreas
Turf96 said:

Went about a week ago. Burgers were great and fries were good. Everything seemed to flow really well. People were friendly. Liked the prices as well. Location to get out was odd but didn't mind it. Overall very good place. Congrats.

My family said they may go back but would rather not due to the sodas. I somewhat agree as most of those sodas just don't taste great. Other businesses have had Boots as well and many friends and family didn't like them either. Had a group come into town say let's go to Krutz but get it to go so we can get soft drinks we like at home. May be cost and may be supporting something small business.

Wish you guys luck as I thought it was good but may end up going alone. My kids said burger was great but why did they have to ruin it with those drinks. Sorry. Not complaining or saying change just giving you honest feed back as many on here have done. May be best business/Texags thread I have seen. I admire your answers. Sure you get tired of responding. Best of luck to you and your family.

Thank you so much! Firstly, I really don't mind responding. I view the ability to engage clientele on a public forum as a blessing so long as its pragmatic, thoughtful, transparent and genuine in nature.

Regarding the soda I'm just going to circle back to the fact that the compliments for the soda selection have outweighed the negative literally at least 10 to 1. So, being pragmatic, we will just have to accept that not everyone will be happy with everything, all of the time. I definitely understand both camps. I have 5 kids myself and mine have not taken issue with the soda and my 9 year old chicken mega-critic only wants our chicken now as opposed to elsewhere, so I'll chalk that up in the "W" column haha. Conversely, if they don't like something, there's literally nothing like unfiltered child honesty!

In the end, we feel as long as we stick to our guns of delivering the very highest quality possible at the best possible value, we will have loyal clientele. From the quality of our ingredients to all of the complimentary condiments on the table that far exceed any competitor offering at our price point, we are on a mission of
starting a Fast Food Rebellion.
davido
AG
Boots is owned by Mark Kristen (Kristen Distributing), so they're supporting local business.

https://bootsbeverages.com/our-roots
Turf96
Figured it had to be local as this is one of several places to try it out. The old truck used to be cool just wish they had better sodas in my 10% opinion. Lol having fun with you a bit here.

Serious note do what works for you I agree. Just wanted you to have the honest family feedback. Best of luck as you move forward.

I know sodas are not great for you but a Sunday treat for the kids after church isn't all that bad in my eyes. Like I say I'll be back just not sure the kids will come which will make the crusty guys happy even though mine are not little any longer.
AgProgrammer
AG
Neither the wife nor I like the Boots beverages. We don't drink soda at home so we do typically get a soft drink when we go to "fast food" type places.

Lots of places have tried it and seem to eventually switch back to normal. Torchy's comes to mind. I know it's not a deal breaker for most so each to their own. We ordered water instead (healthier but two soda sales were missed there). As petty as it sounds, I know my wife will be less likely to throw out Mojo the next time we do the regular "so what do you want for lunch/dinner today?" simply because of the sodas. Just doesn't seem like people typically have an opinion that they wish a place had generic/knock off versions of the real stuff. Burgers was good though!
new straw
I feel the same. It's a treat for me when I get my Diet Coke. I really don't want the boots version.
BCSWguru
FWIW, I enjoy both regular Coke and Boots coke.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

We've got our eyes on the south side, but it will be a while. Still very early until we see some trends and data.
Hopefully those eyes are focused solely on the only available space with a drive through available in South CS that just so happens to be connected to our South CS store! Burgers are great btw, great job guys!
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
jeffk
AG
I like Boots.

Loved my Jimbo yesterday. Quick drive-thru service.
Nutmegger
AG
Have been twice now and loved both the Firebird Chicken and the GOAT. Love the location since it is near work and convenient drive-thru. Keep up the good work!
BlueMiles
AG
Soda is not great for you, but I'm one of those weirdos who think that soda made with sugar is better for you than soda made with high fructose corn syrup. So I'll drink the Boots...with an occasional burger and fries!
Costa and Andreas
thesleepstation said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Hopefully those eyes are focused solely on the only available space with a drive through available in South CS that just so happens to be connected to our South CS store! Burgers are great btw, great job guys!

Thanks Jarrad!

We would look at that space, yes. We have our eyes elsewhere but we're open minded of course and aren't near any decision.
Broncos
Hey Costa, when is the 24 hours going live?
JMac03
AG
Broncos said:

Hey Costa, when is the 24 hours going live?
From their FB Page:

Quote:

Mark your calendars now: Mojo 24 hour service AND OUR BREAKFAST MENU start on Monday, January 6th. Go big or go home in 2020, friends.
Costa and Andreas
Hi-

So, to be clear. We intend to open at 6am Monday Jan 6th, with breakfast to begin our 24 hour service.

The entire menu, including breakfast, will be served all of the time.
Costa and Andreas
Hi all-
Breakfast Update:
did our final tasting of the breakfast items just now and we are quite happy with the results. The items are fast to produce, good quality and very affordable. We are excited. The Mojo Risin is my personal favorite. It was great. Wheat muffin, hand cracked egg, pesto, provolone, carver ham. Between that and the the New Jacked Muffin I don't think I'm going to ever do a Mcmuffin again lol. BREAKFAST STARTS MONDAY!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.