Burger Mojo

48,143 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EliteElectric
dcrewint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big burger fan here. I had the Lovestack. I ordered the avocado salsa on the side (all to go). I should have known better (from personal history with other food places) to check before I left, but yeah, they forgot to place it in the bag. I'll also request for a little more of a runny yolk if I choose this burger again. I plan on eating there next time as it seems like the burger that doesn't sit well to go. I say that as a good thing because I think the buns were soggy due to the freshness of the veggies. I prefer fries that are thicker cut, but these might be my favorite skinny fries in town. The burger was good, but it's a little early for me to rank them already in comparison to other local burger places.

Price is pretty good. The line was a little longer than I had hoped, but once I placed my order the wait was quicker than I expected.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
I went today, and it is a very good burger. I don't eat wheat, but they have a gluten-free bun. It was an extra 2.50 which seems a little high. I am not sure if it is the same bun that Cafe Eccell uses. I don't think it is though. The fries are also great. I highly recommend this place.

Costa and Andreas
BCS12 said:

Is the drive thru open yet? I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thank you.

We are trying to do it late this week. We are having issue with the in ground detection loop picking up vehicles that are lifted. We are trying to get the sensitivity set correctly.
Costa and Andreas
dcrewint said:

Big burger fan here. I had the Lovestack. I ordered the avocado salsa on the side (all to go). I should have known better (from personal history with other food places) to check before I left, but yeah, they forgot to place it in the bag. I'll also request for a little more of a runny yolk if I choose this burger again. I plan on eating there next time as it seems like the burger that doesn't sit well to go. I say that as a good thing because I think the buns were soggy due to the freshness of the veggies. I prefer fries that are thicker cut, but these might be my favorite skinny fries in town. The burger was good, but it's a little early for me to rank them already in comparison to other local burger places.

Price is pretty good. The line was a little longer than I had hoped, but once I placed my order the wait was quicker than I expected.
Uggh sorry they forgot. I owe you one and I know its a pain and/or not realistic to come back for it. Our burgers are very juicy and some a little messy.

I like a thick fry too. For this application, we used 1/4 inch cut to facilitate quick cook speed for the drive through operation and speed in general.

thanks for your comments
Costa and Andreas
GrimesCoAg95 said:

I went today, and it is a very good burger. I don't eat wheat, but they have a gluten-free bun. It was an extra 2.50 which seems a little high. I am not sure if it is the same bun that Cafe Eccell uses. I don't think it is though. The fries are also great. I highly recommend this place.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't personally like what we have to charge for the gluten free either, but they are almost triple the price of the regular bun. We have no choice but to pass that cost on. I wish it were different. We have and continue to work very hard on delivering the very best quality/price ratio.

Thank you so much for the business!
Counterpoint
AG
Any plans to get on the delivery apps?

*Hopefully not, because I already eat at your restaurant enough!
Costa and Andreas
Counterpoint said:

Any plans to get on the delivery apps?

*Hopefully not, because I already eat at your restaurant enough!

Yes we are already on Favor
GrimesCoAg95
AG
We are coming back for sure regardless. Is it the same bun as Cafe Eccell?
TAMC11
AG
Tried to go today but the parking lot was full. I'll have to try again soon.
JMac03
AG
TAMC11 said:

Tried to go today but the parking lot was full. I'll have to try again soon.
Whether or not we are supposed to, I park in the garage behind it. The first entrance section off the street only has like 10 spots and nothing about not being able to park there.
Costa and Andreas
GrimesCoAg95 said:

We are coming back for sure regardless. Is it the same bun as Cafe Eccell?

There was actually a big debate with probably three blind taste tests and finally it came down to three things.
1) using a different bun so that the two restaurants would be unique from each other.
2) the martins roll has a lot more star power behind it than the brioche at eccell.
3) the martins roll maintained a slight edge in the tastings
Costa and Andreas
Costa and Andreas said:

BCS12 said:

Is the drive thru open yet? I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thank you.

We are trying to do it late this week. We are having issue with the in ground detection loop picking up vehicles that are lifted. We are trying to get the sensitivity set correctly.

We got the sensitivity adjusted today, so drive thru tomorrow! We are going to monitor the timing and flow very closely and start to make adjustments to it as we go in a mission to gain efficiencies.
TAMC11
AG
Nice. Might try again tomorrow.
claydeezy
AG
Big Burger Mojo guy checking in. Costa & co. are good people. Great food at a good price.
Costa and Andreas
Clay you're tha man! Appreciate your business very much!
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-Restaurant-in-College-Station-is-starting-a-fast-food-rebellion--566312091.html
GrimesCoAg95
AG
I thought they were different. For what it is worth, the Cafe Eccell bun is better. At first, I liked the taste of the one at Burger Mojo, but it is heavier. By the end of the burger, you notice that it is more dense. This is common for GF buns, so I often only eat one side of the bun. I am still coming back though.
aggiepaintrain
AG
The PB&J Cheeseburger is an EXPERIENCE.

GET IT!
AgDiehard
S
Went Thursday and thought the food was great. Great price as well.

Parking situation stinks and it will be interesting to see how this place is handled once the 30,000 or 40,000 students make it back onto town. I'm sure Aggieland Outfitters will not like their lot full of cars where the people walk past them to the restaurant next door....same for the hotel, unless they come to some deal with them. Maybe they can offer 10% off with a room key or something?

Not a big fan of the Boots line of sodas. Never have been, but that's just me. Would rather have a Barq's root beer or a Sprite.

We will be back though.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

I liked the taste of the one at Burger Mojo, but it is heavier.

Interesting. The reason I actually like the Mojo (I've been multiple times now) is that I feel like the burger doesn't bog you down or make you feel gross after eating it like lotsa heavy burgers do.
Costa and Andreas
AgDiehard said:

Went Thursday and thought the food was great. Great price as well.

Parking situation stinks and it will be interesting to see how this place is handled once the 30,000 or 40,000 students make it back onto town. I'm sure Aggieland Outfitters will not like their lot full of cars where the people walk past them to the restaurant next door....same for the hotel, unless they come to some deal with them. Maybe they can offer 10% off with a room key or something?

Not a big fan of the Boots line of sodas. Never have been, but that's just me. Would rather have a Barq's root beer or a Sprite.

We will be back though.

Thanks for the feedback!

We've recently opened the drive thru. Because of the lot size limitations, this site was always intended to be a "drive thru forward" concept. We always knew the parking would be a commodity at high times, hence the drive thru, and later on, the 24 hour model.

We do expect a synergy to develop between the hotel quests, ourselves and outfitters. After our newness wares off, I'm sure things will find their balance.

Regarding Boots Craft Soda, we have had overwhelming compliments on its inclusion and today marks the first time I've heard otherwise. But of course, not every soda appeals to everyone.
Thank you for your business!
Counterpoint
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quote:

I liked the taste of the one at Burger Mojo, but it is heavier.

Interesting. The reason I actually like the Mojo (I've been multiple times now) is that I feel like the burger doesn't bog you down or make you feel gross after eating it like lotsa heavy burgers do.
I think the poster is just referring to the Mojo GF bun?
Carny89
Trying to call in a order. Y'all won't answer
Aggie09Derek
AG
How do the craft sodas compare cost wise for y'all?
UmustBKidding
I'm not in the restaurant business but a local friend is and he explained it this way. If Coke cost him a dime a serving Pepsi cost him a nickel, and boots is significantly less than that. I personally don't care since I don't drink soda but many I know do. I personally think its a false economy, saving a few cents on the item that has absolutely the highest profit margin and risk alienating anyone. Makes no sense to me. Also people selling (retail) boots seems to push back when being asked if this is X *oke, they typically answer yes even when being repeatedly asked. With a fountain drink dispenser you can see the label but a waiter telling a customer they served them X knowing its Y is crazy. I don't know what drives this deceit but the owner of the trademark seem genuinely interested. A coworker seems to have built a relationship with a lawyer in Atlanta over this falsehood and it sounds like several local establishments may be seeing C&D letters shortly.
Most I know think the ft in Craft label should be p, but again I don't have a horse in the race. But if you dare to serve tea from a hose I will say something.
AggieBarstool
Costa and Andreas said:

Regarding Boots Craft Soda, we have had overwhelming compliments on its inclusion and today marks the first time I've heard otherwise. But of course, not every soda appeals to everyone.

Count me in as +1 in the "not a fan of Boots soda" camp. Tried it for the 1st time (in a long time) last weekend and thought it was sickly sweet and a secondary experience compared to the "originals" they were trying to impersonate. I settled on tea, instead.
Eliminatus
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Thanks for the feedback!

We've recently opened the drive thru. Because of the lot size limitations, this site was always intended to be a "drive thru forward" concept. We always knew the parking would be a commodity at high times, hence the drive thru, and later on, the 24 hour model.

Thank you for thinking of the resident insomniacs. Definitely keeping an eye out on this. Seeing as how I somehow spend a good chunk of time at the Zach engineering building past midnight, this may be a godsend.
cs69ag
AG
I have been 3x and like everything! Re the Boots sodas, to me they are less sugary, not as syrupy and not as carbonated, and I like them...a nice variety and change. I am not a big soft drink person and only get one when I get a combo. I don't care for tea. If no soft drink, I get water.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
I like the boots sodas. I was excited to see you had them.
JMac03
AG
I too am a fan of the boots soda! I like the strawberry one when normally I'm 100% Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.
Costa and Andreas
Hello all-

Soda has always been a concept specific decision in any business we've ever opened. For Burger Mojo, it was not a price driven decision at all. We decided because of the variety, local service and local ownership aspects. The flavored sodas make GREAT ice cream floats. So, we decided to pair Boots from Bellville with Blue Bell from Brenham!

We understand that not everyone will like everything we do. That's just business. However, we welcome any and all feedback, always!
halibut sinclair
We are unsweet tea drinkers and your tea is excellent.
Rexter
We just had lunch. Keeping in mind that a review being subjective to the person expressing the opinions, here's mine:

Darn good burger!
Fries are good....not my preference, though. I like crinkle cut.
Not a fan of Boots. The tea was really good. Not too stout or weak.
Nice atmosphere and great music.
Excellent value!

Keep on doing what you're doing. We will be somewhat regular diners.
Raven
S
First trip today at lunch. All very solid. Will do very well I believe.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.