Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

117,394 Views | 685 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by gravitartx
Mr. Dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was very tempted by 96AustinAg's SP01, but decided on another CZ: 457 Varmint Precision

Updated: It took over a week to get the other parts to mount the scope and rail. I shot it Friday in the wind, I managed to get a seven shot ragged hole group at 50 yards with Federal Gold Match (I have never been able to get better than 2MOA with this ammo in any other gun)
Alte Schule
S&W Shield EZ in .30 Super Carry

.[url=https://ibb.co/bbJHPwp][/url]
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
My entry to the AR world.

Addons: Magpul furniture,cheapo tac-light (1200 lumin), MBUS
Enhancements to come: BCG, charge handle, trigger, Hollosun red dot and magnifier.

agsalaska
AG
Alte Schule said:

Thoughts on it? The general impression of the youtubers I watch is that if they closed their eyes and shot it and then a 9mm they may not be able to tell you which is which.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

AgLA06
AG
agsalaska said:

Alte Schule said:

Thoughts on it? The general impression of the youtubers I watch is that if they closed their eyes and shot it and then a 9mm they may not be able to tell you which is which.

https://gununiversity.com/30-super-carry/

Pros
  • smaller than 9mm, so higher capacity (12 to 10)
Cons
  • Less energy than 9mm
  • Smaller expansion than 380 AUTO
  • Rarer / More Expensive than 9mm
  • Similar recoil to 9mm
  • Can't be used in competitions
  • Limited firearm/ammo options
  • Very high pressure cartridge

• agsalaska
    AG
    AgLA06 said:

agsalaska said:

Alte Schule said:

https://gununiversity.com/30-super-carry/

Pros
    • smaller than 9mm, so higher capacity (12 to 10)
    Cons
  • Less energy than 9mm
  • Smaller expansion than 380 AUTO
  • Rarer / More Expensive than 9mm
  • Similar recoil to 9mm
  • Can't be used in competitions
  • Limited firearm/ammo options
  • Very high pressure cartridge

• The last two successful pistol cartridges released were the .40(hugely successful) and .327(narrowly successful though the jury is still out). Both of those cartridges filled a space. The .40 giving a much more controllable 10mm and high cap magazines and such and the .327 bringing the full potential to the .32 mag, 6th round, etc.

I haven't yet figured out the question the .30 super is trying to answer. I don't think the 12 to 10 is any kind of difference maker for the vast majority of people.

That all being said, I apologize for the derail. Don't get me wrong I am intrigued by the cartridge and if Glock or Kahr produce a .30 Super I will be first in line to buy it. I hope they do.

Edit to add. The .45 GAP was a failure and the .357 Sig seems to be as well. The latter surprises me. I thought the .357 sig would make it. I had a Glock 32 for years. I think it, like the .40, fell victim to the new bullet designs for 9mm.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

AgLA06
    AG
    9mm +P

Makes it even less of a comparison.
    Alte Schule
    As his caliber was just introduced 3 months ago many of the opinions I see online, pro & con, are from folks that have neither seen, held or shot this pistol. Many are of the mind set that this caliber isn't needed, magazine capacity is not enough or other calibers are superior and are readily available These kinds of opinions are inherent for any new firearm and calibers but I am a true believer that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and don't begrudge anyone (except "woke" progressives) who has an opinion that differs from mine. In my younger years magazine capacity was important to me. Not so much now. I find many large capacity handguns are too heavy for me to carry comfortably but hellava fun to shoot.

I have the .380 EZ and, for my old a**, it's been a great fit. I wanted this new firearm for no other reason than "just because" plus the seller threw in two boxes of ammo, 100 gr. Federal Self Defense, which I burned through this past weekend. For now it's a keeper. It runs like my .380 EZ, has moderate recoil and accuracy which is more than acceptable for me. Within the next year or so I think it's going to be interesting to see how receptive firearm enthusiasts will be to this new caliber.

Lonestar-aught-six
    Wyatt Earp said " fast is fine but accuracy is final". Two shots center mass with a .45acp is good. Ten shots with a .22 is also good. If you can hit what you are shooting with more rounds it makes up for grain weight and energy.
    agsalaska
    AG
    Hey Alte I totally agree with everything that you said. I have a very, very narrow range of striker fired semi autos that doesn't go outside of Glock and Kahr. Maybe that will change one day. But if one of them were the introduction handguns I would also already own one.

There is a reason we have better cartridges than the commies. It's the variety that drives the innovation. See the 6.5 creed and .300 BLK as the most recent examples.

AGSPORTSFAN07
    AG
    agsalaska said:

Hey Alte I totally agree with everything that you said. I have a very, very narrow range of striker fired semi autos that doesn't go outside of Glock and Kahr. Maybe that will change one day. But if one of them were the introduction handguns I would also already own one.

There is a reason we have better cartridges than the commies. It's the variety that drives the innovation. See the 6.5 creed and .300 BLK as the most recent examples.
    Not a cartridge but would you include 223 Wylde in that?
    agsalaska
    AG
    I am not that familiar with .223 Wylde. I know what it is but that's about it. Not really into ARs. Was/Is it succesful?

AgLA06
    AG
    agsalaska said:

I think that is true to an extent. These examples are more our ability to have the funds to afford "innovative" calibers / cartridges that fill a small niche demand.

There isn't millions of people who actively shoot long range competitions (6.5 creed). Just selling the rifles doesn't mean much if the average person only shoots 50-100 rounds a year. And doesn't make the round economical for mass production. Especially when the concept is being sold to a group that predominantly loads their own bullets.

There aren't millions of people who conduct close quarter drills or shoot suppressed inside 100yards regularly (.300 blk). The military drove this, not retail.

The communists can't maintain what they have. They then can't also waste recourses and equipment on niche rounds that don't provide benefit to the greater good (population).

My slight disagreement is that new niche wildcat rounds aren't truly innovative. It's just polishing an existing concept. Unless we start doing something actually revolutionary different (black powder to metal cartridges, or smooth bore to rifling, etc.) we're really over inflating what is taking place.
    AGSPORTSFAN07
    AG
    agsalaska said:

I am not that familiar with .223 Wylde. I know what it is but that's about it. Not really into ARs. Was/Is it succesful?
    .223 Wylde is a chamber that truly allows .223 and .556 NATO to work in it. In an AR if you have a barrel marked for .556, it will shoot both .556 and .223. But if the barrel is marked as .223 and you shoot a .556 through it....good luck. Bad things can happen.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/blog/223-wylde-complete-guide.html
    Charismatic Megafauna
    AG
    BenderRodriguez said:

Sort of a new gun.

What optics are those? Holosun?
    BenderRodriguez
    AG
    Those are both EXPS3 model Eotechs on unity risers.

Bottom gun is my MCX with 6.75" 300blk barrel and placeholder trainer can until my Hyperion clears nfa jail.

Top "gun" is metal airsoft MCX replica I am setting up to use in a force on force class next month.
    Charismatic Megafauna
    AG
    Nice optic for a toy gun!!!
    Thanks
    BenderRodriguez
    AG
    Charismatic Megafauna said:

Nice optic for a toy gun!!!
    Thanks

After the class its getting yanked and thrown on a 11.5" sbr and the toy will get a holosun on a 1.93 mount.

Just wanted to set up the airsoft gun to mirror the actual MCX as much as possible for the class.
    GeoAg15
    AG
    its finally all coming together. Just got the stock in and swapped out. Remington 700 sps vamint .308, Bell and Carlson, Leupold 8.5-25. Last thing is to get her threaded.

lexofer
    AG
    New old gun day. Been liking unique (ugly) pistols for some reason recently so I got a Nambu 14. Came with a holster and an Arisaka 38. Wasn't really looking for a 38 but it has an intact mum so I'll keep it. Next ugly pistol will probably be a Steyr M1912 or M1907.

ATX_AG_08
    AG
    Picked up a Polytech. Went down a rabbit hole researching eastern made AK's after this war started. Ended with this purchase.

Shoefly!
    AG
    Very nice!
    agsalaska
    AG
    I got it. May have overpaid a little but too cool to pass up. It is a 1916 Winchester 1892 in 25-20. It has two sets of engravings on it. The first is contemporary to the manufacture date and the second is a little later.

cledus6150
    AG
    Nice!!!!
    agsalaska
    AG
    It's sweet. Was picking rocks off the top of a dirt pile from 40 yards with it when I shot it a month ago. Going to shoot the rest of the box then clean it gently with Ballistol. Then putting it in a sock with a silica pouch.

cledus6150
    AG
    Very very nice and a great piece of history!
    Post removed:
    by user
    lexofer
    AG
    Just got delivered a Finnish M28/30, the first batch of these to be imported since the 1990's. Made in 1938 this is a civil guard model that was used for shooting competitions and to defend the homeland. This is the same type of rifle Simo Hayhaused to win competitions and also take out over 500 commies.

highvelocity
    AG
    New 6arc from BCA Firearms. She is spicy

Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
    www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
    www.bcafirearmstx.com
    aggiesundevil4
    AG
    It's missing something….like maybe a hand made strap... But just any strap won't do. Needs to be made in Texas…By an Aggie…
    highvelocity
    AG
    It's got one on there now. BCA firearms is a new venture I'm getting into. Finally getting into the business I've been obsessed with since I was a kid
    Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
    www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
    www.bcafirearmstx.com
    cslifer
    Sweet gun, where did you get it? I have a soft spot for cool surplus guns.
    lexofer
    AG
    The Mosin Crate put up 60 for sale last week and they were gone in seconds. There will be 3 more M28/30's going up tomorrow at 10am and almost 30 M28 Ski Troopers.

https://www.themosincrate.com/shop-1

I saw a couple of other sites selling other M28/30's from this batch last week but they were in worse condition and/or cost more. I don't see them in stock there anymore either. This batch came from a Finnish collector than had a large number of these stashed away.
    GeoAg15
    AG
    I like short rifles and I cannot lie. Remington 700 16.5" .308 Leupold 3-15x44

tandy miller
    AG
    Picked this up weds. Palmetto .556 pistol, 10.5". Threw the SPARC from my other AR on it and did a little painting. Trying to figure out form1 process to SBR

FJB

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.