Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

108,537 Views | 674 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Breggy Popup
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I need one of those 1895's. I don't know why, but I have a can that will fit, so I guess that's good enough reason.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I haven't fired it yet. I am gunna SBR it and probably put a binary trigger on it.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
cledus6150
AG
I wanted one and have two hybrids, actually just mounted the XS rail system in it and installed the ASR brake this weekend as well. Now I just have to figure out an optic for it, I'm thinking a 1-8 LPVO!
tandy miller
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

I haven't fired it yet. I am gunna SBR it and probably put a binary trigger on it.

I may SBR mine also. Will depend on the ATF ruling.

If brace rule is left as is I doubt I'll do it though, as I'm not especially concerned with the shootqbility issues that come with a brace on a 22 as I am a bigger gun

I really wanted the 8" leopard one but got what I got bc of price and availability
FJB
highvelocity
AG

JeremiahJohnson
AG
Another one?
gravitartx
AG
"Had" to get a Glock so my mags match my PCC for my truck setup, settled on the G45 in 9mm. Interested to see how it feels compared to my Walther PDP.
tandy miller
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

I've run about 300 rounds of 36 gn rem golden bullets, one fte. This is my new favorite gun. Cheap to shoot, and accurate. I was able to hit 12x14 steel about 10% at 300 with a red dot.

FJB
TH36
.308 Weatherby Vanguard multicam.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sweet! Can't wait to shoot mine!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I have that same rifle in grey in 257 WBY. Love the grips and sound the stock makes when it scrapes on something (very muted). Great choice.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Weatherby + Timney Trigger is extremely hard to beat in my book for that price range.

Awesome gun!
Green2Maroon
AG
Weatherby Vanguard is an excellent rifle IMO. First gun I ever bought was this in .30-06 back in 2006. It has been a very solid all-around setup.
TH36
Well damn y'all have me all excited to go shoot now! Just sold a Leupold 6.5x20 so I gotta pick out another scope for this gun.
Green2Maroon
AG
I would expect that rifle to be very accurate.
TH36
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019655269?pid=501766

What do y'all think about this scope versus buying another Leupold?

On edit: hopefully so cause I pulled the trigger on it lol.
agsalaska
AG
H&K P30 SK

First H&K I have owned. So far I like it. Should get a chance to shoot it on Tuesday or Wednesday
Credible Source
AG
I love my HK, outstanding ergonomics and great stock trigger
highvelocity
AG
Go snag a strap from tx strap co! HOLIDAY20 saves you 20% for the rest of the year
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
These are really nice straps!
agsalaska
AG
Credible Source said:

I love my HK, outstanding ergonomics and great stock trigger
I think I am going to like it. I am left handed and the DA/SO, double stack mag, and fully ambidextrous features are really appealing.

I MAY get a chance to shoot it tomorrow. I am going to throw it and some ammo in the truck tomorrow and if it all works out perfectly I will get there.
Credible Source
AG
I'm a lefty also, big reason I chose it
javajaws
AG
Sometimes its about the gun you WANT, not the gun you NEED. But hey, at least the hat was free!

Edit: Also lefty friendly!

Aggieangler93
AG
Something about the lighting makes that one look golden to me, buddy. I was like....why the hell would he want a gold gun?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
slammerag
AG
javajaws said:

Sometimes its about the gun you WANT, not the gun you NEED. But hey, at least the hat was free!

[img]https://f5s-
img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/38/91/389119e945e1258fc19b0aef2753d6619f04d459_1292873_u125437.jpg" />[/img]

Is that a Jp5? Just got one last week - haven't been able to shoot yet
javajaws
AG
slammerag said:

javajaws said:

Yeah, JP-5 Competition version. Can't wait to compare it against my SP5 (as a sort of roller-delayed comparison).
agsalaska
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Something about the lighting makes that one look golden to me, buddy. I was like....why the hell would he want a gold gun?
Ha. It does look like that.

It aint gold. If it was gold it would be in the safe next to the Mexican .38 Super.
Aggieangler93
AG
agsalaska said:

Aggieangler93 said:

It aint gold. If it was gold it would be in the safe next to the Mexican .38 Super.

Ok, we gotta see the Mexican now.....
agsalaska
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

agsalaska said:

Aggieangler93 said:

Ok, we gotta see the Mexican now.....
Na I wish.

When I was working in pawn shops in Houston about 20 years ago I had one come in on pawn and even though I couldn't afford it was praying it would come out for sale. It was full stop chrome, ivory, gold plated, bling Colt .38 Super.

No luck though. He picked it up.
Aggieangler93
AG
That would have been a sweet wheelie!
javajaws
AG
slammerag said:

javajaws said:

Got to the range with mine yesterday to try it out. Man, it shoots sweet! Soft and accurate. Put 100 rounds through it and not a single hiccup. Definitely softer than my SP5 and every other PCC or 9mm I own. Has that sweet roller-delayed sound. I like the balance it has. I think I might need to do a custom pistol build of one of these next and SBR it so I can run with a suppressor.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
just ordered a Henry 30-30, but its a Christmas gift and dont get it until then
TH36
TH36 said:

.308 Weatherby Vanguard multicam.

Haven't got to shoot this one yet but damn I'm in love. Hopefully get to break it in tomorrow.
SMM48
AG
LMT 6.5 CM. 20 in stainless.

agsalaska
AG
Nice.

Tell me about that chronograph. We do the old pick a name out of a hat gift exchange for Christmas and one of my sisters got me. I want a chronograph.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.