Outdoors
Sponsored by

*****New Gun Day*****

108,535 Views | 674 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Breggy Popup
cledus6150
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't posted any in awhile and picked a few bolt guns up,

Zermatt Arms TL3-LA action
PVA carbon 21" 7PRC
Trigger tech diamond single stage
Nightforce NX8 4-32x50m
Hawkins Hunter DBM

Suppressor is a AB Raptor 8 with reflex on it.

Still waiting on the manner MCS-PH with mini chassis.

cledus6150
AG
Aero Solus in 308 with M24 profile barrel (very chonky)
Nightforce NXS 3-15x56

Already have a proof carbon barrel in 22 creedmoor on the way to lighten the girl up a bit.

beb08
AG
cledus6150 said:

Aero Solus in 308 with M24 profile barrel (very chonky)
Nightforce NXS 3-15x56

Already have a proof carbon barrel in 22 creedmoor on the way to lighten the girl up a bit.

Hows the action feel?
cledus6150
AG
At first it was springy is the only way I could describe it, I have over 100 rounds outta it now and it has smoothed out nicely!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Two shots with my new Montana elk rifle. Tikka T3x in 300WM.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
El_duderino
GeorgiAg
AG
AR10 308. Haven't bought it yet but probably will. Buddy made some tungsten armor piercing rounds. Shot through 3/8" plate and lodged in the post.

GeorgiAg
AG
Wrong pic. This one went through
BSD
AG
My new Q 8.6 Blackout 12" Fix with the Prototype silencer. After 270 days, it's finally out of jail.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
My new $250 PSA Dagger Glock 19 clone with threaded barrel and docter cut slide.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'm really debating picking up one of these… you like it?
beb08
AG
The trigger is absolute dog **** but its glock compatible so theres that. The grip feels great. I have a blem grip and the mag is a little sticky. Not sure if thats the case on all models or the luck of the draw on my blem.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I'm really debating picking up one of these… you like it?

For the price I think it's a pretty good deal. I EDC a few of Glock pistols, so read this with that in mind:

Pros:
  • Super cheap (I purchased the slide and lower separately)
  • Ergonomics are really good (better than Glock?)
  • Guide rod and recoil spring are all metal (unlike Glock)
  • Flared magwell with something like a moon cut (I prefer this).
  • I've never had a two toned pistol before, so excited about the peanut butter styling.
  • I'll put a Vortex red dot on it and plink away.

Cons:
  • I'm pretty sure this trigger is the same design as my S&W Shield, which I actually shoot really well. But the trigger is not good. It's really bad. Very gritty with long pull that doesn't break until the trigger goes ALL the way back? Reset is not bad. I will probably give it a shot at the range a few times, see how I shoot with it, and swap it out if possible.
  • I would prefer a slightly more aggressive stippling than what I got, especially if I'm ever going to EDC it. I'm pretty sure this one is on me b/c I remember them having different stipple options, and I went with the "average" one.
  • I wish they would have made the slide release oversized.
  • I absolutely hate branding, warning labels, and "junk" on guns. This one has FOUR PSA logos or pieces of branding on it. I could have done fine with just one.

For me, this is a range toy, so fun overall. Not sure if I would trust my life to it until I get some decent rounds through it.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thank you for sharing! I'm just looking for something to run suppressed and have fun with. If I really like it, I'll swap a threaded barrel in my Glock 17 and use that setup as nightstand.

Next move is getting a pistol suppressor….

Thanks again!
mhnatt
I just received my second 8.6 blackout today from Gorilla (though @BSD your Q Fix is addmittingly stunning in beauty!).

Some background - the 12" gasser was not performing well with 285gr subs (4-5MOA at best), so the kind folks at Gorilla built a 16" bolt for me that is expected to perform at 1MOA with subs. I'll report back on this once I take it out on a date.

Specs:
Faxon barrells (both the 12 and 16)
Defiance action
Timney 510-V2THIN Elite Hunter
MDT foldable skeletonized stock

This said, let me take a moment to praise Gorilla (based out of Florida). I've been working with them now for 10 months. They have been absolutely incredible in their support/service. Not only did they process my order and build the rig in record time, the rep actually drove to the airport to deliver to me my 12" just before the pistol brace fiasco shut a lot of things down. Then they constantly followed through communications with their tweaks and paid all for the shipping back and forth of the rifles, all the while standing behind their quality workmanship to get things right. This kind of company is a rare find nowadays.

[img][img]<br /><br />[/img][/img]
BenderRodriguez
AG
Nice. I use a lot of 300blk Gorilla Ammo
BenderRodriguez
AG
BenderRodriguez
AG
Its the one on the bottom.

lexofer
AG
Mauser C96 "Broomhandle" I recently got at auction. It came with an Imperial Iron Cross, Honor Cross of the World War, German belt buckle and button. I have no idea if these medals were acquired with the pistol or added to the collection later. Pistol is a wartime manufacture.

Won one of the new Stag 10 Pursuit 6.5CM at the last match. It's really nice but I already have a semi-auto in 6.5CM so I'll probably sell this one.
Hungry Ojos
That Mauser

ETA: and that's an original? Load with a stripper clip?
lexofer
AG
Yep fixed mag so load with stripper clips, manufactured sometime between 1915-1920.
tandy miller
AG
Wanted a bolty that wouldn't look like a musket w/ a suppressor. After talking to my cousin at a middle school football game last week I learned about the Remington 700 SPS.

Called the LGS and they had one in stock… I had a gun up there I won in a raffle anyways. Decided I'd "just go look".

Well, I'm now a gun richer and lighter in the pockets

Took the scope off of my Grendel and stuck it on this.

Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 308
16.5" barrel
Rudolph V1 2.5-15x50

Will eventually put it in a different stock and upgrade the trigger

If the wind wasn't blowing 100 mph I'd go run a couple rounds thru it

jrrhouston98
AG
Very nice. Interested to learn your thoughts on the 308 with a can.
tandy miller
AG
jrrhouston98 said:

Very nice. Interested to learn your thoughts on the 308 with a can.

Sounds good, probably a little quieter than my 556

tandy miller
AG
Not bad for 20 mph winds

cuz-i-can
AG
What ammo are you running?
tandy miller
AG
Federal 168gn Berger hybrid hunter
Mr. Dubi
Another Volquartsen. Dubi just picked a Black Mamba to go with my Scorpion X. The main difference between the two is the Scorpion uses a billet grip frame CNC milled by Volquartsen on a MK III platform. The Black Mamba uses a Ruger 22/45 grip frame with Volquartsen internals.
BCStalk
Nice
BCStalk
Cowboy style
CactusThomas
AG
Now we're talking
agsalaska
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
New to me Glock 19M. Factory reconditioned back from the FBI. I just got to put about 50 rounds through it and boy do I hate suppressor height sights. Those are going bye bye. Maybe a trigger upgrade while I'm at it?

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
K Bo
AG
Sig P320 X-Five Legion I picked up from TulaneAg. Put 100rds through it this morning and dang it's a shooter!

Also rented a CZ Shadow 2 and I might need to move some guns to make room for one of those.
aggiesundevil4
AG
All new, FN502, Rugged Oculus, and Holosun dot.
So fun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.