What game are you playing now?

125,245 Views | 941 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by AggiEE
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Yes, that one. I guess I just suck. I've done everything you can do at this point up top so and am now progression blocked until I go back down and fight him. I swear there are like 5 connected crystal creatures when I fight him. What weapon are you using against him?



Double axes. Great sword was too slow for this fight. I've got a common weapon upgrade on the axes that lets me heal which is helpful. They are set to the red path which is "rage" I think. I've got a couple rage upgrades slotted which do pretty good damage.

If they swarm you it can end quick, so I tried to stay relatively mobile... pretty big area to run around (as long as you don't fall off).

As long as I kept my white meter filled (Lymbic I think it's called) I was able to use my axes to heal and strike. Oh, and I also have a passive relic equiped that fills my white meter when taking damage so that helped me keep it topped off. But you can always just use the items to do the same thing.



Long story short, stick and move. Sometimes the bad guy will hover and not move... draw the blue things away from him, then rush the hovering bad guy, put a big combo on him, then absorb the combo damage with R1 which will heal you and refill your Lymbic gauge. Repeat until they are all dead.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

Yes, that one. I guess I just suck. I've done everything you can do at this point up top so and am now progression blocked until I go back down and fight him. I swear there are like 5 connected crystal creatures when I fight him. What weapon are you using against him?



Double axes. Great sword was too slow for this fight. I've got a common weapon upgrade on the axes that lets me heal which is helpful. They are set to the red path which is "rage" I think. I've got a couple rage upgrades slotted which do pretty good damage.

If they swarm you it can end quick, so I tried to stay relatively mobile... pretty big area to run around (as long as you don't fall off).

As long as I kept my white meter filled (Lymbic I think it's called) I was able to use my axes to heal and strike. Oh, and I also have a passive relic equiped that fills my white meter when taking damage so that helped me keep it topped off. But you can always just use the items to do the same thing.



Long story short, stick and move. Sometimes the bad guy will hover and not move... draw the blue things away from him, then rush the hovering bad guy, put a big combo on him, then absorb the combo damage with R1 which will heal you and refill your Lymbic gauge. Repeat until they are all dead.

I think I just found this one. Can you tell me which one it is? Some of those glyphs are hard to interpret what they actually do. Thanks!

But, yes, I'm doing the same tactic and weapon; just not well.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I was a bit off earlier just going off memory. Here are the key things I have

Defensive Gear: Pendant of Grief - Acceptance (level 2). This is what recharges my Lymbic when taking hits.

Also have the Bracers of Grief - Denial which reduces stamina cost after taking hits.

So essentially when I take hits (often) I get buffs to help me fight back. The Lymbic recharge is especially helpful when paired with (see below).


My Twin Axes are enhanced with Rage/Red element (Lvl 10). I have the neutral glyph (can be used on any weapon) Lymbic Mending. This lets me heal using Lymbic energy stored in Axes. I also have a couple offensive Rage Glyphs equipped, the best one being Wave of Wrath.

Switching weapons and consumables isn't very efficient during combat , so just using the axes to fight and heal simplifies it a bit. I can keep Lymbic recharge as the quick select item to keep it full if needed. Now I can just focus on the boss instead of switching gear. He's not that bad at that point. I just try to not get surrounded, make good combos, and use R1 to absorb their energy/health after combos.

And lastly... I think his crystals are blue which is grief. Use a grief suppressor item once the crystals spawn and that really helps with them. I don't think I used them, but they really do help with damage taken.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I might see one problem. I think my axes are only Lvl 5 so you've been clearing out more lymbics than I have. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

I guess we can return this thread back to everyone now.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I've been clearing out all the zones and leveling up because I'm a sucker for exploring and finding all the stuff. I also decided early on that I'm not switching between multiple weapons so I've been primarily using the axes as my #1 and greatsword as #2... pretty much the only weapons that have any level at all, but they are both leveled up pretty good.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll also say this last bit and maybe you know this already... but I'm not entirely sure the relationship between the white creatures and the crystals. What I do know is that you can't physically hurt the white guys while the crystals are active, but what you can do is hit the white guys and drain their white Lymbic bar.

I think this is important to do becuse when it's gone, they go into a staggered state where they just float. Main thing is, they are no longer fighting you along with the crystals. I have no idea if this also makes the crystals easier to kill or not, but it certainly feels like an easier fight by keeping the white guys frozen.

For this "boss" guy, this might even keep more crystals from spawning and make your life easier. I know it's super helpful when fighting the regular enemies that are linked to crystalls... much easier time fighting and absorbing health when the white creatures aren't also pummeling you!
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a good video showing what I was saying... this guy goes between staggering the white guys and attacking the crystals. For the longest time I just focused on the crystals first. Had to figure out this new strategy in the underground level because the difficulty spiked pretty hard.

YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, watching that I'm also not blocking enough. I just forget to do it.

I suck at gaming is what I've learned. I beat the one at bottom of lake, but these Act 2 Time loop Guardians are a handful. Difficulty has definitely ramped up and not scaled to current equipment level. Feels like they sucked you in with Act 1 and now the real game starts.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes! In Souls game you still take damage when blocking so muscle memory has me trying to dodge everything... I think only your stamina is hurt in this one so blocking is best.

Game has definitely pulled me in. I downloaded it as free PS+ game to try for the weekend and now here we are!
Lathspell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Depends on the shield you're using, in Souls games.
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YUGE DLC and content patch releasing for Total War: Warhammer 3 in about 6 hours. Biggest yet and super excited for it. Broke my "never preorder stuff" rule immediately.

This will eat up my free time going forward into the near future. And mid. Probably long as well.
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lb sand said:

Has anyone checked this one out yet?

The Blood of Dawnwalker
Chatgpt suggested it as i enjoyed cyberpunk, kcd2, witcher.



I have heard mostly positive impressions. It is the first game from this team of former Witcher devs so things aren't perfect, but overall it seems solid
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Artorias said:

lb sand said:

Has anyone checked this one out yet?

The Blood of Dawnwalker
Chatgpt suggested it as i enjoyed cyberpunk, kcd2, witcher.



I have heard mostly positive impressions. It is the first game from this team of former Witcher devs so things aren't perfect, but overall it seems solid


Been watching this one. Didn't realize it was former Witcher devs. Will watch harder.
@NFLPlayerProps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just finished Mass Effect (1) for the first time. Heck of a game. Hard to believe this came out 20 years ago
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Played Control Resonant for about an hour on my lunch break. I've played every Remedy game and it's one of the only game studios that I'll give my money to.

Starts off hard and hasn't given up. Melee style combat vs ranged from the original has made the combat much more difficult. I'm looking forward to the story more than anything.
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
@NFLPlayerProps said:

Just finished Mass Effect (1) for the first time. Heck of a game. Hard to believe this came out 20 years ago


Excited for you! Mass Effect 1 rocked my world and got several play throughs out of me as I went through all the options and play styles.

And then Mass Effect 2 came out and became my favorite game of all time.
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wildmen03 said:

Played Control Resonant for about an hour on my lunch break. I've played every Remedy game and it's one of the only game studios that I'll give my money to.

Starts off hard and hasn't given up. Melee style combat vs ranged from the original has made the combat much more difficult. I'm looking forward to the story more than anything.

Control kinda blew my mind- very cool and freaky game.

I haven't even heard of Resonant. I'll have to look into it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got hooked on Brotato this weekend on the Steam Deck.

At first I was playing it during commercials for the Ags Saturday night game... by the 2nd half I was just playing it.

Fun game.
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

Got hooked on Brotato this weekend on the Steam Deck.

At first I was playing it during commercials for the Ags Saturday night game... by the 2nd half I was just playing it.

Fun game.

Don't blame you one bit
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any game is better than watching Aggie football.
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Just got RuneScape Dragonwilds on ps5. Always wanted a OSRS type game for console


If you liked old school RuneScape or survival crafting games, I've been having fun with this one
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

Got hooked on Brotato this weekend on the Steam Deck.

Think I've played Brotato at least once everyday for the past two years straight. Such a great little game to zone out to for a few minutes out of the day.
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never heard of brotato. Just downloaded it out of curiosity
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a fun one handed control game. Survive the waves and build your characters after each wave.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fired up Witcher 3 Remastered this afternoon but put it away for now. May resume tonight. Which will be dumb because it will keep me up late.
LaynesSauce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhutton125 said:

@NFLPlayerProps said:

Just finished Mass Effect (1) for the first time. Heck of a game. Hard to believe this came out 20 years ago


Excited for you! Mass Effect 1 rocked my world and got several play throughs out of me as I went through all the options and play styles.

And then Mass Effect 2 came out and became my favorite game of all time.


Just finished mass effect 2 and onto 3 now. 1 had a twist that reminded me of Halo 1. Mass effect two was good but my gosh so many side missions for loyalty. Like 80% of the game is side missions.
LaynesSauce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody played Gears E-Day yet? Huge gears fan but trying to finish mass effect 3 before it comes our next Thursday. I know you can play it early with the premium upgrade.

Played the beta and it was great. Ignoring all the woke stuff I just hope the story is good
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Fired up Witcher 3 Remastered this afternoon but put it away for now. May resume tonight. Which will be dumb because it will keep me up late.

Same!

I did see the clip on the witcher thread about turning off bloom in settings and it makes the game feel more like the original. For some reason, it made the colors feel washed out. Not sure if it does in fact look better, but it feels like the original warmth, if that makes sense, with the improved character models.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

YouBet said:

Fired up Witcher 3 Remastered this afternoon but put it away for now. May resume tonight. Which will be dumb because it will keep me up late.

Same!

I did see the clip on the witcher thread about turning off bloom in settings and it makes the game feel more like the original. For some reason, it made the colors feel washed out. Not sure if it does in fact look better, but it feels like the original warmth, if that makes sense, with the improved character models.


They supposedly patched that with 500c but I haven't tested it.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LaynesSauce said:

Anybody played Gears E-Day yet? Huge gears fan but trying to finish mass effect 3 before it comes our next Thursday. I know you can play it early with the premium upgrade.


I heard it's really good. I'm trying to finish up a couple games too. I'd like to play it before GTA next month. I've beaten all the previous ones and I'm a fan of the series.
The Unforgiven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well you will like it if you like your captain to be a boss lady pretending to be a badass. and then the short-haired lesbian love story. This story was written by HR, not the war department. Lol

Saw a video where they threw a grenade into the water. There was no water mechanics. Then saw a clip from a previous game in the series and the water moved as you walked in it and shot it.

The Burnt Peanut and Nick Mercs said it is bad and they are the target. $400 million dollar bomb. These big AAA games lose so much money these days that you've got to wonder if this is a money laundering scheme. lol
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Playing the Yotei DLC right now and it's great. Only $15 but you get a whole new area to explore and apparently it's around 10 hrs to complete
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.