The Division 2

29,233 Views | 341 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cmk10 said:

I finished the main part but can't figure out how to use or select my super where i can get a rocket launcher or grenade launcher. Please help....
To actually use it you need to hold the triangle key (on PS4). It's tied to the same button you use to glacially draw your pistol. I really wish our super agents could whip it out like John Wick, I would love to fall back to using my pistol more often.
Prime0882
AG
Been a busy last week/weekend at work... last night I relaxed by doing my taxes (whoo). Hopefully I can get on tonight or tomorrow and start working towards WT5.
TonsterPS
AG
Been doing a mission or two when I can get some time in. Still loving it, and living just outside DC (in VA), it's so cool to traipse around familiar territory.
Prime0882
AG
TonsterPS said:

Been doing a mission or two when I can get some time in. Still loving it, and living just outside DC (in VA), it's so cool to traipse around familiar territory.
I'm also in the DC area, so it's been fun to run more than a few missions and see all the places I've been. And, then shoot up hundreds of bad guys in those places.
TonsterPS
AG
I was hoping they'd cross the Potomac to Rosslyn, near where I used to live, but it seems Roosevelt Island is as close as we'll get. I'm near Shirlington now a bit down 395.
Cromagnum
AG
Finally hit world tier 1. Now I have to figure out what that means and what I need to do to get up to tier 4 or 5 or whatever is current I suppose
tamusc
AG
Cromagnum said:

Finally hit world tier 1. Now I have to figure out what that means and what I need to do to get up to tier 4 or 5 or whatever is current I suppose

Now you need to do the strongholds and the missions that unlock the strongholds.
Cromagnum
AG
What's the best way to kill the metal gear looking dog things?
tamusc
AG
Cromagnum said:

What's the best way to kill the metal gear looking dog things?

Shoot their legs/tracks to disable them and shoot any ammo boxes they might have.
Cromagnum
AG
Build I'm copying now (until they nerf it). I'm one shotting most everything in Tier 3 so far

Broba Fett
So what's the best specialization?
Agmaniacmike12
Broba Fett said:

Sharpshooter because of all of the passive perks in the skill tree:

25% additional headshot damage
30% increased reload speed,
15% increased rifle damage(not AR/Marksman).
Perks that increase armor and ammo regen while in cover.

You can really do work with a rifle/marksman rifle combo with this specialization, but you really need to hit your headshots.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Broba Fett said:

You can really do work with a rifle/marksman rifle combo with this specialization, but you really need to hit your headshots.
there's also perks that buff the health and duration of the drone
easttexasaggie04
AG
This game is already on sale. I think $20 off (on Xbox). I guess it pays to wait a few weeks!
Cromagnum
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Broba Fett said:

The SVD build linked above is pretty good. Even as a freshly minted T5 with holes in gear, I'm still melting stuff. Casie is selling a good starter SVD with 499 gear score for about 1 more day if anyone wants to try it.
Artorias
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

This game is already on sale. I think $20 off (on Xbox). I guess it pays to wait a few weeks!
Pretty common, actually. Most games will start to have sales past the first month, which accounts for the bulk of lifetime sales, especially nowadays when there are so many games coming out every year. Very few games can retain their full $60 price tag for long beyond the first month or two.
Agmaniacmike12
I was thinking about going all in on a high damage built, but if Massive has listened to the concerns of the community, then I expect high DPS, low armor builds to be punished with a pre-raid patch. The Unstoppable Force build may end up being more viable for squad based endgame content. Of course, there is always room for mutliple builds if you have the resources/time to go that route.
TexasAggie_02
AG
minor gripe, but i just realized last night that talents in the specialization skill trees are not automatically activated when you purchase them with skill points. For example the cooldown reduction perk of the drone. It just actually gives you a gray skill mod that you have to equip on your drone, which means that you have to take up space that could go to another skill mod, such as damage, skill health, etc.

IMO, if you have a skill tree, and you activate a skill, then it should always be activated. In other games like borderlands, there are tradeoffs on how you spend your skill points, but whatever you unlock is always unlocked. In the division, you have to unlock and then decide if it's actually preferable to gear mods that you already have.
Cromagnum
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

minor gripe, but i just realized last night that talents in the specialization skill trees are not automatically activated when you purchase them with skill points. For example the cooldown reduction perk of the drone. It just actually gives you a gray skill mod that you have to equip on your drone, which means that you have to take up space that could go to another skill mod, such as damage, skill health, etc.

IMO, if you have a skill tree, and you activate a skill, then it should always be activated. In other games like borderlands, there are tradeoffs on how you spend your skill points, but whatever you unlock is always unlocked. In the division, you have to unlock and then decide if it's actually preferable to gear mods that you already have.

Same thing with digital scope for SS
The Milkman
AG
Not sure how many hours yall have put in to get to level 30 and beyond, but I finally am to level 7. I joined the Texags clan last night so that was exciting.
agproducer
AG
The Milkman said:

Not sure how many hours yall have put in to get to level 30 and beyond, but I finally am to level 7. I joined the Texags clan last night so that was exciting.
PS4?

I'm Tier 2 after level 30 and I've put in 20+ hours.
Madmarttigan
AG
Played enough to get bored and quit already. Wt5 wasn't interesting enough to keep me engaged.
The Milkman
AG
agproducer said:

The Milkman said:

PS4?

I'm Tier 2 after level 30 and I've put in 20+ hours.
Yeah I'm on PS4
Broba Fett
tv1113 said:

Played enough to get bored and quit already. Wt5 wasn't interesting enough to keep me engaged.

Yeah. There is very little variety in loot and the 3 builds at the moment. Really you can tweak how you want to do damage but that's about it for the time being.
Hagen95
AG
I'm almost done maxing out the three builds.

So far, I like the crossbow best as a weapon, but that build boosts the shotgun and rifle, which are not my usual weapons. I'm adapting my play style to better fit that set but I still like to run a sniper rifle for the satisfying one shot kills.

agproducer
AG
Hagen95 said:

I'm almost done maxing out the three builds.

So far, I like the crossbow best as a weapon, but that build boosts the shotgun and rifle, which are not my usual weapons. I'm adapting my play style to better fit that set but I still like to run a sniper rifle for the satisfying one shot kills.

I agree with you on the crossbow. There is something satisfying about popping a yellow bar with crossbow ammo, watching it explode and the elite enemy dying right there.
AggieKatie2
AG
World Tier 2
The Milkman
AG
Ok so this is going to sound dumb, but I realized today you could do missions and control points and all that with a group. That made it much easier and accomplishing things faster. Also leveling up quicker now.

Sorry, but I'm new to this
AtlAg05
AG
Yep, running with a group in WT5 is good for exp, just keep your head down!

Once you get to 30, the quickest way to go through the tiers is having the group drop extra gear. Doesn't matter stats, just get the minimum gear score to unlock the next world tier.
TexasAggie_02
AG
looking at reddit, there appears to be a small (50ish MB) patch today that fixes loading times. there are reports of initial boot up and loading into the game dropping from 3.5 mins to a 1.5 mins
Mattressburn
AG
Yeah the patch did wonders for PC load times. I would start it up and then go do the dishes or something. Now it's at least reasonable.
AtlAg05
AG
Glad they're going in the right direction. Now we need the raid!
The Milkman
AG
Any of the other PS4 clan people been playing? Havent seen anyone other than agproducer lately
titanmaster_race
The Milkman said:

Any of the other PS4 clan people been playing? Havent seen anyone other than agproducer lately

I've been busy lately. Haven't been on much the past two weeks
Tex117
AG
I think most folks are waiting for the raid.

Im geared up and ready!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.