The Division 2

29,241 Views | 341 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agmaniacmike12
Tex117
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its certainly not a bad game and its fun...but in the end, its feels like a not as thoughtful Wildlands (Wildlands is actually really great.)

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
gumby579
AG
Tex117 said:

Its certainly not a bad game and its fun...but in the end, its feels like a not as thoughtful Wildlands (Wildlands is actually really great.)
I agree that it feels a lot like Wildlands, but I wasn't fond of Wildlands. I do like the feel of this but it does have a much different feel than TD1 to me. Has anyone gone to DZ? I DO like those changes. It feels like I have more of a chance to defeat other players rather than the full on gank fest of TD1 DZ.
dcaggie04
AG
I think they said 1 or 2 of the 3 DZs will be normalized so everyone is on the same level ( think regular crucible in destiny). The other DZ will be power based (like Iron Banner).
AtlAg05
AG
One was called an occupied dz, I think that was the one where geared was not normalized. On the map it looks like there is only one dz for the beta
jeffk
AG
I'll probably try out the DZ a bit tonight.

Keester11 on XBL.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Loved the beta. Have played on Xbox and pc. Gotta say, I think pc is an order of magnitude easier. Assault rifles are like laser beams on PC. You can practicality snipe people with iron sights.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Tex117
AG
gumby579 said:

Tex117 said:

I agree that it feels a lot like Wildlands, but I wasn't fond of Wildlands. I do like the feel of this but it does have a much different feel than TD1 to me. Has anyone gone to DZ? I DO like those changes. It feels like I have more of a chance to defeat other players rather than the full on gank fest of TD1 DZ.

Wildlands took awhile to click with me, but once it did, I loved it.

IMO in the beta, the game really shines in the endgame content with a full squad. It becomes a much more thoughtful and tactical shooter. Pushing up on cover, falling back, flanking. All that.

Solo play, honestly, is not as much fun (and I'm a solo playing for the most part).
AtlAg05
AG
We'll have some folks playing on PC on our discord.

Agdog05 on Uplay.
TexasAggie_02
AG
AtlAg05
AG
Open beta is March 1- 4 for anyone wanting to give it a try
txag2k
AG
TxAg2k on uplay.
agproducer
AG
AtlAg05 said:

I'm curious to see what adjustments are made.
Prime0882
AG
I'll be trying it out on the PS4.

PSN: Prime0882
AtlAg05
AG
agproducer said:

AtlAg05 said:

There wasn't too much I didn't like about the game in general. Some the AI is still dumb, kinda wish they would make everyone as smart/move like the Hunters in Div1.

The attachment system is completely different, it's nice that once you get an attachment you don't have to craft for each weapon. But they are so generic with the stats, I wonder if that was just the beta?
agproducer
AG
AtlAg05 said:

agproducer said:

AtlAg05 said:

There wasn't too much I didn't like about the game in general. Some the AI is still dumb, kinda wish they would make everyone as smart/move like the Hunters in Div1.

The attachment system is completely different, it's nice that once you get an attachment you don't have to craft for each weapon. But they are so generic with the stats, I wonder if that was just the beta?
I just can't get over the fact that the movement in the beta just seemed a little sluggish compared to D1. The floating feeling of your player as you drop from a higher ledge I thought was distracting.

I don't particularly love what developers did with the in-game menus. They seem hard to read.

I'm also a little disappointed in the mod system. I liked being able to mod each weapon individually like in D1. In the beta it seemed like a "catch-all" mod system.

The baddies are a lot harder to locate, so that is a challenge. I like the drone, but I missed the easy health box of D1.

All that being said, I still can't wait for this game.

I thought graphically, the beta was beautiful. the setting is immersive, and it feels like there is a lot to explore. I like being able to upgrade the settlements. That's an interesting touch. It's not just upgrading the Base of Operations.

I had the most fun when I was collaborating with a group to tackle the missions. We really did have to work as a team. I seemed to be more dependent on my teammates than in D1.

I did not try out the endgame content. I figure if people don't like it, Ubisoft will fix it the way they did with D1. D1 is a lot different than what it was when it came out. It truly evolved, and I'm expecting the same out of D2.

AtlAg05
AG
Apparently if you pre order, at least on PC, you will you can choose a free game from Wildlands/Watch Dogs 2/Far Cry Primal.

Becomes playable when Div2 launches as long as you don't cancel your pre-order.
tamusc
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Apparently if you pre order, at least on PC, you will you can choose a free game from Wildlands/Watch Dogs 2/Far Cry Primal.

Becomes playable when Div2 launches as long as you don't cancel your pre-order.
Yep, just got my email about this today.
Madmarttigan
AG
See below discord link
Formerly tv1113
txag2k
AG
tv1113 said:

Setting up a TexAgs discord server for Anthem and Apex. I may get on Division 2 eventually after release and I think it might be time to set up a general TexAgs discord gaming server for all the PC gamers around these parts so adding this link to the Division 2 thread.

Feel free to invite friends and whoever to the server, should have permissions.
you mean like the one setup a few years ago that already has a ton of TexAgs Nerdery members there?

Aggie Nation (Nerdery Discord)

Madmarttigan
AG
I would have figured there should be one so sounds good to me
Formerly tv1113
RadAg14
AG
So....anyone get a chance to play this past weekend?
agproducer
AG
RadAg14 said:

So....anyone get a chance to play this past weekend?
I had a limited chance to play. It seems like the developers listened to the fans after the private beta. It seemed like the baddies were a lot easier to spot. And, the private beta seemed like it was plotting. The public beta was actually really fun.

The game seemed like it ran a heck of a lot smoother.

I'm ready for March 15th!
AtlAg05
AG
It was a lot smoother, no crashes in my 4-5 hours of playing. Plus the end game changes were great, having more special ammo really helped.

I guess we'll have to make a TexAgs clan
MaroonStain
AG
Aggie Nation
RadAg14
AG
If anyone is bored and have an echo device ask Alexa to "open the division network"
Madmarttigan
AG
That's pretty cool lol.
Formerly tv1113
MaroonStain
AG
RadAg14 said:

If anyone is bored and have an echo device ask Alexa to "open the division network"

My 1st gen dot will not connect to my new phone...
RadAg14
AG
I learned you can use the app as well. Dont go out of your way to download it if you dont want to. Someone uploaded it haha

TonsterPS
AG
That's pretty damn cool. The more I'm reading about D2, the more excited I'm getting.

Here's a summary of the endgame content posted on Reddit.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm still bitter about the wasted money on anthem but I want to buy the gold edition division for early access. Decisions decisions.
Formerly tv1113
titanmaster_race
tv1113 said:

I'm still bitter about the wasted money on anthem but I want to buy the gold edition division for early access. Decisions decisions.

It's only 3 days early access right? And the year 1 pass it comes with is all just cosmetic items.
titanmaster_race
RadAg14 said:

That was cool
Madmarttigan
AG
Oh is year one pass just cosmetic? I thought that was referring to content
Formerly tv1113
titanmaster_race
tv1113 said:

Oh is year one pass just cosmetic? I thought that was referring to content

My understanding is all of the content in year 1 will be free. Gold pass will get you exclusive cosmetic items with each content drop.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.