Official Overwatch Thread

57,957 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
AtlAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I did the Amazon prime pre order and ended up getting origins for less than $40. Definitely worth it and I've at least learned not to shoot myself in the foot.

Besides junkrats on death grenades, pharahs rockets at close range, I don't shoot myself in the foot
benMath08
AG
quote:
quote:
So the consensus on the game overall is... Thumbs up?

Its good clean fun.

Worth 60 bucks? I dunno
Well it only costs $40 so
AcctAg11
AG
I have found that I really like Hanzo and Junkrat on offense. Defenders tend to be more stationary and static in the way they play a game, making it easier to anticipate and hit them with the bow or grenade launcher. Capturing a final objective on offense almost always needs an AOE clear that either Hanno or Junkrat can provide.

Also, I really like using the arrow that enables the team to see enemies through walls right before the game starts. It's nice to know what enemies you face before hand. Anyone else do that?
rangerdanger
AG
quote:
Of course, support is always thankless and the "Attackers" think we won due to their amazing shooting skills and ability to stay alive..... :/

Mercy and Lucio usually get the most thumbs up in the post game summaries I'm in. People appreciate the heals. I don't go on the mic though, so if some dude is **** talking as a Widowmaker because he's getting kills and the support guys arent, then he can screw off.
Tex117
AG
quote:
quote:
Of course, support is always thankless and the "Attackers" think we won due to their amazing shooting skills and ability to stay alive..... :/

Mercy and Lucio usually get the most thumbs up in the post game summaries I'm in. People appreciate the heals. I don't go on the mic though, so if some dude is **** talking as a Widowmaker because he's getting kills and the support guys arent, then he can screw off.
I must have had a string of bad luck...

I had one game where my card said I healed something like 56% of the damage of the team (I was the only healer). I didn't get an epic vote. HALF!

I was a little salty. haha
Knucklesammich
I mainly play Lucio or sometimes tank with Reinhart
AtlAg05
AG
Agdog #1562 by the way
Cromagnum
AG
Damn, people get mad as hell on voice chat if you puck s character they dont want you to pick. I got cussed out bad for picking Bastion from a guy on my team and then I went on to wreck.
Naveronski
AG
Little robot minigun dude wrecks shop on the CTF maps for defense.
Madmarttigan
AG
Tanking is pretty fun but I feel like the 2 main supports are really boring. This is coming from a guy who mainly supports and heals in all games.
AtlAg05
AG
Ha. I'm glad most haven't used mics in my games, I don't need a teenager telling me what to do. Mostly run in groups so I don't have to deal with them.

Playing reaper the other day for the second time and was told I was the worse reaper ever and should go kill myself. These guys take the game way too seriously.
AtlAg05
AG
Tried out Genji today, didn't go badly but didn't go well either. Different mindset to get close enough for a sword.

I do like the variety of playstyles even within each of the main categories.
KidDoc
AG
When you guys have time try to watch the Cynical Nerds guides. Very helpful for people you fight and play.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Overwatch Central on YouTube has some solid character guides as well. Very helpful when trying to learn new skills.
VonDownByTheRiver
Best cosplay yet.

Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Ha. I'm glad most haven't used mics in my games, I don't need a teenager telling me what to do. Mostly run in groups so I don't have to deal with them.

Playing reaper the other day for the second time and was told I was the worse reaper ever and should go kill myself. These guys take the game way too seriously.

No joke. We were playing a game where there is only one flag to cap so really you need a balance of offense and defense. Thie guy lost his **** when I picked Bastion "because he is horrible on offense". Nevermind that you not only have to take the point, but hold it.

I was told Im a ****ing scrub and a ****** and that ai should definitely go ****ing kill myself right now, but then I went on to wreck shop and held the point until we won the match and got POTG for some extra salt.

Kids take this way too seriously. Of course my jokes about being a neckbeard in his moms basement didnt help.
3rdGen2015
AG
If anybody wants to play sometime this week or tomorrow night:

TheJURY#1268
fta09
AG
This youtube channel has a lot of videos for Overwatch. He goes over game mechanics and strats and also has ~5 minute video guides for each character.

Edit: Just went back and realized KidDoc posted this earlier in the thread, but had no stars! It's worth a watch.
joemeister
AG
Had a lot of fun so far. My most played classes are probably Mercy and Torbjorn. Mercy is obviously a bit of a one trick pony, but you can do some insane healing when teams don't focus you. She also pairs really well with Pharah, because you can fly up to her level and hover for a while. I can generally tell within the first 2 or 3 minutes if I'm going to be focused. If they focus the support and if we still need a healer I'll switch to Lucio.

Torbjorn is an absolute menace as long as you keep your turret up. I readily admit I'm not great on the fast twitch characters like Tracer, so I don't mind letting the AI do the killing for me. His armor packs also help a ton.

Classes I struggle with the most:

Winston (I seriously can't figure this guy out. I've seen people play him very effectively, but I find that the damage from his tesla gun is too low for me to kill anything.)

Soldier 76 (I struggle to hit the bunny hopping lunatics that came over from TF2. It's been way too long since I played a game that rewards that play style.)

Junkrat (I never kill anything when I play him, yet I'm always getting killed by him.)
fta09
AG
Fire Soldier 76's gun in ~5 shot bursts. They will all land dead center, but after that the spread kicks in. Pair a burst with his right click ability and you'll bring people down quickly. Also best to stay at medium range.
3rdGen2015
AG
I love playing Winston. If you have a competent team behind you, you can cause havoc. I like him the best on the opening part of Route 66 when I'm on defense.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I've got a couple buddies who I play with (one posts on TA, the other does not), we use discord to communicate and are looking to get a whole team together in communication if anyone is interested.
Ewok It Out08
AG
Exaltius#1200

I am generally on a few nights a week. Our group primarily uses Curse chat to communicate. I personally like it since you can see what games everyone is playing to give you an idea of which one to jump into if you are looking for some group competitive gaming.

Also, I would suggest checking out Master Overwatch. Great site for stat tracking if you care about that type of thing. Obviously, with limited game time, stats can be skewed based on picking up new champs.

http://masteroverwatch.com/

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Exaltius-1200
Predmid
AG
Loving Zarya & Roadhog. Went on an insane hooking spree last night with the Hog. Pulled person after person off a cliff and into a big hole. No idea what the name of the map was.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Loving Zarya & Roadhog. Went on an insane hooking spree last night with the Hog. Pulled person after person off a cliff and into a big hole. No idea what the name of the map was.
Ilios is the map with the well in the middle of one of the capture points, right? If so, I love playing on that map as Lucio because you can endlessly wall skate around in a circle inside the well and heal your team. The other team almost never knows to look in there.
Predmid
AG
That's the one.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Predmid-1432

THe game with the 75% hook accuracy.

BOOM.

Though, the match did start with the other Roadhog Balrog'ing me with him.
joemeister
AG
quote:
Did you emerge with white hair and a new staff?
Predmid
AG
quote:
quote:
Did you emerge with white hair and a new staff?

no, the rest of the team was in range so I didn't get the solo EXP.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I am Fracmore#1970 if you just got a friend request from me. I added a few from this thread.
Forum Troll
AG
Genji is one of my favorites heroes but he is so frustrating to play for many reasons.

-He's a ****ing ninja assassin but yells extremely loud for his ultimate so that everyone knows he is coming.
-He's a ninja but his footsteps are way too loud (they should be silent imo).
-Main LMB weapon is terrible.
-Not enough burst damage up close. The best you can do is RMB, melee, L-shift. I can't remember how many times I lose to Hanzo in close quarters because Hanzo can spam arrows and they do so much damage.
-Extremely long cooldown time on main escape (L-shift)
joemeister
AG
This is an interesting video that shows off how large the player hit boxes are. Apparently, projectile weapons get an even larger impact size.

Ewok It Out08
AG
Great video. Should be really useful when you are trying to outsnipe another widowmaker when you have your ultimate up and thy are peaking a corner.

Also, good games last night with TheJury and Predmid. Had some solid games and some rough ones as well, but overall pretty solid considering there were also a few fairly new players in the group.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Genji is one of my favorites heroes but he is so frustrating to play for many reasons.

-He's a ****ing ninja assassin but yells extremely loud for his ultimate so that everyone knows he is coming.
-He's a ninja but his footsteps are way too loud (they should be silent imo).
-Main LMB weapon is terrible.
-Not enough burst damage up close. The best you can do is RMB, melee, L-shift. I can't remember how many times I lose to Hanzo in close quarters because Hanzo can spam arrows and they do so much damage.
-Extremely long cooldown time on main escape (L-shift)
If you watched the linked guides you will see that his swift attack is supposed to be a finisher. When you kill with it it is reset. Also his shurikens are great damage if you head shot.

I suck with him personally but he has killed me many times. I agree his footsteps should be near silent.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BusterAg
AG
I mostly only use him to kill bastions and turrets, or as an ambusher when players are attacking the tanks.

And, the swift attack is reset ANY time you get a kill. So, if you rush in with the swift attack, throws some shurikens, and melee to get a kill on an already injured opponent, you can use the swift attack again to escape.

I like playing tracer a lot better, but he is a good choice on some levels due to the fact that his swift can launch him up, and is also a great choice against any team with a bastion.
Cromagnum
AG
I will be gaming it up tonight. Wife has to work and this game seems to have a high WAF (Wife Aggrivation Factor) so I have not had much opportujity to play these last few days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.