Official Overwatch Thread

57,923 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PC: RegalBeagle#11345

Still learning but getting better. I'll be gone for a few weeks but would love to really get into it when I get back.
3rdGen2015
AG
First round of balance changes are here.

McCree:
FTH damaged reduced from 70 to 45. Reload after FTH reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds (not sure why this happened)

Widowmaker:
-Sniper shot damaged reduced from a base of 15 to 12. Note that the multipliers for charge are still the same.
-Headshot multiplier increased from 2 to 2.5. This makes it so that headshot damage is still the same as it was, but body shots aren't as lethal.
-Ult cost increased by 10%.
-Fixed a bug with being able to rescope before the unscoping animation finished.
Forum Troll
AG
FTH nerf definitely needed. As a Genji player, I still think his flashbang radius is too large but one change at a time is good.

I hadn't run into widowmaker being a huge issue but the forums are full of widowmaker complaints.

The only other character I feel might need a slight nerf is Roadhog. His chain has incredible range and a huge hitbox. Maybe a slight nerf to Torbjorn turrets as well. They have 100% accuracy, can turn 360 degrees, and have no lag.

DVa needs a damage buff. I think Genji could do with a slight damage buff to main attack as well.
FatZilla
AG
Genji needs his right click changed to a strong melee sword attack. Cant count the number of times i get in close and run out of shurikens and have no secondary attack for close range.
Sentinel
AG
He has a melee like the others.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
He has a melee like the others.
You mean his long cool down dash or just the normal melee punch type attack? Neither of which i think cover what i mean. Replace his spread throw with an in close and personal strike.
Predmid
AG
He has that. His ult. If you add a melee strike on top of it, his ult is diminished in value.
Thunder18
AG
His ult is trash anyways IMO
AtlAg05
AG
Torbjorns turret could use having the turn speed reduced.
benMath08
AG
quote:
What? Genji's ult is incredibly powerful.
VonDownByTheRiver
People playing Genji and not realizing he has a melee dash
FatZilla
AG
quote:
quote:
What? Genji's ult is incredibly powerful.
Its really not though. It requires 2 hits to kill most normal characters, with 3+ for tanks of your limited strikes. You have to be in melee range (Only character for this). Genji himself is extremely squishy already and requiring him to be in melee range is not the best for that. His entire play style is to stay away and throw **** at you/deflect attacks and maby get 1 quick strike for a kill and then run away again. His Ult is against his normal play style. He needs a secondary melee attack to help his close range to increase his melee play style if they plan on keeping his Ult a melee range strike.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
People playing Genji and not realizing he has a melee dash
We know he does, except it has long cool down if you don't get a kill. I don't consider that a repeatable melee strike.
Hagen95
AG
Yeah his ult is awesome but you have to be in close and that makes you vulnerable, similar to Reaper's ultimate.

What is really sweet is a coordinated ultimate attack with genji. For instance, a Mei ultimate dropped on a group coupled with genji's dragon sword can dominate a payload group.

It's remarkably different running groups that are talking. We got rolled last night on a map by a group that was obviously coordinating. Many times the maps come down to the last minute overtime battle extravaganza and who can survive.
Predmid
AG
quote:
2 hits to kill most normal characters, with 3+ for tanks of your limited strikes

You don't attack the tanks with genji.

You go after their squishies and pop them in 1 hit + dash.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:
2 hits to kill most normal characters, with 3+ for tanks of your limited strikes

You don't attack the tanks with genji.

You go after their squishies and pop them in 1 hit + dash.
This. Genji is built to be a back line flanker, not a front line brawler.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Man if I had a Genji + mercy on my hip every time I was a Reinhardt, I would be so stoked.
joemeister
AG
Genji is an incredible class but requires a lot of practice to master. They don't need to make everything ezmode. Those melee attacks also have a much larger range then you probably realize.

The only ultimate right now that takes no skill to pull off and has no counter is Hanzo.
Predmid
AG
quote:
Genji is an incredible class but requires a lot of practice to master. They don't need to make everything ezmode. Those melee attacks also have a much larger range then you probably realize.

The only ultimate right now that takes no skill to pull off and has no counter is Hanzo.

and mei. and black widow. and lucio. and symmetra. and a lot of others.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
quote:

and mei. and black widow. and lucio. and symmetra. and a lot of others.

Mei - Run out of it, you have small time window to escape PLUS she has to throw is exactly where it needs to be to capture people
BW - True, its fire and forget but its non-damaging
Lucio - Line of sight and quickly fades away
Sym - Have to play this right or it gets killed asap. Only 6 charges i believe as well.

Almost every ult has a way to counter it or has requirements for effective use.
AtlAg05
AG
I need to see if there is anything for widow to counter a pesky tracer. Played a few games last night where their sole mission was me.

KidDoc
AG
quote:
I need to see if there is anything for widow to counter a pesky tracer. Played a few games last night where their sole mission was me.

The only good counter for that is to run away towards your team IMO. Hook away!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
txag2k
AG
quote:

Ya we got owned last night
FatZilla
AG
quote:

Poison trap is 80 dmg i think? Using that + running and hip firing is your only bet to kill a tracer. I love playing Junkrat and having a tracer challenge me. Drop a trap as i run or turn a corner and SNAP, then i just peak back around and throw a bomb into tracer face for a dead tracer.
AtlAg05
AG
Yea I would always drop the mine and spray/pray in her general direction. Didn't work most times
Forum Troll
AG
quote:
Run to your team because Widow doesn't really have a good counter to Tracer 1v1. Tracer and Genji are widow's counter.
Predmid
AG
quote:
quote:
Run to your team because Widow doesn't really have a good counter to Tracer 1v1. Tracer and Genji are widow's counter.

You do what we do.

Run.
Forum Troll
AG
This is what I do as Genji when I see Winston coming after me.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Yeah there are some hard counters were one hero is clearly favored. Genji is countered hard by Mei, Winston, and Symmetra mostly. THey all have beams that do not require aim and cannot be reflected.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Predmid
AG
Reaper shreds tanks.

Hard.
GradChemist
quote:

Your main counter against tracer is poison trap and grappling hook. Tracer can't dash veritcally, so as long as you can get on a new platform, you're in a much better position. The biggest challenge is not getting yourself flanked by the tracer in the first place.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah there are some hard counters were one hero is clearly favored. Genji is countered hard by Mei, Winston, and Symmetra mostly. THey all have beams that do not require aim and cannot be reflected.

Mei stills takes aiming, especially if you want to kill someone.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mei stills takes aiming, especially if you want to kill someone.
Yeah that is true but even my old self can aim at a head frozen solidl 8) Now the farther targets with Mei I usually go for the big tanks, turrets, bastion.
joemeister
AG
Best play of the game ever?

AtlAg05
AG
Have to love those POTG where torbjorn dies and you get to see them respawned while the turret kills everything.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.