Official Overwatch Thread

56,692 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hanzo arrow spam is very frustrating, unless you're Hanzo. I don't play Hanzo much, not enough action for my tastes.

Of course they have to nerf McCree some more.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
quote:
What are they changing about Junkrat?

ALso I would like to see Zen's healing orb bumped a bit. It is pretty dang slow.
Genji can't dash through a Junkrat trap any more.

This change alone is worth a patch. Had countless traps destroyed and then myself due to that bull**** charge. Now fear my balls of death genji's, there gonna go explody all over your head!
Naveronski
AG
Dance party? Dance party.

Gangnam Style
AG
The Overwatch World Cup rosters have been announced. The US has pretty solid team (Seagull, ster, Talespin, Adam, Gods, MESR). It should be a fun tournament to watch!

Overwatch World Cup Rosters
Predmid
AG
KidDoc
AG
quote:

Pretty funny especially the awful recorder playing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AtlAg05
AG
The tree as the arrow because of the ridiculous hit box, that was awesome!
txag2k
AG
quote:
The tree as the arrow because of the ridiculous hit box, that was awesome!

Agreed. The whole thing was pretty funny though.
MBAR
AG
Man, not having competitive really makes this game boring!
MBAR
AG
Season 2 is live!
tallgrant
Ugh...forget how rough solo queue is on placement night.
MBAR
AG
I'm 2-0 soloquing so far. First game I picked RH and pretty much carried, 2nd I went Zenyatta and Lucio. It is rough, though.
tallgrant
Hope it holds up. I got 2 teams that liked trickling into the objective one at a time.
KidDoc
AG
Yeah season 1 qualifications were a pain but it is only 10 games. Sadly College football started as well so I won't be playing much until Monday or Sunday.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MBAR
AG
I got 5 matches in tonight, went 4-0-1. LOL, got my first draw. I never played DPS in those matches, always support or tank.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Did they change the way OT works?
fta09
AG
Link to patch notes
quote:
Sudden Death is also going away in Season 2. Instead, matches that are tied when the clock runs out end in a drawthough, it should be a rare occurrence. Because of this, we've made some changes to our game modes in Competitive Play to help reduce the chance that a draw can happen.
That is for competitive. Not sure about quick play. I have not yet had a chance to play.
3rdGen2015
AG
I got my 10 placements in last night. Biggest thing I took out of it was thank all that is good that the coin flip is gone. It just felt so much more fair without it.

I got placed mid-high Platinum tier (~2850 rating) after going 8-2 in placements playing most of those with Zarya and Zen. I'm hoping that I can break into Diamond tier on Monday after I get back from College Station this weekend.

Also, be aware of the change to Mei's ult. I got caught up in it a few times because I just haven't adjusted to its radius yet. Definitely a good change for her though.
joemeister
AG
quote:
mid-high Platinum tier (~2850 rating) after going 8-2 in placements
What was your competitive rank last season? I'm curios to know what the old ranks are going to equate to in the new system.
KidDoc
AG
quote:
I got my 10 placements in last night. Biggest thing I took out of it was thank all that is good that the coin flip is gone. It just felt so much more fair without it.

I got placed mid-high Platinum tier (~2850 rating) after going 8-2 in placements playing most of those with Zarya and Zen. I'm hoping that I can break into Diamond tier on Monday after I get back from College Station this weekend.

Also, be aware of the change to Mei's ult. I got caught up in it a few times because I just haven't adjusted to its radius yet. Definitely a good change for her though.
Very nice! I will probably work on my Sunday morning and Monday pretty busy with football stuff the next two days. I was 61 or 62 or so at the end of season one should be interesting.
Cromagnum
AG
I went 6-4 because 3 of my teams were full of Jerry's kids, and lost one heart breaker. I'm relegated to gold rank with the rest of the rejects (equivalent to low 40s from Season 1). Hopefully i can climb my way out to Platinum.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:
mid-high Platinum tier (~2850 rating) after going 8-2 in placements
What was your competitive rank last season? I'm curios to know what the old ranks are going to equate to in the new system.
Highest was 55, mostly hovered between 50-53. I haven't seen a lot of information about how everything correlates though.
3rdGen2015
AG
Based on what I'm reading on Reddit, the ranking system is really conservative so the initial ranking is nowhere near what it thinks your skill ceiling should be. Apparently it has been pretty common for 60+ players to be placed between 2600-2800. That makes me feel good, I definitely felt like I was better than the majority of my teammates last season in terms of just straight understanding of the game, not necessarily mechanics.
3rdGen2015
AG
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrU_HyKUsAACDEy.jpg:large

I don't know how accurate this really is, but for reference.
AtlAg05
AG
Will Munny and I got stuck with a tool in two straight matches. Complained that no one would go tank even though there was a Roadhog.

Next match he wouldn't leave the spawn point on attack or defense because there weren't tanks. We eventually had 2.

Think I'm sitting at 2-5 currently.
MBAR
AG
I got 2600 when I finished up. Kinda meh.
Predmid
AG
i had unbelievably bad comps in a bunch of my placements.

torbs on attack. a hanzo every. single. game.

at least i had a 54 elimination game on phara and hard carried on ilios one time.
KidDoc
AG
quote:

at least i had a 54 elimination game on phara and hard carried on ilios one time.
54 holy moley that is crazy
Hagen95
AG
quote:
Will Munny and I got stuck with a tool in two straight matches. Complained that no one would go tank even though there was a Roadhog.

Next match he wouldn't leave the spawn point on attack or defense because there weren't tanks. We eventually had 2.

Think I'm sitting at 2-5 currently.
This guy was such a tool. Even the other team acknowledged it. And we nearly won without him!
MBAR
AG
quote:

Hanzo isn't too bad now. But lol at attack torb. Only thing worse is attack symetra.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
quote:

Hanzo isn't too bad now. But lol at attack torb. Only thing worse is attack symetra.

But you don't know hilarious until you see an Ana-ulted attack Sym.
AtlAg05
AG
The attack symmetra can work, but it's quite difficult. Mostly on control points where you can get your attackers back on point quickly.

I'm sure the torb are just trying to copy seagulls technique for flanking with a turret.
chigger
AG
Anyone going to be on tonight for placement matches? just did soloq and it didnt go well... be nice to do some with some of you guys...

Phatigue#1806
KidDoc
AG
quote:
Anyone going to be on tonight for placement matches? just did soloq and it didnt go well... be nice to do some with some of you guys...

Phatigue#1806
I'll probably finish mine tomorrow but I'm 0-5-1 so far after getting to 61 last season so not going well. The matchmaking is really bad. I've had 3 games were it was six solo people and the other team had groups or 2 or more. If there are two groups of two why put them on the same team? Seems very simple.

No biggie though I'll just start at bronze and climb up. The placement matches were painful season one as well.
MBAR
AG
I've lost about 250 points since my placement matches. A few times, I haven't played well and I legit cost my team an easy win by getting off the payload stupidly once. But most times, its just frustrating as ***** I really should just never solo q.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.