Official Overwatch Thread

57,994 Views | 786 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Plays of the game are a joke though. 90% of them are Junkrat tire bombing 2 people. Ive seen way cooler stuff that doesnt get ang accolades.

I've gotten a few with Hanzo and DVA. Trying to figure out if a support player like Mercy can get one.

I have gotten it twice with zenyatta but he is the most offensive of the 4

Symmetra's gun is pretty amazing I've had several multi kill play of the games with her +turrets.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hagen95
AG
I am finally warming up to Hanzo due to his ease at one shot killing in a choke point. I got POTG for killing two guys with one shot. Hilarious.

Some games I just like the brainless joy of rocketing around dropping rockets with Pharah. So many of the players are like Khan and play in two dimensions only.

Tracer is super annoying but I do like sneaking up behind snipers and attaching the bomb to them. Too bad I'm not very good at the bomb attachment technique.

A group of us played 6v6 roadhog only on a map last night. Awesome fun.
Thunder18
AG
We had a group run 6 Zenyattas and win on Dorado...6 Roadhogs sounds insane! We tried 6 Reinhardts but Junkrats & Pharas wrecked us
Cromagnum
AG
Could always do 6 McKrees and then it will always be High Noon.
Hagen95
AG
We did the 6 McKrees after the 6 Roadhogs and it was a glorious scene fit for Tombstone itself.
hassan10s
AG
Do people not play with mics at all?
Sentinel
AG
I'm usually in a party.
Gerald Tarrant
finally bought Overwatch, been maining Reinhardt and D.VA and having a blast
Hagen95
AG
We usually have a group chat running rather than the team channel. A few games have had people using the team channel.
hassan10s
AG
Ahh that makes sense I guess. Looks like I need to find a group.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
We did the 6 McKrees after the 6 Roadhogs and it was a glorious scene fit for Tombstone itself.

I want to do a 6 vs 6 Winston battle and watch the chaos ensue.
Naveronski
AG
Anyone using Pharah?
Gangnam Style
AG
quote:
Anyone using Pharah?
Yep, got about 3 hours of playtime with her.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
quote:

I want to do a 6 vs 6 Winston battle and watch the chaos ensue.

Did it before on weekly brawl. No one died easily,so many red monkey ultimates jumping around.
hassan10s
AG
Find myself using her pretty often. Great for neutralizing reinhardts and turrets when they're not paying attention.
Cromagnum
AG

Cromagnum
AG
Not sure what's going on here, but it's either in game or a very good render.

LOL.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

Cromagnum
AG
Pharah needs a Samus costume.
FatZilla
AG
quote:
Pharah needs a Samus costume.

As long as i can get an Eric Cartman skin for Roadhog.
Tex117
AG
quote:
Anyone using Pharah?
I do as well.

Probably my favorite attacker. Especially on maps (or parts of the map) that are outside, or where the teams start bunching up.
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
We had a group run 6 Zenyattas and win on Dorado...6 Roadhogs sounds insane! We tried 6 Reinhardts but Junkrats & Pharas wrecked us

Yesterday, I ran with a group that did 6 Soldier 76s on offense on a payload map. We wrecked the other team so badly. Soldier 76 is a great all around hero to stack. Group healing + sprint + decently strong hit scan weapon = profit.
VonDownByTheRiver
quote:
Not sure what's going on here, but it's either in game or a very good render.

LOL.

The in game models have already been exported out to the creepsters that rule 34 this stuff.
Bigsteve713
AG
BoozeRolton #1728

for anyone playing on Battle.net
GradChemist
I'd like to find some people to play with on PC. Seems like I always get matched up against premades when playing solo.

ultimatequix#1622
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
After playing with Mei for about a week I'm sold she's the best character in the game. I had played with her for a few days before I really understood that she's just as deadly from long range as she is at crowd control.

If I get into a one on one with anyone besides Tracer I've got a 90% chance of coming out on top. It's so easy to just freeze someone and get an easy headshot with her ice bolt. And with her freeze and self-heal move she might be one of the toughest characters to kill one on one in the game.

Characters I attend to dominate with her are Roadhog (big target and slow, easy to freeze, nullifies hook grab when I can just freeze into a block of ice as soon as I'm grabbed), Hanzo (his bow charge takes too long and Mei's small target is hard to hit), Soldier 76, Gengi (can't deflect freeze gun), and DVA.

She's super weak against Bastion though. Honestly the character I might struggle with the most might be other Meis.
AtlAg05
AG
Pharah's knockback would be a good counter, unfortunately I always forget to use it.

For the record, I hate Mei with a passion.
benMath08
AG
Mei's countered pretty hard by widowmaker although if you've got good enough aim on the right click you can at least make it a contest. Mccree can one-shot her with the flashbang-rightclick combo but it sounds like that might be getting nerfed. Reinhardt's shield will prevent you from freezing anyone. Reaper is pretty much an even fight, whoever starts losing just hits shift. Soldier 76 does well as long as you keep her at medium range (which is what he wants to do against all classes anyways).

I agree she's pretty strong but I think most of the characters are "pretty strong".
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
quote:
Mei's countered pretty hard by widowmaker although if you've got good enough aim on the right click you can at least make it a contest. Mccree can one-shot her with the flashbang-rightclick combo but it sounds like that might be getting nerfed. Reinhardt's shield will prevent you from freezing anyone. Reaper is pretty much an even fight, whoever starts losing just hits shift. Soldier 76 does well as long as you keep her at medium range (which is what he wants to do against all classes anyways).

I agree she's pretty strong but I think most of the characters are "pretty strong".
I was going to put McCree's flashbang combo as a weakness to Mei but it's really something that does the same to every character. If I get Widowmaker one on one I'll win everytime. Being able to put up an ice wall to take away sniping lanes for her is great too.

I've has the most success with Mei, Symmetra, and McCree so far.
benMath08
AG
I'm not sure why you'd say you win every time against a widowmaker unless they're bad. You're both trying for headshots but she has a scope, larger clip, and more damage. Putting up the icewall just delays the widow a bit.
Thunder18
AG
Mei, Junkrat & Soldier 76 are my favorites right now, particularly on defense
Cromagnum
AG
Right now I get wrecked no matter who I pick. It seems like no matter what I do I run up against my characters hard counter and get demolished. Only really having any luck with Widow atm.

I liked last weeks brawl arcade. This one sucks. I cant stand playing as either Genzi or Honzo.
wee_ag
AG
So the consensus on the game overall is... Thumbs up?
Tex117
AG
quote:
So the consensus on the game overall is... Thumbs up?

Its good clean fun.

Worth 60 bucks? I dunno

Lucio is legit awesome as a support character. Ive done little trials where I will pick Lucio (where he is the only support on the team), and games I wont (where there wont be a Lucio at all). Games where I pick Lucio it seems we usually win. Games were we don't, we lose.

Maybe it was just the time frame I was playing...but I seem to see a noticeable difference.

Teams I've been on where there is a Lucio and a Mercy... a good tank and 3 solid attackers....Its a quick win so long as folks understand when to push an objective.
Tex117
AG
Of course, support is always thankless and the "Attackers" think we won due to their amazing shooting skills and ability to stay alive..... :/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.