Shots fired at Trump, suspect in custody

70,643 Views | 639 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by RGLAG85
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Black Swan said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

And just like that, this is a non-story. This is why you wait until you get the facts from someone other a campaign that isn't known for being all that factual.

Just WHAT did the campaign put out that wasn't factual?

Go ahead

It suggests that the shots had something to do with Trump. Even this thread took the bait. "Shots fired AT Trump". Don jr with his "Again folks" message. The campaign had no idea this has anything to do with Trump but knew they could get political traction (which this thread proves they were right) so they spread the word and hoped the base would run with it. It did.

So the shots had nothing to do with Trump?

From what they are saying, all shots were fired by Secret Service. The guy is only charged with a gun crime and seemingly never fired it.

Why did secret service fire on him?
The secret service agent who was scouting one hole ahead of Trump saw the barrel of the rifle sticking out of the bushes. So he fired at the guy.
Just an Ag
AG
Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

And just like that, this is a non-story. This is why you wait until you get the facts from someone other a campaign that isn't known for being all that factual.

Go ahead

It suggests that the shots had something to do with Trump. Even this thread took the bait. "Shots fired AT Trump". Don jr with his "Again folks" message. The campaign had no idea this has anything to do with Trump but knew they could get political traction (which this thread proves they were right) so they spread the word and hoped the base would run with it. It did.

From what they are saying, all shots were fired by Secret Service. The guy is only charged with a gun crime and seemingly never fired it.
It makes one appear foolish, and is a denial of reality, to minimize the serious threat and intent to assassinate by this person.
eric76
AG
nortex97 said:

Not concurrently. Once he got usss he had to discontinue the private security detail.
Thanks.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
Gator92
AG
Right turn arrow points to the opening in the fence...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/SUFDqSR9m5ebxbp39

aginlakeway
AG
Gator92 said:

Wow.
TexasAggie_02
AG
if that is where he was, then where did he park? there's nowhere to park there except the gas station further down. how did he get a rifle there without being seen?
suburban cowboy
AG
what are the odds
ChemEng94
AG
Didn't his cell phone say he was at the course at 1 or 2am? I guess that is how he got his stuff close. Moved it over at night when no one was around and basically have it staged so he could just walk over later.
fasthorse05
Texas velvet maestro said:

Why doesn't Trump have his own security detail? Until 2 assassination attempts ago, I knew he had a SS detail, but I always assumed he had his own crack people around. Do the Feds not work in tandem w private hires?
I'd actually like to know how much it would cost/day?

My guess is probably $100k/day, but that's a complete shot in the dark (so to speak). It would be so difficult for me (Trump) to make that expense when I'm already on the hook for $120 million in attorneys expenses?

Someone like an Erik Prince. I'm sure there's plenty around.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
Dallas82
Just an Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

It makes one appear foolish, and is a denial of reality, to minimize the serious threat and intent to assassinate by this person.

Absolutely not minimizing the threat. Glad the SS shot at him. But how many breathless posts, tweets, and whatever you call stuff on truth came out saying someone shot at Trump? All before anyone knew what happened. I've worked for a newspaper in the past and right after something happens is the worst time to start telling people what happened. But we all do it all the time.
backintexas2013
AG
Glad you are now admitting something happened.
whatthehey78
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

if that is where he was, then where did he park? there's nowhere to park there except the gas station further down. how did he get a rifle there without being seen?
His cell phone "pinged" from that location starting at 2:00 AM that morning. He likely moved his "stuff" in, in the dark and few (if any) witnesses to observe him.

This would indicate "he KNEW" DJT would be there IN ADVANCE and did not follow him there, as some have suggested.

ADVANCE KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Eddie Murray would say..."Can you say co-conspirator" who provided inside information.
Psycho Bunny
Dallas82 said:

Just an Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

Absolutely not minimizing the threat. Glad the SS shot at him. But how many breathless posts, tweets, and whatever you call stuff on truth came out saying someone shot at Trump? All before anyone knew what happened. I've worked for a newspaper in the past and right after something happens is the worst time to start telling people what happened. But we all do it all the time.

Worked for a news paper. Well if that ain't the best use of the phrase "tell me you're a liberal without telling me you're a liberal.
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
Shoefly!
AG
Dallas82 said:

Just an Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

The first I heard about this the msm reported shots outside golf course, gangbangers possibly. So go tell it to your people.
Rapier108
whatthehey78 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

His cell phone "pinged" from that location starting at 2:00 AM that morning. He likely moved his "stuff" in, in the dark and few (if any) witnesses to observe him.

This would indicate "he KNEW" DJT would be there IN ADVANCE and did not follow him there, as some have suggested.

Or he knew Trump played golf a lot and was hoping the opportunity presented itself.

If it didn't, he'd try again.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Gator92
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

In the latest presser, Sheriff stated he was near the 6th green. 6th green is on the SE corner of the course near the intersection of Summit Blvd and S Congress. I street viewed everything around the 6th and this the only opening I can see. It faces west from S Congress.

VP at Pierce and Pierce
Shoefly! said:

Dallas82 said:

Just an Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

The first I heard about this the msm reported shots outside golf course, gangbangers possibly. So go tell it to your people.
Only the south side of Chicago has more gang bangers than MAL.
Shoefly!
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Shoefly! said:

Dallas82 said:

Just an Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

Only the south side of Chicago has more gang bangers than MAL.

Yes, I've been told both places are sheetholes.
agwrestler
AG
Tom Fox said:

rackmonster said:

I think we can all agree its time for an Assault Weapons Ban.

We'll call it the "Donald Trump Assassination Prevention Act".....

I'm sure everyone here will be onboard.
Yeah no. But I do want to see a photo of this "scoped" AK. Such an odd choice.

SIAP if mentioned already...
SVD Druganov fits the description and would be a capable platform for his goal.
eric76
AG
Gator92 said:

That is an opening in the shrubbery, but is that where he was located?

If he was trying to stay hidden, why would he stand in an opening. At least some news reports said that a Secret Service agent saw the rifle barrel sticking out from the shrubbery.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
catfan
Another AK-47
agwrestler
AG
Rex Racer said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

The secret service agent who was scouting one hole ahead of Trump saw the barrel of the rifle sticking out of the bushes. So he fired at the guy.

Dude, make a call back to the main group to hold up and take cover, then maneuver for a better (safer for bystanders ) shot.

SS communication continues to disappoint.
aginlakeway
AG
Dallas82 said:

Just an Ag said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

You said before that "this is a non-story."

Have you changed your position on that?
Psycho Bunny
agwrestler said:

Rex Racer said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

Dude, make a call back to the main group to hold up and take cover, then maneuver for a better (safer for bystanders ) shot.

Mean while, a bunch of county boys from the holler could do a better job at protecting Trump than the SS.
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
BuddysBud
AG
agwrestler said:

Rex Racer said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

It seems like shooting toward someone in the direction of a public street would be a great way to injure or kill an innocent person driving behind the shooter.

Your suggestion makes a lot more sense.
Gator92
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Been reported his phone was located in the area from 2am to when the shots were fired Sunday.

Across the street is a 7-11 and Marathon Gas station that is out of business.
American Hardwood
AG
agwrestler said:

Tom Fox said:

rackmonster said:

I think we can all agree its time for an Assault Weapons Ban.

We'll call it the "Donald Trump Assassination Prevention Act".....

I'm sure everyone here will be onboard.
Yeah no. But I do want to see a photo of this "scoped" AK. Such an odd choice.

SIAP if mentioned already...
SVD Druganov fits the description and would be a capable platform for his goal.
I'm late to the story so I don't know if this has been discussed or the answers know, but I have some questions.

1. How long was he in Florida?
2. When did he obtain the rifle?
3. Did he take it to a range and sight it in?
4. Even though a rifle like the Druganov is capable, any hunting rifle would be just as capable and probably far easier to obtain, still seems an odd choice. Why this type of rifle?
Gator92
AG
eric76 said:

Gator92 said:

That is an opening in the shrubbery, but is that where he was located?

If he was trying to stay hidden, why would he stand in an opening. At least some news reports said that a Secret Service agent saw the rifle barrel sticking out from the shrubbery.
We don't know from what direction this pic is taken. Wether inside or outside the fence. In above pic you can zoom in and see there is nothing but a 3.5' chain link fence. Maybe he was inside the fence near the above opening.

whatthehey78
AG
Rapier108 said:

whatthehey78 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Or he knew Trump played golf a lot and was hoping the opportunity presented itself.

If it didn't, he'd try again.
So you imagine he would hang around in the bushes with his gear based on a "maybe/maybe not" for 1, 2, 3, 4, ?, ?, ? days. Being that DJT is on the campaign trail much more often than he plays golf...me thinks not. The suspect is obviously not the sharpest knife in the cabinet...but, he's not insane.
suburban cowboy
AG
Stop kidding yourself and wake-up… this guy's handler knew exactly what he was up to
Wheatables02
AG
SKS
catfan
Trump is usually on his closest golf course on Sunday afternoons. Both would be assassins went after him with AK-47s.
Shoefly!
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

agwrestler said:

Rex Racer said:

Fat Black Swan said:

Dallas82 said:

aginlakeway said:

Dallas82 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Dallas82 said:

Go ahead

Mean while, a bunch of county boys from the holler could do a better job at protecting Trump than the SS.

Tripwires and homemade bangalores!
Rapier108
catfan said:

Trump is usually on his closest golf course on Sunday afternoons. Both would be assassins went after him with AK-47s.
First guy had an AR-15.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
swampstander
AG
Gator92 said:

I think that might be a Saiga.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.