So how is the French Olympics going......

83,212 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Squadron7
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
deddog said:

Raiderjay said:

and more WTF is that....

Holy cow.

How are you not embarrassed if you're French

Also embarrassing: Being French
ReloadAg
AG
I started watching with my kids and we made it about 30 minutes in and we all said "well we're out"
cavjock88
AG
Burrus86 said:

What sport do the Oompa Loompas participate in for the Olympics?

Sustained free float. Shoe in for French gold.
Rapier108
Evanhue said:

What did Jesus ever do to them to cause them to want to mock him so vehemently?
He called out sin and told people to repent and sin no more.

Deep down, they know they are sinners and need to repent, but like many people, they will respond with the opposite, despite knowing what they need to do is the right thing.

Despite their rejection, Jesus still loves them, and will forgive them in an instant if they ask for it, if they are sincere in their repentance. If they don't, they will answer for it when they stand before him.

Also, when it comes to the alphabet soup crowd, when one defines their existence by whom they have sex with, and their sexual proclivities, they see any condemnation as a personal attack. They cannot understand that Jesus loves them, but he hates their sin (as he hates the sin of every single human on this planet). They simply cannot separate action from person, so they see hating their sin as hating them.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
OdessaAg
AG
Surrender already…
tysker
AG
Raiderjay said:

Well starting off with a mockery of the Last Supper......

The whole country has buried the memory of Charlie Hebdo
annie88
AG
cslifer said:

They ruled it to be an accidental fire but were unable to rule if it was smoking or electrical. You seem to think that it was intentional. It was not.
You don't know that it wasn't intentional. You were not there and you don't know.

Not too hard to drop a cigarette and people have been known to hotwire things.

• Investigators in 2020 believed the fire to have been "started by either a cigarette or a short circuit in the electrical system".

But you think after Charlie Hebdo they would really want to do something that might inflame so many.

Your definitive statement is not proof. The truth is no one really knows if it was intentional they're speculating.

And you don't seem outraged all about the Christian and Jewish bashing on the Olympics or around our country right now, Weird. Most of the violence we are seeing is one way.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
ReloadAg said:

I started watching with my kids and we made it about 30 minutes in and we all said "well we're out"
I'm going to check back in later when more of the teams are going by and see what they do with the end. This stuff is just bizarre way overdone and so far a big ass waste of time.

But isn't that sad. When I was a kid, we loved to watch the Olympic open ceremonies and you would never see anything that you would be embarrassed by or you wouldn't want your kids to see.

Those days are sadly over.
Fight Fight Fight.
BadMoonRisin
AG
This **** look like the mf hunger games, not gonna lie.

can we just have their ******ed trans kids start shooting at the other districts ****** trans kids and get this all over with? It would be over in a week, and then we can nod our heads and return to normalcy.

Fat losers and gender confused peoples are awarded an extra 4 rations per week for your family, rewarded upon return of their ****ty-looking nosering deals and awful tattoo'd skins.

Problem solves itself.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I thought this was a Kamala cabinet meeting
annie88
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

This **** look like the mf hunger games, not gonna lie.

can we just have their ******ed trans kids start shooting at the other districts ****** trans kids and get this all over with? It would be over in a week, and then we can nod our heads and return to normalcy.

Fat losers and gender confused peoples are awarded an extra 4 rations per week for your family, rewarded upon return of their ****ty-looking nosering deals and awful tattoo'd skins.

Problem solves itself.
Oddly I enjoyed the hunger games movies. I remember when I first heard about them and it was books about kids killing each other in some big game. I thought yikes. But the movies were pretty good. Just kind of suspend reality for those types of things, obviously I don't wanna see children killing other children in real life.

But I see what you mean about the weird costumes.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Fight Fight Fight.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
kingj3 said:

Can someone explain it to me like I'm 5 how it mocked Christ? I didn't get it

Are you that naive?
tysker
AG

cslifer
Of course none of us were there. The Paris prosecutor's office said they found no evidence of an intentional act. Investigation narrowed it down to likely smoking or electrical. Not everything is a conspiracy. Tragic accidents happen.
Kenneth_2003
AG
One thing I will give them credit for.
I've never been, but Paris is a beautiful city. I appreciate the way they're making the city the venue with the opening ceremony and not trying to recreate the city and cultural icons with props inside the main stadium.

But some of this is confusing as hell!

Wait, Minions are French?
one safe place
annie88 said:

AggDogg61 said:

They eat snails, so they are messed up in the head.
People in the south eat frogs, no pun intended.

I've been to France before and Paris too, and I would not even try them. Just couldn't bring myself too. I also won't eat frog legs either.
I would eat fried frog legs three nights a week if I could (only ones we catch, not Chinese imports) but not going to eat snails. Seems like they would be like firm snot. When I was in France I never saw snails being served or eaten, but I am sure they were on the menu, lol.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
one safe place said:

Should have let the Nazis have them.

I feel like we should have stayed out of WW1 and let the Central Powers win. It would have avoided so many problems. Woodrow Wilson can burn in hell.
annie88
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

I've never been, but Paris is a beautiful city. I appreciate the way they're making the city the venue with the opening ceremony and not trying to recreate the city and cultural icons with props inside the main stadium.

I was there in 1999 and it is a beautiful city. I mean, of course every city has their slum areas but when you're in the main part kind of near the Louve it is gorgeous. The streets were impeccable they were clean the people in general were nice even though I was told they wouldn't be. They were a few people we ran across that were kind of snooty and weren't really crazy about Americans, but for the most part, they were good.

And it was pretty cool to go up on the Eiffel Tower and look around the city. They have a few more taller buildings now, but they had this restriction at that time where things could not be very tall so almost every building you could see was the same height or lower.

Did not like the French food though. They cook all their meat so rare they're practically bleeding and mooing and all their sauces are really sweet and thick and rich. I like the Italian food much better.

I've been back to France since then, but not Paris. I liked more of the country rural areas of France better. I'm heading to Europe in September will be in Normandy and some other places in France along the band of brothers WWII trip. Should be nice.

But I'm more of an Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Norway kind of person.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
one safe place said:

annie88 said:

AggDogg61 said:

They eat snails, so they are messed up in the head.
People in the south eat frogs, no pun intended.

I've been to France before and Paris too, and I would not even try them. Just couldn't bring myself too. I also won't eat frog legs either.
I would eat fried frog legs three nights a week if I could (only ones we catch, not Chinese imports) but not going to eat snails. Seems like they would be like firm snot. When I was in France I never saw snails being served or eaten, but I am sure they were on the menu, lol.
I saw them. A friend of ours that we ate dinner with one night had them and he wanted me to try one, but I was like nope. I remember them having a lot of garlic on them because they smell very strong. But I still wouldn't eat frog legs.
Fight Fight Fight.
Bigballin
AG
escargot my car go 160 swiftly...

Similar to what was said already, but I would eat frog legs at least once a week if i could and on the other days eat snails with some French bread.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
These people are idiots, that crap got turned off in my house. I'd be pissed if I paid money for advertising.
one safe place
Kenneth_2003 said:

I didn't find Paris beautiful at all, just another big city. Some of the tourist stuff was worth taking a look at, but nothing about the place did I find beautiful. Much more enjoyed Soissons and Verdun and other smaller places.
Owlagdad
I was going to watch some this time around, but will pass now.
Not interested watching new sports of break dancing and sodomy.
VaultingChemist
AG
annie88 said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Roll the Bones said:

What the actual **** is that?
A collection of soulless, henonistic, deviant and degenerate freaks. They are not happy inside. They are rotten miserable. They will die lonely. I hope at least one of them eventually finds Christ.
Hey, at least they showed Notre-Dame de Paris in the background.

Sure is taking them a long time to rebuild it, but there was a lot to do I guess.

Edited.
Why were all the "workers" on the scaffolding around Notre Dame female?
annie88
AG
The Olympics opening ceremony, not going over real well.

Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

I hope Simone Biles, who has spent half of her entire life dedicated to competition and gymnastics, gets dominated in every single category by SipMoan "BALLZ", a super strong trans woman that decided 3 weeks ago that she would throw xer hat in the ring to represent for all the strong tranxwomenz out there and robs her of every single medal she thinks she has "earned".

What a gay ******ed world we live in now...

Thanks liberals.
Dammit. The Olympics are going to allow trans people to compete?

So men winning women's events.
Fight Fight Fight.
Kenneth_2003
AG
VaultingChemist said:

annie88 said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Roll the Bones said:

A collection of soulless, henonistic, deviant and degenerate freaks. They are not happy inside. They are rotten miserable. They will die lonely. I hope at least one of them eventually finds Christ.
Hey, at least they showed Notre-Dame de Paris in the background.

Sure is taking them a long time to rebuild it, but there was a lot to do I guess.

Edited.
Why were all the "workers" on the scaffolding around Notre Dame female?

It was a dance/performance group
annie88
AG
cslifer said:

Of course none of us were there. The Paris prosecutor's office said they found no evidence of an intentional act. Investigation narrowed it down to likely smoking or electrical. Not everything is a conspiracy. Tragic accidents happen.
I never said it was conspiracy.

I said it may have been intentionally set.
Fight Fight Fight.
Kenneth_2003
AG
This so called fashion show is disgusting
agwrestler
AG
Roll the Bones said:

If that's the last supper for that blue whale, sell all your McDonald's stock!
cupcakesprinkles
AG
I just turned it on and saw that demonic heffer and then turned the TV right off. I was looking forward to the opening ceremony but those 4 seconds were enough.

Time to go rinse my eyes out with bleach.
TA-OP
As a Christian, I can understand the outrage. I also realize that this was an obvious parody of Da Vinci's painting, which itself was just an artist's depiction.
one safe place
annie88 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

I was there in 1999 and it is a beautiful city. I mean, of course every city has their slum areas but when you're in the main part kind of near the Louve it is gorgeous. The streets were impeccable they were clean the people in general were nice even though I was told they wouldn't be. They were a few people we ran across that were kind of snooty and weren't really crazy about Americans, but for the most part, they were good.

And it was pretty cool to go up on the Eiffel Tower and look around the city. They have a few more taller buildings now, but they had this restriction at that time where things could not be very tall so almost every building you could see was the same height or lower.

Did not like the French food though. They cook all their meat so rare they're practically bleeding and mooing and all their sauces are really sweet and thick and rich. I like the Italian food much better.

I've been back to France since then, but not Paris. I liked more of the country rural areas of France better. I'm heading to Europe in September will be in Normandy and some other places in France along the band of brothers WWII trip. Should be nice.

But I'm more of an Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Norway kind of person.
We walked to the Eiffel Tower from some other tourist place and our approach was down streets with a lot of the buildings like four stories tall. I could not see it, but knew we were headed in the right direction. Then we came out from behind the buildings and trees and boom, there it was, right in front of us. That was pretty cool. Did not go up on it, the wait time was like 2 hours.

As mentioned in another post, I like the smaller towns, and yeah the rural areas. Was weird riding on a bus on the WWI tour and being in rolling hills mile after mile after mile, then coming up to a relatively small village, then miles of rolling hills again. Was easy to see how the Germans controlling the high ground slaughtered so many.

We were there 13 or 14 days and ran into only one person who was an *******. Otherwise I found the French people and those from Belgium to be very nice and accommodating. When there was a language issue, or some snag, they laughed at us and with us, and we laughed at them and with them. Good times.
Artorias
AG
Wasn't planning to watch much Olympics but that opening ceremony just made it zero
rab79
AG
You have to deep fry them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.