So how is the French Olympics going......

82,352 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Squadron7
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Who?mikejones! said:

1/3 of Chinas gold medal come from the competitions, not sports.

Most come from random sporting events/competition a relative handful of people play seriously.

I only count 3 gold medals of their 19 in a sport that aren't niche.

Yeah, this strategy really went nuts (and paid off) when they hosted in 2008. They spent years prepping athletes for all the rando sports and nearly doubled their medal count, and they've kept that strategy going

They must be having Bill Byrne consulting for them
DannyDuberstein
AG
Pretty much. That said, it did work. 48 golds led the 2008 games, beating us by 12.
Who?mikejones!
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Who?mikejones! said:

Most come from random sporting events/competition a relative handful of people play seriously.

Yeah, this strategy really went nuts (and paid off) when they hosted in 2008. They spent years prepping athletes for all the rando sports and nearly doubled their medal count, and they've kept that strategy going

They must be having Bill Byrne consulting for them

Or whoever Stanfords AD is as it's pretty much how they are at the top of the directors cup every year- win or do well in lots of little competitive niche sports
stetson
AG
Bondag said:

Earlier today I saw a bunch of the liberals from my childhood posting the stat that only US women had won gold so far and they were carrying the men. Would it be appropriate to remind them that women have been using funding from men's sports for the past 50 to prop up US women's sports against the rest of the world?

Yes, the rest of the world does not have Title IX.
Logos Stick
I read where two semi finalist "women's" boxers are men. They are guaranteed a medal. Imane Khelif and Lin Yu-ting.

Olympics is a degenerate freak show now.
CanyonAg77
AG
Bondag said:

Would it be appropriate to remind them that women have been using funding from men's sports for the past 50 to prop up US women's sports against the rest of the world?
Facts are sexist
Who?mikejones!
Best things out of the Olympics are the Turkish shooter and the French dude being tripped up by his own junk.

Speaking of the shooting comp- why shouldn't every shooter have to do what the Turkish guy does? Grab a gun and go shoot. Are you really that good if you look like the damn terminator with all your gear on?
Zachary Klement
AG
Who?mikejones! said:

China's Gold Medals come from:
- Artistic Gymnastics - 2
- Race Walking - 1
- Badminton - 2
- BMX - 1
- Synchronized Diving - 4
- Shooting - 5
- Swimming - 2
- Ping Pong - 3
- Tennis - 1

LOL

Who?mikejones!
Yep. 3 from non niche sports tennis and swimming and they got busted drugging up their swimmers.

Just like their economy, it's all smoke and mirrors
zgolfz85
AG
I love when China loses.....hate seeing all these golds they keep stacking, even if they are obscure sports
agz win
AG
WR in pole vault was very good.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
zgolfz85 said:

I love when China loses.....hate seeing all these golds they keep stacking, even if they are obscure sports
Yep, this ain't over. They still have four diving events to go, the team table tennis events, and synchronized swimming, all of which they dominate.

They also have athletes in rassling and lady boxing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Faustus
The pre-Olympic projections had us err, edging the Chinese out in Gold medals with a range in the upper 30s to their mid 30s depending on the news source.

I have no clue though how the actual results have played out for each country vs the projections.
aggiepanic95
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

zgolfz85 said:

Yep, this ain't over. They still have four diving events to go, the team table tennis events, and synchronized swimming, all of which they dominate.

They also have athletes in rassling and lady boxing.

The female boxers name is Long Dong.
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

....and the French dude being tripped up by his own junk.

He later said that he was just happy to be there.
Trajan88
AG
"Glamorous Olympics swimmer Luana Alonso is REMOVED from the athletes village as Paraguay blame her for creating an 'inappropriate atmosphere' among her team-mates"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-13710087/Olympics-swimmer-Luana-Alonso-REMOVED-athletes-village.html

"She attends the Southern Methodist University near Dallas Texas and also swims for the Dallas Mustangs."

Squadron7
AG
Trajan88 said:

"Glamorous Olympics swimmer Luana Alonso is REMOVED from the athletes village as Paraguay blame her for creating an 'inappropriate atmosphere' among her team-mates"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-13710087/Olympics-swimmer-Luana-Alonso-REMOVED-athletes-village.html

"She attends the Southern Methodist University near Dallas Texas and also swims for the Dallas Mustangs."

Good Lord, Sir! Do not leave us hanging!

What did she do?
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

Paraguay swimmer Luana Alonso announced her retirement on Instagram after failing to advance through the 100m butterfly heats in the 2024 Paris Olympics, but that was not the only headline she made.

Jason Hall of Fox Sports 1300 noted she remained in the Olympic Village despite her retirement announcement and then, according to Paraguayan media outlets, went to Disneyland Paris instead of staying to support her teammates.

I can't believe that in 2024 you can still get kicked off of an Olympic team for being Gay.
No Spin Ag
Squadron7 said:

Trajan88 said:

What did she do?

I read that many people (guys, probably) are saying she's going to start an Only Fans account.

Hopefully there'll be no more of these types of stories so the focus can be on the athletes competing.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Bondag
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Squadron7 said:

Trajan88 said:

What did she do?

I read that many people (guys, probably) are saying she's going to start an Only Fans account.

Hopefully there'll be no more of these types of stories so the focus can be on the athletes competing.

She drank champagne at Disneyland. I guess they thought she was using village as vacation hotel. The horrors.
EX TEXASEX
Zachary Klement said:

Who?mikejones! said:

China's Gold Medals come from:
- Artistic Gymnastics - 2
- Race Walking - 1
- Badminton - 2
- BMX - 1
- Synchronized Diving - 4
- Shooting - 5
- Swimming - 2
- Ping Pong - 3
- Tennis - 1
- Industrial Scale Steroid Programs/use - All Medals ever won

LOL

#FJB
oh no
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Squadron7 said:

Trajan88 said:

What did she do?

ew that's disgusting …. Where?
JB!98
AG
Since we are taking this tangent. I would highly encourage you to watch the USA v Canada women's beach volleyball match. I watched it very closely. Unfortunately, the USA lost, but all I can say is "Oh Canada....."
No Spin Ag
JB!98 said:

Since we are taking this tangent. I would highly encourage you to watch the USA v Canada women's beach volleyball match. I watched it very closely. Unfortunately, the USA lost, but all I can say is "Oh Canada....."

When is women's volleyball, men never lose.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Tanya 93
No Spin Ag said:

JB!98 said:

Those US men were hot playing beach volleyball.

Nice asses
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Ewa Swoboda from Poland - big reason I like track

oh no
AG
No Spin Ag
Tanya 93 said:

No Spin Ag said:

JB!98 said:

Those US men were hot playing beach volleyball.

Nice asses

Good to know the men can keep up.
agz win
AG
I have a whole new appreciation for badminton and this Denmark/Thailand match is amazing.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Murica claws back to even with China in golds with a win in surfing, from the Parisian suburb of Tahiti.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Squadron7
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Update -

Team USA took it on the chin today

Didn't win a single event

China stretches lead

Track still to come

I like our situtation here. The Chinese have a lot more Chins for us to aim for.
oh no
AG
A is A
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Murica claws back to even with China in golds with a win in surfing, from the Parisian suburb of Tahiti.
Don't pay for the laugh/cry so you get a blue 'chute
agz win
AG
Women's beach volleyball out of medals round - first time no medal since 2000.
No Spin Ag
agz win said:

Women's beach volleyball out of medals round - first time no medal since 2000.
Damn, I don't think anyone expected that. Who did they lose to?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.