So how is the French Olympics going......

82,353 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Squadron7
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Horn_in_Aggieland
Saw that this match didn't happen in the Olympics but in some other competition a couple of years ago.

ETA: then there is this

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/boxers-olympics-imane-khelif-lin-yu-ting-gender-eligibility-rcna164257

Imane Khelif of Algeria and Lin Yuting of Taiwan failed to meet gender eligibility tests at the Women's World Boxing Championships in New Delhi last year, prompting their disqualifications. But they have been cleared to compete in the women's 66-kilogram and women's 57-kilogram matches in Paris this week, the IOC confirmed in an email Tuesday.
2wealfth Man
AG
Laff-A-Lympics were much better than this crap
they are putting out

88Warrior
2wealfth Man said:

they are putting out

Heavens to Murgatroyd!
ATX_AG_08
AG
That video is of an older fight but there are two male boxers fighting in the women's division at the Olympics. Guess which fighters are highly favored on the betting sites?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

Saw that this match didn't happen in the Olympics but in some other competition a couple of years ago.

ETA: then there is this

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/boxers-olympics-imane-khelif-lin-yu-ting-gender-eligibility-rcna164257

Imane Khelif of Algeria and Lin Yuting of Taiwan failed to meet gender eligibility tests at the Women's World Boxing Championships in New Delhi last year, prompting their disqualifications. But they have been cleared to compete in the women's 66-kilogram and women's 57-kilogram matches in Paris this week, the IOC confirmed in an email Tuesday.

"Gender eligibility tests"

There is one test. One.
captkirk
AG
DargelSkout said:

Grossophobic? Wtf, is that real?
Not sure, but pretty sure I suffer from it.
JB!98
AG
88Warrior said:

2wealfth Man said:

they are putting out

Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Thank you! Oh to be 7-8 again!
88Warrior
JB!98 said:

88Warrior said:

2wealfth Man said:

they are putting out

Heavens to Murgatroyd!

I suddenly have a hankering for a bowl of Honeycomb cereal!
Raiderjay
88Warrior said:

JB!98 said:

88Warrior said:

2wealfth Man said:

they are putting out

Heavens to Murgatroyd!

I suddenly have a hankering for a bowl of Honeycomb cereal!
or captain crunch!!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C-BB0VLI_R5
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
No Spin Ag
Your medal update.

4 Gold, 12 Silver, and 12 Bronze.

We dropped to seventh in the number of gold medals, but we're still number one in the total number of medals won. There are still enough competitions that we're favored to win, and we should still win the most gold medals by the end of the Olympics.

The "Redemption Tour" was a success as our gymnasts (female) won gold yesterday. This also made Simone Biles the most decorated gymnast in history. Talk about a comeback.

There are more great athletes (a young female boxer from Laredo) of note, obviously, and I hope even those who said they wouldn't watch the games at least go on X and watch some of the highlights. I know X is where I get most of my views of the games because it's just easier.

Anyway, this will be my last posting. Sorry, 'Hang, this stupid thing called work is getting in the way of life right now.

Anyway, "U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!"

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
agz win
AG
You can't stop now with exciting T&F just about to start.

Wasn't really a fan of Byles returning and now I am and glad she was able to overcome.
No Spin Ag
agz win said:

You can't stop now with exciting T&F just about to start.

Wasn't really a fan of Byles returning and now I am and glad she was able to overcome.

Carp, I forgot about T&F. So many more medals to be brought home.

Okay, well, I'll get them in; I just don't know what time of day.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
_mpaul
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Your medal update.

4 Gold, 12 Silver, and 12 Bronze.

We dropped to seventh in the number of gold medals, but we're still number one in the total number of medals won. There are still enough competitions that we're favored to win, and we should still win the most gold medals by the end of the Olympics.

The "Redemption Tour" was a success as our gymnasts (female) won gold yesterday. This also made Simone Biles the most decorated gymnast in history. Talk about a comeback.

There are more great athletes (a young female boxer from Laredo) of note, obviously, and I hope even those who said they wouldn't watch the games at least go on X and watch some of the highlights. I know X is where I get most of my views of the games because it's just easier.

Anyway, this will be my last posting. Sorry, 'Hang, this stupid thing called work is getting in the way of life right now.

Anyway, "U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!"
"We"?
agaberto
Missed the opening ceremony, like I do most years, and never looked back. The Olympic completions have been a great watch this year. USA is killing it.
Anonymous Source
S
Aggie Austin Krajicek and his partner Rajeev Ram defeat Rafa Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz to advance to the men's double tennis semifinals.

USA!
Gig 'Em
M4 Benelli
This whole thing is a mummer's farce. Unplug, don't give these cretins a second of your time.
amercer
AG
In Paris right now and it's awesome. Spent yesterday at women's Rugby, and the US won the bronze in incredible fashion.

Going to see some ping pong tomorrow, then some trampoline gymnastics and some beach volleyball. I'm sure the US win win the most medals, and hell yeah we should because we are the best, but the Olympics are great for the love of sport and competition in all its weird unique ways.
Schneider Electric
Absolutely figures
one safe place
No Spin Ag said:

Not really much into the history of the Olympics but due to our population, I'd figure we would almost always be in the top one or two in terms of total medals won.
zgolfz85
AG
amercer said:

In Paris right now and it's awesome. Spent yesterday at women's Rugby, and the US won the bronze in incredible fashion.

Going to see some ping pong tomorrow, then some trampoline gymnastics and some beach volleyball. I'm sure the US win win the most medals, and hell yeah we should because we are the best, but the Olympics are great for the love of sport and competition in all its weird unique ways.

What are the costs on the individual events? Still on the bucket list…
Velvet Jones
AG
M4 Benelli said:

This whole thing is a mummer's farce. Unplug, don't give these cretins a second of your time.
Great username and really solid post.

I wish I had more than one star to give.
Captain Pablo
AG
agaberto said:

Missed the opening ceremony, like I do most years, and never looked back. The Olympic completions have been a great watch this year. USA is killing it.

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

How is that "killing it"?
No Spin Ag
amercer said:

Ping pong is awesome no matter what teams are playing. I say that knowing that we're never favored to win gold and don't care.

I didn't know we had a woman's rugby team, but I caught a few videos of their games and damn were they impressive. They were also impressively buff, but that's neither here nor there.

Feel free to share pics. Believe me, there's a few of us who wish we were there.
zgolfz85
AG
Captain Pablo said:

agaberto said:

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

We have the most medals, HTH. I hated the opening ceremony and wokeness, but damn you Olympics haters are annoying af. It's the best global-oriented sporting event on the planet next to the World Cup. These athletes competing for the US are largely good natured conservative upbringing 16-40 yr olds. They're not Biden, they're not Kamala. They're just like us. So stfu.
CanyonAg77
AG
here's a link to the painting it was supposed to be inspired by. Not a halo to be found on the central figure.

Just a link, since it shows topless women

NSFW painting in question

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Festin_des_Dieux
redcrayon
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Captain Pablo said:

agaberto said:

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

We have the most medals, HTH. I hated the opening ceremony and wokeness, but damn you Olympics haters are annoying af. It's the best global-oriented sporting event on the planet next to the World Cup. These athletes competing for the US are largely good natured conservative upbringing 16-40 yr olds. They're not Biden, they're not Kamala. They're just like us. So stfu.
You're reading about the Olympics on a politics board. Get over it.
CanyonAg77
AG
The Kraken said:

I don't know what the intent of the producers was, but I didn't find anything offensive. Jesus invites all to His table. All this bellyaching just pushes more people away IMO.

Captain Pablo
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Captain Pablo said:

agaberto said:

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

Whoa get ahold of yourself. Way out of line

I don't hate the Olympics, just pointing out that We are not killing it. Yeah we're getting a lot of seconds and thirds, but we are not winning a lot of competitions. Not yet anyway.

I am rooting for our athletes, and never said otherwise

Your definition of "killing it" differs from mine

So instead of putting words in someone's mouth, how about YOU STFU

EDIT - soccer sucks
Schneider Electric
Captain Pablo said:

zgolfz85 said:

Captain Pablo said:

agaberto said:

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

Whoa get ahold of yourself. Way out of line

I don't hate the Olympics, just pointing out that We are not killing it. Yeah we're getting a lot of seconds and thirds, but we are not winning a lot of competitions. Not yet anyway.

I am rooting for our athletes, and never said otherwise

Your definition of "killing it" differs from mine

So instead of putting words in someone's mouth, how about YOU STFU

EDIT - soccer sucks

Awesome retort.
People love to talk trash when they are not likely to get punched
zgolfz85
AG
redcrayon said:

zgolfz85 said:

Captain Pablo said:

agaberto said:

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

You're reading about the Olympics on a politics board. Get over it.

Hey guy. You do understand our homegrown boy and girl next door type athletes aren't the IOC or ceremony designers, right? Criticize that all you want, but support our athletes like you would our troops. If they pray to the rainbow gods while on the medal stand or in competition, sure hate away. But, of our nearly 600 athletes competing, the vast majority are America loving, God fearing folks living out lifelong dreams
one safe place
zgolfz85 said:

Captain Pablo said:

agaberto said:

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

The world cup isn't of much import here, maybe to Mexicans. It's soccer. The athletes are "largely good natured conservatives?" Have you a citation for that? Would that include women's basketball? Men's basketball? Soccer?
zgolfz85
AG
one safe place said:

zgolfz85 said:

Captain Pablo said:

agaberto said:

The US has won 5 events

Total

Out of 74

The world cup isn't of much import here, maybe to Mexicans. It's soccer. The athletes are "largely good natured conservatives?" Have you a citation for that? Would that include women's basketball? Men's basketball? Soccer?

Do any of you mouth breathers read? Ffs. I said conservative upbringings, not conservatives. Ya know, like all of us that grew up in the 70s, 80s and 90s had.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.