So how is the French Olympics going......

82,351 Views | 867 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Squadron7
Kentucky Jeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.

You don't have to look very hard when men are dressed as women who are acting intentionally perverted and then you also have big fat, fatty mocking Christ.

The LGBTQ+!:-( crowd ain't got the balls to do this to the Muslims.
Kellso
redcrayon said:

Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Kellso said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Am I uncultured or do I not "get" French art?
You are most likely an uncultured rube.
French art is the most amazing art in the world.
Anyone can see it.
If siding with my friends who were thrust into a situation of explaining a mnage trois to their 10 year old makes me an "uncultured rube" then so be it.

I've said, on this thread and elsewhere, that I really like the way France used the city itself as the venue and created a made for TV opening ceremony. France truly has the city scape with the history, the art, and the architecture to do that. However what was completely unnecessary and quite frankly uncalled for (in my opinion) was the overt sexualization throughout the 4+ hour event.

And that doesn't even get to the blasphemous depiction of The Last Supper THAT ISN'T EVEN FRENCH!!!

The Musicians and the art were the best parts of the presentation.

The "Art" being the athletes from all over the world sailing through one of the most picturesque cities in the world. The rain provided a great backdrop and actually enhanced the presentation.

The weird gay stuff on the runway was a bit awkward.....but its France.....the art is meant to be provocative and uncomfortable.

I teared up with a swell of patriotism when I saw Team USA. Nearly 600 deep. People from all over the United States to compete against the best in the world. Last night we were not red states or blue states.....but truly the United States as we compete against the Chinese and Europe for World Supremacy.

The musicians were great. The different countries on the boats were great. The Paris backdrop in the rain was great.

The runaway when it showed hot women was great. All that other stuff was weird.....but again its France.
That stuff wouldn't stand in the United States.

At the end of the day....who are we to impose our cultural standards on le French?
You gave yourself away with this paragraph.

outofstateaggie
AG
aTmAg said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Trash

What was this? It has been deleted.

They are trying to bury it. Posts are disappearing on multiple platforms based on claims of copyright infringement. Anyone EVER seen that happen before?

Somebody on the left saidโ€ฆ"Uhhhhh, this isn't going to be helpful in an election year. Please delete."

Keller6Ag91
AG
Logos Stick said:

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you

Just reinforces the authority and authenticity of Jesus the Christ. Evil aligns against his goodness to try to confuse and deceive.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
AggieUSMC
AG
I like how they changed up the format for the Opening Ceremony (Parade of Nations down the river, ceremony outside the stadium and such), but the actual productions are just bizarre and sometimes outright offensive.
No Spin Ag
Kentucky Jeff said:

No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

I watched and in my opinion it had nothing to do with last supper. She has a DJ turntable in front of here and it is not a table but a runway for models to walk on.

Now granted it was very strange and there were many things in the opening that were extremely gay, and I say that in my eighties definition, I think people are reaching to assume it was the last supper.

So people were looking for things, or trying to make things seem something other than they were, in order to justify their already preset rage at a certain group of people? Can't say I'm surprised.

You don't have to look very hard when men are dressed as women who are acting intentionally perverted and then you also have big fat, fatty mocking Christ.

The LGBTQ+!:-( crowd ain't got the balls to do this to the Muslims.
And if they did have the balls, would the Christians that hate them stop hating them (LGBTQXYZ~), or hate them any less?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
zgolfz85
AG
I'd post the tweet but don't want to get bannedโ€ฆanyone see the drag dude with his balls hanging out during the ceremony? WTF
Tada
WaldoWings said:

filth. utter filth.
https://images.app.goo.gl/3RLp9CfdcuCPoQX5A

Rape. Theft. Blackmail. Family Violence. Homosexuality. Greed. Infidelity. Drug abuse. Alcoholism. Murder in spades.

Celebrated show. What is the difference?
Reload8098
AG
aTmAg said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Trash

Was this actually part of the Olympics opening ceremony?
Raiderjay
Reload8098 said:

aTmAg said:

itsyourboypookie said:

Trash

Was this actually part of the Olympics opening ceremony?
yes....
Reload8098
AG
The whole world has gone to hell. I'm disgusted..
AggieUSMC
AG
The Olympic Cauldron isn't even a real fire. It's just electric lights made to look like fire.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/olympic-cauldron-is-flying-with-a-hot-air-balloon-heres-everything-we-know/

Quote:

The 100% electric flame burns no fuel. The ring of fire uses 40 LED spotlights to illuminate the cloud created by 200 high-pressure misting nozzles.

"Thanks to an innovation by EDF (France's government-owned electric utility), the Paris 2024 Cauldron will shine for the first time with a 100% electric flame," said Luc Rmont, chairman and CEO of EDF. "This 'electric revolution' was made possible thanks to the monumental work carried out by our teams and designer Mathieu Lehanneur. Their creativity and innovative strength have made it possible to design a flame without fossil fuel combustion, a flame made of water and light. The future is electric, and EDF's teams are proud to have made history by helping to make Paris 2024 a more sustainable and responsible Games."
Kellso
zgolfz85 said:

I'd post the tweet but don't want to get bannedโ€ฆanyone see the drag dude with his balls hanging out during the ceremony? WTF
Womens Water Polo:
USA 15
Greece 6

USA starts the day of by kicking some Greek ass!!!!

ATX_AG_08
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Lolโ€ฆthe Olympic ceremony televised to billions of people across the world doesn't pass the Texags TOS. What a time to be alive.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Gigem314
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

Trash

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To seek our pale enchanted gold
El Gallo Blanco
No Spin Ag said:

mccjames said:

Lol what?

I could not disagree more with either of you. That was very clear to me. They always do this sh**. And as others have stated, they never try to piss off Muslims.
UTExan
Raiderjay said:

Well starting off with a mockery of the Last Supper......

Cannot wait to see what Salt Lake does with this in 2034. /s
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
โ€œ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard piesโ€
El Gallo Blanco
ATX_AG_08 said:

God-hating Liberal eunuchs: "OMG why are conservatives so angry? Why do they despise us so much????"
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

Cannot wait to see what Salt Lake does with this in 2034. /s
They could perform "The Book of Mormon" in its entirety and it would still be less cringey than what the french have done.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
C@LAg said:

Oyster DuPree said:

I'm so angry I can't even finish my Mr. Beast brand chocolate bar
is he even around or is he off still white knighting that child molesting POS trans dude friend of his?

Chris Tyson has been fired from the organization a few days ago.
rwtxag83
AG
Burrus86 said:

What sport do the Oompa Loompas participate in for the Olympics?

Suppering. Gold Medal Suppering.
Greater love hath no man than this....
redcrayon
AG
Kellso said:

zgolfz85 said:

Womens Water Polo:
USA 15
Greece 6

USA starts the day of by kicking some Greek ass!!!!

Did you reply to the wrong post?
annie88
AG
mccjames said:

The composition very much suggests that was what he was doing. I think it's a reach to assume it wasn't. But maybe the guy will say what he was doing. But you noticed that he didn't mock Islam. He didn't put an image of the prophet Muhammad or and do certain things. And we all know why.

He claims he wanted to include everyone, but he actually alienated a very large group of people. I too do not truly understand why the clear community has to make everything in their lives about being queer. It's bizarre.

It's indescribably pathetic that there are people whose entire identity is so wrapped up in being "queer", to the point that when given the opportunity to demonstrate their talents and skills on a world stage the only thing they can think of to do is a drag show with the same tired, outdated, overused, boring af elements of a men in drag stomp walking down a catwalk.

The irony is that everybody else in the world knows more about queer culture than queer people know about the reality of the whole world.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Rongagin71
AG
Raiderjay said:

I'm so far out of it that I thought the fat girl(?) with a crown was a rep of the Statue of Liberty.
Turns out that the internet is saying the group was a rep of The Last Supper.
Which leaves at a loss as to who she did rep? Judas?

Edit - Oh it dawns - that is supposed to be Jesus.
Good thing the French didn't treat Mohamad that way.
annie88
AG
45-70Ag said:

Thunderstruck xx said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Of course Mitt likes this:

And he doesn't use oxford commas. Double annoying.

And Celine was paid two million dollars to get her ugly ass to sing.

I love Celine Dion's music. I've seen her in concert twice in Vegas. She's very good. I get that she's not everyone's cup of tea, but got a hell of a voice and a really, really funny personality. She speaks off the cuff easily. At least she's French Canadian. Her first language was French and she had to learn English when she started singing.

That's said, I actually love all types of music. Big band, 70s and 80s, country, symphonic all of it. Can't say I'm terribly crazy about operator. I recognize the talent, but I don't really care for it.

One thing I really like Is musical scores from movies. I don't mean the popular stuff, although sometimes that could be good too, I mean the actual orchestral music.

And that people can still compose music for movies after all these years. I'm in just all of their talent. Some of them are just stunning. I can play by ear, but I couldn't imagine composing some of these beautiful scores.

Off the top of my head a few I can recommend or Last of the Mohicans, Man in the iron mask, Gladiator, Titanic , but not for "the song" for the whole theme throughout the movie, Victory, Band of Brothers and so many others.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Kellso said:

annie88 said:

Coppell97 said:

All the Olympian team members they could've given the honor too and they give it to the racist who kneeled for our flag.

Not to mention his ties to China.

Unreal.

Well, good luck to America in the games. We'll just look past who's holding the flag.
Lebron James new nickname will be Captain America if the USA basketball team wins Gold.

I still think it's bull**** that they have pros in the Olympics. It should've stayed amateur.

Look it was is what it was and the image of him holding the flag was pretty good. I just don't really care for the guy. And for people that are trying to make this racist, I'm not saying you are, there were plenty of other black athletes there that would've been such better choices.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
No Spin Ag said:

doubledog said:

Raiderjay said:

Well starting off with a mockery of the Last Supper......

Fat (fake) Jesus should stay away from the holy donuts.

I watched the first hour of the opening ceremony and did see this. Is this in the second or third hour of it?

As for what I did see, Lady GaGa was good and fun,, as were the can-can dancers and all the performing artists. The ones swaying on poles were amazing. The best part of what I've seen is where Les Miserables was mixed with heavy metal. Now that was freaking cool AF.

GaGa just did OK, she got slammed for it a lot being kind of just jumping around and posing. Cancan dancers are always good, but those were really off with their kicks.

And I do love Les Miserables

I saw on Broadway and I actually like the movie too. It has some The most beautiful music.
Fight Fight Fight.
tycolab1@yahoo.com
The Olympics is going on? Who knew?
Aggiecadet
France is having the worst Olympics in history and it has barely started.
Gig โ€˜Em, Aggies!
Raiderjay
Brutal Puffin
AG
Dear West: mock God and find out.
aggiehawg
AG
Is the IOC sending out copyright strikes for people using X to play parts of the opening ceremony.
DannyDuberstein
AG
In an endorsement-filled sports world, trying to keep it amateur would have been silly and resulted in really screwed up decisions of who can participate and who cannot. World class athletes are getting paid by someone. That's just how it is now.
Raiderjay

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.