High-heeled Desantis: Political Stunt, Potential Gamechanger, or Human Evolution?

9,054 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggie93
degreedy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't understand this one, I guess I need texags opinion on the matter.

Does Desantis think he is actually fooling anyone into thinking he's taller than he actually is? It's beyond comical, kinda sad at this point watching him walk around campaigning in his high-heeled boots.

So what is his motivation here? Is it misguided? Does he believe this sets him apart from his competition if he's a few inches taller? Or are we witnessing real-time human evolution with the shape of his foot molding into something never before seen?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/10/31/desantis-boots-shoemakers-00121044

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10/ron-desantis-is-almost-definitely-wearing-lifts-in-his-boots.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/10/31/is-desantis-wearing-heels-shoe-experts-say-probably-but-he-denies-rumors-boosted-by-trump/?sh=1554109c5768
Not a Bot
AG
Pretty amazing how these supposed independent, totally not political news organizations manage to simultaneously publish the same hit pieces with the same narratives.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This is like people making fun of trump for having tiny hands. I guess if that's what gets your rocks off; go for it. But usually the people who care could be cast in idiocracy without realizing it. I bet Seth Meyers loves this story.
Rapier108
Not a Bot said:

Pretty amazing how these supposed independent, totally not political news organizations manage to simultaneously publish the same hit pieces with the same narratives.
Yep, but it is no surprise.

The entire media establishment wants Trump as the nominee, for the ratings, and the Republican bloodbath that will follow. They are just following what the Trump acolytes have been spewing for weeks.

And just look at numerous threads and posts that MAGA has been puking all over F16 about DeSantis' boots.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Sims
AG
Man, we have the most superficial, myopic political media. Sad.
Gigem314
AG
So we can analyze the height of a boot heal to conclude that DeSantis is trying to look taller...but we can't figure out why Biden has so much trouble walking up the stairs or remembering where he is.
degreedy
AG
Rapier108 said:

Not a Bot said:

Yep, but it is no surprise.

The entire media establishment wants Trump as the nominee, for the ratings, and the Republican bloodbath that will follow. They are just following what the Trump acolytes have been spewing for weeks.

And just look at numerous threads and posts that MAGA has been puking all over F16 about DeSantis' boots.
if this were true, doesn't change the fact that he obviously is walking stilt footed
Sims
AG
Also, left and middle pictures are the same damn event. How could his boot have gotten taller?
Urban Ag
AG
I don't wear cowboy boots that often anymore but those heels don't look much different than the ones on my Ariats or Lucchese's. And I'm 6'3", I don't need any help.
TAMUallen
AG
It's possible that he wants to look taller than he is but why the media attention?

I didn't see any writeups about Biden dropping candy he was giving to a kid and his hand shaking like he was having a seizure
CDUB98
AG
I don't understand why it's a big thing with anyone.

It moves my GAS meter exactly zero.
HumbleAg04
AG
Looks like a Western heel vs I guess what the liberal media expects with a roper heel.
J. Walter Weatherman
Urban Ag said:

I don't wear cowboy boots that often anymore but those heels don't look much different than the ones on my Ariats or Lucchese's. And I'm 6'3", I don't need any help.

Agreed. This is what happens when journalists who have no idea what cowboy boots are team up with desperate Trump grifters to fabricate a story about nothing. Those are just regular boots, but since he doesn't wear them with boot cut jeans the heels stand out more.

It shouldn't matter, but since they aren't smart enough to discuss policy this is what ends up getting pushed.
Urban Ag
AG
Did y'all know that Trump, Biden, and Heels Up all use Botox?

OMG!

JDL 96
This is dumb. Dumb story. Dumb topic. Completely non-relevant. Not very interesting to most people.
BUT - GLAD to see they are publishing this. It means DeSantis is MAJORLY ON THIER RADAR. He wouldn't be if he wasn't a threat and had no chance.
Spotted Ag
AG
Those look like boots with riding heels? People wear those all the time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I don't think I can even explain how far down the list the choice of footwear is on my candidate issues list.

Im Gipper
Not a Bot said:

All those websites and the Trump "influencers" all over this story.

Crazy how they both want DeSantis out.

Why could that be?

I'm Gipper
doubledog
Who cares? Simple minded idiots, I guess.
Darth Randy
Effective GOP Governor exists, delivers on promises.

GOP Voters: "LOL Desanctus boots go stomp"
annie88
AG
You just don't like anyone making fun of 'your' guy.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
I don't know how tall he is nor do I care, but DeSantis ain't 5'11" maybe close to 5'10"

They could end this easily.

Have him measured in his stocking feet.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
aggie93
AG
NPH- said:

Don't understand this one, I guess I need texags opinion on the matter.

Does Desantis think he is actually fooling anyone into thinking he's taller than he actually is? It's beyond comical, kinda sad at this point watching him walk around campaigning in his high-heeled boots.

So what is his motivation here? Is it misguided? Does he believe this sets him apart from his competition if he's a few inches taller? Or are we witnessing real-time human evolution with the shape of his foot molding into something never before seen?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/10/31/desantis-boots-shoemakers-00121044

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10/ron-desantis-is-almost-definitely-wearing-lifts-in-his-boots.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/10/31/is-desantis-wearing-heels-shoe-experts-say-probably-but-he-denies-rumors-boosted-by-trump/?sh=1554109c5768
The stupidest thing about all of this is it simply isn't true. DeSantis is 5'11. There are many pictures of his height and his boots that aren't framed in some weird way that show he isn't wearing lifts and that is his height. It's literally complete BS and Trump folks are trying to say that DeSantis denying it is somehow a negative against him. I mean I just don't know how you combat that level of stupid. BTW, it also proves ONCE AGAIN that Trump is colluding with the MSM against DeSantis so congrats on that.

Trump is 6'3, Biden is 6', Gaetz is 6'2

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Im Gipper
We demand a stocking feet measurement!!!! REEEEE!!!!

I'm Gipper
Rapier108
Not a Bot said:

As was posted back in August.

Quote:

Online, Filipkowski, a former Republican now devoted to trolling the GOP, is a different person altogether. He is a social media obsessive or savant, or both sharing an endless stream of photos, videos, political dirt and, at times, biting political commentary with the roughly 750,000 followers he has on X, sometimes blowing up a politician's comment or gaffe with attention. "The thing that I think is so unique about Ron's work is that he surfaces a lot of clips and photos that aren't things you can find by just watching cable news or YouTube streams," said Aaron Rupar (follower count: 884.7k), a liberal-leaning journalist known for quickly clipping political videos that go viral on X. "He's great at dredging things up from deeper social media sources that take a lot of work to find."

During the 2022 midterm election, he shared a video of Pennsylvania Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz talking about preparing a crudit platter that went viral and underscored voter concerns that the wealthy TV physician was out of touch. During the same cycle, he picked up on then-Senate candidate J.D. Vance telling Steve Bannon's War Room podcast he didn't "care what happens to Ukraine one way or another," a moment that previewed the shift in how Republicans view foreign conflicts. Days later, Vance's campaign issued a statement clarifying his comments. And earlier this year, when 2024 GOP presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis lashed out at a reporter during a trip to Jerusalem over a question about his time serving at Guantanamo Bay as a Navy lawyer, Filipkowski posted a clipped video of the moment that now has over 3.8 million views.

His tweets have sparked cable news segments and online battles with political operatives. Journalists have alerts turned on to catch the latest photo or obscure right-wing event he has uncovered. Even the campaigns he covers and political figures he loathes have warmed to him and even teamed up with him. Filipkowski said he is in contact with far-right activist Laura Loomer and people affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign. It's not to boost Trump (whom he has been agitating against since the 2020 campaign) but to upend their mutual enemy: DeSantis.

"I'm probably the top anti-DeSantis person on Twitter. So if [rivals] have something anti-DeSantis that they want to get into the mainstream, they'll send it to me," Filipkowski said, without disclosing the name of anyone on the Trump campaign he's worked with. The Trump campaign declined to comment.

Loomer said they speak occasionally. "He knows I'm a Trump loyalist, and I know he doesn't like Trump, and despite our differences, we have found common ground on making sure Ron DeSantis is never elected president of the United States, ever."
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/08/17/ron-filipkowski-desantis-trump-00110950

Original Thread:

Trump campaign works with the left to take out rivals | TexAgs
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
PA24
AG
DeSantis a distance third....

Guy needs to get out of the way and let the Hindu girl try to take the lead from Trump.

His time has come and gone.
Phatbob
AG
I actually like this story. It's like a mask, in that it tells me who the idiots are that buy it.
JWinTX
Sims said:

Man, we have the most superficial, myopic political media. Sad.
All of these politicians and media members are just symptoms to the much bigger problem. Our culture completely sucks donkey balls. Those idiots just reflect our sorry state of morality and values.
The Banned
If this is a story, our country deserves to die
aggie93
AG
annie88 said:

You just don't like anyone making fun of 'your' guy.
I don't mind but but when they are making up stories that are easily disproven by looking at pictures it's pretty gross. It's especially gross because they don't want to talk about issues and I am guessing that even though this is being disproven as a lie you won't have any problem with it. You are likely to blame DeSantis for not thinking it is funny someone is lying about him.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
FL_Ag1998
AG
Let's make a deal.

Trump takes an aptitude test to see how "still with it" he truly is. And DeSantis takes his shoes off to get his height measured.

Lol, my lord you Trump sycophants sure are focused on the important stuff aren't you?

Now that's we've gotten that out of the way, one of you please list reasons why the current version of Trump is the best candidate to run the nation from '24 - '28? And hint, polls are not reasons.
Rapier108
The Banned said:

If this is a story, our country deserves to die
It is a story because this is the level of idiocracy that Trump has created.

Issues don't matter; it is nothing but infantile attacks on anyone not swearing fealty to Trump.
An L of an Ag
AG
So he raided Rubio's shoe closet. Big ****ing deal, he's the best candidate by a mile.
nu awlins ag
AG
So someone is looking at his boots/height? Seriously? Wow.....
Rapier108
FL_Ag1998 said:

Now that's we've gotten that out of the way, one of you please list reasons why the current version of Trump is the best candidate to run the nation from '24 - '28? And hint, polls are not reasons.
This is going to be you waiting on a Trumper to actually give a real answer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.