High-heeled Desantis: Political Stunt, Potential Gamechanger, or Human Evolution?

9,074 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggie93
ts5641
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

Not a Bot said:

Pretty amazing how these supposed independent, totally not political news organizations manage to simultaneously publish the same hit pieces with the same narratives.
Yep, but it is no surprise.

The entire media establishment wants Trump as the nominee, for the ratings, and the Republican bloodbath that will follow. They are just following what the Trump acolytes have been spewing for weeks.

And just look at numerous threads and posts that MAGA has been puking all over F16 about DeSantis' boots.
This is exactly how the left wants this to play out. MAGA is too stupid and stubborn to see it.
BudFox7
Lol dude was def walking around in high heels. What a weak minded individual.
halfastros81
AG
Now that this has come out I may have to reconsider because this has a potentially huge impact on Desantis 's ability to come up with sound policy and then actually make things happen.

For example all those Floridians that Ron flew out of Israel… I'd bet none of them would ever have gotten on the airplane if they knew Ron wears taller than standard heels. By God I'll just wait for an airplane set up by a taller man … that's what they'd have said.
Rapier108
Nothing but more kindergarten level replies from the Trump supporters.

None will address the fact that their god king has nothing but lies, personal attacks, and slander; all while working with the liberal media to attack DeSantis. You know, the same media who pushed Russia, Russia, Russia and every other lie about Trump for the last 7 years.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Daddy
AG
aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

Don't understand this one, I guess I need texags opinion on the matter.

Does Desantis think he is actually fooling anyone into thinking he's taller than he actually is? It's beyond comical, kinda sad at this point watching him walk around campaigning in his high-heeled boots.

So what is his motivation here? Is it misguided? Does he believe this sets him apart from his competition if he's a few inches taller? Or are we witnessing real-time human evolution with the shape of his foot molding into something never before seen?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/10/31/desantis-boots-shoemakers-00121044

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10/ron-desantis-is-almost-definitely-wearing-lifts-in-his-boots.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/10/31/is-desantis-wearing-heels-shoe-experts-say-probably-but-he-denies-rumors-boosted-by-trump/?sh=1554109c5768
The stupidest thing about all of this is it simply isn't true. DeSantis is 5'11. There are many pictures of his height and his boots that aren't framed in some weird way that show he isn't wearing lifts and that is his height. It's literally complete BS and Trump folks are trying to say that DeSantis denying it is somehow a negative against him. I mean I just don't know how you combat that level of stupid. BTW, it also proves ONCE AGAIN that Trump is colluding with the MSM against DeSantis so congrats on that.

Trump is 6'3, Biden is 6', Gaetz is 6'2

Ron's wife is gorgeous
Those are the only high heels I noticed
The Orangeman Returns with Thunder
aggie93
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

DeSantites turning themselves into Trump victims is hilarious.
The fact you think your candidate just making up lies and working with the Left to push them instead of talking about issues is hilarious says a lot. It's just stupid and a lie and people are pointing out it is stupid and a lie.

Sorry I am sitting there worried about the future of the country and not this crap but I guess it is all Trump has anymore.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Sims
AG
aggie93 said:

BTW, apparently the Yale Baseball Team from over 20 years ago is in on the conspiracy!

My only takeaway from the roster is that Desantis is potentially half elf-half man and will likely outlive all of us.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
Looks to me like he is wearing normal cowboy boots...what's the problem...liberal can't figure that out???
Col. A 1976
J. Walter Weatherman
aggie93 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

DeSantites turning themselves into Trump victims is hilarious.
The fact you think your candidate just making up lies and working with the Left to push them instead of talking about issues is hilarious says a lot. It's just stupid and a lie and people are pointing out it is stupid and a lie.

Sorry I am sitting there worried about the future of the country and not this crap but I guess it is all Trump has anymore.

I will say the benefit of the always trumpers pushing stuff like this is that, kind of like seeing someone still in a Covid mask, it signifies who you don't have to take seriously at all since they have zero understanding of any actual important issues.
Im Gipper
BudFox7 said:

Lol dude was def walking around in high heels. What a weak minded individual.
Do you even appreciate the amazing irony of you claiming another is "Weak minded" and you are caught up on alleged heel lifts?

I'm Gipper
LMCane
Not a Bot said:

Pretty amazing how these supposed independent, totally not political news organizations manage to simultaneously publish the same hit pieces with the same narratives.
and pretty amazing how Trump and his Trump fans manage to simultaneously discuss the same hit pieces from the "fake news media" with the same narratives.
aggie93
AG
Colonel A. 1976 said:

Looks to me like he is wearing normal cowboy boots...what's the problem...liberal can't figure that out???
The Trump campaign reminds me of "Wag the Dog". Come up with the stupidest lies you can, get them pushed by influencers, then let the sheep buy into them. Once they become pushed enough then the natural reaction by people is not to admit how the whole thing was stupid and they were lied to. The campaign then comes up with another distraction and repeats the cycle.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
willtackleforfood
AG

Quote:

So the logic is the media has said bad things to Trump so Trump should make up stuff about DeSantis. I mean that's ok I guess if you are into that kind of thing.

Like last week, when Ron imagined he sent ammo, weapons, drones and body armor to Israel? He made stuff up about his Covid response and that has backfired. His Florida numbers tell the tale - Floridians know.

Ron's entire campaign is disingenuous. It never was authentic. It was in the works for a very long time, worst kept secret in politics that he was going to run, propped up by NeoCons and never Trumpers. Doomed from the start because of GOPe. Boot-gate is just further confirmation of what we know.

The letter the Florida Republicans sent last week asking him to quit the race and return to Florida to serve out his term as Governor, was that instigated by Ron?

Such a badly run campaign. It's too bad, I hoped he was going to be the guy to usher in the 30's. But he's not what I thought he was.

Ron's handling of this awkward exchange, particularly the dismount at the end - "I don't accept gifts, I can't accept it, I am sorry" - crystalizes his personality. He's not a statesman, he's not a sales guy, he has no ability to endear himself to his audience because of his personality. On the world stage, that is critical piece of the package. I see many on hear that poo-poo that. Ron left London and many were saying he's not the one, he's not the guy we thought he was. And he can't accept gifts?? - laughable. Drop the red flag and let's review the film. All Ron has done is accept big gifts from corporate donors - he has the fewest number of small donations of any candidate. If Ron isn't talking policy he struggles.

At least be honest about Ron's continual fabrication.
Rapier108
Why do you people keep repeating the Trump manufactured lies over and over?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie93
AG
willtackleforfood said:

Quote:

So the logic is the media has said bad things to Trump so Trump should make up stuff about DeSantis. I mean that's ok I guess if you are into that kind of thing.

Like last week, when Ron imagined he sent ammo, weapons, drones and body armor to Israel? DeSantis did send supplied to Israel, it was donated and didn't cost taxpayers either. He made stuff up about his Covid response and that has backfired. What "stuff"? His response on Covid was and still is the best of anyone. His Florida numbers tell the tale - Floridians know. He was re-elected by 20 points so I guess they do know.

Ron's entire campaign is disingenuous. It never was authentic. It was in the works for a very long time, worst kept secret in politics that he was going to run, propped up by NeoCons and never Trumpers. Cool, should be easy to name them then. Doomed from the start because of GOPe. Boot-gate is just further confirmation of what we know. We know he was 5' 11 as he said and wears cowboy boots.

The letter the Florida Republicans sent last week asking him to quit the race and return to Florida to serve out his term as Governor, was that instigated by Ron? Oh, you mean the letter from the Roger Stone group? Lol.

Such a badly run campaign. It's too bad, I hoped he was going to be the guy to usher in the 30's. But he's not what I thought he was.

Ron's handling of this awkward exchange, particularly the dismount at the end - "I don't accept gifts, I can't accept it, I am sorry" - crystalizes his personality. He's not a statesman, he's not a sales guy, he has no ability to endear himself to his audience because of his personality. On the world stage, that is critical piece of the package. I see many on hear that poo-poo that. Ron left London and many were saying he's not the one, he's not the guy we thought he was. And he can't accept gifts?? - laughable. Drop the red flag and let's review the film. All Ron has done is accept big gifts from corporate donors - he has the fewest number of small donations of any candidate. If Ron isn't talking policy he struggles. Too much time on Truth Social and Free Republic while getting your news from Gateway Pundit rots your brain. Seek help.

At least be honest about Ron's continual fabrication. You still haven't pointed out any.

Ronald Reagan
JayM
Motivation is to look taller in the same manner a comb over makes a person look less bald. We all want to look a little better than we do. Nothing wrong with it. Don't rain on a short person's parade and I won't rain on a bald persons parade.
degreedy
AG
JayM said:

Motivation is to look taller in the same manner a comb over makes a person look less bald. We all want to look a little better than we do. Nothing wrong with it. Don't rain on a short person's parade and I won't rain on a bald persons parade.

Im not raining on anyone's parade, I just think it's beyond obvious he walks like he's in stilettos. Oh Donny J has a combover, it's true. But neither of these things affects their ability to govern, it just makes them both susceptible to dumb personal attacks.
JayM
NPH- said:

JayM said:

Im not raining on anyone's parade, I just think it's beyond obvious he walks like he's in stilettos. Oh Donny J has a combover, it's true. But neither of these things affects their ability to govern, it just makes them both susceptible to dumb personal attacks.
I am a tall dude. I do not "look down" upon those who are shorter or deny their ability to lead. Besides, he's listed at 5' 11" on the Yale roster. He ain't no Danny DeVito.
degreedy
AG
Neither do I, but I do find it strange at times if certain people go out of their way to appear one way when in fact they are another. For example, if a heavier person decides to squeeze into a baby gap shirt to give off the impression that they are slimmer than they actually are, it makes you question their sensibility. At the end of the day, we don't care if you are heavier, or shorter, or balder, just own it and move on to doing what you do best, which is hopefully govern. Quit making a spectacle out of trying to fool people into thinking that you are something that you are not.
JB99
AG
Did you know that Trump's orange skin color is not his natural skin color? When is the media going to report this very important topic about Trump trying to change his appearance?
JayM
Who are you referring to in that last sentence? But all in all our politics and the political process has diminished significantly in my voting life. I hope it gets better. There are real threats to America out there in the real world. And have you bought a basket of groceries recently?
degreedy
AG
That was in reference to any political candidate, not you. But I agree, there are threats out there to our way of life, and I sure as hell hope the majority of America realizes that there have been major consequences to how they "voted" in 2020. If there is one Democrat on this thread, please tell me how your life has been improved since Joe Biden has been in office? Can you even do that? I doubt it.

I miss when America was prospering, not withering away.
LMCane
CDUB98 said:

I don't understand why it's a big thing with anyone.

It moves my GAS meter exactly zero.
because Trump and his team have nothing other than attacking anyone and anything that stands in their way of power.

imagine a former President of the USA calling his supporters stupid for believing his promises, and rage tweeting about his opponents boots.

and yet here we are with this clown.
aggie93
AG
NPH- said:

Neither do I, but I do find it strange at times if certain people go out of their way to appear one way when in fact they are another. For example, if a heavier person decides to squeeze into a baby gap shirt to give off the impression that they are slimmer than they actually are, it makes you question their sensibility. At the end of the day, we don't care if you are heavier, or shorter, or balder, just own it and move on to doing what you do best, which is hopefully govern. Quit making a spectacle out of trying to fool people into thinking that you are something that you are not.
I find it strange when something stupid is said, it is disproven, and then it is repeated over and over again as if the stupid thing is fact.

Carry on though, it seems this is all the Trump campaign has. They sure as hell don't want to talk about policy or why he didn't know what city he was in on Sunday.

Ronald Reagan
degreedy
AG
aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

I find it strange when something stupid is said, it is disproven, and then it is repeated over and over again as if the stupid thing is fact.

Carry on though, it seems this is all the Trump campaign has. They sure as hell don't want to talk about policy or why he didn't know what city he was in on Sunday.

What did I say that was stupid in your quote there?
JayM
LMCane said:

CDUB98 said:

I don't understand why it's a big thing with anyone.

It moves my GAS meter exactly zero.
because Trump and his team have nothing other than attacking anyone and anything that stands in their way of power.

imagine a former President of the USA calling his supporters stupid for believing his promises, and rage tweeting about his opponents boots.

and yet here we are with this clown.
There is something wrong with this man's brain. He obviously has some type of diagnosable, pathologic personality disorder.
aggie93
AG
NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

You keep repeating the lie about the boots being lifted and that DeSantis is short in spite of pictures proving otherwise and the Yale roster confirming it. Then you speculate about what it means that DeSantis is trying to pretend to be taller than he is when he literally said he is the same height as the Roster said he was 22 years ago.

To me that's pretty stupid.

Ronald Reagan
degreedy
AG
aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

You keep repeating the lie about the boots being lifted and that DeSantis is short in spite of pictures proving otherwise and the Yale roster confirming it. Then you speculate about what it means that DeSantis is trying to pretend to be taller than he is when he literally said he is the same height as the Roster said he was 22 years ago.

This may have started as a discussion on height, but it has evolved into something deeper. I now don't give two ****s about how tall he is, but it's obvious something is weird with how he walks & stands in those boots, and it makes me question why. I'll break this down like a fraction for you: why does Desantis persist with the boots when clearly something is weird with them (his walk, his stance, something), and why does he need to keep promulgating the issue by consistently wearing them? It takes away from focusing on his leadership capabilities and instead incorrectly highlights his sensibilities about fashion/walking/idk what else. An analogy for the simple minded: if aggie93 had stuff in his/her teeth, kept making public engagements where people can see him/her smile and wave, and didn't do anything to address and/or remove the stuff in his/her teeth, wouldn't they begin to question aggie93's sensibility? aggie93 may be the best internet tough guy/girl out there, but the public wouldn't be able to focus on that and instead focus on the thing in his/her teeth.

Does that make sense aggie93?
Phatbob
AG
NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

This may have started as a discussion on height, but it has evolved into something deeper. I now don't give two ****s about how tall he is, but it's obvious something is weird with how he walks & stands in those boots, and it makes me question why. I'll break this down like a fraction for you: why does Desantis persist with the boots when clearly something is weird with them (his walk, his stance, something), and why does he need to keep promulgating the issue by consistently wearing them? It takes away from focusing on his leadership capabilities and instead incorrectly highlights his sensibilities about fashion/walking/idk what else. An analogy for the simple minded: if aggie93 had stuff in his/her teeth, kept making public engagements where people can see him/her smile and wave, and didn't do anything to address and/or remove the stuff in his/her teeth, wouldn't they begin to question aggie93's sensibility? aggie93 may be the best internet tough guy/girl out there, but the public wouldn't be able to focus on that and instead focus on the thing in his/her teeth.

How does this make any sense? It's all a bunch of crap. Just because someone made it up doesn't make it worth the time to even read, much less give the time to contemplate the ramifications as if it were. All this does is prove who can be taken seriously and who can't.
Tex117
AG
What a stupid topic.
shiftyandquick
Why won't DeSantis allow his boots to be inspected in-person, after he has worn them and walked (to demonstrate he appears the same as the prior videos, in terms of his walk and the appearance of the boots)?

If he has nothing to hide, then he should allow it.
Rapier108
shiftyandquick said:

Why won't DeSantis allow his boots to be inspected in-person, after he has worn them and walked (to demonstrate he appears the same as the prior videos, in terms of his walk and the appearance of the boots)?

Why do you care? You're voting for whoever the Democrats put on the ballot.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Shifty has a small Dick. If he doesn't prove it's not by posting it on the internet for everyone to see, it must be true.
captkirk
AG
shiftyandquick said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
aggie93
AG
NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

Let me get this straight. DeSantis has worn Cowboy Boots forever. He likes wearing them as they are comfortable (I am the same way). So someone comes up with a weird conspiracy theory that he is wearing them to make him taller and that he has lifts, both of which have been easily disproven. Now you are saying "there is clearly something weird" with how he walks which somehow has never been an issue for the 10 years he has been in office.

So your solution is he should give in to the conspiracy and wear something else. That would not only show it bothers him but it would mean he is doing something inauthentic in hopes of making people like you happy (though that will never happen because the real issue has nothing to do with his boots at all as that is a distraction).

Put me in the camp that DeSantis should be himself and focus on issues instead. Wear what he wants and if we are too stupid as a Party to vote for him because we don't like a guy wearing cowboy boots then we deserve to lose.

Ronald Reagan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.