High-heeled Desantis: Political Stunt, Potential Gamechanger, or Human Evolution?

9,026 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggie93
Get Off My Lawn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urban Ag said:

I don't wear cowboy boots that often anymore but those heels don't look much different than the ones on my Ariats or Lucchese's. And I'm 6'3", I don't need any help.
6'3" is a pretty good height to stop at. Once you get above that, you run into problems. Can't be a pilot cause you don't fit in a cockpit. Lose track of cross-traffic on the road because the rear view mirror blocks your line of sight. Travel sucks more or costs more. Gotta "try on" vehicles before even considering which you may want. Clothes never fit. Always looking down at women's cleavage, with some of them barely coming up to your waist…

Perhaps it's that I've never lacked it - but I've never understood an obsession with height. It's an immutable characteristic and at some point it just gets (mostly) inconvenient.
Ciboag96
Propaganda is propaganda. Don't take the bait.

Who am I kidding. 97% of Americans are dumb as ****.
Who?mikejones!
Wgas
VegasAg86
AG
NPH- said:

Don't understand this one, I guess I need texags opinion on the matter.

Does Desantis think he is actually fooling anyone into thinking he's taller than he actually is? It's beyond comical, kinda sad at this point watching him walk around campaigning in his high-heeled boots.

So what is his motivation here? Is it misguided? Does he believe this sets him apart from his competition if he's a few inches taller? Or are we witnessing real-time human evolution with the shape of his foot molding into something never before seen?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/10/31/desantis-boots-shoemakers-00121044

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10/ron-desantis-is-almost-definitely-wearing-lifts-in-his-boots.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/10/31/is-desantis-wearing-heels-shoe-experts-say-probably-but-he-denies-rumors-boosted-by-trump/?sh=1554109c5768
Comical is you thinking those are "high-heeled" boots, rather than pretty standard heeled cowboy boots. Can't tell if the shortest heel is a dress shoe or boot, but looks like a roper heel, if it's a boot.

Ag87H2O
AG
Darth Randy said:

Effective GOP Governor exists, delivers on promises.

GOP Voters: "LOL Desanctus boots go stomp"
I don't hate Trump, but this story is next level childish on the part of his supporters. It comes across as juvenile and not serious.

You can certainly tell who is obsessed with who.
Counterpoint
AG
First the pudding, and now THIS embarrassing scandal?! That does it, I'm switching my vote to one of the two dementia-addled geriatrics who don't know what city they're in or who they're running against half the time!
Russell Bradleys Toupee
MookieBlaylock
AG
He has been heightening for quite a while

But ya just don't pay attention
Kozmozag
So we need an accurate height on DeSantis, accurate size of Trumps pecker, and an accurate measure of Biden mental competency. Only one of these things truly matter to be president.
aggie93
AG
Russell Bradleys Toupee said:

Those are pretty clearly regular cowboy boots with no lift. Not that facts matter.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
The Trump Train looks like a Clown Car. This is seriously where his campaign wants to go. Anyone doing this crap is not someone you should ever look at for political commentary.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
sam callahan
If the mf'er can rein in spending and govern the country like he has Florida, I don't care if he wears 6" pumps with goldfish in the heels.
JWinTX
aggie93 said:

The Trump Train looks like a Clown Car. This is seriously where his campaign wants to go. Anyone doing this crap is not someone you should ever look at for political commentary.

Sadly, it is uber effective with Trumpists. As I mentioned earlier, when the culture sucks, this is what you get. Name calling, infantile jokes, and stupid arguments that are childish.

Wait until 2028 rolls around and we get Trump, Jr. vs Newsom in the Guilfoyle Bowl for the White House. Idiocracy is so amazingly close to being a documentary, it's not even funny.
Old McDonald
desantis is just dressing for the job he wants! most presidents have been at least six feet tall and he's not, ergo he wears shoe lifts. height insecurity is beta behavior and people are having fun with it.
aggie93
AG
JWinTX said:

aggie93 said:

Sadly, it is uber effective with Trumpists. As I mentioned earlier, when the culture sucks, this is what you get. Name calling, infantile jokes, and stupid arguments that are childish.

Wait until 2028 rolls around and we get Trump, Jr. vs Newsom in the Guilfoyle Bowl for the White House. Idiocracy is so amazingly close to being a documentary, it's not even funny.
It has exposed some people. I used to listen to Kirk and Pool and Poso regularly. They all gave good and balanced commentary for the most part. Then a few months ago they turned into Roger Stone wannabes. I mean it's Middle School humor mixed with an echo chamber.

I have since learned listening to others though that apparently Trump world has given a lot of these folks a choice that either they go after DeSantis or at least ignore him or they are cut off from Trump completely. I was skeptical but it makes total sense if you look at their actions. These folks make a living off of clicks and views and Trump provides that and he has no qualms about destroying people who cross him. That's his choice but I just keep that in mind when I see crap like this. Essentially the more fealty you show Trump the more access you get and he can push his hardcore base to follow you and make you money. Just realize that's what Truth Social has become as well, it's a giant grift.

Ronald Reagan
sclaff
AG
He keeps a derringer in one heel and a grappling gun in the other ala Robert Conrad in the Wild Wild West
GAC06
AG
The pathetic state of our media doesn't surprise me. Supposed Texans who don't know what boots look like is much worse.
annie88
AG
God for bid DeSantis be subjected to the same bull**** Trump or even Biden gets. His hands, his hair, Biden's dementia and pants, pooping and mumbling, and everything else. It's just that y'all are so sensitive about it. It's politics, it's dirty. Go to a little research on the Addams Jefferson election and see if you think what they're doing today is bad. Because it was pretty bad back then. It just didn't have social media getting it out every minute.

Who gives a **** if he's short. Who gives a **** if he is lifting and I don't know that he is. Make fun of Trump all you want whatever he was a great president. Ron has been a great governor. It's just too funny to watch some of you guys get so upset over this when you seen so much bull**** over Trump spread it about him yourself and other politicians.

Every politician is fair game. And again, if he's not heightening, then measure him in his stocking feet and get it over with.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Urban Ag said:

I don't wear cowboy boots that often anymore but those heels don't look much different than the ones on my Ariats or Lucchese's. And I'm 6'3", I don't need any help.
How you doin?
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
GAC06 said:

The pathetic state of our media doesn't surprise me. Supposed Texans who don't know what boots look like is much worse.
Yeah, the media is really awful to Trump but that doesn't seem to bother you. Does it?

Selective outrage. Ain't it great.

But you are correct, our media is pathetic. It doesn't report news anymore. It either makes **** up, concentrates on dumb ass crap like this, lies about it, or gives their opinions.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Sims said:

Man, we have the most superficial, myopic political media. Sad.
Remember, this is the same media that ignores Biden and Kamala daily on all the bull**** they pull. They'd rather concentrate on small hands, orange tans, and heightening. You know that really evil stuff, not the fact that our country is going to **** by two idiots.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Urban Ag said:

Did y'all know that Trump, Biden, and Heels Up all use Botox?

OMG!

I've heard they all use the toilet too.
Fight Fight Fight.
justcallmeharry
S
Little Marco remembers...
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
annie88
AG
aggie93 said:

annie88 said:

You just don't like anyone making fun of 'your' guy.
I don't mind but but when they are making up stories that are easily disproven by looking at pictures it's pretty gross. It's especially gross because they don't want to talk about issues and I am guessing that even though this is being disproven as a lie you won't have any problem with it. You are likely to blame DeSantis for not thinking it is funny someone is lying about him.
It's pretty gross with Trump too, but some of y'all parrot it and then put his supporters down on top of that. Yet you are likely to blame Trump for not thinking it's funny someone (s) is/are lying about him. He's dead on with the fake news comments.

Pot meet kettle. you only seem outraged about it with DeSantis. Not all the bull**** they pull on Trump. At least be consistent.

Trump is orange, he has horrible hair, technically, true, I have no idea the size of his hands but it's politics. What are you gonna do. The left and the media know what a **** show the Democrats, Biden, and Kamala are so of course they're gonna focus on dumb crap like this.

Don't worry about it. But whether it's your guy, my guy or the other guy, just laugh at them and move on. Maybe he is lifting. What does it have to do with what he's done for Florida, nothing.
Fight Fight Fight.
aggie93
AG
annie88 said:

God for bid DeSantis be subjected to the same bull**** Trump or even Biden gets. His hands, his hair, Biden's dementia and pants, pooping and mumbling, and everything else. It's just that y'all are so sensitive about it. It's politics, it's dirty. Go to a little research on the Addams Jefferson election and see if you think what they're doing today is bad. Because it was pretty bad back then. It just didn't have social media getting it out every minute.

Who gives a **** if he's short. Who gives a **** if he is lifting and I don't know that he is. Make fun of Trump all you want whatever he was a great president. Ron has been a great governor. It's just too funny to watch some of you guys get so upset over this when you seen so much bull**** over Trump spread it about him yourself and other politicians.

Every politician is fair game. And again, if he's not heightening, then measure him in his stocking feet and get it over with.
So the logic is the media has said bad things to Trump so Trump should make up stuff about DeSantis. I mean that's ok I guess if you are into that kind of thing. I just thought it was especially dumb because it is so clearly not true. I could care less if DeSantis was a few inches shorter or wore lifts but he doesn't so it's just weird to me.

I would just like to hear some actual policy from Trump instead of this nonsense. When he does talk about it tends to be very superficial and vague. No one here seems to bring up any of his policy stuff at all.

To me it just shows Trump and his supporters don't want to talk policy or serious issues. I can understand it watching that full interview. DeSantis was thorough and masterful with heavy detail. Carry on though, I hear the next thing is saying that DeSantis uses hair dye.

Ronald Reagan
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The DeSantites were positive the media wouldn't do this to him because he's not Trump. It's all to drive clicks and division.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Quote:

To me it just shows Trump and his supporters don't want to talk policy or serious issues.

DING, DING, DING, WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
aggie93
AG
annie88 said:

aggie93 said:

annie88 said:

You just don't like anyone making fun of 'your' guy.
I don't mind but but when they are making up stories that are easily disproven by looking at pictures it's pretty gross. It's especially gross because they don't want to talk about issues and I am guessing that even though this is being disproven as a lie you won't have any problem with it. You are likely to blame DeSantis for not thinking it is funny someone is lying about him.
It's pretty gross with Trump too, but some of y'all parrot it and then put his supporters down on top of that. Yet you are likely to blame Trump for not thinking it's funny someone (s) is/are lying about him. He's dead on with the fake news comments.

Pot meet kettle. you only seem outraged about it with DeSantis. Not all the bull**** they pull on Trump. At least be consistent.

Trump is orange, he has horrible hair, technically, true, I have no idea the size of his hands but it's politics. What are you gonna do. The left and the media know what a **** show the Democrats, Biden, and Kamala are so of course they're gonna focus on dumb crap like this.

Don't worry about it. But whether it's your guy, my guy or the other guy, just laugh at them and move on. Maybe he is lifting. What does it have to do with what he's done for Florida, nothing.
I've defended Trump many, many times on this Board for years. I have also said repeatedly he has been treated poorly. Now I do think he brings a lot of that on himself but still he has not gotten a fair shake at all. It's just odd that his reaction isn't to attack those who are attacking him but instead to attack DeSantis who actually has defended him. DeSantis was given opportunity after opportunity to get personal on Trump or to talk about his legal issues and he doesn't do it or he defends him.

I'm just tired of the clown show. Trump is just old and tired now and we have serious problems we need to deal with. He is not a serious person anymore.

BTW this thread was started by a Trump supporter.

Ronald Reagan
J. Walter Weatherman
Funky Winkerbean said:

The DeSantites were positive the media wouldn't do this to him because he's not Trump. It's all to drive clicks and division.

Trump's influencers are pushing this harder than the media is.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Bull****. Please, I'm begging you to pull up one previous post from a DeSantis supporter claiming he'd never be the target of stupid media attacks. You can't because you're lying.

Oh, and its not the media doing it, at least not just the media. It's the world-class tactics of your preferred candidate's campaign arm who's pushing this juvenile crap because they have nothing else left in their arsenal to attack with.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Trump's influencers are pushing this harder than the media is.

Link?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Its been on tik tok for 2 months that he is heightening

Its obvious and ain't from Trump
Funky Winkerbean
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Bull****. Please, I'm begging you to pull up one previous post from a DeSantis supporter claiming he'd never be the target of stupid media attacks. You can't because you're lying.

Oh, and its not the media doing it, at least not just the media. It's the world-class tactics of your preferred candidate's campaign arm who's pushing this juvenile crap because they have nothing else left in their arsenal to attack with.

The poster above you said otherwise. Speak to him.
aggie93
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Of course the media will do this to him. It's just disappointing that Trump is doing it and this is all he has. He sure as hell doesn't want to talk policy or debate. It's also disappointing that Trump is colluding with the same media that has treated him so horribly even though they will clearly turn on him yet again.

Whatever though. I'm happy to support DeSantis because of what he stands for and what he is doing. I'll be in the boat until he either wins or is eliminated. I'll vote for the R either way but honestly at this point I'd rather take Haley over Trump.

Ronald Reagan
degreedy
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.