High-heeled Desantis: Political Stunt, Potential Gamechanger, or Human Evolution?

9,071 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggie93
Booma94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure what's sadder- that the guy with a massive combover and orange make-up and his followers are trying to make an issue over a nothing-burger and name-calling like junior high flunkies or that anyone anywhere thinks this has any relevance in the race to be POTUS.
degreedy
AG
aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

Neither do I, but I do find it strange at times if certain people go out of their way to appear one way when in fact they are another. For example, if a heavier person decides to squeeze into a baby gap shirt to give off the impression that they are slimmer than they actually are, it makes you question their sensibility. At the end of the day, we don't care if you are heavier, or shorter, or balder, just own it and move on to doing what you do best, which is hopefully govern. Quit making a spectacle out of trying to fool people into thinking that you are something that you are not.
I find it strange when something stupid is said, it is disproven, and then it is repeated over and over again as if the stupid thing is fact.

Carry on though, it seems this is all the Trump campaign has. They sure as hell don't want to talk about policy or why he didn't know what city he was in on Sunday.

What did I say that was stupid in your quote there?
You keep repeating the lie about the boots being lifted and that DeSantis is short in spite of pictures proving otherwise and the Yale roster confirming it. Then you speculate about what it means that DeSantis is trying to pretend to be taller than he is when he literally said he is the same height as the Roster said he was 22 years ago.

To me that's pretty stupid.
This may have started as a discussion on height, but it has evolved into something deeper. I now don't give two ****s about how tall he is, but it's obvious something is weird with how he walks & stands in those boots, and it makes me question why. I'll break this down like a fraction for you: why does Desantis persist with the boots when clearly something is weird with them (his walk, his stance, something), and why does he need to keep promulgating the issue by consistently wearing them? It takes away from focusing on his leadership capabilities and instead incorrectly highlights his sensibilities about fashion/walking/idk what else. An analogy for the simple minded: if aggie93 had stuff in his/her teeth, kept making public engagements where people can see him/her smile and wave, and didn't do anything to address and/or remove the stuff in his/her teeth, wouldn't they begin to question aggie93's sensibility? aggie93 may be the best internet tough guy/girl out there, but the public wouldn't be able to focus on that and instead focus on the thing in his/her teeth.

Does that make sense aggie93?
Let me get this straight. DeSantis has worn Cowboy Boots forever. He likes wearing them as they are comfortable (I am the same way). So someone comes up with a weird conspiracy theory that he is wearing them to make him taller and that he has lifts, both of which have been easily disproven. Now you are saying "there is clearly something weird" with how he walks which somehow has never been an issue for the 10 years he has been in office.

So your solution is he should give in to the conspiracy and wear something else. That would not only show it bothers him but it would mean he is doing something inauthentic in hopes of making people like you happy (though that will never happen because the real issue has nothing to do with his boots at all as that is a distraction).

Put me in the camp that DeSantis should be himself and focus on issues instead. Wear what he wants and if we are too stupid as a Party to vote for him because we don't like a guy wearing cowboy boots then we deserve to lose.
I have no issue with cowboy boots (wear them myself as well), but I guess the heart of what I'm saying is, yes, I agree with you that some people are too stupid to vote for someone because of petty issues like that. there is a big contingent of the population that is only looking for one reason or another to vote or to not vote for someone. have you seen the movie idiocracy? that is what we are moving towards. the vast majority of the voting population won't look past petty/veiled items. there may be some independents out there that don't look past orange man/mean tweets; old man/poopy pants. if you give them a stupid reason to not vote for them, they will gladly lap it up. take away the stupid reason, maybe they won't vote like an idiot and try to start using some critical thinking.
J. Walter Weatherman
NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

Neither do I, but I do find it strange at times if certain people go out of their way to appear one way when in fact they are another. For example, if a heavier person decides to squeeze into a baby gap shirt to give off the impression that they are slimmer than they actually are, it makes you question their sensibility. At the end of the day, we don't care if you are heavier, or shorter, or balder, just own it and move on to doing what you do best, which is hopefully govern. Quit making a spectacle out of trying to fool people into thinking that you are something that you are not.
I find it strange when something stupid is said, it is disproven, and then it is repeated over and over again as if the stupid thing is fact.

Carry on though, it seems this is all the Trump campaign has. They sure as hell don't want to talk about policy or why he didn't know what city he was in on Sunday.

You keep repeating the lie about the boots being lifted and that DeSantis is short in spite of pictures proving otherwise and the Yale roster confirming it. Then you speculate about what it means that DeSantis is trying to pretend to be taller than he is when he literally said he is the same height as the Roster said he was 22 years ago.

This may have started as a discussion on height, but it has evolved into something deeper. I now don't give two ****s about how tall he is, but it's obvious something is weird with how he walks & stands in those boots, and it makes me question why. I'll break this down like a fraction for you: why does Desantis persist with the boots when clearly something is weird with them (his walk, his stance, something), and why does he need to keep promulgating the issue by consistently wearing them? It takes away from focusing on his leadership capabilities and instead incorrectly highlights his sensibilities about fashion/walking/idk what else. An analogy for the simple minded: if aggie93 had stuff in his/her teeth, kept making public engagements where people can see him/her smile and wave, and didn't do anything to address and/or remove the stuff in his/her teeth, wouldn't they begin to question aggie93's sensibility? aggie93 may be the best internet tough guy/girl out there, but the public wouldn't be able to focus on that and instead focus on the thing in his/her teeth.

No, it would be like if aggie93 had nothing in his teeth but a bunch of Trump sycophants kept lying about him having something in his teeth and then partnered with the left wing media to write stories about how he has something in his teeth.

You're still not understanding that the core issue is based on a complete fabrication, created by the Trump camp because they know his idiotic followers will share it and it will serve as a distraction for the fact that he has nothing substantive to say about any actual important issues.
Phatbob
AG
NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

Let me get this straight. DeSantis has worn Cowboy Boots forever. He likes wearing them as they are comfortable (I am the same way). So someone comes up with a weird conspiracy theory that he is wearing them to make him taller and that he has lifts, both of which have been easily disproven. Now you are saying "there is clearly something weird" with how he walks which somehow has never been an issue for the 10 years he has been in office.

So your solution is he should give in to the conspiracy and wear something else. That would not only show it bothers him but it would mean he is doing something inauthentic in hopes of making people like you happy (though that will never happen because the real issue has nothing to do with his boots at all as that is a distraction).

Put me in the camp that DeSantis should be himself and focus on issues instead. Wear what he wants and if we are too stupid as a Party to vote for him because we don't like a guy wearing cowboy boots then we deserve to lose.
I have no issue with cowboy boots (wear them myself as well), but I guess the heart of what I'm saying is, yes, I agree with you that some people are too stupid to vote for someone because of petty issues like that. there is a big contingent of the population that is only looking for one reason or another to vote or to not vote for someone. have you seen the movie idiocracy? that is what we are moving towards. the vast majority of the voting population won't look past petty/veiled items. there may be some independents out there that don't look past orange man/mean tweets; old man/poopy pants. if you give them a stupid reason to not vote for them, they will gladly lap it up. take away the stupid reason, maybe they won't vote like an idiot and try to start using some critical thinking.
Or stop repeating the "issues" that aren't. It's literally about his shoes being boots. If there is a definition of making something out of literally nothing, this is it.
aggie93
AG
NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

I think you miss the point. It's all based on a lie. DeSantis changing his footwear only makes it worse because it will show that they "got to him". It's all a game and the only way to win is not to play.

I completely agree with you on the "Idiocracy" component to our voting population but I also believe there are a lot of folks who want to reverse that. You don't reverse it by giving in to it.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
degreedy
AG
Phatbob said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

Or stop repeating the "issues" that aren't. It's literally about his shoes being boots. If there is a definition of making something out of literally nothing, this is it.
he does walk weird in them, I'm not changing my thoughts on that, but I'll concede, you are correct, this entire thread should never have been started, and we've wasted 5 pages arguing about nothing. please accept my sincerest apologies about this entire thread.
degreedy
AG
mods, can you delete or lock this thread.... this whole thing is dumb, i should never have started it.

been a while since we've had a pron blast, will that get this taken down?
Sims
AG
NPH- said:

this whole thing is dumb, i should never have started it.
WestAustinAg
AG
Every politician running in GOP usually has a good pair of western heel boots. It says I'm pro western values and I'm independent from the loafer *****ies in Washington.

Cruz, Cornyn, most of our congressman.
BluHorseShu
AG
aggie93 said:

NPH- said:

Don't understand this one, I guess I need texags opinion on the matter.

Does Desantis think he is actually fooling anyone into thinking he's taller than he actually is? It's beyond comical, kinda sad at this point watching him walk around campaigning in his high-heeled boots.

So what is his motivation here? Is it misguided? Does he believe this sets him apart from his competition if he's a few inches taller? Or are we witnessing real-time human evolution with the shape of his foot molding into something never before seen?

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/10/31/desantis-boots-shoemakers-00121044

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10/ron-desantis-is-almost-definitely-wearing-lifts-in-his-boots.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2023/10/31/is-desantis-wearing-heels-shoe-experts-say-probably-but-he-denies-rumors-boosted-by-trump/?sh=1554109c5768
The stupidest thing about all of this is it simply isn't true. DeSantis is 5'11. There are many pictures of his height and his boots that aren't framed in some weird way that show he isn't wearing lifts and that is his height. It's literally complete BS and Trump folks are trying to say that DeSantis denying it is somehow a negative against him. I mean I just don't know how you combat that level of stupid. BTW, it also proves ONCE AGAIN that Trump is colluding with the MSM against DeSantis so congrats on that.

Trump is 6'3, Biden is 6', Gaetz is 6'2

Not to nitpick, but Trump is only 6'. He's 6' 3" with his hair hat.
Rapier108
Booma94 said:

Not sure what's sadder- that the guy with a massive combover and orange make-up and his followers are trying to make an issue over a nothing-burger and name-calling like junior high flunkies or that anyone anywhere thinks this has any relevance in the race to be POTUS.
Because Trump isn't running on the issues, other than "revenge," "2020 was stolen," "I'm being persecuted," and insulting and lying about DeSantis. On a very rare occasion he'll make a dig at Biden.

Trump has turned the Republican primary into nothing but infantile insults from him, his acolytes on social media, and his followers. There is absolutely zero policy or issues discussion with MAGA. They're going solely on their love, reverence, and adulation of Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggie93
AG
I think we respect the OP and let this thread die.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.