High-heeled Desantis: Political Stunt, Potential Gamechanger, or Human Evolution?

9,056 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggie93
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread reminds me of off-season threads, only not as consequential.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
annie88
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Correctamundo.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
aggie93 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

The DeSantites were positive the media wouldn't do this to him because he's not Trump. It's all to drive clicks and division.
Of course the media will do this to him. It's just disappointing that Trump is doing it and this is all he has. He sure as hell doesn't want to talk policy or debate. It's also disappointing that Trump is colluding with the same media that has treated him so horribly even though they will clearly turn on him yet again.

Whatever though. I'm happy to support DeSantis because of what he stands for and what he is doing. I'll be in the boat until he either wins or is eliminated. I'll vote for the R either way but honestly at this point I'd rather take Haley over Trump.
And you can support or vote for whoever you want. Obviously.

DeSantis has said some pretty unkind things about Trump too.

Again, it's politics. It gets dirty.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
aggie93 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

The DeSantites were positive the media wouldn't do this to him because he's not Trump. It's all to drive clicks and division.
Of course the media will do this to him. It's just disappointing that Trump is doing it and this is all he has. He sure as hell doesn't want to talk policy or debate. It's also disappointing that Trump is colluding with the same media that has treated him so horribly even though they will clearly turn on him yet again.

Whatever though. I'm happy to support DeSantis because of what he stands for and what he is doing. I'll be in the boat until he either wins or is eliminated. I'll vote for the R either way but honestly at this point I'd rather take Haley over Trump.

List what is not Trumps fault.
J. Walter Weatherman
Funky Winkerbean said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Trump's influencers are pushing this harder than the media is.

Link?

About 10 posts up on this thread:

Here are a few more after about 2 minutes of searching:

Not that I blame them since there is nothing policy related that they can actually discuss. Jr. high insults is all they have left.
aggie93
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

aggie93 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

List what is not Trumps fault.
That's a long list. The depravity of the media. The disgusting nature of the Dems. The backstabbing within his own Party for the most part. The lawsuits against him are ridiculous. I mean I voted for the guy last time and will vote for him again if he is the candidate so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
degreedy
AG
I will say, I'll take little man tip toeing in boots over old man with poopy pants any day
captkirk
AG

Quote:

"Considering the fact that Politico Magazine admittedly spent money to consult 'boot experts' to run this hit piece on DeSantis tells you all you need to know about their 'journalism.' The governor doesn't pad his boots, but if he ever needed anything to line a pet cage or fold up and wedge under a table leg, that would be the highest and best use for Politico Magazine."
FL_Ag1998
AG
annie88 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Correctamundo.

Yet it was started by a Trump supporter. Kinda makes you think, huh?
aggie93
AG

Funky Winkerbean said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Link?

Not that I blame them since there is nothing policy related that they can actually discuss. Jr. high insults is all they have left.

I like how they are making it a story that "This is what DeSantis is talking about!" because he answered a question about his boots and looked at the interviewer like he was an idiot.

Leavitt is Trump's spokesperson. This is really what his campaign is about now.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
BigRobSA
Funky Winkerbean said:

Bull*****

We all said we knew they would. Just that Desantis can handle it better because he's not a moronic loudmouth that gives them fuel.
TX04Aggie
AG
Haha this is so dumb. He could wear clear stripper heels if he gets the job done. Im "almost" 5'10" and where cowboy cut boots a lot, find them better than roper cut. Never thought about height, but yeah guess it makes me taller. Who knew, I was compensating!!!!
lb3
AG
Urban Ag said:

I don't wear cowboy boots that often anymore but those heels don't look much different than the ones on my Ariats or Lucchese's. And I'm 6'3", I don't need any help.
it's not the boot heel but the lifts he's wearing inside:
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Desantis looks more and more uncomfortable every time I see him.
I can't prove it, but I still feel like he was forced to run in 2024 nearly against his will.
Ron used to swat away heavier stuff effortlessly and gracefully, those days seemed to have passed.
He is a great governor though.

Rapier108
The media is actually hiring "shoe experts" to quote in articles to back up this Trump pushed bull*****
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Phatbob
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

LOL, you think this is what the media would do to Desantis? This is just dumb, which is why Trump is pushing it - it's his specialty. The stuff that the left does is what Trump is bad at, which is why he is where he is, doing what he is doing. DeSantis fights the actual fight while Trump talks about being fat, small hands, and heels.
JWinTX
This is all fun and games until Trump gets pounded in the general election by whatever Dem gets the manufactured votes to beat him again. Or if Trump somehow does win only to be dead man walking by the Swamp.

The GOP is so fooked, which is also why America is done. No way a Trump ever gets back in the White House. Swamp ain't letting that happen. And after this election ends, we will just get Trump, Jr. to take over for Dad and kill any chance we ever have of getting the Presidency again.
J. Walter Weatherman
aggie93 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Link?

I like how they are making it a story that "This is what DeSantis is talking about!" because he answered a question about his boots and looked at the interviewer like he was an idiot.

Leavitt is Trump's spokesperson. This is really what his campaign is about now.

Agreed. Most grown adults would be embarrassed to support a unserious clown that was pulling this kind of stuff. Apparently not everyone though.
aggie93
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

Desantis looks more and more uncomfortable every time I see him.
I can't prove it, but I still feel like he was forced to run in 2024 nearly against his will.
Ron used to swat away heavier stuff effortlessly and gracefully, those days seemed to have passed.
He is a great governor though.
He did swat it away. He made the guy asking about it look like a moron. It's just Trump is trying to make it into something it isn't. Then he went on to have a focused and mature interview over a broad range of topics.

This is more about Trump acting desperate than DeSantis. Trump just dropped $1million spend in Iowa purely on negative ads on DeSantis, he isn't doing that for fun.

Ronald Reagan
GE
AG
Urban Ag said:

I don't wear cowboy boots that often anymore but those heels don't look much different than the ones on my Ariats or Lucchese's. And I'm 6'3", I don't need any help.
PBD asked him directly about it and Desantis said wtf are you talking about these are off the shelf Luccheses
pagerman @ work
AG
So people that support a man with a bad fake tan and the worst comb-over in Christendom won't support someone that is (allegedly) wearing lifts?
Mary Bailey
We are living in a clown world.
lead
So let me get this straight….

1) Stupid rumor about some "lifts" that Ron doesn't need. Presumably promulgated by Trump people.
2) Ron gets asked about this bizarre conspiracy and dismisses it.
3) Trump people then point a finger a Ron for discussing such a vain and nonsensical topic
4) This (non)topic gets 3 pages on Texags
aggie93
AG
BTW, apparently the Yale Baseball Team from over 20 years ago is in on the conspiracy!

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
Just like Reagan!
BigRobSA
aggie93 said:

BTW, apparently the Yale Baseball Team from over 20 years ago is in on the conspiracy!

Probably where he learned to eat pudding, too!!!!1
Rapier108
lead said:

1) Stupid rumor about some "lifts" that Ron doesn't need. Promulgated by Trump people.
3) Trump people then point a finger a Ron for discussing such a vain and nonsensical topic
4) Liberal media picks up the Trump attacks and repeats them.
5) This (non)topic gets 3 pages on Texags
FIFY
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
ttu_85
annie88 said:

I don't know how tall he is nor do I care, but DeSantis ain't 5'11" maybe close to 5'10"

They could end this easily.

Have him measured in his stocking feet.
I dont give a **** whether he is 5'11 or 5'10 and why do you ?

I care about having the best most effective conservative running the country and our party. The more the Trumpers play this stupid game the more pathetic that all look. Why don't the trumpers try arguing issues or policy, or how to defeat the cancer that is liberalism? Uh they cant because Trump is to scared to debate or talk about anything that really matters.

This stuff to me just reeks of low confidence and desperation on the part of Trump and his campaign. They'll talk shoes today, and maybe hair tomorrow ? But never will they talk about anything the really matters to the country.

Trump and his band of boot lickers have become pathetic
aggie93
AG
Rapier108 said:

lead said:

1) Stupid rumor about some "lifts" that Ron doesn't need. Promulgated by Trump people.
4) Liberal media picks up the Trump attacks and repeats them.
5) This (non)topic gets 3 pages on Texags
FIFY
This is the part where Team Trump comes out and screams at DeSantis' folks to "unify" as they openly work with the Left to spread lies about him. What? Can't take a joke? DeSantis is just so awkward.

Ronald Reagan
BigRobSA
ttu_85 said:

Trump and his band of boot lickers have become pathetic

"Have become"!?
shiftyandquick
Man does DeSantis look out of shape.
shiftyandquick
Btw, the irony of DeSantis supporters complaining about Trump's mean tweets is something else. MAGA-1 destroying MAGA-2.

All of you mocked everyone else who said Trump was a cruel little man who cheapened the presidency and did not have respect for what he should represent.

You made this food. Now go ahead and eat it With your pudding fingers.
aggie93
AG
shiftyandquick said:

Btw, the irony of DeSantis supporters complaining about Trump's mean tweets is something else. MAGA-1 destroying MAGA-2.

All of you mocked everyone else who said Trump was a cruel little man who cheapened the presidency and did not have respect for what he should represent.

You made this food. Now go ahead and eat it With your pudding fingers.
As a heads up, your guy in the White House just pooped his pants again.

Ronald Reagan
Retired FBI Agent
Wait until the Trump congregation learns that Jim Jordan is also 5'8. I am sure they will be just as moderately concerned, and it will be front page news.
https://tips.fbi.gov/
1-800-225-5324
Funky Winkerbean
AG
DeSantites turning themselves into Trump victims is hilarious.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.