"There Is No Climate Crisis"

75,430 Views | 905 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by nortex97
wxmanX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rockdoc said:

Are you familiar with climate fluctuations throughout geologic time?
then why are we warming so fast bud?

ain't the sun.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
wxmanX said:

Hey Shiner Aggie,

Let's me up for a beer and discuss in person.

I would love it.

Cheers.

Come on Shiner, take on for the team and report back.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

ain't the sun.

We're not warming all that fast.

and

It is the sun. We'll be having very warm/hot summers for the next couple of years. We are in a solar maxima.
ShinerAggie
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

wxmanX said:

Hey Shiner Aggie,

I would love it.

Cheers.

I don't even live in Texas. Besides, I've already argued with an idiot far more than I typically would. Doing that in public is not a good look despite the fact that I won't change a religious belief.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
Pepper Brooks
AG
Worth a read.

Unsettled: What Climate Science Tells Us, What It Doesn't, and Why It Matters

https://www.amazon.com/Unsettled-Climate-Science-Doesnt-Matters/dp/1950665798?nodl=1&dplnkId=e4b34e9e-729b-4370-9fc8-6e7eabbe11b0
Rockdoc
AG
wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

ain't the sun.

So you're not familiar?
AG
wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

ain't the sun.

Wait, so we can completely dismiss one variable (sun) but focus on another variable (man-made) in a multi-variable equation? That's not how things work.

ShinerAggie
AG
Mr Mojo Risin said:

wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

ain't the sun.

and

It is the sun. We'll be having very warm/hot summers for the next couple of years. We are in a solar maxima.
It's an El Nino year. The last big hysterical stretches were during El Nino events. Those are weather events, though, not climate.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
AG
ShinerAggie said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

wxmanX said:

Hey Shiner Aggie,

I would love it.

Cheers.

I don't even live in Texas. Besides, I've already argued with an idiot far more than I typically would. Doing that in public is not a good look despite the fact that I won't change a religious belief.
Texas might not be an issue, it might take a space ship to go to a different planet, so you are off the hook for now.

wxmanX
yes, I am.

Do you not see my credentials?

BS/MS meteorology Texas A&M.
wxmanX
ShinerAggie said:

Mr Mojo Risin said:

wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

ain't the sun.

and

It's an El Nino year. The last big hysterical stretches were during El Nino events. Those are weather events, though, not climate.
El Nino isn't the cause, takes a full year for the atmosphere to respond to the warmth of El Nino. 1998 peak heating occurred after the super nino of 1997.
Some of it could be from volcano, but A&M atmospheric scientists disagree.

Solar maxima adds barely anything to this.

Rockdoc
AG
wxmanX said:

yes, I am.

Yeah, I don't believe you are. I've had a 40 plus year career in the earth sciences and all you're doing is cherry picking left leaning articles. But you go girl.
Jbob04
AG
Those are awesome credentials Shel, we are so impressed
schmellba99
AG
wxmanX said:

yes, I am.

I am really starting to wonder about the quality of our program right now
B-1 83
AG
"Climate Science", and especially "Man Made" branch of it, does not follow the Scientific Method. There are far too many variables from nature itself to make a model that is repeatable.

Should have been the end of the thread, but there are "scientists" who insist it doesn't have to in order for us to jump off the edge.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
ShinerAggie
AG
wxmanX said:

ShinerAggie said:

Mr Mojo Risin said:

wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

ain't the sun.

and

El Nino isn't the cause, takes a full year for the atmosphere to respond to the warmth of El Nino. 1998 peak heating occurred after the super nino of 1997.
Some of it could be from volcano, but A&M atmospheric scientists disagree.

Solar maxima adds barely anything to this.

Total BS, again.
GTR: August 2023

Quote:

As discussed last month, this past July was the warmest global "absolute" monthly temperature (since July is already on average the hottest month each year) with a temperature 266.06 K. Because August is on average a little cooler than July, the absolute temperature this month was a little cooler too at 265.92 K even though the anomaly was larger (+0.69 K vs. +0.64 K). The continued warmer atmospheric temperatures are expected with the ongoing El Niño event through at least the boreal winter in 2024 since the tropical Pacific seawater temperatures are still warm.

Part of the exceptional warming during the last two months was likely due to the loss of heat content from the tropical Pacific Ocean between mid-June and late-July. A portion of that heatloss was likely fluxed into the atmosphere, causing the substantial warming in these two months, leading to their warmest values in the 45 years of record. Despite this heat loss, there is still a significant El Niño affecting the Tropical Pacific waters. See NOAA's El Niño updates here https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-statusfcsts-web.pdf.
Not to mention that El Nino events are cooling events where the oceans lose heat radiated to space through the atmosphere. But, it's the atmosphere that drives the climate, right?

That was a nice deflection away from claims record temperatures in DFW, though. Bravo!
Kozmozag
Climate science pays well.
jt2hunt
AG
wxmanX said:

108F after Sept 8th has never happened.

Also, this was the hottest summer ever across the south, as mentioned many times on this thread.

Since what year and you cannot prove this as a fact!
It is opinion.
samurai_science
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12482921/climate-scientist-patrick-brown-wildfires-started-people.html

Top scientist Patrick Brown says he deliberately OMITTED key fact in climate change piece he's just had published in prestigious journal to ensure woke editors ran it

• Patrick T. Brown, a lecturer at Johns Hopkins University, claimed the world's leading academic journals reject papers which don't 'support certain narratives'
  • He also took aim at the media for focusing 'intently on climate change as the root cause' of wildfires, including the recent devastating fires in Hawaii
  • The approach 'distorts a great deal of climate science research', Brown wrote in a piece for The Free Press
wxmanX
Rockdoc said:

wxmanX said:

yes, I am.

Yeah, I don't believe you are. I've had a 40 plus year career in the earth sciences and all you're doing is cherry picking left leaning articles. But you go girl.
What your degree in?
Have you taken weather observations since you were 12 years old, looked at climate journals since high school? Doubt it. Do you still take weather observations every day?

Have you forecasted the weather for private companies since 1990? I doubt it.

Did you write code to track weather stations all across this world, looked at reanalysis data and plot it using using your own software you wrote---doubt it.

wxmanX
Kozmozag said:

Climate science pays well.
pay is AWFUL.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

wxmanX said:

yes, I am.

What your degree in?
Have you taken weather observations since you were 12 years old, looked at climate journals since high school? Doubt it. Do you still take weather observations every day?

Did you write code to track weather stations all across this world, looked at reanalysis data and plot it using using your own software you wrote---doubt it.

You are really impressing yourself on this thread.

Congrats!
Rockdoc
AG
Glacials last about 100,000 years with interglacials lasting about 15,000 to 20,000 years. That's where we are now. There have been many over the last million years or so, and they will come and go until we are destroyed by an asteroid. What we have in this thread is a so called weatherman preaching leftist climate change. It's their religion. Stick to daily weather.
jt2hunt
AG
Rockdoc said:

Glacials last about 100,000 years with interglacials lasting about 15,000 to 20,000 years. That's where we are now. There have been many over the last million years or so, and they will come and go until we are destroyed by an asteroid. What we have in this thread is a so called weatherman preaching leftist climate change. It's their religion. Stick to daily weather.
Tailgate88
AG
Rockdoc said:

wxmanX
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

wxmanX said:

yes, I am.

What your degree in?

You are really impressing yourself on this thread.

Congrats!
Good
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Makes me wonder how young some of you are????

Those of us that have been around a while recall....

1970s - acid rain was going to kill us all in 10 years
1970s - nuclear winter imminent due to nuclear energy and an ice age was coming
1980s - drought was going to kill us all
1980s - wolrd will run out of oil in 10-15 years oh noes
1990s - Ozone being destroyed and rainforests depleted
2000s - Al Gore promised we would all be dead in 20 years
2005 - paper bags are bad, must use plastic
2010+ - another drought in Texas and we are all going to die
2015+ - plastic bags are bad, and straws too, must use paper (oh by the way the ozone is fine now and we don't care about trees any more cuz CO2 is actually causing growth, oh and we had plentiful rain for about 5+ years and all the lakes and reservoirs were restored)

ho hum.....

and i'm sure you believed it all sheep.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Solar maxima aside, here are some more variables involving that giant ball of fire in the sky that don't get much mention:
  • eccentricity
  • obliquity
  • axial precession
  • apsidal precession

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2948/milankovitch-orbital-cycles-and-their-role-in-earths-climate/#:~:text=Over%20time%2C%20the%20pull%20of,departs%20from%20a%20perfect%20circle.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wxmanX said:

yes, but trend is up everywhere, especially oceans.

Warmest 2023 on record in the oceans.
Warmest June-August on record worldwide.

when you figure out how small that "on record" period is let me know. it's shocking. might actually make you think outside of those pretty graphs and what you've been told.

ShinerAggie
AG
Don't know if you've ever seen this. Not as wide ranging as your list, but still very interesting.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/failed-prediction-timeline/
wxmanX
ShinerAggie said:

Don't know if you've ever seen this. Not as wide ranging as your list, but still very interesting.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/failed-prediction-timeline/
Global Time Series | Climate at a Glance | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) (noaa.gov)
wxmanX
wxmanX
eric76
AG
wxmanX said:

yea, whatever.

World is 1.6C above the mean, NATL highest temps ever, Gulf highest temps ever. Record warm TX, highest lows ever in Baton Rouge, Tampa, Miami, PHX this year.
Morrocco 122F, highest ever.
Greece, 119F highest ever.
Spain 118F tied highest ever.
Huh?

Highest ever? Not hardly.

Highest in the past century or so? Possibly, but that is pretty much an insignificant period in climate history. There is evidence that the average temperatures of just a few thousand years ago were higher.
ShinerAggie
AG
It isn't a surprise that the official NOAA/NCEI timeline shows warming. When you torture the data, it WILL confess:

Cooling the past to create or enhance a trend is not science. It's not even "science". It's fraud, pure and simple.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.