"There Is No Climate Crisis"

74,877 Views | 904 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by oh no
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wxmanX said:

ShinerAggie said:

Don't know if you've ever seen this. Not as wide ranging as your list, but still very interesting.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/failed-prediction-timeline/
Global Time Series | Climate at a Glance | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) (noaa.gov)

The entire board seeing you post something from the NOAA…

wxmanX
https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/monitoring/climate-at-a-glance/global/time-series/globe/land_ocean/1/7/1900-2023?filter=true&filterType=loess
ShinerAggie
AG

It's curious that the "adjustments" correlate so well with atmospheric CO2. One would think those should be completely independent unless minute increases in CO2 negatively impact brain function...oh, wait.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

wxmanX said:

yes, I am.

Do you not see my credentials?

BS/MS meteorology Texas A&M.

Yeah, I don't believe you are. I've had a 40 plus year career in the earth sciences and all you're doing is cherry picking left leaning articles. But you go girl.
What your degree in?
Have you taken weather observations since you were 12 years old, looked at climate journals since high school? Doubt it. Do you still take weather observations every day?

Have you forecasted the weather for private companies since 1990? I doubt it.

Did you write code to track weather stations all across this world, looked at reanalysis data and plot it using using your own software you wrote---doubt it.

My degree in Geology. Collect rocks since I was 12. Found fossils in Wyoming and Big Bend, no seawater anywhere. Wrote code that Earth climate change through time.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
wxmanX
cool, you don't see me talking smack about geology.

But I will talk smack about meteorology and climatology.
wxmanX
I guess they adjusted ocean temps too?
And glacier melts, sea level rise?

Come on man.
nortex97
AG
The northern hemisphere will cool over the next few months. Happy to help.
Rockdoc
AG
Talking smack? Nobody is talking smack about any discipline. We're just calling you out for cherrypicking lib talking points and just flat out being wrong about climate change being caused by man. Stick to the weather.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
wxmanX said:

Climate and the Earth has changed for billions of years. Man has had a measurable impact on climate in 120 years? Great Lakes were formed by glaciers. Wyoming and Montana were in a shallow inland sea.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
oh no
AG
I will continue to resist the communist and tyrannical agenda of xwomanx's religion. More government and more taxes are never the correct answers.

"Bioethicist", S. Matthew Liao: In order to tackle "climate change", humans should be genetically modified to be intolerant to meat.

"If we eat less meat, we could significantly reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Now, some people would be willing to eat less meat, but they lack the willpower. Human engineering could help... We could artificially induce intolerance to meat, and in this way, we can create an aversion to eating eco unfriendly food."
VegasAg86
AG
oh no said:

I will continue to resist the communist and tyrannical agenda of xwomanx's religion. More government and more taxes are never the correct answers.

"Bioethicist", S. Matthew Liao: In order to tackle "climate change", humans should be genetically modified to be intolerant to meat.

"If we eat less meat, we could significantly reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Now, some people would be willing to eat less meat, but they lack the willpower. Human engineering could help... We could artificially induce intolerance to meat, and in this way, we can create an aversion to eating eco unfriendly food."

What could possibly go wrong with this?

Can we do it? Is the wrong question. The more important question is: should we do it? The answer is: no way in hell.
DoitBest
S

eric76
AG
wxmanX said:

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/monitoring/climate-at-a-glance/global/time-series/globe/land_ocean/1/7/1900-2023?filter=true&filterType=loess
We had been in a cold period for the previous 700 or 800 years or so and were warming up from it. Thank goodness we aren't still in that cold period.
fullback44
AG
All / most of the the science deniers seem to just show up on these type posts.. most no Agtag. Just random people purchasing a subscription and then posting .. doesn't that seem odd?
Logos Stick
ShinerAggie said:

Don't know if you've ever seen this. Not as wide ranging as your list, but still very interesting.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/failed-prediction-timeline/

Wow. James Hansen has been spectacularly wrong on just about everything. The guy should be embarrassed to show his face in public. He's psychotic.
VitruvianAg
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

wxmanX said:

Climate and the Earth has changed for billions of years. Man has had a measurable impact on climate in 120 years? Great Lakes were formed by glaciers. Wyoming and Montana were in a shallow inland sea.

This graph is the best demonstrator of the alarmist NS
Rockdoc
AG
VitruvianAg said:

wxmanX said:

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell, but they can't accept that because it doesn't fit with their political playbook.
VitruvianAg
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

Worth a read.

Unsettled: What Climate Science Tells Us, What It Doesn't, and Why It Matters

https://www.amazon.com/Unsettled-Climate-Science-Doesnt-Matters/dp/1950665798?nodl=1&dplnkId=e4b34e9e-729b-4370-9fc8-6e7eabbe11b0

I just picked up the book yesterday. I haven't started it as I'm right in the middle of "Einstein's Unfinished Dream ".... you can imagine the Gravity.

But I'm curious as to Koonin's apparent reversal, he was an the Obama Administration science official. Book appears to take a different observation on the IPCC climate report than most climate alarmist tend to take.
ShinerAggie
AG
Yes, sea level adjustments are made:

Yes, SST adjustments are made:

"Adjusting" glaciers is nonsensical, but plenty of games are played with sea ice extent/volume as well as ice sheet mass balances.
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
ShinerAggie
AG
VitruvianAg said:

wxmanX said:

I don't know...this has to be right up there:

Alarmists Predict '1 Billion' Deaths from Climate Change This Century

Quote:

Researchers from Canada and Australia have published a study predicting a remarkable one billion deaths from climate change over the next 100 years.

Citing a "scientific consensus," the authors analyzed 180 studies on climate change and mortality, converging on a "1000-ton rule," which means for every 1,000 tons of fossil fuel burned, a person dies.

The article, published in the journal Energies, contends that "a future person is killed every time humanity burns 1000 tons of fossil carbon," based on a calculation that "burning a trillion tons of fossil carbon will cause 2C of anthropogenic global warming (AGW), which in turn will cause roughly a billion future premature deaths spread over a period of very roughly one century."

Estimates of world population growth suggest that by 2100 there will be just over 10 billion humans on the planet, meaning that 10 percent of humanity will die from climate change, if the study's authors are to be believed.
I guess we'd all better get on with the dying as we will need 19 people PER SECOND to die from "climate" change to reach that mark in 100 years.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
Oh they've got this. I'm sure premature death in this case is anyone who dies before the median life expectancy in their particular country or region. Based on that alone, half the deaths across the globe can be attributed to MMGW/CC.

They'll topple that 1B hypothesis with ease.
ShinerAggie
AG
Mr Mojo Risin said:

Oh they've got this. I'm sure premature death in this case is anyone who dies before the median life expectancy in their particular country or region. Based on that alone, half the deaths across the globe can be attributed to MMGW/CC.

Maybe so, but I think we'd notice an extra 19 people per second kicking the bucket over an above the normal mortality rate. If they attempt to twist the statistics to prove their claim but the background mortality rate remains unchanged, then that's pretty weak sauce.

However, to your point, starting a world war or unleashing a more deadly virus to reduce world population could be much more effective at achieving their Malthusian goals.
captkirk
AG
fullback44 said:

All / most of the the science deniers seem to just show up on these type posts.. most no Agtag. Just random people purchasing a subscription and then posting .. doesn't that seem odd?
^
|
|
Thermometer denier

Mr Mojo Risin
AG
ShinerAggie said:

Mr Mojo Risin said:

Maybe so, but I think we'd notice an extra 19 people per second kicking the bucket over an above the normal mortality rate. If they attempt to twist the statistics to prove their claim but the background mortality rate remains unchanged, then that's pretty weak sauce.

However, to your point, starting a world war or unleashing a more deadly virus to reduce world population could be much more effective at achieving their Malthusian goals.
But that's the beauty of it, roughly 50-60M people die each year around the globe. The "premature deaths due to AGW" is such a nebulous phrase that they will be "right" no matter the true outcome.
ShinerAggie
AG
Mr Mojo Risin said:

ShinerAggie said:

Mr Mojo Risin said:

But that's the beauty of it, roughly 50-60M people die each year around the globe. The "premature deaths due to AGW" is such a nebulous phrase that they will be "right" no matter the true outcome.
That does seem to be their MO, sadly. They hide in the shadows waiting to trot out dubious calculations with no supporting scientific data or methodology.
ShinerAggie
AG
New Study: 'Natural Climate Drivers Dominate In The Current Warming'

Quote:

Per CERES observations the surface incident shortwave (SW) radiation anomaly increased by +1.61 W/m from 2001 to 2019, and +1.75 W/m from 2001 to 2021 (Ollila, 2023).

This SW increase is likely due to natural variations in cloud cover albedo, or reflectiveness; it can explain global warming (0.46C) over this period.

The IPCC and climate activists have been downplaying or dismissing the increase in downwelling SW radiation as a driver of warming, as this "challenges the basis of the [climate models]" that attribute warming almost exclusively to human activities. (emphasis mine)

Quote:

Total Solar Irradiance (TSI) trends have also been linked to long-term climate warming since 1750.

Most TSI reconstruction studies depict TSI rising by ~3 W/m from 1900 to the 1930s (from -2 W/m below to +1 W/m above the reference level), and then TSI is "about 1.5 W/m higher than the reference level" from around 1990 onward.
In all, TSI has increased by 1.1 W/m since 1750, which is a non-negligible contribution to global warming.

"[T]he temperature impact of the TSI change of 1.1 W/m from 1750 to 2020 would be 0.32C."

Of course, if it's all or mostly a natural phenomenon, governments can't punitively tax natural events and a lot of "climate" "scientists" would have a pile of crow to eat.
wxmanX
wxmanX
https://artsci.tamu.edu/news/2023/07/whats-causing-earths-hottest-days-to-date-and-what-does-it-mean-for-our-planet.html
Rockdoc
AG
There is no man made climate change. Sorry.
oh no
AG
wxmanX said:

https://artsci.tamu.edu/news/2023/07/whats-causing-earths-hottest-days-to-date-and-what-does-it-mean-for-our-planet.html
riveting article you posted there. it's conclusion:
Quote:

What are the potential implications and consequences of this record being broken?
The primary consequence of the record being broken is that it is a news event that provides an opportunity to put climate change in the headlines.

Quote:

What steps (if any) can humans take to prevent the continuous record-breaking cycles?
This record will be broken again in a few years, and there's nothing we can do about that.
Ellis Wyatt
wxmanX said:

Rockdoc said:

wxmanX said:

yes, I am.

Do you not see my credentials?

BS/MS meteorology Texas A&M.

Yeah, I don't believe you are. I've had a 40 plus year career in the earth sciences and all you're doing is cherry picking left leaning articles. But you go girl.
What your degree in?
Does a person need a degree in science to know when the scientific method is purposefully not being used to arrive at "science?"
VegasAg86
AG
oh no said:

wxmanX said:

riveting article you posted there. it's conclusion:
Quote:

What are the potential implications and consequences of this record being broken?
The primary consequence of the record being broken is that it is a news event that provides an opportunity to put climate change in the headlines.

Quote:

What steps (if any) can humans take to prevent the continuous record-breaking cycles?
This record will be broken again in a few years, and there's nothing we can do about that.

This is my favorite line:

"July 4 and 5 marked Earth's hottest days since record-keeping began in 1979" (emphasis added)

wxmanX
Lee may reach a CAT 5, at least CAT 4.

Two CAT 5's in span of 72 hours, Hurricane Jova over ultra warm E. Pacific.

ATL 15 CAT 5's since 2000.

ATL running about 3-5F warmer than normal near Lee. ATL has been running above normal for 23 years now.

wxmanX
Hey, guess who was right about 108F this week Dallas!

wxmanX
Quote:

At least hurricanes are doing what they do best, cooling the ocean...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.