Out-Of-Control Wildfire Spreads On Hawaii's Maui Island

37,561 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by et98
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agthatbuilds said:

On the morning of 9-11 after the first plane hit there were announcements made to 'go back to your offices'
Muy
AG
Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Roughly 1,000 to 1,100 individuals are still unaccounted for in the aftermath of the Maui wildfires, according to island officials.
Recovery efforts are underway in Maui, but county officials revealed on Tuesday that at least 1,000 individuals remain unaccounted for at this point. The good news, however, is that 1,400 more individuals who were previously reported as missing or unaccounted for have since been identified as safe.
According to Maui County's update:
Quote:

Both numbers are expected to fluctuate for the foreseeable future as additional reports of unaccounted for individuals are submitted, and for as long the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Maui Police Department (MPD) and other law enforcement agencies continue to work diligently to make contact with individuals who have already been reported unaccounted for.
The county is asking individuals to report anyone unaccounted for to the Maui Police Department (MPD). Individuals are also asked to contact the FBI if they come in contact with an individual who has been reported as missing so that person can be removed from the list.
Video of presser at LINK
Ag In Ok
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

From reddit and unverified so don't come at me.

Tell me the remains are of children without telling me the remains are children.
aggiehawg
AG
Lahaina schools having problems reenrolling (or signing up for distance learning) children after the fire. Go to page 11. Over 2,000 out of 3,000 that were enrolled pre-fire, per school board report. That is not saying all of them are dead but that is scary number given the efforts they are making to find their students if you read the report.

LINK
techno-ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Lahaina schools having problems reenrolling (or signing up for distance learning) children after the fire. Go to page 11. Over 2,000 out of 3,000 that were enrolled pre-fire, per school board report. That is not saying all of them are dead but that is scary number given the efforts they are making to find their students if you read the report.

LINK
Relatives tell us the schools in Hawaii are pretty bad. Can't imagine this disaster not impacting them even harder than a decently run district on the mainland. God bless.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Relatives tell us the schools in Hawaii are pretty bad. Can't imagine this disaster not impacting them even harder than a decently run district on the mainland. God bless.
Had a relative who worked for Edison schools several years back and she was assigned to their schools throughout Hawaii to try to improve their curricula and teaching methods. As a blue-eyed blond (with loads of school administration and education degrees) she was treated like some meth head that wandered in off of the street by many of those teachers and administrators. Experienced pushback on all of her suggestions.

Their public schools are largely crap but I don't doubt they are trying their best to locate as many kids as possible. Just so sad.
Tibbers
Surely one of the officers would come forward and explain the barricade situation. Surely that would be the case, right? There has to be one good officer that would either confirm or deny it.
94chem
FTAG 2000 said:

AgGrad99 said:

If that memo is true....I'm going to need someone to explain it to me. How is it respectful to the deceased, to not post a picture of a burned down tree/building?

When/Where have we ever stopped coverage of a natural disaster?
When's the last time a bunch of favored party politicians were responsible for killing a thousand Americans, reportedly 80% of which are children?

Just an average week for Planned Parenthood, but I digress...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Squadron7
snowdog90

From reddit and unverified so don't come at me.

This is disgusting. This is a blatant attempt to bury this story and hide evidence of what happened and what continues to happen. It should remind many of another incident where media blackout was "requested".

The American government is broken seemingly beyond all repair, unless the Liberty Tree gets watered. Sadly, I don't know if the earth has that much water.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Weren't people on social media documenting the situation first hand?

Where do they get the idea that Russia and China had anything to do with it?

Is that the default response nowadays or what?

C@LAg
let me guess.

these "researchers" were paid for by the Democrat Party to serve as the scapegoats for Democrat incompetence.
fka ftc
If it weren't for Elon buying Twitter no one would probably know there was a devastating wildfire.
torrid
AG
Now that it's been a few weeks, I thought it was worth re-visiting the number of fatalities. Right now the official number of deaths is 97 with 31 still missing.

https://apnews.com/article/maui-hawaii-wildfire-death-toll-3dc505d4d83b6af5ee01fdaf173c4f01
The Kraken
AG

Agthatbuilds said:

On the morning of 9-11 after the first plane hit there were announcements made to 'go back to your offices'
What are you implying? That the government was behind 9/11? In hindsight the security at the south tower made the wrong decision but they had no idea that UA175 was on its way to hit that building and there were concerns evacuating that tower would impede the evacuation of the hit north tower.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
techno-ag
AG
Bump.

Everybody getting paid.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/08/03/maui-wildfire-victims-land-settlement/

Quote:

The Maui wildfire victims landed a $4 billion settlement regarding the August 2023 fires, the governor's office announced Friday.

Seven defendants, including the state of Hawaii, County of Maui, Hawaiian Electric, Kamehameha Schools, West Maui Land Co., Hawaiian Telcom and Spectrum/Charter Communications, will compensate all those who filed claims, and the settlement resolves over 450 lawsuits, according to a press release from Democratic Hawaii Gov. Josh Green. The August 8, 2023, wildfire resulted in the death of 102 people and damaged more than 3,000 structures in Lahaina, The New York Times reported.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Fenrir
Correction: Lawyers are getting paid
et98
AG
Fenrir said:

Correction: Lawyers are getting paid
Correction: Lawyers, Governments, & Monopolies are getting paid

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.