How about that women's national team?

19,763 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stallion6
Hungry Ojos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who didn't see that coming?

I must confess, seeing them fall flat on their un-athletic, woke faces after ALL OF THAT **** talking brought a bit of joy to my heart.
AndAg
AG
Cart<horse. They tied a team in group stage and still lead the group.
Lake08
Still will make the knockout stage. Nothing to see here
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I don't soccer, but is a 1-1 tie really falling flat on their un-athletic faces?
torrid
AG
Yep, a 1-1 draw is 10x more exciting than a 0-0 draw.
Hungry Ojos
Ol_Ag_02 said:

I don't soccer, but is a 1-1 tie really falling flat on their un-athletic faces?

Have you not seen a single one of the pre-tournament commercials about how unstoppable and incredible they are supposed to be?
No Spin Ag
Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
torrid
AG
I'll admit, I was semi-interested in the tournament when the team won in '99. But that is back when they had Mia Hamm, the patron saint of girls with ponytails.
Harry Stone
AG
Lake08 said:

Still will make the knockout stage. Nothing to see here

if they lose the next game to portugal and the netherlands beats vietnam, theyre out.
aTmAg
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

You misspelled anti-Americans.
Hungry Ojos
No Spin Ag said:

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?
Burdizzo
AG
torrid said:

Watching red paint fade is more exciting than watching blue paint fade. That is what I gather from this discussion.
No Spin Ag
Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?
That they don't believe in some of your ideals doesn't make them less American. Or do you think conservative parents who have liberal children should not think of them as Americans?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Dimebag Darrell
Honestly, if soccer didn't allow ties, I would watch a lot more of it. I hate that part of the game so much.
LarryElder
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Honestly, if soccer didn't allow ties, I would watch a lot more of it. I hate that part of the game so much.
like the NFL allows ties?
akm91
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Don't paint the entire team with the same brush. There are lots of youngsters on the team that we have no idea what their political believes are.
akm91
AG

They only allow draws in the group stages in tournaments.
Dimebag Darrell
LarryElder said:

like the NFL allows ties?
I don't watch much NFL, but old football rules that allowed for ties at the end of regulation, with no overtime absolutely sucked. Their new rules are better, and so is college (you can still tie in college, it's just really really rare).

The thing is...as a sport, football gives me so much more than soccer in terms of excitement and enjoyment, so I could put up with ties still. I can't say the same at all for soccer. Every tied game should go to a shootout or some type of exciting accelerated overtime, where boring "keep away" shenanigans are discouraged.

I think soccer would draw a lot more casual fans if they just tweaked this. I hate to watch 90+ minutes of mostly boring strategy, only to end in a freaking tie/draw/whatever they call it.
Dimebag Darrell
akm91 said:

I understand...and in MLS and euro league soccer right? I think draws should be done away with period. Then I'll invest more time watching...if at least I know there is a payoff at the end. There should always be winners and losers. Baseball has always had this right.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Have you not seen a single one of the pre-tournament commercials about how unstoppable and incredible they are supposed to be?

Not a single one. Are commercials something they show on live TV?
twk
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

To be fair, only some of them are anti-American.
torrid
AG
akm91 said:

If I recall correctly, the '99 championship game ended in a draw and was decided by a 5-4 shootout. One of the American players was credited with kicking the "winning goal", but I always felt more credit was due to the American goalie for being able to stop a point-blank kick.
Dimebag Darrell
twk said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

I will only root for a team that is 100% pro-America. If you have a single anti-American flaming lib, I'm out. I'll root for any country over you. Was bummed that Netherlands didn't pull it off. Didn't watch, but just checked score a few times hoping I'd see them ahead.
BurnetAggie99
Most of them on the team definitely believe in Woke ideology. During the National Anthem a lot of them were disgraceful while the National Anthem played.

I won't watch and I hope they get beat.
NASAg03
akm91 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Don't paint the entire team with the same brush. There are lots of youngsters on the team that we have no idea what their political believes are.
Silence is violence. Isn't that what they (the loudest, most liberal anti-American ones) say?

If there are conservative members on the team, you know they aren't allowed to be vocal or disagree with the liberal narrative. Just ask the teammates "Liar" Thomas.

I used to be a huge USWNT fan. A lot of other people did too. They took pride in them representing America well.

Now? I haven't heard a single person rave about them or say a single thing about the women's world cup. It isn't on the front page of even liberal news sites, including ESPN. If it wasn't for this thread popping up on TexAgs, I wouldn't even know it was going on.

TV ratings were already down 10% from 2021 to 2022, so it will be interesting to see how this year compares to past interest and the men's world cup showing.

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/uswnt-tv-ratings-down-10-from-2021-20221225-WST-413143.html
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
twk
AG

twk said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

I will only root for a team that is 100% pro-America. If you have a single anti-American flaming lib, I'm out. I'll root for any country over you. Was bummed that Netherlands didn't pull it off. Didn't watch, but just checked score a few times hoping I'd see them ahead.
I don't watch women's soccer, just on principal (that principal being, I don't find it entertaining).
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
torrid said:

Being able to still tie in this modern age of sports is ghey.
2040huck
Hungry Ojos said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Have you not read that this is a talented, but young team? You get all your information from commercials?
Horn_in_Aggieland
Vietnam looks bad so they should lose to The Netherlands.

Portugal looked good this morning but they were playing Vietnam.

The coolest thing I've seen so far is the 16-year-old American who became the youngest World Cup player when she came in as a substitute. For South Korea.
Hungry Ojos
2040huck said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Have you not read that this is a talented, but young team? You get all your information from commercials?
Rydyn
AG
Burdizzo said:

torrid said:

Watching red paint fade is more exciting than watching blue paint fade. That is what I gather from this discussion.
Agree. Red paint fades MUCH faster than Blue paint.

I don't ever paint anything Red anymore.
We live on a tax farm as free range humans.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
You're going to go with "unathletic"?

Did they steal from you? Kick your dog? Punch you in the face?
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Hungry Ojos said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

You mean the back to back defending champions?
TXAggie2011
AG
You woke up feeling really in need of attention, huh?
deddog
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

That they don't believe in some of your ideals doesn't make them less American. Or do you think conservative parents who have liberal children should not think of them as Americans?

Social media in other countries is showing how the Americans disrespect their Anthem.
That they have talent, is undoubtable.
The US soccer team is a good representative for a few things that the world hates about America ....the complete lack of humility, divisiveness arrogance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.