How about that women's national team?

19,756 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stallion6
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another thread complaining about a team that the complainers weren't going to watch even if the players had the flag tatooed across their faces just dripping with patriotism.

The same ones who don't realize this isn't the same team that the read about on their Fox News app two World Cups cycles ago.

The ones who don't watch the sport but want to change all the rules.

Those are definitely the folks I'm going to get my international soccer hot takes from.
samurai_science
No Spin Ag said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?
That they don't believe in some of your ideals doesn't make them less American. Or do you think conservative parents who have liberal children should not think of them as Americans?

I think of them as an enemy since they want to destroy my way of life.
LarryElder
Hopefully they lose the next game
LarryElder
No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

What' does them being someone's daughter have to do with anything what an odd take
Ol_Ag_02
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Another thread complaining about a team that the complainers weren't going to watch even if the players had the flag tatooed across their faces just dripping with patriotism.

The same ones who don't realize this isn't the same team that the read about on their Fox News app two World Cups cycles ago.

Those are definitely the folks I'm going to get my international soccer hot takes from.

As someone who doesn't watch soccer and has no skin in the game this is 100% accurate.
PlaneCrashGuy
TheEternalPessimist
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?

I think what you mean to say is "they don't believe in a single one of MY American ideals"

And you can't speak for all of them either.

This is about as bad as all the pro Putin posts that have been on here for the last few years.

Well, your post is about as useful as a used condom, considering that they wouldn't even sing our national anthem. Do you have the capacity to think? Or just react? Serious question.

Isn't protesting as American as it gets? Some of them did have their hand on their heart.

THEY ARE PROTESTING AMERICA! Good Lord dude.

They're still representing our country and they still love it. You don't speak for them.
They don't represent me. At all. I hope they lose every game. Total trash.
Skull Session
They are just a team that many Americans love to hate. They wear that cape well. And to top it all off, they cultivate the negativity towards them. Maybe they can go to the White House and let joe sniff them after all this is over?
jograki
AG
Did y'all know you can separate the dislike you have for one person without putting down the rest of the team? Most of those ladies are awesome both on and off the field and do a lot for their community, like Julie Ertz, Lindsey Horan, and Sophie Smith. They and many others on the team deserve every bit of support.

BTHO Portugal!
AgRyan04
It's a VERY broad brush and it is a result of only knowing the little bit of information that some click bait article wants you to know so you will get blindly outraged.

I don't think anyone goes around saying the 1970s Buffalo Bills are murderers just because one player is.
Counterpoint
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

LarryElder said:

Honestly, if soccer didn't allow ties, I would watch a lot more of it. I hate that part of the game so much.
like the NFL allows ties?
I don't watch much NFL, but old football rules that allowed for ties at the end of regulation, with no overtime absolutely sucked. Their new rules are better, and so is college (you can still tie in college, it's just really really rare).

I read four pages hoping this would be answered...how do you tie in college football?
Logos Stick
AgRyan04 said:

It's a VERY broad brush and it is a result of only knowing the little bit of information that some click bait article wants you to know so you will get blindly outraged.

I don't think anyone goes around saying the 1970s Buffalo Bills are murderers just because one player is.

So if the 1970s Bills got together for an international flag football tournament and OJ was on the team, youd be rooting for them Why would you root for a bunch of athletes that would welcome and play alongside OJ?

Kick Rapinoe and the rest of the nation hating garbage off the team. That's a step towards reconciliation, healing and unity. Can we begin there?
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Did y'all know you can separate the dislike you have for one person without putting down the rest of the team? Most of those ladies are awesome both on and off the field and do a lot for their community, like Julie Ertz, Lindsey Horan, and Sophie Smith. They and many others on the team deserve every bit of support.

BTHO Portugal!
I'll admit that my dislike for Rapinoe biased my attitude toward this team. It was easy because I don't really care about soccer. But I watched about an hour of the Netherlands game and I came away impressed with the US team and their skills. The header by Horan to even the match was damn good. Women's soccer has greatly improved over the last two decades.
Logos Stick
Counterpoint said:

LarryElder said:

Honestly, if soccer didn't allow ties, I would watch a lot more of it. I hate that part of the game so much.
I don't watch much NFL, but old football rules that allowed for ties at the end of regulation, with no overtime absolutely sucked. Their new rules are better, and so is college (you can still tie in college, it's just really really rare).

I read four pages hoping this would be answered...how do you tie in college football?

You know you can't so why ask the question?
Counterpoint
AG
Logos Stick said:

Counterpoint said:

LarryElder said:

You know you can't so why ask the question?

Hoping it was some obscure rule I'd never heard of so I could learn something new.
akm91
AG
Great point. Will always root for Horan and Ertz on the team.

Robert L. Peters
This is an odd flex
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Dimebag Darrell
Counterpoint said:

LarryElder said:

My bad, forgot it is now unlimited over times until game is settled. Can't remember when it changed, but thought there was still a set amount of overtimes. LSU game proves me wrong, duh!

Hasn't been a tied game since 1995 lol. Boy was I wrong.
AgRyan04
Thwre are three current starters in that old photo and two of them are standing....including the current captain.
StillNotAnAggie
https://instagr.am/p/CtmPb6Ptk6L
BallerStaf2003
AG
one safe place said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

I think what you mean to say is "they don't believe in a single one of MY American ideals"

This is about as bad as all the pro Putin posts that have been on here for the last few years.

Well, your post is about as useful as a used condom, considering that they wouldn't even sing our national anthem. Do you have the capacity to think? Or just react? Serious question.

Isn't protesting as American as it gets? Some of them did have their hand on their heart.

No, I have never protested nor have any of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people I have known in my life. Not a single protest.

You know for a fact that hundreds of people you know have never protested ever?
Mayor West
AG
jograki said:

BTHO Portugal!

Then shame on all the rest of the team for allowing Rapinoe to take over as their representative to the US and world.
txags92
AG
Mayor West said:

jograki said:

BTHO Portugal!

Then shame on all the rest of the team for allowing Rapinoe to take over as their representative to the US and world.
This. If they disagree with Rapinoe, all they have to do is say something along the lines of "I don't agree with her and want to make it clear that she doesn't speak for me or the rest of the team, but she is very welcome to voice her own personal opinions." Staying silent and letting her speak for the team and be the face of the team paints them all with the same brush.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
jograki said:

BTHO Portugal!

Nah. It's way easier to get up in arms and make dramatic statements trashing the whole squad.
AgRyan04
Or maybe they just want to play soccer and not be involved in all the BS and fallout from whichever mob wants to tar and feather them for the "wrong" opinion
txags92
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Or maybe they just want to play soccer and not be involved in all the BS and fallout from whichever mob wants to tar and feather them for the "wrong" opinion
Then play soccer. And tell their teammates to just play soccer. That is all anybody wants except a couple of blowhards.
AgRyan04
txags92 said:

AgRyan04 said:

Then play soccer. And tell their teammates to just play soccer. That is all anybody wants except a couple of blowhards.

They are. But you've painted them with "the same brush" for it.

I think many of us have been trying to drive home the point that this is a different team and nearly a completely different roster so quit blaming them for the last group's shortcomings.
FCBlitz
BallerStaf2003 said:

one safe place said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

No, I have never protested nor have any of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people I have known in my life. Not a single protest.

You know for a fact that hundreds of people you know have never protested ever?

I know for a fact that a my lifetime and all of my friends have never protested the flag as a focal point. I didn't go out and steal a bunch of bud light beer and then talk about how bad america is and that the US is a terrible place to live, and the history of the US makes it an evil country.

As for me. My protest is not to buy Bud Light. I am against the military paying for abortions, so I wrote my local congressman and Ted Cruz. I would never, nor would my lifetime of friends used the moment during the pledge of allegiance, a flag ceremony or during the national anthem to launch into a protest.
proudaggie02
AG
AndAg said:

Cart<horse. They tied a team in group stage and still lead the group.
They dominated the Netherlands and could've easily won by 3 goals. The offsides goal that was called off was really close, Rodman missed a really easy one, and USWNT had 7-8 more good chances to maybe 2 decent chances for the Netherlands.

USWNT had almost all the attack, and the game was largely played in the Netherland's defensive half.
PlaneCrashGuy
one safe place
AgRyan04 said:

txags92 said:

AgRyan04 said:

I think many of us have been trying to drive home the point that this is a different team and nearly a completely different roster so quit blaming them for the last group's shortcomings.
What did "this roster" do during the playing of the national anthem?
Burnsey
AG
AgRyan04 said:

You're right, nobody here gives two ****s about women's international soccer, except you apparently. We do care about having to pay for an entitled disrespectful group that supposedly was sent to represent us on a world stage. It's no surprise that many of us here can't stand or support them.
jja79
AG
I guess you don't care for anthem protestor Von Miller.
No Spin Ag
one safe place said:

AgRyan04 said:

txags92 said:

AgRyan04 said:

What did "this roster" do during the playing of the national anthem?

That people focus on what's not being done on the field is odd.

I always thought people went to games to watch the game, not what individuals are doing with the rights this great country of ours gives them.

It's got to be hard knowing that unless 100% of everyone involved in whatever one is watching is 100% aligned with one's personal views, they'll either not watch it for the joy it's intended to give, or they'll watch it to look too see if they can find someone, or something, that they can fuel their outrage with.

I hope going through life looking for things to get enraged about brings joy and happiness to those people, otherwise it's got to be a tough life to live. And life's already tough, and too short, as it is.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
agz win
AG
Coffee with insightful postings. Nice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.