How about that women's national team?

19,754 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stallion6
Brutal Puffin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Woke = anti-liberty. If you are not for liberty you are anti-liberty. You believe you are morally superior to everyone else. You think you can tell everyone what to believe, how to think, and how to behave. You are against the very principles America was founded on. You are against free markets, free minds, and private property. You are fundamentally anti-American.
mwm
A second tie game? It brings to mind the phrase "kissing your sister".
EclipseAg
AG
Former player -- now announcer -- Carli Lloyd bashed the team's veterans for dancing and singing after their draw the other night, saying they hadn't played well and shouldn't be pleased to barely escape elimination.

Of course, now the liberal knives are out in full force. Saw multiple articles and tweets criticizing her for daring to speak out against Rapinoe and company. One called her a "right-wing scold."
EclipseAg
AG
And now she's having to "clarify" her remarks.

So the team wants to be paid like men, but of course, they don't want the same scrutiny.

Txmoe
AG
mwm said:

A second tie game? It brings to mind the phrase "kissing your sister".
I think I know the joke you're making, and I'm here for it.
sam callahan
"Define woke" brought to you by the people who can't define "woman".
TexasAggiesWin
S
EclipseAg said:

Former player -- now announcer -- Carli Lloyd bashed the team's veterans for dancing and singing after their draw the other night, saying they hadn't played well and shouldn't be pleased to barely escape elimination.

Of course, now the liberal knives are out in full force. Saw multiple articles and tweets criticizing her for daring to speak out against Rapinoe and company. One called her a "right-wing scold."

So it's super mega MAGA to claim that scoring 4 goals in 3 games is less than desirable? It's mega MAGA to think that celebrating after a boring 0-0 game should be laughed at? Can anyone ever just watch sports and have an opinion without being immediately labeled a liberal or '"literally Hitler" anymore?
Squadron7
AG
sam callahan said:

"Define woke" brought to you by the people who can't define "woman".

That should be the retort:

Define woke!

The inability to define what a woman is.
txags92
AG
EclipseAg said:

So the team wants to be paid like men, but of course, they don't want the same scrutiny.

I thought her best comment was to declare the goal post that one of Portugal's shots bounced off of the US player of the game, because it was all that kept them from being sent home. She also made the point that the off-field stuff has become more important to some of the team (looking at you Rapinoe) than getting ready to play at the highest level.
amercer
AG
IF the US loses to Sweden, this team will be a big disappointment.

But I'm old enough to remember the Dan and Dave ad campaign. Arrogantly overhyping our athletes on the world stage is kind of our thing. Most times it works out. Sometimes it's a flop.
YouBet
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

EclipseAg said:

So it's super mega MAGA to claim that scoring 4 goals in 3 games is less than desirable? It's mega MAGA to think that celebrating after a boring 0-0 game should be laughed at? Can anyone ever just watch sports and have an opinion without being immediately labeled a liberal or '"literally Hitler" anymore?
No. Especially when you are objectively criticizing a known leftist group. Or a group that has allowed a leftist to hijack their identity. Not sure the extent of the cancer that runs through this team that Rapinoe has brought about.
jja79
AG
Elected officials, both parties, put their hands on their hearts and sing the national anthem but they hate America more than the soccer team so I'm not sure standing and singing is a good metric.
amercer
AG
Well if you want to actually talk about soccer, there's a whole board for that….
txags92
AG
amercer said:

But I'm old enough to remember the Dan and Dave ad campaign. Arrogantly overhyping our athletes on the world stage is kind of our thing. Most times it works out. Sometimes it's a flop.
And they are going to be without Rose Lavelle due to yellow cards in the two previous games. Not going to make it any easier to be without one of their better players.
YouBet
AG
amercer said:

Well if you want to actually talk about soccer, there's a whole board for that….
Yes, but I doubt they would appreciate my commentary on the far-left wing, ****bird that is Rapinoe.
amercer
AG
I expect them to lose. The team wasn't put together well, not sure the new coach is up to the task, the young players aren't ready (or just aren't good enough) and too many of the experienced players are hurt. Also the rest of the world has passed us because they care a lot more about soccer in general and have started to use all the resources and infrastructure that they developed for the men's game to make their women's teams better.

None of that has much to do with the political leanings of our players though.
txags92
AG
amercer said:

I expect them to lose. The team wasn't put together well, not sure the new coach is up to the task, the young players aren't ready (or just aren't good enough) and too many of the experienced players are hurt. Also the rest of the world has passed us because they care a lot more about soccer in general and have started to use all the resources and infrastructure that they developed for the men's game to make their women's teams better.

None of that has much to do with the political leanings of our players though.
Doesn't hurt that a big chunk of the other national teams are made up of players that spent time playing at American universities. They know how the Americans train and play and are better prepared to play our game against us than they used to be.
93MarineHorn
It's ironic that many of our players seem like ingrates and have badmouthed the US, when it's so obvious the advantages they have been given compared to all the other women's teams. A young girl in the US has way more options and resources to help her pursue whatever she wants compared to a girl in any other country, but somehow to them, our "patriarchal" system is keeping them down or not being "fair".
Dimebag Darrell
EclipseAg said:

Re: that announcer on the left, I randomly saw her on my TV screen the other day and thought to myself "hmmm, the big brother from The Wonder Years hasn't aged too bad".

Dimebag Darrell
amercer said:

SuhrThang
Hope Solo > Rapahoe

“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
LarryElder
Go Sweden
txags92
AG
93MarineHorn said:

It's ironic that many of our players seem like ingrates and have badmouthed the US, when it's so obvious the advantages they have been given compared to all the other women's teams. A young girl in the US has way more options and resources to help her pursue whatever she wants compared to a girl in any other country, but somehow to them, our "patriarchal" system is keeping them down or not being "fair".
Yeah, and don't get me started on the whole manufactured "we don't get paid as much per game as the men" controversy. They demanded to get a salary year round as part of their deal and accepted smaller per game checks because the game checks were not their only pay. Then a few years later they started the drumbeat about how poorly they were paid on a per game basis. Complete BS that was completely their fault because of their earlier salary demands.
Harry Stone
AG
Have you seen the attendance numbers. some games have 6,000 people in attendance. 3a texas high school football get that much on a friday night. so pathetic.
AgRyan04
But not USA games
Dimebag Darrell
Aggivalter07 took their ball and ran home I take it? Shocker.

Was still hoping to get ze/zir definition of "woke"...just for sh*ts n giggles.
Harry Stone
AG
AgRyan04 said:

But not USA games

27k, 41k, 41k. not really huge crowds.
APHIS AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

amercer said:

I want them to lose for I am so tired of their insistent whining. Then they can go to the obscurity they deserve.
94chem
I'm 51. I've never put my hand over my heart for the national anthem, except when I remove my hat. And I generally never sing it . It's very difficult to sing, and most sporting events have performers who are there to sing it. I have 3 daughters. I can't stand Rapinoe. But not putting your hand over your heart or singing doesn't make someone anti-American. I put my hand over my heart for the pledge (to the AMERICAN FLAG ONLY), not the Star Spangled Banner.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
one safe place
94chem said:

I'm 51. I've never put my hand over my heart for the national anthem, except when I remove my hat. And I generally never sing it . It's very difficult to sing, and most sporting events have performers who are there to sing it. I have 3 daughters. I can't stand Rapinoe. But not putting your hand over your heart or singing doesn't make someone anti-American. I put my hand over my heart for the pledge (to the AMERICAN FLAG ONLY), not the Star Spangled Banner.
Those with an agenda who don't put their hand over their heart or sing are anti-American. They are not doing so for a reason.
94chem
Fine, but every headline seems to mention their lack of singing. If there's substance, put it in the headlines. Not singing? Who cares. I wouldn't either.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
stallion6
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?
That they don't believe in some of your ideals doesn't make them less American. Or do you think conservative parents who have liberal children should not think of them as Americans?
They don't believe in America. So yes it does make them less American. You don't have to be real smart to see he was not talking just about his own ideals!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.