How about that women's national team?

19,747 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stallion6
Hungry Ojos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAggie2011 said:

You woke up feeling really in need of attention, huh?

Wear that kid's medium Rapinoe jersey with pride fella.
BBRex
AG
Allowing ties and picking regular season champions based on points (calculated on w/d/l points) are two of the best things in sports.
CanyonAg77
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Most of them on the team definitely believe in Woke ideology. During the National Anthem a lot of them were disgraceful while the National Anthem played.

No, they weren't
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
BBRex said:

Allowing ties and picking regular season champions based on points (calculated on w/d/l points) are two of the best things in sports.
Don't forget pro-rel. People on here trash soccer but the international system is one of the most free-market systems in the world.
one safe place
torrid said:

Yep, a 1-1 draw is 10x more exciting than a 0-0 draw.
Not for those who use the word "pitch" for a soccer field. They also like to say "nil" and had it been a 0-0 tie, they would have been able to say "nil nil" which would excite them no end.
CanyonAg77
AG
torrid said:

I'll admit, I was semi-interested in the tournament when the team won in '99. But that is back when they had Mia Hamm, the patron saint of girls with ponytails.

Alex Morgan says Hi

CanyonAg77
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

I will only root for a team that is 100% pro-America. If you have a single anti-American flaming lib, I'm out.

Damn.

It mist suck for you to not be able to watch the NFL, NBA, MLB, and most college games, including Aggie football.
CanyonAg77
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

BBRex said:

Don't forget pro-rel. People on here trash soccer but the international system is one of the most free-market systems in the world.

Would be a lot more fun if the worst teams in the NFL had to drop to a semi-pro league, and the best semi-pros got a shot at the NFL.

That's opposed to the worst teams getting a shot at the best upcoming players.
agz win
AG
deddog said:

No Spin Ag said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?
That they don't believe in some of your ideals doesn't make them less American. Or do you think conservative parents who have liberal children should not think of them as Americans?

Social media in other countries is showing how the Americans disrespect their Anthem.
That they have talent, is undoubtable.
The US soccer team is a good representative for a few things that the world hates about America ....the complete lack of humility, divisiveness arrogance.

The world is actually jealous that our citizens have the rights to speak/show their respect/disrespect that most of them have less rights in their own countries.

The world's view of Americans as historically arrogant is not just tied to a 2023 U.S. lady's sports team. Bending the knee as proud citizens is not our thing.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
CanyonAg77 said:

BBRex said:

Would be a lot more fun if the worst teams in the NFL had to drop to a semi-pro league, and the best semi-pros got a shot at the NFL.

That's opposed to the worst teams getting a shot at the best upcoming players.
The NFL would be the most difficult league to do this in but baseball and basketball are built for pro-rel.
one safe place

akm91 said:

Honestly, if soccer didn't allow ties, I would watch a lot more of it. I hate that part of the game so much.
They only allow draws in the group stages in tournaments.
I understand...and in MLS and euro league soccer right? I think draws should be done away with period. Then I'll invest more time watching...if at least I know there is a payoff at the end. There should always be winners and losers. Baseball has always had this right.
I wrote the governing authorities with my suggestions to eliminate draws and gain more viewership in women's soccer. The innovations could well mean that women would be paid more than men. I have proposed the following:

Section 3.10
If a game ends in a draw, play will continue until one team scores a goal. Players must play naked during this extra period.

Section 3.11
The field will be flooded to a depth of six inches, giving the extra time a bit of a splash.

Section 3.11(a)
Each team will be able to designate three players on the opposing team who will play blindfolded, and two who will play with their shoelaces tied together. Should the laces come untied, or should a shoe come off, that player will face immediate ejection.

Section 3.12
No yellow cards or red cards are allowed during the extra time. Each player must commit some act which normally would result in a red card, failing to do so will result in immediate ejection. Throwing a punch, kicking an opposing player, or having sex on an inflatable raft are the acts required to remain in the game.

I have not gotten any sort of feedback, so I feel they are still in the discussion stage on all this.
akm91
AG
torrid said:

akm91 said:

Honestly, if soccer didn't allow ties, I would watch a lot more of it. I hate that part of the game so much.
If I recall correctly, the '99 championship game ended in a draw and was decided by a 5-4 shootout. One of the American players was credited with kicking the "winning goal", but I always felt more credit was due to the American goalie for being able to stop a point-blank kick.
Scurry definitely made an excellent save on the PK but Chastain still had to make her PK. Plenty of stars, including Messi have not even come close to putting the PK on frame.
Prexys Moon
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

I find alot of joy in seeing a bunch of leftist, American hating people , funded by the very country they bash, losing. I hope they keep losing.
jja79
AG
I am not a soccer fan but I turned it on in about the 50th minute and thought I might watch 2 minutes. I ended up watching until the end and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. When the goal near the end was taken away for the offsides that was disappointing.

I actually hate someone like Von Miller who has been enriched by America through football taking a knee than these players doing the same.
annie88
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

I don't soccer, but is a 1-1 tie really falling flat on their un-athletic faces?

Maybe not but Isn't this is same team that lost to a bunch of 14 year old boys?
Aggies2009
AG
annie88 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

I don't soccer, but is a 1-1 tie really falling flat on their un-athletic faces?

Didn't just lose. Lost like 5-1. And demand pay equal to the MNT lol
Dimebag Darrell
CanyonAg77 said:

I will only root for a team that is 100% pro-America. If you have a single anti-American flaming lib, I'm out.

Damn.

It mist suck for you to not be able to watch the NFL, NBA, MLB, and most college games, including Aggie football.
Didn't root for Aggies when we were engaging in that BS. I should have qualified it to say "outspoken/activist anti-American libs". Like if Connor Weigman, or whoever, starts openly spouting off insane left wing bullsh** like Rapinoe does. Yeah, I'm out.

We'll probably suck again anyways, so would likely save me hours upon hours of my time in the fall.
Hungry Ojos

CanyonAg77 said:

Damn.

We'll probably suck again anyways

A tale as old as time.
Dimebag Darrell
one safe place said:

akm91 said:

I understand...and in MLS and euro league soccer right? I think draws should be done away with period. Then I'll invest more time watching...if at least I know there is a payoff at the end. There should always be winners and losers. Baseball has always had this right.
I wrote the governing authorities with my suggestions to eliminate draws and gain more viewership in women's soccer. The innovations could well mean that women would be paid more than men. I have proposed the following:

Section 3.10
If a game ends in a draw, play will continue until one team scores a goal. Players must play naked during this extra period.

Section 3.11
The field will be flooded to a depth of six inches, giving the extra time a bit of a splash.

Section 3.11(a)
Each team will be able to designate three players on the opposing team who will play blindfolded, and two who will play with their shoelaces tied together. Should the laces come untied, or should a shoe come off, that player will face immediate ejection.

Section 3.12
No yellow cards or red cards are allowed during the extra time. Each player must commit some act which normally would result in a red card, failing to do so will result in immediate ejection. Throwing a punch, kicking an opposing player, or having sex on an inflatable raft are the acts required to remain in the game.

I have not gotten any sort of feedback, so I feel they are still in the discussion stage on all this.
Brilliant. Throw in at least one hungry lion in OT (and a few 300 blackouts just to give the women a chance), and I am in. I would pay/subscribe to watch that.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
annie88 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Probably and even if not I would certainly expect them to lose. But as a father of two girls I don't really take pleasure in trashing women's sports just because they're not as as physically gifted as men's athletes.

Ghost of Andrew Eaton

CanyonAg77 said:

Damn.

Didn't root for Aggies when we were engaging in that BS. I should have qualified it to say "outspoken anti-American libs". Like if Connor Weigman, or whoever, starts openly spouting off like Rapinoe does. Yeah, I'm out.

We'll probably suck again anyways, so would probably save me hours upon hours of my time in the fall.
That's a strange way of letting other people dictate how you live your life.
Aggies2009
AG
akm91 said:

torrid said:

akm91 said:

If I recall correctly, the '99 championship game ended in a draw and was decided by a 5-4 shootout. One of the American players was credited with kicking the "winning goal", but I always felt more credit was due to the American goalie for being able to stop a point-blank kick.
Scurry definitely made an excellent save on the PK but Chastain still had to make her PK. Plenty of stars, including Messi have not even come close to putting the PK on frame.

Scurry left her line early. It was blatant, but if the ref doesn't call it, whatever.

I remember Kristine Lilly saving a goal with her head.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Aggies2009 said:

annie88 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Wasn't it 10 years old?
It was 15yo who are BIGGEER and FASTER than women of any age! That argument is TIRESOME!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Dimebag Darrell

CanyonAg77 said:

Damn.

Didn't root for Aggies when we were engaging in that BS. I should have qualified it to say "outspoken anti-American libs". Like if Connor Weigman, or whoever, starts openly spouting off like Rapinoe does. Yeah, I'm out.

We'll probably suck again anyways, so would probably save me hours upon hours of my time in the fall.
Not watching or turning off a TV show or sporting event because I don't support the participants or what they are pushing is hardly "letting anyone dictate how I live my life". I genuinely got more enjoyment and lasting fulfillment playing in the backyard yesterday evening for 30 minutes with my little girl in the almost unbearable heat than I ever would from the Ags winning a natty. And I would be super pumped about winning a natty. But watching football ain't "livin life".

No offense, but you get hung up on the weirdest things and strike out on the weakest "gotcha's". Who cares if I won't support outward liberal activism in sports?
Ghost of Andrew Eaton

CanyonAg77 said:

Damn.

Not watching or turning off a TV show or sporting event because I don't support the participants or what they are pushing is hardly "letting anyone determine how I live my life". I genuinely got more enjoyment and lasting fulfillment playing in the backyard yesterday evening for 30 minutes with my little girl in the almost unbearable heat than I ever would from the Ags winning a natty. And I would be super pumped about winning a natty. But watching football ain't "livin life".
So why did you ever watch it in the first place?
Dimebag Darrell

CanyonAg77 said:

Damn.

Not watching or turning off a TV show or sporting event because I don't support the participants or what they are pushing is hardly "letting anyone determine how I live my life". I genuinely got more enjoyment and lasting fulfillment playing in the backyard yesterday evening for 30 minutes with my little girl in the almost unbearable heat than I ever would from the Ags winning a natty. And I would be super pumped about winning a natty. But watching football ain't "livin life".
I honestly don't even know what you are talking about. Why did I ever watch Aggie football? Because I like it and they have been my team since I was in diapers. But when the players start intimidating old men because they are brainwashed clowns and marching around chanting that cops are "pigs". I am out until that sh** stops.

Super cool and edgy that you have zero boundaries or convictions though. So enlightened. I have been exposed and am super humiliated.
Hungry Ojos

CanyonAg77 said:

Damn.

It's entertainment, not life or death. Good Lord.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
That's a weird take on your part. Sorry to have a conversation with you about it on a discussion board.
CanyonAg77
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Aggies2009 said:

annie88 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Wasn't it 10 years old?
It was 15yo who are BIGGEER and FASTER than women of any age! That argument is TIRESOME!
Yes, and in addition, it wasnt just any group of boys off the street

It was the Dalas Texans soccer club. The best boys soccer players in Dallas, plus elite players from across the state. Probably close to 100% of them wil play at the college level
JFABNRGR
AG
agz win said:

deddog said:

No Spin Ag said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?
That they don't believe in some of your ideals doesn't make them less American. Or do you think conservative parents who have liberal children should not think of them as Americans?

Social media in other countries is showing how the Americans disrespect their Anthem.
That they have talent, is undoubtable.
The US soccer team is a good representative for a few things that the world hates about America ....the complete lack of humility, divisiveness arrogance.

The world is actually jealous that our citizens have the rights to speak/show their respect/disrespect that most of them have less rights in their own countries.

The world's view of Americans as historically arrogant is not just tied to a 2023 U.S. lady's sports team. Bending the knee as proud citizens is not our thing.
Here we go again the world saying America is such a bad place but no shortage of those wanting to come here.

Now there is a growing group wondering WTF is happening to us especially those in former soviet bloc countries.

Squadron7
AG
When are the Russkies going to go ahead and field a Women's team of either straight up men or, like they used to, field a team of juiced women and just claim that they are transitioning?

I say that as a joke....but I am aware of the irony that in 2023, the good old USA is more likely to actually do this than any other country.

@TyWebb

That's a weird take on your part. Sorry to have a conversation with you about it on a discussion board.
How is that a weird take? The man has children, and thus, he knows what those of us who have them (and are actually good parents) know...sports are entertainment, but they don't bring any lasting fulfillment. I absolutely agree with him. Watching some of our football players - most of whom couldn't get into school at A&M to save their lives but for their ability to play a game that was invented, grown, and currently exists at all because of the "evil white men" those students seemed to hate - was despicable. They were pawns (because most of them aren't smart enough to see it) in a larger game that theatens his family and children, as well as all of ours.

doubledog
I somehow feel certain that this would not have happened if we had sent the U.S. "trans" team.
ac04
CanyonAg77 said:

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Aggies2009 said:

annie88 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

Wasn't it 10 years old?
Yes, and in addition, it wasnt just any group of boys off the street

It was the Dalas Texans soccer club. The best boys soccer players in Dallas, plus elite players from across the state. Probably close to 100% of them wil play at the college level
actually it was an FC dallas team. but the rest is correct.
CanyonAg77
AG
Appreciate the correction

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.