How about that women's national team?

19,741 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stallion6
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggies2009 said:

akm91 said:

torrid said:

akm91 said:

Brittmoore Car Club said:

Honestly, if soccer didn't allow ties, I would watch a lot more of it. I hate that part of the game so much.
They only allow draws in the group stages in tournaments.
If I recall correctly, the '99 championship game ended in a draw and was decided by a 5-4 shootout. One of the American players was credited with kicking the "winning goal", but I always felt more credit was due to the American goalie for being able to stop a point-blank kick.
Scurry definitely made an excellent save on the PK but Chastain still had to make her PK. Plenty of stars, including Messi have not even come close to putting the PK on frame.

Scurry left her line early. It was blatant, but if the ref doesn't call it, whatever.

I remember Kristine Lilly saving a goal with her head.
Was it legal back then to do it? She "left the line early" on every single PK China took.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Was it legal back then to do it?
No.

But like (American) football, you can move before the ball is snapped...if you don't get caught.
Not a Bot
AG
They screwed up by keeping Rapinoe on the roster. She's useless on the field. Need good legs off the bench.
BurnetAggie99
Like I said in my first post disgraceful and woke ideology. I hope they lose every game and the ratings are terrible.

"US women's team refuse to sing national anthem before World Cup draw with Holland"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/27/us-fifa-womens-world-cup-2023-netherlands-soccer-score/
txags92
AG
Not a Bot said:

They screwed up by keeping Rapinoe on the roster. She's useless on the field. Need good legs off the bench.
Not just from a physical standpoint. I was a big fan back in 1999 and for subsequent WC and Olympic events when they had ladies like Alex Morgan and Mia Hamm as the face of the team. Back when the team was just a hard working group of women who just wanted to prove something to the world with the US hosting the World Cup. Since Rapinoe has become a leader on the team and the public face of the team, I simply can't watch them. She has taken a humble but hard working group and turned their perception into an angry, discontented, unpatriotic group that believes their own press clippings and hasn't played well enough to back up their perception of themselves, at least in the Olympics.

I am a big fan of the concept of "shut up and play", when it comes to people on a "national" team representing the country. If you are playing for a privately owned team from Seattle or Portland and your team owner is fine with you spouting non-stop woke BS to the media while disrespecting the anthem and flag, fine...they can lose money if the fans of the team don't like it. But when it is a national team, she is representing all of America, not just her woke little corner, and to play on a "national" team and to disrespect the anthem of your own country ought to be an automatic trip home and never playing on the national team again. The team will be better the day she retires and should start cleaning house on the team members who want to be more about politics than playing soccer. If we wanted to hear their opinions on politics, we wouldn't turn on a soccer game.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?

I think what you mean to say is "they don't believe in a single one of MY American ideals"

And you can't speak for all of them either.

This is about as bad as all the pro Putin posts that have been on here for the last few years.
BallerStaf2003
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Like I said in my first post disgraceful and woke ideology. I hope they lose every game and the ratings are terrible.

"US women's team refuse to sing national anthem before World Cup draw with Holland"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/07/27/us-fifa-womens-world-cup-2023-netherlands-soccer-score/

I think there's a thread about conservatives canceling everything that a post like this is perfect for.

So thin skinned.
Hungry Ojos
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

Are they really "fellow Americans" when they don't believe in a single American ideal?

I think what you mean to say is "they don't believe in a single one of MY American ideals"

This is about as bad as all the pro Putin posts that have been on here for the last few years.

Well, your post is about as useful as a used condom, considering that they wouldn't even sing our national anthem. Do you have the capacity to think? Or just react? Serious question.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Well, your post is about as useful as a used condom, considering that they wouldn't even sing our national anthem. Do you have the capacity to think? Or just react? Serious question.

Isn't protesting as American as it gets? Some of them did have their hand on their heart.
aTmAg
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Isn't protesting as American as it gets? Some of them did have their hand on their heart.
No. Where the hell would you get that idea?
Hungry Ojos
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

THEY ARE PROTESTING AMERICA! Good Lord dude.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

They're still representing our country and they still love it. You don't speak for them.
Science Denier
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Who didn't see that coming?

I must confess, seeing them fall flat on their un-athletic, woke faces after ALL OF THAT **** talking brought a bit of joy to my heart.
You saw it?

Or just saw the score?
Science Denier
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

I think there's a thread about conservatives canceling everything that a post like this is perfect for.

So thin skinned.
Can't cancel soccer, as about 100 US citizens watch the men and about 10 US Citizens watch the women.
Squadron7
AG
Science Denier said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

So thin skinned.
Can't cancel soccer, as about 100 US citizens watch the men and about 10 US Citizens watch the women.

I think Pickleball has surpassed soccer in popularity in this country.
Hungry Ojos
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

They're still representing our country and they still love it. You don't speak for them.
Oh really? They represent MY country simply because they have a jersey on while they play a slow-motion version of soccer and as a result, stand immune from any criticism? Yeah, we are just going to have to agree to disagree Jack.
Cyprian
AG
Maybe they would have won by if they could add some more of those females with dicks players
txags92
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Protesting is absolutely an American right. Protesting "America" by disrespecting the anthem while representing America on a national team is not something that should be acceptable conduct. If you hate your country so much that you feel the need to protest against it in public, then you should put your money where your mouth is and refuse to play on the team representing your country.
Squadron7
AG
If Rapinoe were to give up her spot on the team to a bedicked American they would be assured a Gold Medal.
Science Denier
AG
Squadron7 said:

Science Denier said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

So thin skinned.

I think Pickleball has surpassed soccer in popularity in this country.
Quidditch may be more popular as well.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

TXAggie2011 said:

You woke up feeling really in need of attention, huh?

Wear that kid's medium Rapinoe jersey with pride fella.

I just spit out my drink. Thanks Hungry
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
SuhrThang
Further enforces the narrative that it takes "balls" to excel at ball games! Why else would they call it ball games?
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
one safe place
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

No, I have never protested nor have any of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people I have known in my life. Not a single protest.
@TyWebb
BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

Uhh, no. They don't. They're literally protesting our country. All based on bs lies they're stupid enough to believe, such as black people being hunted by police, etc. etc. T
TheBonifaceOption
No Spin Ag said:

Hungry Ojos said:

No Spin Ag said:

That they don't believe in some of your ideals doesn't make them less American. Or do you think conservative parents who have liberal children should not think of them as Americans?

No. Next question.
Artimus Gordon
AG
They are like the Longhorns. They make it easy to root for whoever is playing them.
dmart90
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Who didn't see that coming?

I must confess, seeing them fall flat on their un-athletic, woke faces after ALL OF THAT **** talking brought a bit of joy to my heart.

How patriotic of you.
Logos Stick
Interesting thread.

I'd rather watch Snow Brown and the Seven Homeless People than watch Rapinoe and her fellow America hating teammates play soccer.

Megan and I both despise the country but for vastly different reasons. But if I were going to represent my country in a global athletic endeavor - I would never rep this country as it currently exists - I'd keep my discontent to myself.
Grapesoda2525
I knew there would be a thread from MAGA conservatives hooting and hollering, but the US team didn't lose. They looked bad for 1 half and throughly outplayed their opponent in the 2nd half.
Logos Stick
MAGA conservatives... Lol

Hey Joe. Nice to have you aboard.
Grapesoda2525
Conservatives are so desperate to pwn the libs that they resorted to rooting against a girls soccer team. You guys are incredible.
Iowaggie
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

I don't know about this, and I'm not a fan of this team that finds plenty to complain about, although they are the highest paid and best financed women's team. This "refuse to sing" story seems a lot like media hyping up something that they know will get people to respond.

I've watched plenty of athletes stare blankly ahead during a national anthem. If there is some story that comes out that says they are not singing out of protest, OK, I'll buy it. However, right now, this looks a lot like a lot of other teams before a national anthem (and yes, there certainly are more patriotic examples).

@TyWebb
Grapesoda2525 said:

Conservatives are so desperate to pwn the libs that they resorted to rooting against a girls soccer team. You guys are incredible.
Oh...look who's too high to follow a very simple conversation, per usual.
C@LAg
Grapesoda2525 said:

i root against them beacuse they think their substadard gameplay is worth the same as men's soccer, and key players whine and ***** about it whenever a mic is shoved in their substandard-playing faces

their constant refusal to say the pledge is just an added bonus to revisit their delusion and mock them.

ban pot.

everywhere.

sharpdressedman
BurnetAggie99 said:

Most of them on the team definitely believe in Woke ideology. During the National Anthem a lot of them were disgraceful while the National Anthem played.

I won't watch and I hope they get beat.

I am ambivalent about the team's success, primarily because of the negativity toward America shown by some players. I was a bit surprised that a majority of persons participating in a cocktail party discussion last Saturday expressed their desires for the team to lose. The bad, vocal apples have tainted the experience for their teammates.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.