How about that women's national team?

19,729 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stallion6
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
torrid said:

I'll admit, I was semi-interested in the tournament when the team won in '99. But that is back when they had Mia Hamm, the patron saint of girls with ponytails.

Is that when she ripped her shirt off "just like the men do" and all the feminists swooned in delirium since now even a woman could take her shirt off "just like a man"?
TexasAGGIEinAR
Joseydog said:

I said previously I would not be surprised if we failed to advance. Well, we advanced- barely. We are going to get waxed by Sweden, especially with Rose Lavelle out with card accumulation.

**I know, I know - get out of here with that actual soccer talk.
I hope you're right. I hope they get humiliated. I'm done rooting for my country's teams, just because they have a flag on the sleeve. The ones that are donning the jerseys, absolutely hate the country they represent. I'm sure they love having all the liberal support as well as conservatives who feel hamstrung because it's a national team. I only feel for those playing who sing the national anthem, put their hands on their hearts, sing and support their country. They're being looked at like outcasts because of folks like the bulldyk* Rapino.

Go Sweden.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

The age of the brown woman is upon us. Let their reign be long and prosperous.

Cinnamon girls!

Although I haven't had problems dating liberal(ish) white women. Like most women they want a man who acts like a man and treats them well. If anything, I've had an easier time with them because they've dated liberal men so the bar was set pretty low.
torrid
AG
infinity ag said:

torrid said:

I'll admit, I was semi-interested in the tournament when the team won in '99. But that is back when they had Mia Hamm, the patron saint of girls with ponytails.

Is that when she ripped her shirt off "just like the men do" and all the feminists swooned in delirium since now even a woman could take her shirt off "just like a man"?
That was '99 but it was Brandi Chastain and not Mia Hamm.
infinity ag
torrid said:

infinity ag said:

torrid said:

That was '99 but it was Brandi Chastain and not Mia Hamm.

Yes, you are right. Here is Chastain. Doing something "just because men do it" is just so sad that today women define themselves with "whatever he is" instead of defining what womanhood should be.

aggievaulter07
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Most of them on the team definitely believe in Woke ideology.

Please define "woke". Like, clearly and concisely define it.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

I love this angle that libs try and play, that we're too stupid to even understand what we're angry about.

You know what it means, you just hate that it's become a pejorative term.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
aggievaulter07 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

I'll bite. "Self aware of perceived inequalities that are often immaterial"

Are you going to pretend you didn't know that and commit to the yokel bit? Or now what?
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
aggievaulter07
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

I love this angle that libs try and play, that we're too stupid to even understand what we're angry about.

lol. The "I'm not going to define the word, but not because I can't come up with an actual, communicable definition" is the best kind of validation for asking people to define the thing they supposedly are against.
Dimebag Darrell
aggievaulter07 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

You know what woke is, I'm not going to participate in these silly games.
Dimebag Darrell
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

This, I see it all the time, on here and social media. It really is almost like someone at central command for limp wristed anti American white liberals blasts out the latest narratives and responses each week or something. They all start running with these silly responses at the same times, until something new comes along.
AgBQ-00
AG
aggievaulter07 said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

lol. The "I'm not going to define the word, but not because I can't come up with an actual, communicable definition" is the best kind of validation for asking people to define the thing they supposedly are against.
Quote:

Social Justice Usage
Source: Roy, Laura A. Teaching While White: Addressing the Intersections of Race and Immigration in the Classroom. Rowman & Littlefield: Lanham, MD, 2018, pp. 150151.
The notion of "getting woke" (or staying woke) is defined as being acutely aware of racial and social injusticenot just awareness and acknowledgement of isolated incidents, but awareness from a position of understanding systemic and institutional racism. … The notion of getting woke encapsulates the first stage of becoming an accomplice in addressing the system of racism… White accomplices should strive to be woke enough not to call themselves woke and instead strive to embody this state of being by building with people of color. … Be in a perpetual state of learning and be woke enough to know you are never woke enough.

New Discourses: Woke/Wokeness
Basically it is buying into the neo-marxist stance that all of life is defined by power dynamics. It includes the belief that all existing working systems must be torn down in order to usher in the "better man" utopia that has been promised since that failed 19th century belief system was introduced.
Dimebag Darrell
aggievaulter07 said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

We're not spelling it out for you because you are being intentionally obtuse.
aggievaulter07
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

aggievaulter07 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

Are you going to pretend you didn't know that and commit to the yokel bit? Or now what?
You can't define a word using an opinion. That's not how definitions work. To be clear, the "opinion" in question is the part where you said "...that are often immaterial".
aggievaulter07
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

aggievaulter07 said:

93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

We're not spelling it out for you because you are being intentionally obtuse.
EL OH EL. That's a disingenuous response, and you know it. It is not obtuse to ask someone to define something they have clearly planted a flag on. Having a universal understanding on the definition is paramount to having any sort of genuine discussion.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

LOL, like you rate an explanation. Woke, as conservatives understand it, cannot be "concisely" defined and you're definitely not worth it.

Do you really think we don't know what "woke" means? Hilarious.
GOODBULL99
AG
Stlkofta said:

I remember this..

...being condemned by the American left with such pressure put on Villanueva that he was forced to "apologize" for having the unmitigated gall to salute the country he proudly served as a Ranger.

But we are not to be offended by a group of individuals who feel compelled to crap on this nation they have been chosen to represent in international competition.

You have a right to ignore their actions and put all your anger on those who dare commit the crime of loving the nation and honoring it in a respectful manner. I have a right to ignore those who do not.

THIS
aggievaulter07
AG
You guys are unequivocally proving the point that you're against something you can't even define. Which calls into question whether you should actually even be against the thing in question, or not. How is this not obvious?
Dimebag Darrell
This wackjob OOOZES wokeness. Even to such an insane degree that she believes womens' teams (who can't even beat 15 y/o boys) should be paid as much as the men.

I would describe wokeness as a cancerous toxic group of ideologies designed to disrupt the west and it's traditional culture, cause division and hopefully usher in sympathetic sentiment towards marxist ideals.

Believing men can get pregnant, not being able to define a woman, constant race baiting and pushing false narratives about cops being significant threat to POC, believing blacks are hapless idiots incapable of getting ID's like the rest of us, believing teachers have a God given right to discuss gender/sexuality with your 7-8 year old behind your back, thinking chemical castration and breast removal of children and minors is compassionate healthcare, crying and lashing out because gay p0rn books are being removed from elementary school libraries in some states...we could go on and on and on.

It makes sense that a woke person wouldn't be able to define it, or know that they are woke. Similar to how many crazy people don't realize they're crazy.
AgBQ-00
AG
aggievaulter07 said:

You guys are unequivocally proving the point that you're against something you can't even define. Which calls into question whether you should actually even be against the thing in question, or not. How is this not obvious?
Since you seem to have missed it the first time
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Social Justice Usage
Source: Roy, Laura A. Teaching While White: Addressing the Intersections of Race and Immigration in the Classroom. Rowman & Littlefield: Lanham, MD, 2018, pp. 150151.
The notion of "getting woke" (or staying woke) is defined as being acutely aware of racial and social injusticenot just awareness and acknowledgement of isolated incidents, but awareness from a position of understanding systemic and institutional racism. … The notion of getting woke encapsulates the first stage of becoming an accomplice in addressing the system of racism… White accomplices should strive to be woke enough not to call themselves woke and instead strive to embody this state of being by building with people of color. … Be in a perpetual state of learning and be woke enough to know you are never woke enough.

New Discourses: Woke/Wokeness
Basically it is buying into the neo-marxist stance that all of life is defined by power dynamics. It includes the belief that all existing working systems must be torn down in order to usher in the "better man" utopia that has been promised since that failed 19th century belief system was introduced.
GOODBULL99
AG
aggievaulter07 said:

It's been pretty well defined in this thread. Just because you choose not to believe the definition doesn't mean it hasn't been defined....
Demosthenes81
AG
Woke - The acceptance of a set of statements as facts for political or social acceptance. These statements are either demonstrably false or incapable of being proven and based on definitions not universally agreed to. Failure to accept these statements is considered hate speech or equivalent to physical violence.
one safe place
aggievaulter07 said:

I can't define "owned" either, but if you look in any dictionary next to the word "owned" there is a picture of you.
Dimebag Darrell
aggievaulter07 said:

I love arrogant condescending nitwits who think they are much smarter than they are. You're out of your league on here, zir. WAY OUT OF IT. I hope you stick around though.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Believing men can get pregnant, not being able to define a woman, constant race baiting and pushing false narratives about cops being significant threat to POC, believing blacks are hapless idiots incapable of getting ID's like the rest of us, believing teachers have a God given right to discuss gender/sexuality with your 7-8 year old behind your back, thinking chemical castration and breast removal of children and minors is compassionate healthcare, crying and lashing out because gay p0rn books are being removed from elementary school libraries in some states...we could go on and on and on.
I'd add blaming "white supremacy" or "the Patriarchy" as the root of most of societies problems, including black violence against Asian Americans. Woke is shorthand for all of this.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
aggievaulter07 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

aggievaulter07 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

You can't define a word using an opinion. That's not how definitions work. To be clear, the "opinion" in question is the part where you said "...that are often immaterial".

You've clearly never read the DSM. Good try but this was a real flop.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
TexasAGGIEinAR
aggievaulter07 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

aggievaulter07 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

Word salad. Libs play games to the point of going full strawman. Then they give up when called out. So sensitive and soft.
Ag In Ok
AG
Interesting - maybe 15 year old boys deserve the same pay as the USWNT.
93MarineHorn
Vaulter - "Woke" was originally your side's term, but leftists beclowned themselves so badly that the term became a punchline. I don't blame you for getting upset about it's staying power.
Squadron7
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Vaulter - "Woke" was originally your side's term, but leftists beclowned themselves so badly that the term became a punchline. I don't blame you for getting upset about it's staying power.

ANALYSIS: TRUE
Dimebag Darrell
93MarineHorn said:

One thousand percent.
Dimebag Darrell
aggievaulter07 said:

You define "woke". As someone above me said, it was your side that coined it. Enlighten us.
Deputy Travis Junior
Woke: a desire of angsty, young activists to fill the emptiness in their lives with the purpose and rectitude of a new civil rights movement by intentionally nurturing 1) a hypersensitivity to perceived slights toward victim classes that they defined and 2) an iconoclastic obsession with attacking anything traditional
infinity ag
I asked Bard:
Quote:

The word "woke" is an adjective that means "alert to injustice and discrimination, especially racism". It is derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) and has been used in the Black community since the 1930s. In the 2010s, the term began to be used more widely to refer to a broader awareness of social inequalities, such as sexism and homophobia.

The word "woke" can be used in a positive or negative way. In a positive sense, it can be used to describe someone who is aware of and actively working to challenge injustice. In a negative sense, it can be used to describe someone who is overly sensitive to perceived slights or who is intolerant of different viewpoints.

The term "woke" has been the subject of much debate in recent years. Some people believe that it is a helpful term that can be used to raise awareness of important issues. Others believe that it is a meaningless buzzword that is often used to silence dissent.
Ultimately, the meaning of the word "woke" depends on the context in which it is used. However, in general, it is a term that refers to an awareness of social injustice and discrimination.

Here are some examples of how the word "woke" can be used in a sentence:
  • "I'm glad that more people are becoming woke to the issue of police brutality."
  • "Some people think that being woke means being intolerant of different viewpoints."
  • "The woke crowd is always looking for something to be offended by."
I hope this helps!

ChatGPT
Quote:

The term "woke" originated in African American Vernacular English (AAVE) and gained prominence in contemporary social and political discourse. It is an adjective that describes a heightened awareness and consciousness of social issues, particularly those related to social justice, inequality, and systemic oppression. Being "woke" suggests that an individual is awake to and actively acknowledges the injustices and challenges faced by marginalized communities.

Originally, the term "woke" was used to describe being aware of racial injustices and racism, but over time, it has expanded to encompass a broader range of social and political issues, including gender inequality, LGBTQ+ rights, environmental justice, and more.

Critics of the term often use it pejoratively, accusing those who identify as "woke" of being overly politically correct, self-righteous, or excessively focused on virtue signaling without practical action.
As with many buzzwords, the meaning and connotations of "woke" can vary depending on the context and the speaker's perspective. It has been a subject of ongoing debate and discussion within contemporary culture.

93MarineHorn
Quote:

Critics of the term often use it pejoratively, accusing those who identify as "woke" of being overly politically correct, self-righteous, or excessively focused on virtue signaling without practical action.
This is probably the best concise definition as it pertains to a conservative's usage of the term. We should all thank VaulterAg for helping us sharpen our understanding of woke. I've always said that F16 is a better place when liberals participate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.