How about that women's national team?

19,753 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by stallion6
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jja79 said:

I guess you don't care for anthem protestor Von Miller.
I must have missed that time when Von was playing on the national team representing America and protested the national anthem with the whole world watching. Tell me more…
Buck Turgidson
No Spin Ag said:

Who doesn't love finding joy in fellow Americans, all of whom are someone's daughters, not succeeding against other countries? Amirite?

Most of these women are left wing harpies. As long as the rappin' ho is on the team they can **** off.
Claverack
I remember this..

...being condemned by the American left with such pressure put on Villanueva that he was forced to "apologize" for having the unmitigated gall to salute the country he proudly served as a Ranger.

But we are not to be offended by a group of individuals who feel compelled to crap on this nation they have been chosen to represent in international competition.

You have a right to ignore their actions and put all your anger on those who dare commit the crime of loving the nation and honoring it in a respectful manner. I have a right to ignore those who do not.

jja79
AG
To you It's only bad to kneel if it's a national team? It's ok to kneel and protest the country that afforded you the chance to earn >$100MM like Von did?
AgRyan04
Burnsey said:

AgRyan04 said:

Another thread complaining about a team that the complainers weren't going to watch even if the players had the flag tatooed across their faces just dripping with patriotism.

The same ones who don't realize this isn't the same team that the read about on their Fox News app two World Cups cycles ago.

The ones who don't watch the sport but want to change all the rules.

Those are definitely the folks I'm going to get my international soccer hot takes from.
You're right, nobody here gives two ****s about women's international soccer, except you apparently. We do care about having to pay for an entitled disrespectful group that supposedly was sent to represent us on a world stage. It's no surprise that many of us here can't stand or support them.

They're not funded with tax dollars.
AgRyan04
one safe place said:

AgRyan04 said:

txags92 said:

AgRyan04 said:

Or maybe they just want to play soccer and not be involved in all the BS and fallout from whichever mob wants to tar and feather them for the "wrong" opinion
Then play soccer. And tell their teammates to just play soccer. That is all anybody wants except a couple of blowhards.

They are. But you've painted them with "the same brush" for it.

I think many of us have been trying to drive home the point that this is a different team and nearly a completely different roster so quit blaming them for the last group's shortcomings.
What did "this roster" do during the playing of the national anthem?

Read the entire thread, this has been hashed out already.
txags92
AG
jja79 said:

To you It's only bad to kneel if it's a national team? It's ok to kneel and protest the country that afforded you the chance to earn >$100MM like Von did?
No, it's not "ok" to me. But I am fine not watching the NFL and contributing to his salary. It is really between he and his team owner as to whether the team is ok losing whatever amount of money any boycott by me or anybody else costs the team. But when they are playing for a "national" team to represent the whole country, and people on that team decide to protest national symbols like the flag or the anthem in a very public setting like the World Cup, it ought to be an automatic trip home and lifetime ban from the national team IMO. If you don't like the country enough to feel like you have to protest on an international stage, you should just suck it up and refuse to play for the national team instead. This is cake eating by these players. They want to be able to get paid to travel the world and have the prestige of being on the national team, but they also want to use that position to satisfy their silly little virtue signaling displays by telling us how much they hate the country they are playing for.
jja79
AG
I don't like anyone kneeling but don't delude yourself into thinking aren't supporting the NFL just because you don't watch. If you buy any of the products that sponsor them you're in.
txags92
AG
jja79 said:

I don't like anyone kneeling but don't delude yourself into thinking aren't supporting the NFL just because you don't watch. If you buy any of the products that sponsor them you're in.
Those sponsors count the viewers if figuring out what to pay for their sponsorship. Fewer eyeballs means less dollars for the NFL. I am not energetic enough about it to go hunt down who sponsors the NFL and try to actively boycott them. I find I can accomplish most of that by simply buying local when I can, and picking the smaller mom and pop brands over the big national mega crop brands.
Logos Stick
I asked you a question. I'm not surprised you ignored it.
CanyonAg77
AG
Edited because I can't read
AgRyan04
I don't watch NFL football (since the Oilers left Houston) so I wouldn't be rooting for the Bills because I wouldn't care it was on....and unlike most on this thread, I wouldnt be discussing something I dont have a rooting interest in on an internet forum.

But to answer the premise of your question, I wouldn't hate the other players participating, I would question whomever invited OJ.
aTmAg
AG
AgRyan04 said:

txags92 said:

AgRyan04 said:

Or maybe they just want to play soccer and not be involved in all the BS and fallout from whichever mob wants to tar and feather them for the "wrong" opinion
Then play soccer. And tell their teammates to just play soccer. That is all anybody wants except a couple of blowhards.

I think many of us have been trying to drive home the point that this is a different team and nearly a completely different roster so quit blaming them for the last group's shortcomings.
Is Rapinbeotch still on it?
Hungry Ojos
Bump.

Good Lord.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Man you really care a lot about this.
LarryElder
LOL these woke dummies have no chance.....Cry about the USA and equal pay more ladies.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
0-0 tie against Portugal. Full time.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
one safe place
AgRyan04 said:

one safe place said:

AgRyan04 said:

txags92 said:

AgRyan04 said:

What did "this roster" do during the playing of the national anthem?

Read the entire thread, this has been hashed out already.
It was a rhetorical question. Read the post I responded to.
Artimus Gordon
AG
So the USA Karens tied Portugal? That had to be some riveting soccer right there!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Four ties in recent games!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Lotta promise in this team
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Squadron7
AG
I am afraid that I have to agree with Rapinoe.

They are not paid what they are worth.
agz win
AG
Shoot outs to break ties should be mandatory. Keeps the crowds/viewers engaged.
samurai_science
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Man you really care a lot about this.
I care enough to hope they lose, but not enough to check if they actually lost.
Demosthenes81
AG
IndividualFreedom
If the women do not make it to the final match it is a major upset. With two ties and a loss, they will not make it out of the first round and Americans will be cheering.
TheEternalPessimist
Send the US Women's Team to the frontlines of Ukraine front where they can show how much better they are than the men!

Kozmozag
In that video, I saw five with hand o er their hearts. Good for them, the rest looked disgusted to be wearing the uniform.
Urban Ag
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

I look at that and think to myself.

half the white men in this country wouldn't want a damn thing to do with these chicks. And the half that would won't be wanted by them. LMAO.

The age of the brown woman is upon us. Let their reign be long and prosperous.
txags92
AG
Urban Ag said:

Demosthenes81 said:

half the white men in this country wouldn't want a damn thing to do with these chicks. And the half that would won't be wanted by them. LMAO.

I look at it and posts like yours and wonder why everybody has to think in terms of white and brown and black.
Urban Ag
AG
Because liberal white women are the scourge of modern society. Pay attention.

Nice virtue signal though (she still isn't going to do you).
Joseydog
AG
I said previously I would not be surprised if we failed to advance. Well, we advanced- barely. We are going to get waxed by Sweden, especially with Rose Lavelle out with card accumulation.

**I know, I know - get out of here with that actual soccer talk.
Demosthenes81
AG
txags92 said:

Urban Ag said:

Demosthenes81 said:

I look at it and posts like yours and wonder why everybody has to think in terms of white and brown and black.
Damn straight skippy. There are hot asian women too!
infinity ag
Hungry Ojos said:

Who didn't see that coming?

I must confess, seeing them fall flat on their un-athletic, woke faces after ALL OF THAT **** talking brought a bit of joy to my heart.

What are you talking about?
Why not give more details for those who don't follow soccer?
UTExan
As patriotic Americans, the best thing we can do is cheer for the Netherlands. Being an American is simply too difficult for the US Women's team and we are obviously asking too much of them for their own mental wellbeing.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.