Should Nikolas Cruz (2018 Parkland shooter) be sentenced to life or death?

26,092 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FireAg
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His sentencing trial started today and is expected to last four or five months. What are your thoughts on what he should be sentenced to?
SA68AG
AG
Death.
Central Committee
AG
Death.

By Hanging.

In the town square.

Televised.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
C@LAg
death, after much physical suffering

and stream it live for all to see and know this is what they have coming for them.

or better.

firing squad.
allowing any family member to be the one to pull a trigger.
Horn_in_Aggieland
IBTL
AGHouston11
AG
It should have already been over with!

The Fort Hood shooter is still breathing air. Not only that he gets to write letters to the new Afghanistan government- the Taliban - saying We Won!

In cases where there are ZERO chances who did it there should not be years and years go by!
JB!98
AG
DEATH. Preferably on the rack in the town square. Stretch him slowly.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Irish 2.0
Death by the most painful way.

I think the whole "humane death penalty" stuff is bull***** Torture them. Draw it out. Make them remember what they did. Screw this merciful and compassion crap. Maybe it'll make the next dumbass think twice.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Am I legitimately the only one who feels like life without parole would be harder to go through than getting a needle?
MouthBQ98
AG
What does the law allow for?

I'm mostly anti-death penalty but pro prison should be spartan and "unpleasant" at best. Safe, yet miserable. I don't want torture, even for those that might deserve it. Incarnations aren't social vengeance, just justice and prevention/deterrence.

In the case of true psychopaths that will always be a danger, I don't have a huge problem in sending them for judgment by a higher power sooner rather than later.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Death. But not by snoo snoo.
annie88
AG
lethalninja said:

His sentencing trial started today and is expected to last four or five months. What are your thoughts on what he should be sentenced to?

Death. As well as the Waukesha massacre guy.

Interesting that so far only one of them has been charged with a hate crime.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
leachfan
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Am I legitimately the only one who feels like life without parole would be harder to go through than getting a needle?
I feel the same way. My reasoning would be to save the taxpayer money. However, I believe it cost as much or more to house someone on death row through the years of waiting then it would cost to house them for life, not on death row. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, it may depend on if they like butt sex or not.
lethalninja
The law allows for either life without parole or death, but he can only be sentenced to death if the jury unanimously agrees to it for at least one victim. He will receive a sentence for each victim, so he can technically be sentenced to life without parole for some victims and death for others.
C@LAg

who cares how he feels or not.

why make the families continue to suffer knowing this POS still draws breath while their children do not.

Tom Doniphon
I'm only for the death penalty in instances where it's 100% guilt with zero question... and when that's the case, I want it to happen immediately.

Drag this dude out, shoot him in the head, and bury him in an unmarked grave.
lethalninja
Neither of them have been charged with hate crimes, but they're both screwed either way.
Tanya 93

No I think that too

But this means you should change your answer.
Four Seasons Landscaping
I'm not talking about him.

I'm just saying that everyone seems to agree that death is a harsher punishment when I'd MUCH rather be put to death in a year than know I have several more decades in the same building.
Burrus86
AG
Mort Rainey
Burn all of these mass shooters alive. Might cause a few of them to pause before deciding to give it a shot
dead
AG
Mort Rainey said:

Burn all of these mass shooters alive. Might cause a few of them to pause before deciding to give it a shot
Eighth Amendment be damned!
Burnsey
AG
leachfan said:

Also, it may depend on if they like butt sex or not.

How about death by butt sex?
StonewallAggieDEFENSE

It would be harder for us. We have to pay for feeding, housing, guarding, etc.
"If I told you we would beat texas you would say I was braggin'. If I told you we won't beat 'em, I'd be lyin' to you". -Texas A&M Head footbal coach Emory Bellard's response to a reporter before the game, 1975.
dead
AG
StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

It would be harder for us. We have to pay for feeding, housing, guarding, etc.
Life is cheaper than death
lethalninja
Death penalty costs more because of appeals and lawyers' fees, as well as special housing.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The opposite of what he wants. If he wants to die, make him rot. If he wants to live, end him on the people's terms
Rattler12
Death knocks the recidivism rate down to zero....
dead
AG
Rattler12 said:

Life in prison without parole doesn't?
aggiehawg
AG
I cannot fathom how the families and friends could sit there for four months for this jury trial on punishment.

Updates from trial HERE
lethalninja
He wants to live, since last October, he offered to plead guilty to all charges in exchange for 34 consecutive life sentences without parole (seventeen counts of first degree murder and seventeen counts of first degree attempted murder), but the state rejected his offer, so he pled guilty without an agreement and is hoping for his lawyers to get him life instead of death.
flakrat
AG
Should be publicly drawn and quartered!
Rattler12
icrymyselftosleep said:

Rattler12 said:

Life in prison without parole doesn't?
Death is permanent.......life w/o parole can be challenged
The Collective
AG
Force him to follow David Hogg around for the rest of his life.
annie88
AG
lethalninja said:

Neither of them have been charged with hate crimes, but they're both screwed either way.

Sorry, wrong shooter. And how sad is it to say that.

The one from Buffalo is being charged with a hate crime.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.