Should Nikolas Cruz (2018 Parkland shooter) be sentenced to life or death?

26,082 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FireAg
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lethalninja said:

It's ironic because he shot and killed several people, and now he's getting shot and killed.

Sorry I was being facetious
lethalninja
Yours was the 420th reply, so 420, like weed.
lethalninja
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/live-updates/parkland-nikolas-cruz/%3fid=91883130

The victims' family members are speaking at his sentencing. He will officially be sentenced tomorrow.
FireAg
AG
Hope he gets shanked the first week and bleeds out crying like a little *****…
lethalninja
He'll be in protective custody for around the first year of his sentence.
Demosthenes81
AG
lethalninja said:

He'll be in protective custody for around the first year of his sentence.

Just like Epstein?
H2Ag
AG
Think Hillary might do us a solid? She does have an election coming up!
lethalninja
https://www.wptv.com/news/parkland-shooting/judge-scolds-nikolas-cruz-defense-attorneys-after-remark-about-her-children
lethalninja
"This creature has no redeemable value," said Max Schachter, whose 14-year-old son Alex died when he was shot through a classroom window. Speaking at Cruz but refusing to say his name, he said he hopes "other prisoners you will encounter in your new life will inflict that pain upon you, hopefully 17 times over again, until you are screaming for mercy, just like your victims."
lethalninja
Schachter said that it was his birthday and that when he blew out his cake's candles Tuesday night, he would wish Cruz a painful death and would every year until it happens.
lethalninja
David Robinovitz, the grandfather of 14-year-old Alyssa Alhadeff, referred Tuesday to Cruz not by his name but as "Parkland murderer," saying while the shooter "won for now," one day he will die.

"At that time, Parkland murderer, it is my hope that you go somewhere to meet your maker," Robinovitz said. "And, Parkland murderer, I hope your maker sends you directly to hell to burn for the rest of your eternity."
lethalninja
In his statement, Tony Montalto called for the Florida state legislature to reconsider the law that requires a unanimous jury decision to sentence a defendant to death.
lethalninja
Schachter derided the defense team's argument that Cruz didn't get the proper mental health treatment. He then proceed to list the services through psychiatrists, medications, and the schools that Cruz received over the years, claiming he underwent "hundreds of hours of therapy."
lethalninja
In her statement Tuesday, Meghan Petty, sister of 14-year-old Parkland shooting victim Alaina Petty, called shooter Nikolas Cruz "a remorseless monster who deserves no mercy" and lamented the fact that he will not be sentenced to death.

"I feel betrayed by our judicial system," she said. "In this court, we have shown the world that if one stretches the truth, they can get away with not only murder but mass murder … An incredibly dangerous and ridiculous precedent that has been set here will affect the lives of children across the nation."

Petty said Cruz had many opportunities to stop after his first bullet, after the first classroom or the floor but he chose to keep firing.

Petty shook and continued to wipe her tears as she made her statement. "He gets daily meals, a roof over his head and a bed to sleep in now. My sister's … roof is six feet of dirt and her bed is a coffin."
lethalninja
Theresa Robinovitz, grandmother of 14-year-old Parkland shooting victim Alyssa Alhadeff, gave her statement on Tuesday, lamenting that shooter Nikolas Cruz will not be sentenced to death.

"If killing 17 innocent people and wounding 17 others does not warrant the death penalty, then what possibly does?" she said.

Addressing Cruz, she said, "I'm too old to see you live out your life sentence but I hope your every breathing moment on Earth is miserable, and you repent for your sins, Nikolas, and burn in hell."
lethalninja
He will be officially sentenced for the murder and attempted murder convictions today. He will most likely receive 34 consecutive life sentences without parole.
The Porkchop Express
AG
You need a blog, dude.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
lethalninja
Maybe, but Nikolas Cruz's trial has to do with politics, since it's a very high profile case, so it fits on the politics forum. The case is technically still ongoing.
lethalninja
Fred Guttenberg, whose 14-year-old daughter, Jaime, was killed, chose not to deliver a new statement in court on Tuesday.

He tweeted, "My life is no longer dependent on the outcome of this trial and delivering another impact statement will not make me feel better."
lethalninja
"We can say whatever we want to the jurors who made the wrong decision" and "whatever we want to the defense team that gave up its humanity to defend the monster," Guttenberg wrote.

But with Nikolas Cruz's fate already decided, "I have no need to think about him or to address him," Guttenberg said.

"I will think about him only two more times. The first time will be when I sit and watch the formal sentencing. The second time will be when I read news reporting of the prison justice that he will eventually receive," he said. "Going forward, I plan to focus more on those I love."
lethalninja
"As a service member, I took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. And to the defendant, that's exactly what I view you as -- a domestic terrorist," Ines Hixon said. "I wish no peace for you. I wish nothing but pain. And I hope that every breath you take, you remember that's a breath you stole."

After Ines Hixon spoke, Judge Elizabeth Scherer called her a "hero," adding that her "beautiful family" has "made such an impression on this court."

"I thank you for your service and bravery," the judge added.
lethalninja
"You had in your head enjoyment," she said directly to Nikolas Cruz. "Listen to me, defendant -- enjoyment while killing my son, Joaquin Oliver, and coming back to him to blow his brain out."

"Your living hell is about to get started," she said. "Joaquin is a legend for what he is and for what he will be. Nice, kind, humble. And you will remember every single day of your life about what Joaquin is."
lb sand
AG
I respect this Guttenberg guy.
lethalninja
"He has escaped this punishment because a minority of the jury was given the power to overturn the majority decision made by people who were able to see him for what he is a remorseless monster who deserves no mercy," Meghan Petty said.
lethalninja
"It's really, really sad. I miss my little boy," Max Schachter, the father of 14-year-old victim Alex Schachter, told CNN on Wednesday before the sentencing. "It's not right that the worst high school shooter in US history basically gets what he wants," he said, referring to Cruz's life sentence.
lethalninja
RON DESANTIS: I think he deserved the ultimate punishment. When you murder in cold blood 17 innocent people, there's no other punishment that meets the gravity of that crime. And to have one juror holdout on that was a travesty. So, yes, I'm going to ask the Florida legislature to amend that statute.
lethalninja
Ilan Alhadeff, father of Alyssa Alhadeff, 14, who was killed in the shooting, said Wednesday during his victim impact statement, Cruz's inevitable life sentence brings him little satisfaction. He deserved death, Alhadeff said.

"Let me show how angry and frustrated I am with the judicial system. After 4 1/2 grueling years, a failed judicial system did not hand down a death sentence to the murderer of my daughter and 16 others," he said. "Do I see this as accountability? Absolutely not. Do we now have closure? Let me be clear, absolutely not. What I see is that the system values this animal's life over the 17 now dead. Worse, we sent a message to the next killer out there that the death penalty would not be applied to mass killing. This is wrong and needs to be fixed immediately."
lethalninja
Samantha Fuentes, one of the surviving victims, called him a bigot with an AR-15 and a god complex.
Matt Hooper
AG
He should be sent on a loaner program to Angola Prison in LA ....for a diversity program. It would probably still result in death, just more viscously.
Hooper Drives the Boat
lethalninja
"We will go on glorifying Alyssa's life … We'll make sure that everyone remembers Alyssa," he stated, adding a request to the judge that she "forbid TV, internet, mail, phone calls, visitations and education" for Cruz.
lethalninja
He forgot to ask the judge to forbid commissary, recreation and books, but the judge doesn't have discretion over prison conditions anyways.
lethalninja
"The idea that you, a cold-blooded killer, can actually live each day, eat your meals and put your head down at night seems completely unjust," teacher Stacey Lippel, who was wounded in the shooting, told the gunman. "The only comfort I have is that your life in prison will be filled with horror and fear, so my hope for you is that you die, sooner rather than later."
lethalninja
Samantha Fuentes, one of the shooting survivors, faced Cruz Wednesday, reminding him they walked the same hallways and were even in JROTC together.

"We were still children back then," she said. "I was still a child when I saw you standing in the window, peering into my Holocaust studies class, holding your AR-15 that had swastikas, ironically, scratched into it. I was still a child after I watched you kill two of my friends. I was still a child when you shot me with your gun."

Fuentes is "angry" about Cruz's sentence, she said. But unlike him, she said, "I'll never take my anger, pain and suffering out on others because I am stronger than you. This entire community that stands behind me is stronger than you."
lethalninja
She told Cruz "you are nobody" and "you are not special," calling him unremarkable, pathetic and a "hateful bigot with an AR-15 and a god complex."

"I assure you you will not be famous for this," Fuentes said to Cruz, adding that those who died in the massacre "will have a legacy much more important than you."

"Without your stupid gun, you are nothing," she told him.
lethalninja
Throughout the testimony this week, the gunman remained emotionless, wearing a red prison jumpsuit and eyeglasses. He also wore a medical mask, though he removed it Wednesday after Jennifer Guttenberg, the mother of 14-year-old victim Jaime, told him it was disrespectful.

"You shouldn't be sitting there with a mask on your face. It's disrespectful to be hiding your expressions under your mask when we as the families are sitting here talking to you," she said during her testimony. "Lowered down in your seat. Hunched over trying to make yourself look innocent, when you're not, because you admitted to what you did. And everybody knows what you did."

The gunman then took off the mask, but his facial expression did not change.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.