Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M

39,993 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by chickencoupe16
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
relapse said:

Quote:

Blinn TEAM, still not entirely sure what that is really

One of the alternate ways into A&M.

If they aren't quite sure if you'll make it at A&M as a full time A&M student, they offer you 1 of (at least) 3 choices):

Blinn Team - co-enrolled at A&M and Blinn. Take majority of the classes for 2 years at Blinn at Rellis, 1 or 2 a semester at A&M, then if satisafactory, just move on into A&M as a full time A&M student. Those students can be in the Corps, live in the dorms, go to football games as an Aggie, etc.

PSA - They put you at a system campus for a year to take classes. If satisfactory, you can choose to enroll at A&M.

Gateway - Live in the dorms for the summer before fish year. Take a few classes. If satisfactory, you become an A&M student in the fall.

Ah! That's what that was. Gotcha. Thanks. I thought it was like an engineering academy thing or something. Or that might be something else as well.

Know quite a few who went this path. I think it actually works very well. If nothing else, it is certainly a lot cheaper. And people like to **** on Blinn Profs but I gotta say, the two best ones I ever had were there, while conversely the worst, by far, were TAMU ones.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Quote:

The SMALLEST chance to disparage him and they are on it like sharks on chum. It's blatant and pretty sad tbh.

Oh FFS, laughing at people who say they're going to A&M when they're actually going to Blinn is one of the oldest and most revered aspects of being an Aggie.
samurai_science
austinAG90 said:

Who ****ing cares, kid needs to stay off Twitter - keep his mouth shut and enjoy his money. Why would he even go to college? That's stupid.
You replied to the thread
Eliminatus
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Quote:

The SMALLEST chance to disparage him and they are on it like sharks on chum. It's blatant and pretty sad tbh.

Oh FFS, laughing at people who say they're going to A&M when they're actually going to Blinn is one of the oldest and most revered aspects of being an Aggie.

Tis true. But not what I was referencing. Meant the headlines about the TAMU thing initially before Blinn was even in the picture.

And I take great pride in not being one of those. I knew my place. I actually didn't mind my time at Blinn and sometimes wonder if I should not have had taken more classes there. Tenured research profs who make their TAs PowerPoint their classes to death are the worst.
Four Seasons Landscaping
No shame in going to Blinn.

A lot of shame in going to Blinn after you publicly told the world you're going to A&M.
Ag CPA
AG
So much greatness on this thread but the staff will delete in the coming days in order to help preserve what is left of A&M's reputation.
techno-ag
AG

A lot of shame in going to Blinn after you publicly told the world you're going to A&M.
I don't know about that. He's got in mind to attend A&M. Like he said, the trial disrupted things. Going to Blinn for a year or two and then transferring over is a time honored way of doing it. With the price of tuition these days it's a no-brainer.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
textar4404
Go to Blinn for a year or two, establish residency, transfer to A&M at in state tuition rate. Sounds pretty smart.
Four Seasons Landscaping
It is.

But he very publicly said he's going to A&M.

Stop giving him a pass just because he shot some guys.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Coming up on Tucker Carlson?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Meh about his battle against big tech.
NormanAg
AG

And also publicaly saying you were considering joining the Corps. That right there plays into a ton of incorrect slanders about A&M. This kid is nothing but trouble IMO.

And yes,there is "no shame in going to Blinn". Nobody on this thread has even hinted at that.
Bunk Moreland
Edit: maybe a different thread
BluHorseShu
AG
techno-ag said:

I don't know about that. He's got in mind to attend A&M. Like he said, the trial disrupted things. Going to Blinn for a year or two and then transferring over is a time honored way of doing it. With the price of tuition these days it's a no-brainer.
So the only reason he's going to Blinn is to save some money on his prereqs?
BluHorseShu
AG
NormanAg said:

And also publicaly saying you were considering joining the Corps. That right there plays into a ton of incorrect slanders about A&M. This kid is nothing but trouble IMO.

And yes,there is "no shame in going to Blinn". Nobody on this thread has even hinted at that.
Agreed. The issue was the assumption he could easily do these things. A lot of very bright, hardworking kids were not offered admission to TAMU, but he should be some special exception? If he works hard and gets good enough grades to transfer, good for him. But I will be curious how F16 will respond if he ultimately chooses a liberal arts degree…
Charpie
AG
You think this kid is hurting for money?
techno-ag
AG
BluHorseShu said:

techno-ag said:

So the only reason he's going to Blinn is to save some money on his prereqs?
I think he's going to an open enrollment school because he's trying to find his way in life. Same reason lots of people go to a juco. Take some time and figure things out.

After a couple years with good grades he can transfer here, or somewhere else. Good on him.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
CanyonAg77
AG
I didn't watch the video. Did he say he was planning to join the Corps?
NormanAg
AG
Said he "was considering it".
NormanAg
AG
IMO he is more concerned with being in the public spotlight then "moving on with his life". He should be keeping a low profile, but seems more interested in getting public attention. Blinn and A&M don't need the attention he will bring AND actively SEEK!
TefIon Don
AG

Not really. I knew many people who said they were going to A&M only to move to CS and attend Blinn for 1/2 years before transferring over.
samurai_science
NormanAg said:

IMO he is more concerned with being in the public spotlight then "moving on with his life". He should be keeping a low profile, but seems more interested in getting public attention. Blinn and A&M don't need the attention he will bring AND actively SEEK!
Why not? If he makes liberals cry I think its a good thing.
Dark_Knight
AG
So are people still crying over this kid?
Because I'm Batman!

murphyag
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

"Blinn Team" is basically students just below the cutoff for A&M admission. Go to Blinn, get good enough grades, and you're admitted to A&M.

Interesting thing is they can live in the A&M dorms, be part of the student life, such as Corps, and still be going to Blinn
All of the Blinn Team students I know of were straight A high school students at very competetive high schools that barely missed out on being top ten percent, even with them having straight As. It is amazing how academically competetive some of the high schools are today in DFW area. Blinn Team is a different kind of kid than other students attending Blinn.
torrid
AG
Will his ASU credits transfer?
chickencoupe16
AG
TefIon Don said:

Not really. I knew many people who said they were going to A&M only to move to CS and attend Blinn for 1/2 years before transferring over.

I know a guy who, straight out of high school, literally went to Blinn for 1/2 year before transferring to A&M.
JB!98
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

TefIon Don said:

I know a guy who, straight out of high school, literally went to Blinn for 1/2 year before transferring to A&M.
Hell, my son will most likely be Top 5% in his class, but if he can get a DII football scholarship then he is going to go play for 2 years and then transfer in to TAMU. It makes financial sense and lets him live out a dream of playing CFB. No shame in transferring into TAMU, I did it!
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
australopithecus robustus
Stupe said:

Neehau said:

backintexas2013 said:

Wrong. Using a gun to protect property should be allowed. I know you would let someone steal from you but not me.
I never said it shouldnt be allowed. I am saying it is pointless and stupid unless there is a life threatened. It is one of the main reasons you hold and pay for insurance.

And there is no chance that you've ever owned a business. None.

BINGO
nortex97
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

"Blinn Team" is basically students just below the cutoff for A&M admission. Go to Blinn, get good enough grades, and you're admitted to A&M.

Interesting thing is they can live in the A&M dorms, be part of the student life, such as Corps, and still be going to Blinn
With the Rellis campus, and various tie in's there (including TAMU Kingsville and various campuses) for assorted degrees, kids don't really have to even be in the "Blinn Team" to be in a degree plan, take a year or two of courses there, and then transfer.

They have the option to just do a 4 year degree via that program also (without going ever to the satellite campuses like Corpus/Kingsville etc). It's cheaper, to be sure, than going to the main CS campus, though of course the degree isn't actually from TAMU-CS.
CSTXAg92
AG
petroleo y agua said:

Neehau said:

petroleo y agua said:

He was asked to help protect property. He responded in the affirmative.

Why does that bother you?

Seems to me it wasn't a very smart decision. I truly hope he doesn't get into Texas A&M.

No one cares whether you feel it was a smart decision. It was legal and Kyle acted completely within his rights.

I am going to actively work to have him accepted. I have two degrees from TAMU and guest lecture on an annual basis to a particular course.
TxTarpon

Quote:

1) Kyle Rittenhouse
2) Greta Thunberg
3) David Hogg
4) Nick Sandmann
Pass on all of them except 4.
He has enough cash he does not need to go to school or work for that matter.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
planoaggie123
AG
It was clearly in jest.....
doubledog
Quote:

Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M Blinn

Rittenhouse thinks they are the same... Either he lied, or he really does not think that a community college is the same as a university. Perhaps we should recruit a better student (or football player).
barbacoa taco
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

NormanAg said:

We know. That's why everyone who wants him at A&M wants him at A&M. Because it would piss off liberals and moderates.

That's all it's ever about. Divisiveness.
Teslag
AG
larry culpepper said:

baron_von_awesome said:

NormanAg said:

We know. That's why everyone who wants him at A&M wants him at A&M. Because it would piss off liberals and moderates.

That's all it's ever about. Divisiveness.

There's nothing wrong with sticking your thumb in the eye of your enemy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.