Kyle Rittenhouse Officially Picks A&M

41,325 Views | 431 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chickencoupe16
murphyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Tejas Ag 10 said:

Our acceptance standards are a joke. Politics aside he does not have the credentials to get in to A&M.
How do you know? Kid was a good student in HS, did a lot of volunteer work with the police and fire department, was a lifeguard at a municipal pool, cleaned up graffiti at a school that had been vandalized by BLM and Antifa and was going around helping people who got injured or dehydrated that night, irrespective of their views.

Oh and he was putting out fires started by the rioters. It was his putting out a dumpster fire that caused Rosenbaum to focus on him and go after him. Fortunately for Kyle, a social media journalist, Ricky McGinnis, was right behind Rosenbaum as he lunged to grab Kyle's gun while saying, "F*** you!!" He saw Kyle as he started to swing away from Rosenbaum and then raise his gun and McGinnis got out of the way. Kyle didn't fire until McGinnis was clear and Rosenbaum was again reaching for the gun. Wounds to his hand showed his hand was outstretched and reaching for the muzzle.

Going into the trial, it was the Rosenbaum shooting that I was mostly unsure of what had happened as that one did not have a lot of video associated with it unlike the other three shooting incidents that night. Jumpkick Man, Anthony Huber a/k/a Skateboard guy" and then Gaige Grooskreutz with a loaded Glock pointed at Kyle's head as he was on the ground.
What kind of grades did he have in high school? What was his class rank? I have no idea and am asking because I know a bunch of local kids who were good students that didn't get into A&M.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
The fact that he's trying to transfer from an online non-degree seeking ASU program should tell you all you need to know on whether or not he currently has the credentials. ASU has even confirmed he has not been accepted to a degree-seeking program. He's also just going out there and lying by and saying he's going to schools without even being accepted. If he gets the proper credentials then fine admit him but not in the place of some other deserving Texas student.
Faustus
Maybe just give him an honorary degree?
FIDO*98*
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

If he gets the proper credentials then fine admit him but not in the place of some other deserving Texas student.

I do agree that he should only get in if well qualified, but our current admission standards are purposely designed to screw deserving Texas students. It's a high priority for the University
PanzerAggie06
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

The fact that he's trying to transfer from an online non-degree seeking ASU program should tell you all you need to know on whether or not he currently has the credentials. ASU has even confirmed he has not been accepted to a degree-seeking program. He's also just going out there and lying by and saying he's going to schools without even being accepted. If he gets the proper credentials then fine admit him but not in the place of some other deserving Texas student.

What does him being in an on-line non degree seeking program tell us?

Are you implying they we should just automatically write off all such people for somehow being academically lesser and thus worthy of immediate dismissal as "serious" students?

Arrogant much?
CanyonAg77
AG
Summation for anyone who does not want to read the whole thread:

1) Kyle Rittenhouse announces on a radio show that he wants to go to A&M

2) Liberal heads explode

3) Usual suspects descend from Premium Board to express fear for their religion, Recruiting Athletes.

4) Virtue is signaled.

5) No proof that KR has applied or been admitted.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
It's telling us that if he isn't in an accredited university currently then yes he is currently academically lesser. Thats not being arrogant it is called holding our-selves to higher academic standards. Would you let in someone from DeVry university just because they had a nationally famous trial? Get over your politics and admit that he isn't academically qualified for A&M.
Cromagnum
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

3) Usual suspects descend from Premium Board to express fear for their religion, Recruiting Athletes.

4) Virtue is signaled.

Amazingly, every one of those would be flipped if it were this ****head instead.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

4.1) hawg tells everyone she's a lawyer and uses that fact to gatekeep acceptable opinions
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

It's telling us that if he isn't in an accredited university currently then yes he is currently academically lesser. Thats not being arrogant it is called holding our-selves to higher academic standards. Would you let in someone from DeVry university just because they had a nationally famous trial? Get over your politics and admit that he isn't academically qualified for A&M.

Did I mention letting a person in because they are famous due to a trial? I don't believe so.

Does said person from DeVry meet the standards to gain admittance to A&M? If so then I welcome them to A&M. I'm not so arrogant as to dismiss them out of hand because they attended such a school.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
he doesn't even attend ASU!
planoaggie123
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

What if that person went to DeVry, made really good grades while there and also has done a lot of good out in the community? Would you let them in? What if they did a lot of LGBT, BLM or green energy volunteering?

If that is not enough, is your only standard for academic admission grades? That too is a flaw. I knew two people who had high school 4.0 who flunked out freshman year.
aggiehawg
AG
LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

4.1) hawg tells everyone she's a lawyer and uses that fact to gatekeep acceptable opinions
You can have whichever ill informed opinion you desire. There's not a law forbidding stubborn ignorance.

Knock yourself out.
PanzerAggie06
AG
I don't care.

Again, I'm not dismissing him out of hand because of where he currently stands academically. If he meets the requirements to get in then let's welcome him to Aggieland and move on. If he doesn't meet the standards then he can look elsewhere or keep working at it till A&M does accept him.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
That's exactly what I said and you jumped on me for. Currently, he doesn't meet them or else he would be in. Hes not in as comfirmed by A&M but is out there telling everyone hes going to A&M. I can take a non-degree seeking oniline class at Yale, but that doesn't mean I go there.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Tejas Ag 10 said:

That's exactly what I said and you jumped on me for. Currently, he doesn't meet them or else he would be in. Hes not in as comfirmed by A&M but is out there telling everyone hes going to A&M. I can take a non-degree seeking oniline class at Yale, but that doesn't mean I go there.

I jumped on you for stating his place in an online non degree seeking program tells us "everything we need to know".

That's patently false. We also need to know his HS grades, possible courses at other schools, did he test out of any other academic requirements etc. Thus, your assertion his taking classes at ASU online paints a "total" picture of Kyle academically is simply wrong.
samurai_science
Cromagnum said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

Amazingly, every one of those would be flipped if it were this ****head instead.

Maybe? You have a link proving it? Go start a thread when it happens
samurai_science
Tejas Ag 10 said:

Let's be honest, its not that hard to get academically qualified, especially if you are at a bad school.
P.U.T.U
AG
I think he will be able to pay for tuition with no issues at least, even out of state.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
Lol Okay...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
aggiehawg said:

LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

You can have whichever ill informed opinion you desire. There's not a law forbidding stubborn ignorance.

Knock yourself out.
I don't need a law degree to know that it is weird grown adults like yourself are worshipping this kid
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
BoydCrowder13
LDA9336 said:

aggiehawg said:

LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

Knock yourself out.
I don't need a law degree to know that it is weird grown adults like yourself are worshipping this kid
She spends a lot of her retired life following his trial and defending him online.
barbacoa taco
AG
LDA9336 said:

aggiehawg said:

LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

Knock yourself out.
At the end of the day, I believe Kyle has celebrity status because he killed people that are hated by the Trump right. That makes him a hero (whether justified or not).

There's obviously nothing wrong with him wanting to move on and live a normal life after an acquittal. It's the fact that he has capitalized on his celebrity status over the fact that he KILLED people that is so off-putting. Yeah I know, he was justified and mistreated by the media. But he wouldn't have been famous but for this. Anyone who isn't a complete sociopath would want to lay low after a trial like that. Why would you ever want that kind of attention? For God's sake, this was a tragedy. Even if the shootings were completely justified, this isn't something to celebrate AT ALL. Yet he is speaking at conferences, going on right wing radio and TV shows, and hanging out with Trump at mar a lago.

The worship of Kyle Rittenhouse is the glorification of political violence against others. I think that's why most people have issues with him, notwithstanding any opinions on his guilt.
aggiehawg
AG
LDA9336 said:

aggiehawg said:

LDA9336 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

2) Liberal heads explode

4) Virtue is signaled.

Knock yourself out.
Worshipping the kid? You are delusional if you think that...or twelve years old.

Kid should have never been charged in the first place, not with murder. Was clearly a case of self defense as to Huber and Grosskreutz as both of those were caught on video and both were attacking him while he was on the ground.

Rosenbaum was questionable due to a lack of video evidence but then there was Ricky McGinnis as an eyewitness as to what transpired.
ScannerAggie19
AG
If true, I am happy this kid doesn't get into A&M. Doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed…plus he is bringing baggage the media people love to eat up
aTmAg
AG
ScannerAggie19 said:

If true, I am happy this kid doesn't get into A&M. Doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed…plus he is bringing baggage the media people love to eat up
He's sharper than every liberal on the planet.
Horn_in_Aggieland
Kyle is going to Blinn per Rusty Surrette.
Jbob04
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

Too close for comfort for ole Rusty
Charpie
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

Horn_in_Aggieland
Dark_Knight
AG
It's hilarious to read some of you pansies belly aching over Rittenhouse trying to go to A&M.

Please cry some more.
Because I'm Batman!

Jbob04
AG
BTHO Blinn and enroll at A&M
utah, get me two
So he says he's going to A&M, but didn't even get in. I'm going Wharton next spring guys
aTmAg
AG
utah, get me two said:

So he says he's going to A&M, but didn't even get in. I'm going Wharton next spring guys
If Wharton was working with Blinn and sent you a Warton package upon acceptance into the Blinn program (like A&M does), then you could indeed claim this.
utah, get me two
Except he didn't get A&M Blinn Team, he is just going to Blinn by himself

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.